Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
149,821 - 149,840 of 224,174 Comments Last updated 50 min ago
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479)
True Believers® should answer these two simple questions...

1) Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

2) Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with their book.

I assume sufficient education and intelligence are present to accept the fact that… Neither Egyptian nor Roman history records any persons known as Moses or Jesus. These individuals exist only in holy books, which themselves are copied from previous legends and myths.

"Despite the mass of contemporary records that have been unearthed in Egypt, not one historical reference to the presence of the Israelites has yet been found there. Not a single mention of Joseph, the Pharaoh's 'Grand Vizier'. Not a word about Moses, or the spectacular flight from Egypt and the destruction of the pursuing Egyptian army."
Magnus Magnusson (The Archaeology of the Bible Lands - BC, p43)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479)
There's no such thing as god. When you liars discover what honesty and intellectual curiosity is, please let us know.

Until then take your rag bible which claims all atheists are fools and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god. When you liars discover what honesty and intellectual curiosity is, please let us know.
Until then take your rag bible which claims all atheists are fools and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.
http://www.faithfacts.org/search-for-truth/ma...
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

More 'faith facts'

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic-...

Tell me WHY nothing has been done?
Catholics are the majority of the Xtian cults.

Crimen Sollicitationis
The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, now resigning Pope Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text> The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”- one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful”(Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.(20 min ago | post #155879)
Jackson, TN
Homosexuals in Jackson
What's the Latin word for "spam"?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...

The difference between info, or most anything passed parallel and serial. Serial takes time, and has markers, such as dead space between expressions.

You can have a truck full of cows, but you have to unload them one at a time.
No ya don't.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/19/wh...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you wanted to be honest about it, all you could say is that you don't believe souls exist.

Watch, I'll go first:

I believe souls exist.
No.

You KNOW souls exist.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the Latin word for "spam"?
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum
~The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet

Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare
~Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
That same thing happened in this town 2 or 3 months ago.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”- one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful”(Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.
I have every sympathy with the theists who are so horrified
by what is in their Bible they gave up reading.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RED FLAG ALERT!!

"faithfacts"

Faith:
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum
~The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet
Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare
~Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one
At least he was kind enough to change his name!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
RED FLAG ALERT!!
"faithfacts"
Faith:
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case.
"Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case."

Topix athiest brains have faulty wiring.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
More 'faith facts'
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic-...
Tell me WHY nothing has been done?
Catholics are the majority of the Xtian cults.
Crimen Sollicitationis
The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, now resigning Pope Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.
First of all the catholic church is a false religion, actually it's the biggest deceiver of mankind, followed by the Muslims faith. I believe the Church of Christ is the true church of the bible and the only church teaching and preaching the true word of God and worshipping in spirit and in truth. God said it's better to marry than burn, this is one of the many problems caused by a false religion like the catholic church, if men were allowed to marry there wouldn't of been such a problem with sexual abuse. The catholic church is riddled with all kinds of problems, and for a very good reason, it's a false religion. The Church of Christ was established on 33 A.D. and appox. 300 years later some of the elders of the Church of Christ decided to branch off because of their own selfish desires, and that's how the catholic church came to be. They have added and taken away from the bible and have deceived more people than any other false religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I'm sorry that you have a mental illness called creationistanity.

When you learn how to be a moral, honest decent citizen of the world, we will take you seriously.

If you keep lying about god you have no proof of however, you will not get very far on this forum...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Why is it Topix atheists have no real intellectual curiosity? It seems all they can do is blurt.

Is it really necessary for the body human to have so many zits? Is this part of a growing and maturing process? Or has mankind ate too much junk food?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have a mental illness called creationistanity.
When you learn how to be a moral, honest decent citizen of the world, we will take you seriously.
If you keep lying about god you have no proof of however, you will not get very far on this forum...
Your world is very, very small.

It is like a psychiatric ward.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, if you keep lying about God like Skeptic does.
He hates God and is reduced to 4 lettered one liners about the faithful....(he thinks his fellow 'atheists' appreciate it and him....yeah go figure....)
He says he has proof that God doesnt exist but wont show anyone because he believes he is too 'elite' for us.....
And because he 'said so!'

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess none.
Ok, then why did you say I was wrong?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's just as irrational as saying it DOESN'T exist with no evidence.
You keep missing that.
That's not true. It's not a 50/50 likelihood of these extraordinary claims being true or false.

If I tell you there's a dragon in my garage, it's not equally irrational for you to doubt me as it is for you to believe me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because I know all about car engines, fairies aren't in them.
You don't know that. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, right? It could be that there are fairy colonies at every car factory and when each car comes off the line, a fairy goes with it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because I know that wood, stucco, concrete, drywall, paint and glass are inanimate objects and cannot get angry.
You don't know that. Housey the House God gives each house a soul when it's built.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There's a difference between extraordinary claims and ridiculous extraordinary claims....
Not much. It's just a matter of degree. If I told you my uncle was dead for 3 days and then popped out of the ground, you'd consider that to be a ridiculous extraordinary claim, yet that's something you believe about Jesus.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's doubtful that they could even comprehend it...
Huh? I just explained how they could comprehend it by showing it as an expansion of existing technology they had at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

496 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 532,749
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 min cowboy 402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min lisw 172,389
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Holy dr Shrink 599,083
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Remnant of 144000 38,449
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 34 min Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 49 min Krackerjacks 115,083
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min thewordofme 720,503
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••