Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155892 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...

The difference between info, or most anything passed parallel and serial. Serial takes time, and has markers, such as dead space between expressions.

You can have a truck full of cows, but you have to unload them one at a time.
No ya don't.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/19/wh...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155893 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you wanted to be honest about it, all you could say is that you don't believe souls exist.

Watch, I'll go first:

I believe souls exist.
No.

You KNOW souls exist.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#155894 Feb 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the Latin word for "spam"?
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum
~The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet

Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare
~Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155895 Feb 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
That same thing happened in this town 2 or 3 months ago.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#155896 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”- one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful”(Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.
I have every sympathy with the theists who are so horrified
by what is in their Bible they gave up reading.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#155897 Feb 23, 2013
RED FLAG ALERT!!

"faithfacts"

Faith:
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#155898 Feb 23, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum
~The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet
Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare
~Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one
At least he was kind enough to change his name!

Location hidden

#155899 Feb 23, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
RED FLAG ALERT!!
"faithfacts"
Faith:
Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case.
"Fact:
A thing that is indisputably the case."

Topix athiest brains have faulty wiring.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155900 Feb 23, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
More 'faith facts'
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic-...
Tell me WHY nothing has been done?
Catholics are the majority of the Xtian cults.
Crimen Sollicitationis
The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, now resigning Pope Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.
First of all the catholic church is a false religion, actually it's the biggest deceiver of mankind, followed by the Muslims faith. I believe the Church of Christ is the true church of the bible and the only church teaching and preaching the true word of God and worshipping in spirit and in truth. God said it's better to marry than burn, this is one of the many problems caused by a false religion like the catholic church, if men were allowed to marry there wouldn't of been such a problem with sexual abuse. The catholic church is riddled with all kinds of problems, and for a very good reason, it's a false religion. The Church of Christ was established on 33 A.D. and appox. 300 years later some of the elders of the Church of Christ decided to branch off because of their own selfish desires, and that's how the catholic church came to be. They have added and taken away from the bible and have deceived more people than any other false religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155901 Feb 23, 2013
I'm sorry that you have a mental illness called creationistanity.

When you learn how to be a moral, honest decent citizen of the world, we will take you seriously.

If you keep lying about god you have no proof of however, you will not get very far on this forum...

Location hidden

#155902 Feb 23, 2013
Why is it Topix atheists have no real intellectual curiosity? It seems all they can do is blurt.

Is it really necessary for the body human to have so many zits? Is this part of a growing and maturing process? Or has mankind ate too much junk food?

Location hidden

#155903 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you have a mental illness called creationistanity.
When you learn how to be a moral, honest decent citizen of the world, we will take you seriously.
If you keep lying about god you have no proof of however, you will not get very far on this forum...
Your world is very, very small.

It is like a psychiatric ward.
Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#155904 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, if you keep lying about God like Skeptic does.
He hates God and is reduced to 4 lettered one liners about the faithful....(he thinks his fellow 'atheists' appreciate it and him....yeah go figure....)
He says he has proof that God doesnt exist but wont show anyone because he believes he is too 'elite' for us.....
And because he 'said so!'

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155905 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess none.
Ok, then why did you say I was wrong?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's just as irrational as saying it DOESN'T exist with no evidence.
You keep missing that.
That's not true. It's not a 50/50 likelihood of these extraordinary claims being true or false.

If I tell you there's a dragon in my garage, it's not equally irrational for you to doubt me as it is for you to believe me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because I know all about car engines, fairies aren't in them.
You don't know that. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, right? It could be that there are fairy colonies at every car factory and when each car comes off the line, a fairy goes with it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because I know that wood, stucco, concrete, drywall, paint and glass are inanimate objects and cannot get angry.
You don't know that. Housey the House God gives each house a soul when it's built.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There's a difference between extraordinary claims and ridiculous extraordinary claims....
Not much. It's just a matter of degree. If I told you my uncle was dead for 3 days and then popped out of the ground, you'd consider that to be a ridiculous extraordinary claim, yet that's something you believe about Jesus.

Location hidden

#155906 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's doubtful that they could even comprehend it...
Huh? I just explained how they could comprehend it by showing it as an expansion of existing technology they had at the time.

Location hidden

#155907 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is also no evidence that it doesn't occur!
There literally CAN'T be evidence that it doesn't occur. The claim is unfalsifiable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155909 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Why is it Topix atheists have no real intellectual curiosity? It seems all they can do is blurt.
Is it really necessary for the body human to have so many zits? Is this part of a growing and maturing process? Or has mankind ate too much junk food?
The words of a defeated creationist with no proof of god, who can't stop immorally lying about his beliefs.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#155910 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it huh? You just turn off like a broken TV and get discarded? That is your assumption.
I view it more like a candle flame that is blown out. And it is *your* assumption that there is more than this even though there is no evidence of such. What we do know is that after we die we decompose (assuming we aren't preserved in formaldehyde or something similar). If you have any evidence of anything more, please present it.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#155911 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't you understand a soul, brain, or what have you can be translocated or transmuted to a different realm or medium?
There is nothing difficult about the *concept*. Now, is there any evidence that it happens in reality? Any evidence at all that this program can run on different hardware? Any evidence that it does, in fact, run on different hardware (or even without hardware)?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#155912 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
None that that specific phenomenon regarding human souls does, but only because science hasn't figured how to measure it yet.
And this is in spite of many, many attempts to find a way to measure it. At what point do we simply admit it doesn't exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 751,112
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 548,864
GloBULL warming 5 min andet1987 3
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 3,698
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min andet1987 5,508
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seraphima 602,234
Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 24 min The Ghost Rider 794
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 261,707

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE