Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#156751 Feb 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't blame any god or Santa; just trying to show you christians how screwed up your mythology is.
Well iI'm glad it isn't my fault :) after all.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#156752 Feb 26, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>It’s weird, Atheist don’t believe in God. Yet they believe all life just magically self created from sterile material and made this crazy run on the earth. We know that’s impossible because scientist have not been able replicate it in this modern era of science.

Then they point at us believing in a myth. But it’s acceptable for them to believe in a myth. Even though science does not support their position. They say science will one day will come up with an answer for how it all started.

Science will come up with a time machine way before they figure out the genesis of life.
LOL

Lets look at their myths

1) Big Bang when nothing exploded.
2) spontaneous self generating life.
3) one very week single cell life form
creating all plant and animal life that ever lived.
4) That atheism will replace God.

LOL!!!

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#156753 Feb 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Death of millions for Jesus again is what I stated note the again part as Hitler already killed millions for being Christ killers.
Again Christians eagerly anticipate this, hence there goes your absolute morality and truth.
What did you think of Dave confessing he purposely hurt animals as a child? You before had something to say about people who did that but let me guess when it's your fellow Christian you are okay with it yes?
<quoted text>
As far as the future that you are eluding too. There will be more wars and conflicts just as there has been since the beginning.

History has recorded over 200 million deaths under Atheist leadership. We all know Atheist leaders do not have a clean record when it comes to human rights.

If you will remember Jesus feed the five thousand. Atheist leadership embraced communism and starved the millions.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#156754 Feb 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You are so lacking understanding, and reading into the wrong material. I dunno if it's possible to educate you on the evidence for the BBT and how the four forces came to be.
Maybe poly will explain it yet again. I'm sorta tired of rampart denial and stupidity.
the big bang. Where nothing exploded and created everything. Or as some now are changing it up to sound less ridicules claim that when a singular (that contained all matter in the cosmos and was no bigger then this period .) exploded S L O W L Y creating everything.

Ya this second explanation sounds way more plausible. One other thing. What made it explode?
It had been sitting there for most of an entirety then just on a whim it thought
"Hey let's try something different"?

Yes sir, you folks real have something to hang your hat on with that one.

I can see why with such a solid foundation as that you feel superior enough to call creationist crazy.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#156755 Feb 26, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 5.3: And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
, and begat Salah:
I would love to see where the Bible clearly states the Earth is 6000 years old. Please supply scripture reference.

"Clearly States," where?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#156756 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't lie because he doesn't exist.
Ok

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#156757 Feb 26, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
the big bang. Where nothing exploded and created everything. Or as some now are changing it up to sound less ridicules claim that when a singular (that contained all matter in the cosmos and was no bigger then this period .) exploded S L O W L Y creating everything.
Ya this second explanation sounds way more plausible. One other thing. What made it explode?
It had been sitting there for most of an entirety then just on a whim it thought
"Hey let's try something different"?
Yes sir, you folks real have something to hang your hat on with that one.
I can see why with such a solid foundation as that you feel superior enough to call creationist crazy.
I know so much more than you, but it's not a total loss.
You can still cook dinner.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#156758 Feb 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, starting spin is not hard. It is just inertia.

Take two perfectly spherical balls in space a distance apart. Overall gravity will attract them. But if you add a mountain to one, then that becomes a lever for gravity to work on, and the planet starts spinning. That initial motion is all it takes. Momentum of the planet that started to spin about its axis, and the changing barycenter as they approach.

If one is spinning, it doesn't stop and turn around. It does a rolling flip. Nothing to really hold it. Keeps its momentum mostly, which actually helps the flip.

But both theories are off the mark. They misidentified the real forces, so their calculations are off.
Even if the planet is the size of Jupiter and the tallest mountain only a few thousand meters high?

If earth was shrunk down to the size of a Q-ball it would be much smoother then the Q-ball. Could gravity be able to start it spinning that smooth?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#156759 Feb 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Told you guys! Lmfao! I called it.
<quoted text>
Proverbs 18:7

Amplified Bible (AMP)

7. "A [self-confident] fool’s mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to himself"

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#156760 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it you are critical of lack of proof in science but not lack of proof in your religion?
Obviously he could say the same for you. I've had many opportunities in the past to chat with you and this has given me insight on your extremme lack of knowledge of the bible. To show everybody including myself I'll prove your lack of knowledge on the bible. When was the Catholic church and the Church of Christ established?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#156761 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't. Not until you at least recognize there are two sides to the coin. All you atheists do is focus on negative, negative, negative... Without trying to understand why any scripture is written. You just cry out "GODDIDIT!"
The mind of many of these Atheist are maligned and deviant. They fight so very hard against something they don’t believe in.

Like the man that claims there’s no fish in the sea yet he wrestles with a fish that is so huge he can’t pull him in. Why fight the fish and try to reel him in if there is no fish?

They say God doesn’t exist yet they wage war against God as if he does exist. Why fight something that doesn’t exist? Unless of course he does exist.

If I didn’t believe in God I would just go about my business. Why fight something you don’t believe is real?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#156762 Feb 26, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the planet is the size of Jupiter and the tallest mountain only a few thousand meters high?
If earth was shrunk down to the size of a Q-ball it would be much smoother then the Q-ball. Could gravity be able to start it spinning that smooth?
Gravity works in straight lines, each tiny piece of mass to every other tiny piece of mass in the universe.

A perfect ball has a center of mass. Add a mountain and it is like a lever on that center, which then changes, BTW, because of the change in mass. In space you wouldn't have that fulcrum as you do on earth, but once the gravitational attraction starts the two balls moving you get all sorts of dynamics going, momentum, any EM attraction or repulsion, and a dance as the barycenter changes and has to work against that motion. The two ball example is oversimple. With other balls around you have the gravity force providing a fulcrum for the ball with the mountain to be levered on its axis. Theorectically it would just take a pile of dirt. Look up Newton's Theory on the effect of mountain on gravity. Mountains pull objects to the side because of their mass. Not a whole lot mind you, but it does. It has been proven. This mass in a straight line is also why you have gravitational anomalies on earth. Varying densities in its makeup. The strongest pull of gravity is diametric because of this, but you also have pulls to all the other mass, that one is just the strongest.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#156763 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should research some stuff yourself instead of just being a follower.
It seems to me that asking Christians what they believe is a good way to find out what Christians believe.
I'm sorry for that. I've seen it on Topix a lot - more than I'd like to. I've known atheists that have very good moral sturctures and very good family values. Just because someone is atheist doesn't mean they're evil. In turn, just because someone is Christian doesn't mean they're good....
Thank you for that.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#156764 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 2 dogs.
If that is an absolute truth then science has uncovered a lot and your bible fails at uncovering even a small fraction of what science has.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#156765 Feb 26, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Lets look at their myths
1) Big Bang when nothing exploded.
2) spontaneous self generating life.
3) one very week single cell life form
creating all plant and animal life that ever lived.
4) That atheism will replace God.
LOL!!!
Well, you know less about the big bang theory than I do, you should be ashamed of your ignorance.

You have life generated from non-life too, we just want to know how it was done. All you do is present a who, without any evidence, and expect that to be an answer. Well, you don't have an answer so there.

Third thing, makes no sense.

Last one, nope, however more people are ditching the religious nonsense for rationality and sanity every day.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#156766 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>An absolute truth is an unalterable and permanent fact.
For example?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#156767 Feb 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
For example?
He said he said, He has two dogs.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#156768 Feb 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You know like you...the Taliban rejects science too.
You fundies hate science, because it shows you how wrong you are.
"You fundies hate science"

Thanks for telling me about what I like and what I hate. LOL

Why you're just like a fortune cookie!

LOL

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#156769 Feb 26, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the future that you are eluding too.
What?

Eluding?

Too?

And no sentence either?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#156770 Feb 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>But, you are not taking any god's word for it, you are taking the word of the people who first wrote it down, then those who translated it, then those who edited it, then those who proof-read it, and finally those who print it.

You are taking the word of a lot of humans who could have, for any reason, said whatever they wanted.
But I am taking Gods word for it.
Unless you have proof to the contrary, feel free to button it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 min Johnny 118
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Big Al 699,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Big Al 995,045
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min rippygirl423 447,403
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Chilli J 71,607
REAL reason Pelican's Davis appeared in "Barber... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 5 hr quilterqueen 1,838