Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155957 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. Thank you.
"I don't believe in either one."
That's all you had to say from the get-go.
I did.

Now can you explain why you believe in human souls but not house souls when you've admitted they both hold the same amount of evidence?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155958 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and your reply to this post was equally amusing. Personally I don't think you've ever ventured onto the ocean. Just waxing poetic, or so you think, about your wasted life.
My appreciation and total understanding of music has served me well for the 68 years that I've been on this wonderful planet. I have made a very good living, raised a family, and achieved almost all of my preset goals through music. I sit writing this post on my beautiful 32 foot sailboat, complements of my success in the music industry.
Gaining knowledge of any kind is a good idea,,thought you knew....oh well, you can lead a horse to water but......you know the rest!!!!!!!
Very nice memories.

All totally meaningless when you can't remember them anymore.

I do wax poetic a lot. Comes from observing life and seeing the music and prose that exists in it. Hard to do that when you toot your horn so much.

So, you think what you have done here will bear fruit for eternity, surviving the winds of universal and man made changes? Just what do think mankind will blossom into?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155959 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
"Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality."
Spoken like a good little brainwashed atheist.
Our reality is the physical, dolt.

Location hidden

#155960 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can actually levitate my mind to a place no Theists can go. Not sure what you are besides someone who enjoys making pointless smart ass comments. Theist maybe?
Your notions of theism and its capabilities is extremely limited.

Your mind can go no further than this earth and what is in it. Theists can actually go beyond the universe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155961 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your notions of theism and its capabilities is extremely limited.
Your mind can go no further than this earth and what is in it. Theists can actually go beyond the universe.
Then why are they still here?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155962 Feb 23, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Now can you explain why you believe in human souls but not house souls when you've admitted they both hold the same amount of evidence?
I never said that, you did.

Can you categorically prove that a soul does not exist, beyound all reasonable doubt?

BTW I hear the flat earth society is looking for new members. Sounds like you'd fit the bill.

Location hidden

#155964 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, you did.
You admitted they both hold no evidence and neither can be disproven. So why do you accept one and not the other?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Can you categorically prove that a soul does not exist, beyound all reasonable doubt?
I don't need to. The burden of proof is on YOU, RR.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BTW I hear the flat earth society is looking for new members. Sounds like you'd fit the bill.
How so?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#155965 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can actually levitate my mind to a place no Theists can go. Not sure what you are besides someone who enjoys making pointless smart ass comments. Theist maybe?
I'm an atheist like yourself, but when I read drivel like your comment on "anti-soul" energy, I immediately switch to smartass mode. I've read your prior posts and concluded that you were levelheaded and rational, something sorely needed on this thread, then suddenly you start this sophomoric rant about untapped energy that only atheists and freethinkers have access to. Really? Very disappointing.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#155966 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Your journey will have an eternal price to pay. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and start your journey with God as your guide on a journey of happiness that will never end, instead of the dead-end one you're about to take.
So people should worship your god out of fear? How sad...

Location hidden

#155967 Feb 23, 2013

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155968 Feb 23, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your gd crying! Your god never said that slavery was wrong.
And niether have you. You don't give a damn about slavery.

If you did you would be trying to stop it.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155969 Feb 23, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty disingenuous to compare an open practice that is defended as ethical to an illegal, underground practice.
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.

Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155970 Feb 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So people should worship your god out of fear? How sad...
The same fear you would have if you did something wrong and your father found out about it, that kind of fear, the fear of a loving father who has to correct his child. Do you disapprove of a loving father doing his job?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155971 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And niether have you. You don't give a damn about slavery.
If you did you would be trying to stop it.
We are, your slave owner is imaginary.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155972 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.
Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.
let us know when you get round to correcting your bible with the part that says all atheists are fools.

Location hidden

#155973 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery.
Your complaint is nonsensical.

Biblical slavery is brought up because the Bible is claimed to be morally perfect. That has nothing to do with modern day slavery.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155974 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
"Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality."
Spoken like a good little brainwashed atheist.
I'm not the one claiming something exists that there is absolutely zero evidence for it's existence. So who's the brain washed person here? You were told there is a soul, and are brainwashed into believing it.

Location hidden

#155975 Feb 23, 2013
Befoef in the paranormal. Something that has always existed and will never go away.

Probably most us on this forum alone have had one or more experiences in life that were on the odd side. Of course, we are trained to shut them out, dismiss them, or seeks physical reasons for them. The SOP for them when you can't find a physical reason for them is to then just dismiss it. Then you have those of that get pulled down that trail in pursuit of what happened. This is how the belief in UFOs, ghosts, and trumpet playing atheists tapping into a vast resource of energy come about.

But they do happen. The physics stuff I have been presenting can explain the link that this very myopic following a single trail modern physics method can't. This ethereal link that has to exist by their own physics, yet they ignore it because they can't touch it. It isn't the physicist though that pronounce the it doesn't exist unless we write a paper on it, it is idiots like so many Topix atheists. A real scientist keeps an open mind, but forces themselves to follow a logic in investigating. Topix atheist going flying off into space with condensed versions of what science provides. They are on the wacko side.

But anyhow, I've had a few a long time ago. They just got filed away and looked at later from a more developed perspective.

Had one that was really interesting almost 30 years ago. I was sitting on my couch reading a manual about the OS/2 operating system. Very relaxed. Just reading. Across the coffee table was an armchair with a table next to it immediately on its left, and the table lamp on. There was a background light in front of me while I looked down reading this book. The chair was quite empty, as was the table except for the lamp.

After a while I looked up from the book and forward the way we do when we read something and kind of digest it. Just kind of glancing up without focusing. Except something wasn't right. Part of the lamp's light was blocked. A total blackness was in front on the side toward the chair partially blocking it.

Huh?

I looked to the chair, and then a tall black form stood up, threw a cape or something over its left shoulder, then turned and disappeared. Very theatrical, like some old stage actor from the turn of the century. Just a dark opaque human figure that appears to have been sitting there watching me until I noticed it, then getting up and make a grand exit. It was very much real.

I hollered to the woman I was living with and told her about it. She said it was nothing unusual. She had seen many odd things there, including dancing lights on the floor. This was about two blocks away from a famous spiritualist camp that had been there for quite a while.

Was an interesting experience.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155976 Feb 23, 2013
People don't get themselves crucified for a lie. This is absurd. To think Paul and his buddies made this up to live a life of daily persecution, beaten whipped, stoned and then crucified is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155977 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Pad 559,734
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Next Victim Please 775,920
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min NEWS-FLASH 175,689
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min preteen girl 605,086
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 265,225
Tasha 15 min bigd33 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 38 min WasteWater 5,116
More from around the web