Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#155952 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was quite amusing.
I have a few of those T-shirts in my drawer.
Oh, my young friend with a not fully developed appreciation of music, this old hulk you see has sailed the calm and stormy seas, setting sail and reaching many ports. It has survived broadsides and pirates. It has also been caught in the irons and struggled to get under away. It has passed perilously close to the rocks. It has been caught in the stills, baking in the sun, the varnish peeling, the sails dry rotted away, and ship's stores depleted. It has spent the last many years drifting, following the currents and the breeze, gazing upon what passes in view. Reflecting on what it has seen in the past in its travels and the false notions that led it into those stills or a bad tack. It can no longer struggle against tides and winds. It just waits and enjoys the view until the sea claims it.
Oh, my young sprig, this old persimmon has weathered storms, drought, extreme heat, and the bugs. It has lived its life. It has experienced just about all a persimmon can experience. It is ripe, maybe a little overripe, and ready to drop to the ground to start a new life, or to sustain another one. The sun, wind, rain, and the bugs, no longer bother it. You may see it fall past you as you grow. If you survive the sun, wind, and the bugs.
I'm not on here to save your soul, or to gain knowledge that won't do no good in this manifestation. This is just passing time.
You ain't been no place I ain't been. You should listen to you elders more, laddybuck.
Or something like that.
Reminds me of a song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RFKdXV63_CcXX
Yes, and your reply to this post was equally amusing. Personally I don't think you've ever ventured onto the ocean. Just waxing poetic, or so you think, about your wasted life.

My appreciation and total understanding of music has served me well for the 68 years that I've been on this wonderful planet. I have made a very good living, raised a family, and achieved almost all of my preset goals through music. I sit writing this post on my beautiful 32 foot sailboat, complements of my success in the music industry.

Gaining knowledge of any kind is a good idea,,thought you knew....oh well, you can lead a horse to water but......you know the rest!!!!!!!
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#155953 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> First of all the catholic church is a false religion, actually it's the biggest deceiver of mankind, followed by the Muslims faith. I believe the Church of Christ is the true church of the bible and the only church teaching and preaching the true word of God and worshipping in spirit and in truth. God said it's better to marry than burn, this is one of the many problems caused by a false religion like the catholic church, if men were allowed to marry there wouldn't of been such a problem with sexual abuse. The catholic church is riddled with all kinds of problems, and for a very good reason, it's a false religion. The Church of Christ was established on 33 A.D. and appox. 300 years later some of the elders of the Church of Christ decided to branch off because of their own selfish desires, and that's how the catholic church came to be. They have added and taken away from the bible and have deceived more people than any other false religion.
The Catholics created Christianity.

All others left the flock to start their own personal versions of the RCC.

Although the number of apologies are limitless and though some may seem hollow and disingenuous, the RCC advises all apologies will sound very sincere.

I do not pretend to be able to prove that there is no God. I equally cannot prove that Satan is a fiction. The Christian God may exist; so may the gods of Olympus, or of ancient Egypt, or of Babylon. But no one of these hypotheses is more probable than any other as they lie outside the region of even probable knowledge, and therefore there is no reason to consider any of them. The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more often likely to be foolish than sensible.

Science is inquiry. Religion is presupposition. Reasoning people do not accept religious dogma without evidence. We may never know all the answers, but science has solved a great deal of the most important questions. Religion has an answer for everything, but solutions to nothing.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#155954 Feb 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, man. Mystical powers! Can you levitate too?
I can actually levitate my mind to a place no Theists can go. Not sure what you are besides someone who enjoys making pointless smart ass comments. Theist maybe?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155955 Feb 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one clue there is no such thing.
If you possessed a soul that could see without physical eyes, like
in a OOBE suggests you could. Then it would be useless to close your eyelids , because you would still see everything. This shows that OOBE's are nothing but a brain condition. Also.....
If you possessed knowledge independent of brain tissue.
When people suffer severe brain trauma , they would not lose memories and would not need therapy to regain motor function.
There are many lines of evidence there is no such thing as a soul.
A large piece of evidence is that not once in 200,000 years has anyone been able to positively communicate back from the state of death. Scam artist and charlatan mediums don't count.
If something exists after death, it can't effect the physical.
Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality.
LMAO!!!

"Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality."

Spoken like a good little brainwashed atheist.

Location hidden

#155956 Feb 23, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:

The Catholics created Christianity.
ummm....

OMG. Never mind.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155957 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. Thank you.
"I don't believe in either one."
That's all you had to say from the get-go.
I did.

Now can you explain why you believe in human souls but not house souls when you've admitted they both hold the same amount of evidence?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155958 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and your reply to this post was equally amusing. Personally I don't think you've ever ventured onto the ocean. Just waxing poetic, or so you think, about your wasted life.
My appreciation and total understanding of music has served me well for the 68 years that I've been on this wonderful planet. I have made a very good living, raised a family, and achieved almost all of my preset goals through music. I sit writing this post on my beautiful 32 foot sailboat, complements of my success in the music industry.
Gaining knowledge of any kind is a good idea,,thought you knew....oh well, you can lead a horse to water but......you know the rest!!!!!!!
Very nice memories.

All totally meaningless when you can't remember them anymore.

I do wax poetic a lot. Comes from observing life and seeing the music and prose that exists in it. Hard to do that when you toot your horn so much.

So, you think what you have done here will bear fruit for eternity, surviving the winds of universal and man made changes? Just what do think mankind will blossom into?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155959 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
"Doesn't exist within the physical, so it doesn't exist in our reality."
Spoken like a good little brainwashed atheist.
Our reality is the physical, dolt.

Location hidden

#155960 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can actually levitate my mind to a place no Theists can go. Not sure what you are besides someone who enjoys making pointless smart ass comments. Theist maybe?
Your notions of theism and its capabilities is extremely limited.

Your mind can go no further than this earth and what is in it. Theists can actually go beyond the universe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155961 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your notions of theism and its capabilities is extremely limited.
Your mind can go no further than this earth and what is in it. Theists can actually go beyond the universe.
Then why are they still here?

Location hidden

#155962 Feb 23, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Now can you explain why you believe in human souls but not house souls when you've admitted they both hold the same amount of evidence?
I never said that, you did.

Can you categorically prove that a soul does not exist, beyound all reasonable doubt?

BTW I hear the flat earth society is looking for new members. Sounds like you'd fit the bill.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155964 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, you did.
You admitted they both hold no evidence and neither can be disproven. So why do you accept one and not the other?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Can you categorically prove that a soul does not exist, beyound all reasonable doubt?
I don't need to. The burden of proof is on YOU, RR.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
BTW I hear the flat earth society is looking for new members. Sounds like you'd fit the bill.
How so?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#155965 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can actually levitate my mind to a place no Theists can go. Not sure what you are besides someone who enjoys making pointless smart ass comments. Theist maybe?
I'm an atheist like yourself, but when I read drivel like your comment on "anti-soul" energy, I immediately switch to smartass mode. I've read your prior posts and concluded that you were levelheaded and rational, something sorely needed on this thread, then suddenly you start this sophomoric rant about untapped energy that only atheists and freethinkers have access to. Really? Very disappointing.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#155966 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Your journey will have an eternal price to pay. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and start your journey with God as your guide on a journey of happiness that will never end, instead of the dead-end one you're about to take.
So people should worship your god out of fear? How sad...

Location hidden

#155967 Feb 23, 2013

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155968 Feb 23, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your gd crying! Your god never said that slavery was wrong.
And niether have you. You don't give a damn about slavery.

If you did you would be trying to stop it.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155969 Feb 23, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty disingenuous to compare an open practice that is defended as ethical to an illegal, underground practice.
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.

Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155970 Feb 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So people should worship your god out of fear? How sad...
The same fear you would have if you did something wrong and your father found out about it, that kind of fear, the fear of a loving father who has to correct his child. Do you disapprove of a loving father doing his job?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155971 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And niether have you. You don't give a damn about slavery.
If you did you would be trying to stop it.
We are, your slave owner is imaginary.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155972 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Atheist bring up biblical slavery all the time. Never say a word about ongoing slavery. The fact is they donít give a damn about slavery. If they did they would be an advocate against it, but their not.
Iím the one that has to remind people that slavery is ongoing issue even today in nearly every country in the world. Lackadaisical attitudes works for slavery and not against it.
let us know when you get round to correcting your bible with the part that says all atheists are fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 741,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min GOTP 173,921
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 543,338
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 259,793
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 11 min girls united states 301
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min Dr_Zorderz 4,509
Last Word + 2 18 min Mike Allen 767
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min trifecta1 601,213

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••