Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255927 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#155435 Feb 21, 2013
If only there was a way to harness the power of Dave's wrong we could be energy independent and put the Saudi's out of business.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
>.< You just provided evidence that you're a moron. You should stop while you have a small amount of dignity left. The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited. This is why you cannot use metal in the microwave, ironically, because electromagnetic waves are attracted to metallic minerals. So all you did was prove that I know what I'm talking about and you're just reading headlines and running with them.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#155436 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
>.< You just provided evidence that you're a moron. You should stop while you have a small amount of dignity left. The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited. This is why you cannot use metal in the microwave, ironically, because electromagnetic waves are attracted to metallic minerals. So all you did was prove that I know what I'm talking about and you're just reading headlines and running with them.
"The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited."

You will probably read that and think you made sense.

Remove the channeling of magnetism provided by those magnets, and what do you get? Cold coffee.

Magnetism and electricity start on the atomic scale. They add up if channeled properly. Biological cells are made of atoms. It's the EM force that gives them the heebie jeebies so they can move and do things. Excess or deficient charge starts an exchange of EM energy. Motion in a magnetic field induces a charge and movement called electricity. Electricity induces a magnetic field.

Take some iron tablets, then use those speaker magnets.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155437 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited."
You will probably read that and think you made sense.
Remove the channeling of magnetism provided by those magnets, and what do you get? Cold coffee.
Magnetism and electricity start on the atomic scale. They add up if channeled properly. Biological cells are made of atoms. It's the EM force that gives them the heebie jeebies so they can move and do things. Excess or deficient charge starts an exchange of EM energy. Motion in a magnetic field induces a charge and movement called electricity. Electricity induces a magnetic field.
Take some iron tablets, then use those speaker magnets.
You microwave coffee? Now I know you're insane.

Lamar, CO

#155438 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to warm it up a tad. I hate really hot coffee.

However, I do take care to hold it a moment, and say a few magic numbers of Polymath's to shoo away his virtual particles. They can upset my tummy.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#155439 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably rub 2 sticks together to cook food

Poof

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155440 Feb 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof
Oh the irony, that is actually a survival skill, meaning someone capable of doing that knows how to live off the land without the use of modern technology and the wonderful things science has brought us, the very science you deny. Yes, I do know how to cook that way, as well as trap my own food with various methods and build a protective structure from wood lying about. I also know how to survive in a hole in the snow, or under a shrub in the desert. I know how to harvest water from a cactus, and how to protect from dangerous animals that like to eat humans. I can also tell you which way north is from inside a cavern system, and be correct within 10 degrees. I can tell the hour of the day from the Sun's position as well, a useful skill even in the modern era actually. I learned all this because I was raised Mormon and my father was a huge fan of survivalism, he even had a $200 fishing pole, and I was the only one of the kids allowed to even touch it without him smacking their hands. I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#155441 Feb 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof

According to Dave you need a rock and a magnet too, or something like that.

Lamar, CO

#155442 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the irony, that is actually a survival skill, meaning someone capable of doing that knows how to live off the land without the use of modern technology and the wonderful things science has brought us, the very science you deny. Yes, I do know how to cook that way, as well as trap my own food with various methods and build a protective structure from wood lying about. I also know how to survive in a hole in the snow, or under a shrub in the desert. I know how to harvest water from a cactus, and how to protect from dangerous animals that like to eat humans. I can also tell you which way north is from inside a cavern system, and be correct within 10 degrees. I can tell the hour of the day from the Sun's position as well, a useful skill even in the modern era actually. I learned all this because I was raised Mormon and my father was a huge fan of survivalism, he even had a $200 fishing pole, and I was the only one of the kids allowed to even touch it without him smacking their hands. I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.
The alkaloids in cactus can give you the shits, dehydrating the hell out of you, and killing you faster than if you had not harvested the water. That's what I was taught by the Army, anyhow. I had no interest in drinking cactus juice after learning that.

Do you sleep on train tracks in the desert to protect against snakes?
Siro

Australia

#155443 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.
But you were never a girl, you fugly tranny
What a bs artist you are

Poof

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155444 Feb 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
He's a sandwich short of a picnic.
<quoted text>
A couple cans short of a six pack.
Siro

Australia

#155445 Feb 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I know I wouldnt starve with Dave while you and Kitten turn anorexic waiting for the next government cheque and KFC to open

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155446 Feb 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tin cans too, you forgot the tin cans.

Lamar, CO

#155447 Feb 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily true, but they may help.

Step out into the sun. Put a finger tip out and feel its heat. Take any old cheap ass little magnifying glass and put it between the sun and your fingertip so you get a focused beam of light. Feel the heat now.

What is light? What does the magnifying glass do?

There are a variety of methodologies to focus energy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155448 Feb 21, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Science never makes the same mistake a second time.
Hence, 1980's - Global Cooling Crisis; 2000 - Global Warming Crisis.
They are geniuses at self-correction!
Bwahahahahahahahahahah...
As we all look forward to the 2020 Global-Staying-the-Same-Temper ature Crisis!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa a...
http://normantranscript.com/sports/x730446727...

For your information, the term is now "global climate change".

Go ahead and keep denying it.

We'd expect nothing less from you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155449 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

You probably won't understand the significance of that.
Probably not.

Because there is none.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#155450 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
What is light?
An electromagnetic wave.
What does the magnifying glass do?

It changes the speed of light inside the glass, making for a longer phase path, which produces refraction. The curve of the glass makes it so the refraction from different light paths is focused.
There are a variety of methodologies to focus energy.
And there are various forms of energy. The glass affects the electric field (NOT the same as electricity) of the light.

Lamar, CO

#155451 Feb 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not.
Because there is none.
That you are capable of understanding.

Lamar, CO

#155452 Feb 21, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
An electromagnetic wave.
<quoted text>
It changes the speed of light inside the glass, making for a longer phase path, which produces refraction. The curve of the glass makes it so the refraction from different light paths is focused.
<quoted text>
And there are various forms of energy. The glass affects the electric field (NOT the same as electricity) of the light.
There are various names given to various methods of energy transfer. Energy is motion, nothing more.

Electric fields add up to electric currents if given a path to follow, meaning low resistance relative to the charge buildup.

People are taught the glass bends light rays by popular depiction so that it gives an idea to the masses. The light wave actually adds energy to the glass structure, the glass structure then discharges that excess to the fingertip according to its structure. The same happens to us.

The Bible also describes things designed for the masses to understand, even though not exact.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155453 Feb 21, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing dishonest about Pulmonary Resuscitation.
"breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.”
You call mouth to nose resuscitation magic?
CPR is a three step process known as the ABC. Airway, Breathing and then Circulation. Always in that order. If Pulmonary Resuscitation is all that is needed then circulation has already been established.
Mouth to nose in a lump of clay is just plain stupid.

And the latest CPR guidelines say Compressions, Airway, Breathing, in that order.

It is no longer ABC. It is now CAB.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155454 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That you are capable of understanding.
And I am ever so thankful for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 56,168
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Vikinglovespenis 972,394
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 58 min DENG 39,054
What's UP?!! Wasn't ya'll @ the club last night??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,296
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 649,837
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,574
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web