Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,481)

Showing posts 149,601 - 149,620 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Nice description of the mechanics. Is a little weak on the actual effects from a really good zap. Things like pole shifts, axial tilt, a major league rearrangement of the way things were.
It's 'weak' on those because those are not effects of CMEs. CMEs, even the big ones, are way too small to cause a pole shift.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Kurd = bend over
Racist = stupid

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah while mounting and spooning Mikko
no that is you projecting your gay dreams on me

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When your brain is suffocating, which is very common when one is dying or unconscious, it hallucinates. Hallucinations are filling in gaps in the memory with the same random neural triggers that cause dreams. This doesn't actually happen in real time, it gets filled in when the brain is no longer hallucinating, when the oxygen supply is restored to a proper balance. These random neural triggers will result in imagery of a person's common notions, fanciful things they spend the majority of their time thinking about. A rational mind will then organize the imagery, often resulting in nothing being perceived. An irrational mind will fill in other sensations, like touch, taste, even emotional responses.
Look Dave, this is a very well understood phenomenon, it's not a mystery. Near death experiences are the same things junkies go through, only without the addiction.
Sorry, love. There was a very real time aspect to it. Plus you should note I analyze things in much greater detail than you. Trust me, I have analyzed the hell out it. You have just read books on it.

You would like to think you are rational and all together, but others can peer into your skull like you claim science is capable of and find physical reasons for your issues. Those issues also affect your other logic processes.

Do you really think "science", the perceptions of other beings, can tell you what is really going on in your head?

You really do have an incomplete picture of "existence", and one painted mostly from what you have read in books. You could use an experience to rattle your cage, throw all of that collection up in the air, and then be forced to put the pictures back in order. Such will reveal to you just how artificial this physical consciousness is, in particular about its belief it is in control of your existence. That control comes from a much deeper and unseeable depth in you, or something you are connected to.

My physical consciousness was turned into a fog for a long time, one filled with treachery, misunderstanding, and a lot of impersonality from the "outside" world that I had to pick through. Things occurred that never should have that revealed how and why that happened. There were physical damages that affected my normal brain processes, which were on a very high level, that I had to learn to work around. They were on such a high level that those that didn't know me thought I was above average. Those that did know me from before were aware something drastic happened to me. Be advised that I took psychiatric and mental performance tests a year later, long before I got out of the fog, that would still put me at the top for perception, mental maturity, putting things in proper order, and basic adjustment to "reality". Visual memory was the only thing that took a tremendous hit, and it was tremendous. Don't sell me short, or discount what I have to say because of what you think you understand from reading books.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Are you hitting on Mikko or Kitten?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah while mounting and spooning Mikko

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, love. There was a very real time aspect to it. Plus you should note I analyze things in much greater detail than you. Trust me, I have analyzed the hell out it. You have just read books on it.
You would like to think you are rational and all together, but others can peer into your skull like you claim science is capable of and find physical reasons for your issues. Those issues also affect your other logic processes.
Do you really think "science", the perceptions of other beings, can tell you what is really going on in your head?
You really do have an incomplete picture of "existence", and one painted mostly from what you have read in books. You could use an experience to rattle your cage, throw all of that collection up in the air, and then be forced to put the pictures back in order. Such will reveal to you just how artificial this physical consciousness is, in particular about its belief it is in control of your existence. That control comes from a much deeper and unseeable depth in you, or something you are connected to.
My physical consciousness was turned into a fog for a long time, one filled with treachery, misunderstanding, and a lot of impersonality from the "outside" world that I had to pick through. Things occurred that never should have that revealed how and why that happened. There were physical damages that affected my normal brain processes, which were on a very high level, that I had to learn to work around. They were on such a high level that those that didn't know me thought I was above average. Those that did know me from before were aware something drastic happened to me. Be advised that I took psychiatric and mental performance tests a year later, long before I got out of the fog, that would still put me at the top for perception, mental maturity, putting things in proper order, and basic adjustment to "reality". Visual memory was the only thing that took a tremendous hit, and it was tremendous. Don't sell me short, or discount what I have to say because of what you think you understand from reading books.
Wow, you really want your experience to be real so much that you are ignoring the actual science behind it. Sad.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
He's cheating on me with Mikko, that's why I'm not talking to him on this thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 'weak' on those because those are not effects of CMEs. CMEs, even the big ones, are way too small to cause a pole shift.
Playing with magnets and string will give you a better understanding of how they attract than numbers will.

That constant stream from the sun is part of the EM mechanism and relationship between here and there. A relative equilibrium with disturbances on occasion. It is a charged field subject to spurious disruptions.

The axial tilt is at an angle to the orbital path. This is a heavy bias to that EM relationship, which relationship is also influenced by EM currents from without the solar system. It all forms a relative equilibrium. Because of that tilt and bias, you don't need to reach out and grab with a magnet to affect the earth's magnetic field. Just disrupting a portion can cause it to wobble seeking a new equilibrium. Reduce the force interacting with the south pole, and the north pole will react to the force acting on it. The whole magnetic signature of the galaxy at least affects our orbit. The sun is the major local anchor on that score.

Disrupt the flux lines and the magnetic objects shift position.

The orbital momentum of this planet and gravity keeps it going, but the only thing really governing that tilt is that magnetic lock from all directions. A shift in that lock and you only have inertia keeping it from going to a rolling ball from a spinning ball.

A large enough CME at the right time can change that flux field enough to initiate the roll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really want your experience to be real so much that you are ignoring the actual science behind it. Sad.
Get back to me when you have some experience.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you pretending to be a woman.

Whos projecting now?
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt mind hitting you

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you have some experience.
I was dying on the operating table.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist = stupid
Go and cheer on a gang rape in Malmo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/p...

Hmmmm...makes you wonder.

Was it the Church, or certain elements hiding in it that caused the transgressions against humanity over the centuries Topic atheists love to rail about?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you pretending to be a woman.
Whos projecting now?
You are still projecting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In a medical environment, with drugs, and events where you were prepared. I have also had my ass knocked out and didn't remember a damned thing. But I woke up.

There is a huge difference between chemicals, such as drugs, working on the brain and consciousness, interfering with its normal function, and the effects of a shock wave of multi-ton foot pounds passing through it suddenly. Just a whole different chemical environment.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In a medical environment, with drugs, and events where you were prepared. I have also had my ass knocked out and didn't remember a damned thing. But I woke up.
There is a huge difference between chemicals, such as drugs, working on the brain and consciousness, interfering with its normal function, and the effects of a shock wave of multi-ton foot pounds passing through it suddenly. Just a whole different chemical environment.
You are an idiot, I can't say it any nicer, you prove this every day. You read nothing of what anyone posts that's more than two lines.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre dying here too

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot, I can't say it any nicer, you prove this every day. You read nothing of what anyone posts that's more than two lines.
"
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was dying on the operating table."

That was one line. I read it.

Care to fill us in on this event and how it shaped your existential view? I already "informed" you of the effect drugs had on it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave is in word salad mode this morning.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,601 - 149,620 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Joyful8118 720,064
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Godchild 114,964
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 256,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min USA Born 532,385
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 172,243
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 21 min Just Wondering 8,190
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 50 min Mrotk 8
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••