Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#156075 Feb 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as she renounces homosexuality, right?
Otherwise, she's going to hell, right?
Been there.

When I stand in front of the saviour and he asks me: "Are you worthy of being in Heaven?"

I'll say, "I'm just here for your leg."

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#156076 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The same sex marriage battle is almost over. It's a downhill slide. Fundies will keep talking about it and Pat Robertson will several strokes but the end is in sight.
Perhaps but the fundies are definitely going to fight to the last man/woman.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#156077 Feb 24, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps but the fundies are definitely going to fight to the last man/woman.
Sometimes you have to use your hand to tell the difference.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#156078 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes you have to use your hand to tell the difference.
Indeed

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#156079 Feb 24, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed
Or just give them a lot of coffee and watch how they pee.

I met this girl one time...no I didn't.
Frank

Roslyn Heights, NY

#156080 Feb 24, 2013
Send your daughter to me. I abort them up to 9 months!

American politicians continue their hypocritical ways in the U. S.

The other evening Bill O'reilly had Kirsten Powers and Kate Obenshain on his TV show to talk about “two big recent issues that they argued are part of an overarching acceptance of the nanny state: a judge not prosecuting a mother for taking cocaine while pregnant, and New York governor Andrew Cuomo pushing for no restrictions on abortion in New York. O’Reilly told both that these are clear signs the United States is becoming a “barbaric” nation.” O'reilly emphasized that Coumo was Catholic and was disobeying his religion.

We can add other Catholics such as Kerry, Giuliani, Schwarzenegger, Daschle, Dodd, Durbin, Leahy, Mikulski, Pelosi, Delahunt, Capuano, Markey, McGovern, Meehan, Granholm, Sebelius, Pataki, Richardson, Cellucci, and Biden support a culture of death, and disobey their religion. Add to those names other Catholics such as Representatives Mary Jo Kilroy (D-OH), Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-D), Betsy Markey (CO-D), and Carol Shea- Porter (NH-D) and we see hypocrisy reigning. We are being led by excommunicated Catholics. The law, Canon 915, provides that those... who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to Holy Communion. A priest who knowingly gives Communion to a pro-abortion politician commits a grave sin as well as the unworthy recipient. And Congresswoman Pelosi tells us how important going to communion is to her. And Pelosi says,“I am going to stick with fellow Catholics’ in supporting Obama birth control mandate.”

Pelosi and that ilk would be right at home following their Caeser during the Roman Empire. The Romans practiced infanticide, contraception and abortion –
Do we see any parallels in modern America?

Top 11 similarities between the fall of Rome and the fall of America
1- Over-Extended Military
2- Government Corruption
3 -Birth Control - Decrease of Roman birth rates. Abortion, contraception, infanticide, prostitution, and perversion dramatically lowered birthrates
4 -Obsession with Sports and Entertainment Redistribution of Wealth
5 -The breakdown of marriage and rise of divorce.
6. The loss of the traditional meaning of the marriage ceremony.
7.. The rise of Feminism.
8. Increased public disrespect for parents and authority in general.
9. Acceleration of juvenile delinquency, promiscuity and rebellion.

How soon will the U.S meet its demise?

is it any wonder we are now that “barbaric” nation?

Frank Cunningham
Citizens Concerned with Human Life Mifflin Juniata Inc.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156081 Feb 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn’t stop Cain from killing his brother Able.
God is not a Dictator. If he was you would already have been hung or shot. There are laws on the books in most countries against slavery.
Did God put it into the heart of Abraham Lincoln to make a bold stand against slavery?
Did God allow the North to defeat the South?
Did God allow apartheid to be abolished in South Africa?
People like you are always criticizing the bible yet you don’t say a damn thing about modern slavery. There is a reason for that, you don’t give a sh*t.
You are an idiot. Your god may not have stopped cain, but he did have a law against murder. Of course, that law came pretty late into the game!

Your god never made a law against slavery or pedophilia, did he?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#156082 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
Are you Chinese too?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156083 Feb 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?
Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.
How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
At least once a day you repeat this same ole argument about christian hospitals. Like you really have something.
We have debated it a thousand times over. Yet you just keep bringing the same ole argument over and over.

It’s called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

Man you need Dr. Phil.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156084 Feb 24, 2013
It's long overdue but it is finally on the right path to equality.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The same sex marriage battle is almost over. It's a downhill slide. Fundies will keep talking about it and Pat Robertson will several strokes but the end is in sight.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#156085 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
American politicians continue their hypocritical ways in the U. S.
The other evening Bill O'reilly had Kirsten Powers and Kate Obenshain on his TV show to talk about “two big recent issues that they argued are part of an overarching acceptance of the nanny state: a judge not prosecuting a mother for taking cocaine while pregnant, and New York governor Andrew Cuomo pushing for no restrictions on abortion in New York. O’Reilly told both that these are clear signs the United States is becoming a “barbaric” nation.” O'reilly emphasized that Coumo was Catholic and was disobeying his religion.
We can add other Catholics such as Kerry, Giuliani, Schwarzenegger, Daschle, Dodd, Durbin, Leahy, Mikulski, Pelosi, Delahunt, Capuano, Markey, McGovern, Meehan, Granholm, Sebelius, Pataki, Richardson, Cellucci, and Biden support a culture of death, and disobey their religion. Add to those names other Catholics such as Representatives Mary Jo Kilroy (D-OH), Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-D), Betsy Markey (CO-D), and Carol Shea- Porter (NH-D) and we see hypocrisy reigning. We are being led by excommunicated Catholics. The law, Canon 915, provides that those... who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to Holy Communion. A priest who knowingly gives Communion to a pro-abortion politician commits a grave sin as well as the unworthy recipient. And Congresswoman Pelosi tells us how important going to communion is to her. And Pelosi says,“I am going to stick with fellow Catholics’ in supporting Obama birth control mandate.”
Pelosi and that ilk would be right at home following their Caeser during the Roman Empire. The Romans practiced infanticide, contraception and abortion –
2- Government Corruption
3 -Birth Control - Decrease of Roman birth rates. Abortion, contraception, infanticide, prostitution, and perversion dramatically lowered birthrates
Frank Cunningham
Awww...has the world changed on you, grandpa?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#156087 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
...was disobeying his religion.....obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to Holy Communion. A priest who knowingly gives Communion to a pro-abortion politician commits a grave sin as well as the unworthy recipient. And Congresswoman Pelosi tells us how important going to communion is to her. And Pelosi says,“I am going to stick with fellow Catholics’ in supporting Obama birth control mandate.”...Do we see any parallels in modern America?...
Perhaps what the USA needs to worry more about is the prevalence of religious superstition and daft fundamentalism?

Religion = superstition
Get over it!
Imhotep

United States

#156088 Feb 24, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Your journey will have an eternal price to pay. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and start your journey with God as your guide on a journey of happiness that will never end, instead of the dead-end one you're about to take.
The promotion and perpetuation of a myth is often more important to believers than what the Bible teaches.

The Christian "free" gift myth is a prime example of this.

Many Christians demonstrate that the teachings of the Bible are irrelevant when they conflict with a popular myth that serves to advance the religion.

These believers are not subject to the moral principles that they claim their religion symbolizes.
They have no problem bearing false witness to others concerning the most important issue in their religion, which is that of personal salvation.

This means you must abandon your mind to save your soul. You must confess Jesus is your Lord and worship him as such.

That act is a "work" in itself. Faith is also a work.

Make no mistake concerning the actual nature of this so-called "free" gift.

Salvation is exchanged for worship and it's nothing more than a holy barter system where you say the magic words and you are saved. On the surface it's cheap, easy, and painless. It appeals to anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with thinking for themselves, but it's in no sense "free".

This form of holy fire insurance is nothing more than false advertising and should be treated with the same regard one would have when he opens a box of Cracker Jacks and digs out the cheap trinket that came as a "free" gift when you purchased the box it came in.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156089 Feb 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? Composers buried under the ground with no way to play their music? are you friggin serious? All the te great composers are buried and their music is played regularly. You don't realize this? REALLY???? I attended a Puccini opera just last month, and he's been buried for a very long time. Their music survives you nitwit, SCORES, PARTS. Holy shit are you a numbskull.
Wanting to leave the world a richer place has noting to do with wanting to live eternally. Christians are always crying about PURPOSE, what is the purpose for an Atheist. Stupid mindset, as though without a God thing we have no purpose. We all decide what our purpose is in life, mine was to create and to teach other how to do the same. To advance the art form, even a little. To enrich the world, to leave something of yourself behind, to have not lived a valueless life. What is it that you will leave behind. How have you enriched the world, what was your purpose, will your work still be valid a hundred years from now? Mine will!!!!
That you think of mankind as just an eating machine speaks volumes about your mindset. Somehow you have missed the elegance and grace associated with your species. You instead have reduced man to a vicious uncaring eating machine who's only goal is to be fed. How truly sad that you have missed all the wonderful things that cultured people enjoy. No wonder your taste in music is so feeble. I understand that an entire universe of music exists, great symphonies, passionate operas, wonderful melding of Jazz and classical forms, jazz musicians who have advanced the only Truly American art form to what it is today. Works that are so massive and elicit such passion that the experience that can only be imagined. Mahler's 8th symphony is one such work, it's called the Symphony of a thousand,as there are a thousand performers.
You need say no more, I have figured you to a tee. Your life has been devoid of any passion, elegance and grace have never been apart of your life. You see your fellow brothers and sister of this planet as mere eating machines. Your mechanically oriented mind is incapable of discerning the emotions that go into the creative process. Thats why you have never gotten past the Juvenile simplistic music you think is so wonderful. You've missed an entire universe of creativity and passion, I truly feel intense pity for you. Poor you!!! And you're not even aware of what you've missed, very sad indeed!!!!
Your moral and spiritual beliefs, which is what you are expressing, could not arise from random collections of matter. Those beliefs arise from religious training. Religions started a very long time ago. Very simply put, your thinking is a product of age old religious belief. That is how those morals and concepts of man were codified.

Your kneejerk rejection of religions is an emotional issue, not one of truly rational thought. Rational thought would reveal the importance and total integration of spiritual belief that exists in human existence. A religion does not have to be accurate in its accounts of creation or existence of a creator, but its spiritual aspect, and holding man's ego in check by having a higher authority to answer to is most important for mankind on the whole. It is a check and balance against a network of people who gain absolute physical control of the population. Such leads to a small group forcing their beliefs, which will be in error, on the whole, stifling creativity and advancement in thought. Those people do not become gods you must follow. Once a group like that gets established, their prime directive is staying in power and control, not the advancement of mankind. On ecan look at your posting ans thought processes and see how if you gained control, your ego would lead you to do exactly as I have said. Man's greatest weakness is when he feels he is the one in the know and in power.

Location hidden

#156090 Feb 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The need of dark matter as an explanation was based on observation.
There is indirect observation the dark matter hypothesis is correct. So you have it simply like this, dark matter exists and is the reason gravity is stronger over distance than thought.
The inverse square law is wrong . Or it is something else causing it. It doubtful the inverse square law could be that wrong , or space flights would have detected it. That leaves two things , do you want to try to explain it?
Hint many people have tried to apply various hypothesis using magnetism and em but it doesn't work.
Then the dark matter pre-existed and the laws and formulas governing gravity and EM were based upon incorrect assumptions, and thus incorrect. It is those laws and formulas that have been applied to a multitude of other observations and interpretation of cause and effect, meaning how things are put together and the processes involved. And to human cosmological beliefs. The modern phyiscs model is covered in so many Band Aids you can't see the object anymore.

http://io9.com/5986137/will-we-ever-solve-the...
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#156091 Feb 24, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
HARRINGTON, LORD. 19th century British statesman. Opposed admission of Jewish immigrants to England because:
"They are the great moneylenders and loan contractors of the world... The consequence is that the nations of the world are groaning under heavy systems of taxation and national debt. They have ever been the greatest enemies of freedom.(Speech in the House of Lords, July 12, 1858)
Shalom
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156092 Feb 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I view it more like a candle flame that is blown out. And it is *your* assumption that there is more than this even though there is no evidence of such. What we do know is that after we die we decompose (assuming we aren't preserved in formaldehyde or something similar). If you have any evidence of anything more, please present it.
There is abundant evidence, and it has been presented. That doesn't mean it is conclusive.

You are a liar, Plymouth. Evidence means absolutely nothing to you. Your view of science is religious in nature. You are no different than a holocaust denier or a Noah's flood proponent. All that differs is the subject matter.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#156093 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:

2- Government Corruption
Frank Cunningham
We live in a twisted world, where right is wrong and wrong reigns supreme. It is a chilling fact that most of the world's leaders believe in nonsensical fairytales about the nature of reality. They believe in Gods that do not exist, and religions that could not possibly be true. We are driven to war after war, violence on top of violence to appease madmen who believe in gory mythologies. These men are called Christians, Muslims and Jews.

Christianity is the worst disaster in human history.
The Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was based upon the view that all sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is regrettable.

A view of this sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by some people as a morbid aberration. The fact that it is embedded in Christian ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.

The Church had devastating impact upon society. As the Church assumed leadership, activity in the fields of medicine, technology, science, education, history, art and commerce all but collapsed.

Technology disappeared and the Church became the most cohesive power in Western society. The extensive aqueduct and plumbing systems vanished.

Orthodox Christians taught that all aspects of the flesh should be reviled and therefore discouraged washing as much as possible.
Toilets and indoor plumbing disappeared. Disease became commonplace as sanitation and hygiene deteriorated. For hundreds of years, towns and villages were decimated by epidemics.

Europe entered the Dark Ages.

Location hidden

#156094 Feb 24, 2013
http://endlessjrny.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-...

Years ago when AGW was coming to the forefront and I read about the increased water vapor in the air I predicted storms would get more violent and patterns would change for one simple physics reason. More mass in the air. A 40 mph wind will blow harder because it is now carrying more weight. But the real change is that increased mass gives more for external energy to work on. Sunlight and other sources of energy have more water molecules to expand. he you have the energy effects of cooling. This is going to shift the prevailing patterns. They will never go back to what they were because a long process of change was kicked into gear. Man's activities were not the only, or necessarily the major reason for this change to be initiated. But men jumped on it and turned something that is natural in the long run into a religious fervor that would ultimately put money in their pockets. Instead of preparing for changes, revenue generation for private corporations and investors were proposed. Scientists were bought on all sides to support contentions. Hysteria was being induced for profit.

The theistic approach is you live with the changes, as it is the will of a greater power. It is all just following the will of nature.

The atheist/"scientific" approach was to instill that hysteria and make a profit from it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156095 Feb 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your moral and spiritual beliefs, which is what you are expressing, could not arise from random collections of matter. Those beliefs arise from religious training. Religions started a very long time ago. Very simply put, your thinking is a product of age old religious belief. That is how those morals and concepts of man were codified.
Your kneejerk rejection of religions is an emotional issue, not one of truly rational thought. Rational thought would reveal the importance and total integration of spiritual belief that exists in human existence. A religion does not have to be accurate in its accounts of creation or existence of a creator, but its spiritual aspect, and holding man's ego in check by having a higher authority to answer to is most important for mankind on the whole. It is a check and balance against a network of people who gain absolute physical control of the population. Such leads to a small group forcing their beliefs, which will be in error, on the whole, stifling creativity and advancement in thought. Those people do not become gods you must follow. Once a group like that gets established, their prime directive is staying in power and control, not the advancement of mankind. On ecan look at your posting ans thought processes and see how if you gained control, your ego would lead you to do exactly as I have said. Man's greatest weakness is when he feels he is the one in the know and in power.
You nailed it again, Dave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min curiouslu 739,665
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Oxbow 542,657
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min Al Capone 4,485
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min WasteWater 259,542
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min STU PIDE ASS Xposed 95,523
70-337 Exam free download 1 hr passokay123 1
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 1 hr andet1987 3
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••