Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,496)

Showing posts 149,901 - 149,920 of222,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So people should worship your god out of fear? How sad...
The same fear you would have if you did something wrong and your father found out about it, that kind of fear, the fear of a loving father who has to correct his child. Do you disapprove of a loving father doing his job?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And niether have you. You don't give a damn about slavery.
If you did you would be trying to stop it.
We are, your slave owner is imaginary.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.
Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.
let us know when you get round to correcting your bible with the part that says all atheists are fools.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery.
Your complaint is nonsensical.

Biblical slavery is brought up because the Bible is claimed to be morally perfect. That has nothing to do with modern day slavery.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
"Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality."
Spoken like a good little brainwashed atheist.
I'm not the one claiming something exists that there is absolutely zero evidence for it's existence. So who's the brain washed person here? You were told there is a soul, and are brainwashed into believing it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Befoef in the paranormal. Something that has always existed and will never go away.

Probably most us on this forum alone have had one or more experiences in life that were on the odd side. Of course, we are trained to shut them out, dismiss them, or seeks physical reasons for them. The SOP for them when you can't find a physical reason for them is to then just dismiss it. Then you have those of that get pulled down that trail in pursuit of what happened. This is how the belief in UFOs, ghosts, and trumpet playing atheists tapping into a vast resource of energy come about.

But they do happen. The physics stuff I have been presenting can explain the link that this very myopic following a single trail modern physics method can't. This ethereal link that has to exist by their own physics, yet they ignore it because they can't touch it. It isn't the physicist though that pronounce the it doesn't exist unless we write a paper on it, it is idiots like so many Topix atheists. A real scientist keeps an open mind, but forces themselves to follow a logic in investigating. Topix atheist going flying off into space with condensed versions of what science provides. They are on the wacko side.

But anyhow, I've had a few a long time ago. They just got filed away and looked at later from a more developed perspective.

Had one that was really interesting almost 30 years ago. I was sitting on my couch reading a manual about the OS/2 operating system. Very relaxed. Just reading. Across the coffee table was an armchair with a table next to it immediately on its left, and the table lamp on. There was a background light in front of me while I looked down reading this book. The chair was quite empty, as was the table except for the lamp.

After a while I looked up from the book and forward the way we do when we read something and kind of digest it. Just kind of glancing up without focusing. Except something wasn't right. Part of the lamp's light was blocked. A total blackness was in front on the side toward the chair partially blocking it.

Huh?

I looked to the chair, and then a tall black form stood up, threw a cape or something over its left shoulder, then turned and disappeared. Very theatrical, like some old stage actor from the turn of the century. Just a dark opaque human figure that appears to have been sitting there watching me until I noticed it, then getting up and make a grand exit. It was very much real.

I hollered to the woman I was living with and told her about it. She said it was nothing unusual. She had seen many odd things there, including dancing lights on the floor. This was about two blocks away from a famous spiritualist camp that had been there for quite a while.

Was an interesting experience.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

People don't get themselves crucified for a lie. This is absurd. To think Paul and his buddies made this up to live a life of daily persecution, beaten whipped, stoned and then crucified is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.
Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.
What's wrong with you?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>The same fear you would have if you did something wrong and your father found out about it, that kind of fear, the fear of a loving father who has to correct his child. Do you disapprove of a loving father doing his job?
Well, my father never through me in a lake of fire, so I'm going to have to say you're being a little disingenuous with your analogy...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Befoef in the paranormal. Something that has always existed and will never go away.
Probably most us on this forum alone have had one or more experiences in life that were on the odd side. Of course, we are trained to shut them out, dismiss them, or seeks physical reasons for them. The SOP for them when you can't find a physical reason for them is to then just dismiss it. Then you have those of that get pulled down that trail in pursuit of what happened. This is how the belief in UFOs, ghosts, and trumpet playing atheists tapping into a vast resource of energy come about.
But they do happen. The physics stuff I have been presenting can explain the link that this very myopic following a single trail modern physics method can't. This ethereal link that has to exist by their own physics, yet they ignore it because they can't touch it. It isn't the physicist though that pronounce the it doesn't exist unless we write a paper on it, it is idiots like so many Topix atheists. A real scientist keeps an open mind, but forces themselves to follow a logic in investigating. Topix atheist going flying off into space with condensed versions of what science provides. They are on the wacko side.
But anyhow, I've had a few a long time ago. They just got filed away and looked at later from a more developed perspective.
Had one that was really interesting almost 30 years ago. I was sitting on my couch reading a manual about the OS/2 operating system. Very relaxed. Just reading. Across the coffee table was an armchair with a table next to it immediately on its left, and the table lamp on. There was a background light in front of me while I looked down reading this book. The chair was quite empty, as was the table except for the lamp.
After a while I looked up from the book and forward the way we do when we read something and kind of digest it. Just kind of glancing up without focusing. Except something wasn't right. Part of the lamp's light was blocked. A total blackness was in front on the side toward the chair partially blocking it.
Huh?
I looked to the chair, and then a tall black form stood up, threw a cape or something over its left shoulder, then turned and disappeared. Very theatrical, like some old stage actor from the turn of the century. Just a dark opaque human figure that appears to have been sitting there watching me until I noticed it, then getting up and make a grand exit. It was very much real.
I hollered to the woman I was living with and told her about it. She said it was nothing unusual. She had seen many odd things there, including dancing lights on the floor. This was about two blocks away from a famous spiritualist camp that had been there for quite a while.
Obviously, the Phantom of the Opera had the wrong address.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
If you like a good movie with a historical flair. Rent ďArgo,Ē with Ben Affleck,(2012). You will know what it means when I say,ďArgoÖÖÖÖÖĒ

Itís a little painful to watch the first 10 or 15 minutes. But the beginning is necessary to set the plot. Itís a 4 star moving and thereís not too many of those these days.

Enjoy.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:

Superstitious nonsense Dave , you can claim anything.
Queen Mary is my pet ghost, she is a succubus.
Now is that paranormal enough for you?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my father never through me in a lake of fire, so I'm going to have to say you're being a little disingenuous with your analogy...
My father never threw me into a lake of fire but Iíll be damned if I didnít end up in one a few times. I hate fire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So was your comment.

Even so, there is a difference between your father and a deity one. Your daddy couldn't pull you back out and make you as good as new. Good thing he knew his limits, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father can't give you heaven either. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God and you will never have to worry about a lake of fire.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

:)
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Moral indignation is in most cases 2% moral, 48% indignation and 50% envy."
~VITTORIO DE SICA

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text> Your father can't give you heaven either. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God and you will never have to worry about a lake of fire.
Iím not Church of Christ but I can tell you they have some of the best singers and quartets in the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the Phantom of the Opera had the wrong address.
Glad he did. He was blocking the light.

Such things can be attempted to be explained as the same process of a dream or such. But these things happen to people quite often. It may be as simple as a temporary link in the division of here and elsewhere triggers a physical response in us. Dreams or things like that.

What, about 4% of the universe is normal matter? Then you have this alleged dark matter and dark energy? Who knows what lurks in those dark corners. Corners, hell. We are in the corners.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Huh?
The only thing that fascinates the hell out of me are dreams. I wish we had the technology to record them...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Poe
<quoted text> First of all the catholic church is a false religion, actually it's the biggest deceiver of mankind, followed by the Muslims faith. I believe the Church of Christ is the true church of the bible and the only church teaching and preaching the true word of God and worshipping in spirit and in truth. God said it's better to marry than burn, this is one of the many problems caused by a false religion like the catholic church, if men were allowed to marry there wouldn't of been such a problem with sexual abuse. The catholic church is riddled with all kinds of problems, and for a very good reason, it's a false religion. The Church of Christ was established on 33 A.D. and appox. 300 years later some of the elders of the Church of Christ decided to branch off because of their own selfish desires, and that's how the catholic church came to be. They have added and taken away from the bible and have deceived more people than any other false religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,901 - 149,920 of222,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

399 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 715,700
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Hidingfromyou 529,587
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min Thamizhan 4,071
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min AussieBobby 255,484
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Mandela 114,502
Who really controls America and other Western c... 56 min The Awakener 41
Mike older man 1 hr Son1995 1
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 11 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••