Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#156437 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which prove He was God AND most pf them invalidate Christianity. That is why the Roman Church banned and burned them. It has only been in the last couple hundred years that many have surfaced proving the lies of Christianity.
You religitards never learn not to touch the double edged sword of reality.
I see we have a Dan Brown fan...

Location hidden

#156438 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Again you must show proof for your god before you can assign properties to it. That is logical.
Why don't you just copy and paste your link to the transcendential argument apologetic page you are stealing from?
It would save time. It's a piss poor argument that relies on jumping to conclusions and special pleading.
<quoted text>
Truth is self attesting, that is obvious.

Do you disagree with that?

Location hidden

#156439 Feb 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism proves nothing, it is the logical progression of reason.
While atheism sometimes ridicules the Organized Superstition aka religions and those delusional or gullible enough to believe their dogma, it remains the future.
Religion will become extinct. A curiosity.
Religion cannot 'evolve' it is stuck on intractable dogma. What will 'evolve' is the desire to maintain its power over the dim witted.
If atheism is the logical progression of reason, then please account for the absolute laws of logic that transcend humanity...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156440 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You made the assertion there is a god, it is your argument hence the burden of proof is on your shoulders.
You made the assertion that there is no god. That burden of proof is on you.
Just keep it in the home and church and out of the public square and government
NO. We will continue to pray in court, swear to God under oath, swear to God in our military oath, keep the 10 Commandments posted in public places, encourage our kids to pray in school, put up religious billboards, place nativity scenes everywhere at Christmas, etc.

And there's NOTHING you can do about it except whine.

See humanity created all gods.
That burden of proof is on you, too.

Get ta googlin'

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156441 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does.
Let's say you love your parents.

Let's also say you assume that love is demonstrable.

Let's also say you "know it".

Prove it.

Location hidden

#156442 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The fact that people don't believe in any god is proof for atheism.
Glad to catch you up. In other news Catholics are indeed Christians! Who knew?
<quoted text>
Wow, subjectivity is proof?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#156443 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quest for complexity creates your own little universe. It can result in your universe being a small room with rounded scissors for cutting out paper dolls to share it with.
My quest for passion and beauty through complexity is joined by millions of Jazz fanatics, is shared millions who jam the symphony halls of the world. Try and get a ticket to Puccini's Turandot at the Met, all those who seek complexity and beauty scramble for the much sought after tickets.

I know its difficult for you to understand the quest for the finer things in life. You are completely content to remain a member of the herd, believing that popularity among the common folk equals excellence. Continue to view your painting by numbers collection, drinking your Boon's Farm Apple wine, and listening to pukebucket, I'll continue to elevate myself above the herd trough beauty and complexity.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#156444 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
My accountant said you were a great asset, he said if I adopt you I would get a huge tax break and be able to claim for all sorts of things.
We all spring from apes but you didn't spring far enough.

I can see what you lack in intelligence - you more than make up for with juvenile stupidity.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#156445 Feb 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
In many ways.
Through the transcendent absolute laws in the universe.
Through the Bible,(ever wondered why the Bible bothers you so much?).
Through your conscience.
So that you are without excuse.
Of course, you have been suppressing that truth, as all atheists do.
It is not a matter of knowledge, it is a matter of the will...
In other words, no god has ever revealed itself to humanity.

Thanks.

PS - when did I ever say the bible bothered me? What an odd concept.

Location hidden

#156447 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What absolute truth?
You deny that truth is absolute?

Location hidden

#156448 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is absolute truth?
In the beginning God..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#156449 Feb 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning God..
You do understand that you are making absolutely no sense, right?
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156450 Feb 25, 2013
In the beginning god shat himself.
god's creator had to wipe his arse.
You still do.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning God..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156451 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself again?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156452 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
I found this Blog interesting.
I think he got my name wrong though its not Langan it's Langoliers.
"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.
What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "
High intelligence is a great thing if it doesn't let it's self get tangled in knots.

IQ levels are exponential. Look at them as a vertical ladder. Each step up and you see more than just that step up. 100 100 IQ's can't see what a 130 can see on an individual basis. However, they can put things together better in many cases because of those knots one can get from seeing so much and trying to process it.

Just try to wipe you mind clean of preconceived notions and indoctrination, Read his stuff, try to grasp his logic, and if it makes sense to you, then it is likely correct. If not, it gives you an expanded platform for your logic to work from. Yours is what counts, as it is your ass that pays the price.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156453 Feb 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
In the beginning god shat himself.
god's creator had to wipe his arse.
You still do.
<quoted text>
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth...

...then man.

....then you.

...Then He had second thoughts.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156454 Feb 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My quest for passion and beauty through complexity is joined by millions of Jazz fanatics, is shared millions who jam the symphony halls of the world. Try and get a ticket to Puccini's Turandot at the Met, all those who seek complexity and beauty scramble for the much sought after tickets.
I know its difficult for you to understand the quest for the finer things in life. You are completely content to remain a member of the herd, believing that popularity among the common folk equals excellence. Continue to view your painting by numbers collection, drinking your Boon's Farm Apple wine, and listening to pukebucket, I'll continue to elevate myself above the herd trough beauty and complexity.
:-)

It's harder to take a pot shot at me when I am in the middle of all those cows.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156455 Feb 25, 2013
So god is not perfect.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth...
...then man.
....then you.
...Then He had second thoughts.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156456 Feb 25, 2013
Pervs like you will f**k anything.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
It's harder to take a pot shot at me when I am in the middle of all those cows.

Location hidden

#156457 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I am making perfect sense.

Account for absolute truth.

Can you account for absolute truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min I m Home 176,073
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Chase 608,350
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 810,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Osmius 269,190
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min marge 574,742
should speaking spanish be banned in the us ? (Oct '07) 35 min Commander Bunny 486
A Night At The Movies 36 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Seentheotherside 39,699
More from around the web