Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
149,201 - 149,220 of 225,575 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mouth to nose" would never work for CPR. Also you are making excuses for your abiogenesis myth, it doesn't say CPR and it talks about two unproven things.
Infant CPR involves mouth-to-nose.

Have you informed AHA that it never works?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>

... I've performed open heart massage.
And open hard-on massage.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I am not a literal follower of the Old Testament. It is just another book from long ago, and written from a different perspective. Such things take a bit of understanding to grasp what was written.

The limited abilities of the Topix atheist mind always on display here loves to ascribe "magic" to this "Skydaddy", while their belief in the magical poofiness of the Big Bang resulting in the magical poofiness of abiogenesis, then evolution into the wondrous product of themselves is quite natural. How else can you arrive at such magnificence as themselves?

Six days for creation. Gathered up dust and injection of the breath of life. A Topix atheist can only see making a mud pie and blowing into it from that. One of the displays of their advanced intelligence.

When the book was written everything was dust. Mud if it got wet. The hadn't got into the habit of classifying things into different chemicals like we do today. Carbon, silica, iron ore, chemical compounds, and etc were just dust. Stuff, you know?

Man was formed of this stuff. Then a breath of energy was added. Then came life, then came inquisitiveness and what we like to call higher thought.

The same may have happened with the animals, but without a little something extra in the breath.

Sounds kinda evolutionary. No poofing.

Polymath noted how genetic links can be severed by disuse. Watching too much TV, reading too many books, preoccupying themselves with too much fascination by the bright lights of this existence severed some very useful genes, and their evolutionary value in the brains of Topix atheists. Live, on the hoof modifications to the epigenome. Bad choice for further reproduction if you care about what comes after you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, time to say your prayers and go to sleep.
Hey Cletcher,

How ya' like those California gas prices?

Liberal policies are great, huh?

Bwhahahahahahahaaa..

Hope it goes to $20 a gallon. You guys would still vote for liberal democrats.

And you should,...'cause you deserve them.

Rick Perry(R) and Texas will take your rich refugees for you. You know,...the guys who employ people?

Bwahahahahahahaaaaa....etc.

But there's hope...Detroit (Liberal) will likely default. Their govt.-tit-sucks might move to Cal!

Bwahahaaaa (repeat)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nothing like that, whatever "that" was.
Yeah, you've noticed that as well.

Dave's signature word salad dressing is "or something like that".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The reported instance of Adam's first breath predates the American Heart Association guidlines for CPR.
You go to a lot of trouble to make no point.
Of course it predates it. It's not CPR in any way.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Infant CPR involves mouth-to-nose.
Have you informed AHA that it never works?
Adam was created as an infant?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

Science, by correcting its mistakes, learns about how the universe works and the same mistakes are not made a second time.
Right. Science never makes the same mistake a second time.

Hence, 1980's - Global Cooling Crisis; 2000 - Global Warming Crisis.

They are geniuses at self-correction!

Bwahahahahahahahahahah...

As we all look forward to the 2020 Global-Staying-the-Same-Temper ature Crisis!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa a...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Cletcher,
How ya' like those California gas prices?
Liberal policies are great, huh?
Bwhahahahahahahaaa..
Hope it goes to $20 a gallon. You guys would still vote for liberal democrats.
And you should,...'cause you deserve them.
Rick Perry(R) and Texas will take your rich refugees for you. You know,...the guys who employ people?
Bwahahahahahahaaaaa....etc.
But there's hope...Detroit (Liberal) will likely default. Their govt.-tit-sucks might move to Cal!
Bwahahaaaa (repeat)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/20/us-...

They are headed down the same path. Extinction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you've noticed that as well.
Dave's signature word salad dressing is "or something like that".
If you were capable of understanding what I write, then you would.

Or something like that.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you really didn't understand Matthew 5:17-19 very well....
Did ya catch the "for he wrote of me" part?
Why don't you do some more bible study classes then come back & see me.
Learn to read the Bible in an understandable version, understandable to you.
Also, learn to read the Bible observantly, like you would a detective or crime show...
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain

It is obvious that you continue to make excuses for this putrid book. Have at it Xtian, show us your biblical love!

BIGOTRY and HATRED
Among the people forbidden to be priests include the blind, the lame, anyone with a "flat nose," anyone with broken hands or feet, "crookbacks" and dwarfs.(Leviticus 21:18-23) Among those forbidden to "enter into the congregation of the LORD" are men with injured testicles and men who have had their penises cut off. Also forbidden are bastards and ten generations of their descendants.(Deuteronomy 23:1-2) "…. the Jebusites….which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither." (2 Samuel 5:6)

LANGUAGE FOR YOUR CHILDREN?
"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." (Malachi 2:3) "Hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (Isaiah 36:12) "….he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall….according to the word of the LORD." (I King 16:11-12) It's sometimes hard to categorize these things: foul language or barbarity? The Bible is filled with both. "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." (Proverbs 26:11) "Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith." (Ezekiel 4:15)

The sheer number of approving, boastful references to massacres on an enormous scale is appalling. The manner in which the atrocities are carried out is described in morbid, bloodthirsty detail. The murdering of babies is horrifying to contemplate.

Biblical apologists claim that the Hebrew word for "murder" is different from "kill" so that all those scores of thousands of babies were not "murdered."

This is pure biblical BS. Dead babies are dead babies and I don't care which Hebrew verb describes how they got that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I love reading this forum and seeing those wonderful displays of Topix atheist intellect and reason come poring forth.

To reach the same level of thought would require me to chase down cats and step on their tails, or to develop boils or painful zits I really wouldn't want to have.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
I am not a literal follower of the Old Testament. It is just another book from long ago, and written from a different perspective. Such things take a bit of understanding to grasp what was written.
The limited abilities of the Topix atheist mind always on display here loves to ascribe "magic" to this "Skydaddy", while their belief in the magical poofiness of the Big Bang resulting in the magical poofiness of abiogenesis, then evolution into the wondrous product of themselves is quite natural. How else can you arrive at such magnificence as themselves?
Six days for creation. Gathered up dust and injection of the breath of life. A Topix atheist can only see making a mud pie and blowing into it from that. One of the displays of their advanced intelligence.
When the book was written everything was dust. Mud if it got wet. The hadn't got into the habit of classifying things into different chemicals like we do today. Carbon, silica, iron ore, chemical compounds, and etc were just dust. Stuff, you know?
Man was formed of this stuff. Then a breath of energy was added. Then came life, then came inquisitiveness and what we like to call higher thought.
The same may have happened with the animals, but without a little something extra in the breath.
Sounds kinda evolutionary. No poofing.
Polymath noted how genetic links can be severed by disuse. Watching too much TV, reading too many books, preoccupying themselves with too much fascination by the bright lights of this existence severed some very useful genes, and their evolutionary value in the brains of Topix atheists. Live, on the hoof modifications to the epigenome. Bad choice for further reproduction if you care about what comes after you.
David,
Have you ever wondered what life would have been like had you enjoyed sufficient oxygen at birth?

You should explain to Topix atheists why:

(1:11-13)
If... God lets the earth bring forth the plants.
Is this proof that Evolution existed prior to God?
I find it odd she doesn't bother to create any vegetation but allows the 'earth' to do this! Is God lazy or inept at creation?

GODDIDIT? Not exactly - Evolution first!

Cue the Gods now: to claim all the credit albeit waiting on evolution to provide a habitat for the new life? And all those insects that feed off plants and each other.

There is the problem with those magic 6 days.
Please clear this up.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/1.html

(1:1-2:3) The Genesis 1 account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is in each case just the opposite.

“No theologian could ever be a historian. History is essentially disinterested. The historian has only one concern: art and truth,...whereas the theologian has something else at stake- his dogma.”~Joseph Ernest Renan

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
We know more about your fairy tale collection known as the bible than you do. By far.
You like to think that, I know.

That's the atheist ego hard at work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Why should anyone take the bible seriously?
Because its a serious, historical book.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

The_Box wrote:
None of the Gospels have known authors; they're anonymous. Assigning them to Matt, Mark, Luke, and John is simply church tradition. Jude is likely pseudepigraphical.
Moses didn't write squat.
The Book of Daniel wasn't even written by Daniel.
Because The_Box says so?

LMAO

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were capable of understanding what I write, then you would.
Or something like that.
I understand that what you write is much of the time done on some general knowledge, a bit of vague guessing, and a whole lot of missing the mark.

"Or something like that", offers you an out when you get called on it.

I mean exactly that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain
It is obvious that you continue to make excuses for this putrid book. Have at it Xtian, show us your biblical love!
BIGOTRY and HATRED
Among the people forbidden to be priests include the blind, the lame, anyone with a "flat nose," anyone with broken hands or feet, "crookbacks" and dwarfs.(Leviticus 21:18-23) Among those forbidden to "enter into the congregation of the LORD" are men with injured testicles and men who have had their penises cut off. Also forbidden are bastards and ten generations of their descendants.(Deuteronomy 23:1-2) "…. the Jebusites….which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither." (2 Samuel 5:6)
LANGUAGE FOR YOUR CHILDREN?
"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." (Malachi 2:3) "Hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (Isaiah 36:12) "….he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall….according to the word of the LORD." (I King 16:11-12) It's sometimes hard to categorize these things: foul language or barbarity? The Bible is filled with both. "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." (Proverbs 26:11) "Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith." (Ezekiel 4:15)
The sheer number of approving, boastful references to massacres on an enormous scale is appalling. The manner in which the atrocities are carried out is described in morbid, bloodthirsty detail. The murdering of babies is horrifying to contemplate.
Biblical apologists claim that the Hebrew word for "murder" is different from "kill" so that all those scores of thousands of babies were not "murdered."
This is pure biblical BS. Dead babies are dead babies and I don't care which Hebrew verb describes how they got that way.
Oh!! Da poor puddy tat!!. Some body stepped on his tail!!

Seeds. Growth. Evolution.

That book is the basis for your life and thought today. In toto.

The rutabaga blossom or rose will look down at its roots and wonder how in the hell such an ugly thing could have created such a magnificence as itself.

Evolution includes changes of perception and perspective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that what you write is much of the time done on some general knowledge, a bit of vague guessing, and a whole lot of missing the mark.
"Or something like that", offers you an out when you get called on it.
I mean exactly that.
Scar, when you look at a tree, you see a tree. I see a tree in a forest. And more.

You probably won't understand the significance of that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars
And of course your indoctrinated atheist mind tells you that the only source of light is the sun & stars.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

537 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Joyful8118 729,565
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Insults Are Easier 259,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Liam R 441,059
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min seriously the ori... 536,863
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 36 min samy 658
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Ratloder 117,732
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 38 min Helmut Prince von... 32,983
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Helmut Prince von... 599,513
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••