Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#155197 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Two thumbs up]
Does Dave still have two thumbs? If not, that could be rude.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#155198 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.
We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.
Genesis 2:7
King James Version (KJV)
7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
I think a spiritual breath and cpr are two different things. That's that whole twisting and turning of interpretation I was talking about.

I have actually intubated 1 baby and 1 neonate. But open heart massage was probably the coolest thing I have ever gotten to do in the hospital.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155199 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Well my fan club is asking me to say goodnight.
I think that's not a bad idea. See you guys.
Returning to base.
Hahaha.

You've been base all along.

Hahaha.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155200 Feb 19, 2013
God gave mouth to mouth to Adam? You are getting desperate Daffy. Even for you that is dumb.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I was referring to when God breathed the breath of life into Adam. That was long before CPR was recognized as a life saving method.
I do realize it has a low success rate, however it has saved some lives. Myself, I was a emergency responder for 32 years. Fire Fighting, Haz Mat, and Incident Commander and a short stint as a Police dispatcher.
Your profession is the most noble. I admire medics and always have with the deepest respect.[Tipping Hat]

Lexington, KY

#155201 Feb 19, 2013
CPR is mouth to nose Daffy?

Wow you are terrible at this.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I wasnít even considering the 2 Kings passage but the one in Genesis.
King James Version (KJV)
7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Lexington, KY

#155202 Feb 19, 2013
Dave confessed he uses his hot tub as a toilet. Go ahead and sit by the George Burns look alike but remember those are not cigars floating by you.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!!"
Now you know why he never has asked you to join him.

Lexington, KY

#155203 Feb 19, 2013
Daffy here you clearly stated mouth to mouth yet your scripture was breath to nostril. Do you know the difference between a mouth and nose?

Wow just wow.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than Myths. Do you think CPR is a myth?
Have you ever been trained or given CPR?
Did you know the first example of mouth to mouth resuscitation occurred in the bible?
You probably donít know much about fire science. But the first recorded backdraft also is recorded in the bible that resulted in fatalities.
Genealogy, songs, poems, history, military tactics that are still taught in West Point are in the bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155204 Feb 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is the result of random transfers of incoherent energy. Your chemical actions and such?
Why should your thinking be taken seriously?
I don't believe in the absolute infallibility of numbers. I don't run out of gas. Not after a couple of times a very long time ago.
Actually, all thinking, even yours, started off as a bunch of random chemicals and electrical impulses. Our brains even have to learn how to move all of our muscles, that's why infants often appear to move about randomly, it's the brain learning what impulses accomplish which movements. Even the regulation of the heart and lungs has to be learned, but due to the simplicity of those communications it is learned very quickly. The brain is a learning engine, not a predefined set of instructions, there is no JMP FFFF op code.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155205 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.
We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.
King James Version (KJV)
7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
"Mouth to nose" would never work for CPR. Also you are making excuses for your abiogenesis myth, it doesn't say CPR and it talks about two unproven things.

Location hidden

#155206 Feb 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all thinking, even yours, started off as a bunch of random chemicals and electrical impulses. Our brains even have to learn how to move all of our muscles, that's why infants often appear to move about randomly, it's the brain learning what impulses accomplish which movements. Even the regulation of the heart and lungs has to be learned, but due to the simplicity of those communications it is learned very quickly. The brain is a learning engine, not a predefined set of instructions, there is no JMP FFFF op code.
Huntington's puts that all in reverse.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155207 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Huntington's puts that all in reverse.
Ah yes, sad illness, one of many genetic diseases. It's rather ironic about how much we know about the brain, the brain is almost fully understood, and way simpler than we had originally thought. The problem is getting inorganic processors to behave like organic processes, if we could accomplish that then we could make true artificial intelligence.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#155208 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be a predefined code before it even starts to learn. That external stimulus has to be routed the right ways.

Location hidden

#155209 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be a predefined code before it even starts to learn. That external stimulus has to be routed the right ways.
So Huntington's is like the anti creator?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#155210 Feb 20, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to believe in abiogenesis, theres no evidence, only lies massive extrapolations.
Something happened, we are here! Since there is zero evidence for a god, we look were there is at least some evidence.

How many times has some kid died because parent refused medical help, instead they tried to pray the sickness away?

I'll stick with science, it has gotten us to the edge of our solar system. Religion has taken us to believers flying planes into building, blowing each other up and murdering doctors they don't like.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155211 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I touched a piece of the moon. I tried to get some of that moon rock under my fingernail but NASA was ahead of the curve. That rock was as hard as diamond, lol.
Do the WAG Dance!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155212 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Well my fan club is asking me to say goodnight.
I think that's not a bad idea. See you guys.
Returning to base.
We have a young man in the neighborhood, who works for a different law enforcement group every month or so. His parents bought him an old scanner/radio, a nice looking badge, a toy night stick, an officer's hat, and a bright orange vest.

Often he would direct traffic in the neighborhood, threaten to write you up for some violation, but always let you off with a bit of a warning. Yeah, he heads back to the HQ every night, too.

Lexington, KY

#155213 Feb 20, 2013
Dave gives it two stumps up!
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Dave still have two thumbs? If not, that could be rude.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155214 Feb 20, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion will never be able to correct itself because it's so wrong.
Part of the evolutionary process.

Religion must adapt or die.

And the baby steps some sects are taking will not be sufficient.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155215 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
You've been base all along.
Hahaha.
All your base are belong to us.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155216 Feb 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Gross Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!! Can't you just picture Dave a George Burbs look alike in a hot tub with turds floating in it and him saying... Come on in ladies the water is great! Come on in and let's talk magnets!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!
Pffffffttttttttthahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!
He was playing with his fart bubbles when "a little something extra" came out.

If they float, he needs to up his iron intake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 573,670
lesbian friendship & more for Gujarat... 4 min het4u 2
Rudy Giuliani is right about Obama 9 min monkey pres 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Joe fortuna 808,917
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Seentheotherside 608,116
horny girls want to text???? (Mar '14) 24 min drake 28
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min Seentheotherside 939
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min WasteWater 268,797
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 22 hr Coco 202
More from around the web