Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155188 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I was referring to when God breathed the breath of life into Adam. That was long before CPR was recognized as a life saving method.
I do realize it has a low success rate, however it has saved some lives. Myself, I was a emergency responder for 32 years. Fire Fighting, Haz Mat, and Incident Commander and a short stint as a Police dispatcher.
Your profession is the most noble. I admire medics and always have with the deepest respect.[Tipping Hat]
Eagle, time to say your prayers and go to sleep.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155189 Feb 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you humiliating yourself on the passage in 2 kings where your prophet molests a child? That is not how CPR is done, not even close.
The bible is a collection of myths.
<quoted text>
Actually I wasnít even considering the 2 Kings passage but the one in Genesis.

Genesis 2:7
King James Version (KJV)

7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Southern Illinois

#155190 Feb 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostedne ws/ap/article/ALeqM5iVzGmNIR-E bMmCA-eh8HohxOvmPw?docId=9402d 6ea61024a958115b48c4d03b1fe
Colorado pot.
My hot tub room is like a greenhouse. In a backyard with a privacy fence all around. Toilet, shower, sink, microwave. Heated. Nice big deck 2 or 3 could sleep on. Could even put a swing up in there. Room for a few plants. Could be a little marijuana jungle with pool and playground.
Gee, if I was only younger.
Sigh....
[Two thumbs up]

Southern Illinois

#155191 Feb 19, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you even think this makes sense?
<quoted text>
ACLS certified for twenty three years. I've performed open heart massage. Is there something I can help you with?
<quoted text>
How many twists and turns of interpretation does one have to make to get that passage to fit into what you want it to? Perhaps you could post it so we could see what it actually says?
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.

We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.

King James Version (KJV)

7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
bohart

Newport, TN

#155192 Feb 19, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. Do you want to learn and get less confused or do you want to wallow in, "goddidit, so there is no reason to look further."?
No one is saying that you have to believe in it; that would be the religious way. You should study the idea. Do a little digging on your own.
Word of caution: Stay way from religious sites made by people who have doctorates in divinity or philosophy, or slightly better, only a high school education!
You would have to believe in abiogenesis, theres no evidence, only lies massive extrapolations.

Southern Illinois

#155193 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that theist motto?
"Be a Theist! You can worship anything you want, dragons, lizard mosquitoes on snow fire, it can be anything you imagine, after all, it's not like anyone can prove it doesn't exist.."
Well, hell that list could even include nice jet boats, and expensive cars, yachts, antiques, money, gold, silver, diamonds or even oneís self.

Thank you for bringing that up.:)

Southern Illinois

#155194 Feb 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Gross Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!! Can't you just picture Dave a George Burbs look alike in a hot tub with turds floating in it and him saying... Come on in ladies the water is great! Come on in and let's talk magnets!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!
Pffffffttttttttthahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!
"Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!!"

Now you know why he never has asked you to join him.

Long Beach, CA

#155195 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.
We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.
King James Version (KJV)
7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
Hahaha.

Good one.

The surprise ending was great.

Southern Illinois

#155196 Feb 19, 2013
Well my fan club is asking me to say goodnight.

I think that's not a bad idea. See you guys.

Returning to base.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#155197 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Two thumbs up]
Does Dave still have two thumbs? If not, that could be rude.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#155198 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
I think a spiritual breath and cpr are two different things. That's that whole twisting and turning of interpretation I was talking about.

I have actually intubated 1 baby and 1 neonate. But open heart massage was probably the coolest thing I have ever gotten to do in the hospital.

Long Beach, CA

#155199 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Well my fan club is asking me to say goodnight.
I think that's not a bad idea. See you guys.
Returning to base.
Hahaha.

You've been base all along.

Hahaha.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155200 Feb 19, 2013
God gave mouth to mouth to Adam? You are getting desperate Daffy. Even for you that is dumb.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I was referring to when God breathed the breath of life into Adam. That was long before CPR was recognized as a life saving method.
I do realize it has a low success rate, however it has saved some lives. Myself, I was a emergency responder for 32 years. Fire Fighting, Haz Mat, and Incident Commander and a short stint as a Police dispatcher.
Your profession is the most noble. I admire medics and always have with the deepest respect.[Tipping Hat]

Lexington, KY

#155201 Feb 19, 2013
CPR is mouth to nose Daffy?

Wow you are terrible at this.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I wasnít even considering the 2 Kings passage but the one in Genesis.
King James Version (KJV)
7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Lexington, KY

#155202 Feb 19, 2013
Dave confessed he uses his hot tub as a toilet. Go ahead and sit by the George Burns look alike but remember those are not cigars floating by you.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!!"
Now you know why he never has asked you to join him.

Lexington, KY

#155203 Feb 19, 2013
Daffy here you clearly stated mouth to mouth yet your scripture was breath to nostril. Do you know the difference between a mouth and nose?

Wow just wow.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than Myths. Do you think CPR is a myth?
Have you ever been trained or given CPR?
Did you know the first example of mouth to mouth resuscitation occurred in the bible?
You probably donít know much about fire science. But the first recorded backdraft also is recorded in the bible that resulted in fatalities.
Genealogy, songs, poems, history, military tactics that are still taught in West Point are in the bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155204 Feb 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is the result of random transfers of incoherent energy. Your chemical actions and such?
Why should your thinking be taken seriously?
I don't believe in the absolute infallibility of numbers. I don't run out of gas. Not after a couple of times a very long time ago.
Actually, all thinking, even yours, started off as a bunch of random chemicals and electrical impulses. Our brains even have to learn how to move all of our muscles, that's why infants often appear to move about randomly, it's the brain learning what impulses accomplish which movements. Even the regulation of the heart and lungs has to be learned, but due to the simplicity of those communications it is learned very quickly. The brain is a learning engine, not a predefined set of instructions, there is no JMP FFFF op code.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155205 Feb 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
"Mouth to nose" would never work for CPR. Also you are making excuses for your abiogenesis myth, it doesn't say CPR and it talks about two unproven things.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#155206 Feb 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all thinking, even yours, started off as a bunch of random chemicals and electrical impulses. Our brains even have to learn how to move all of our muscles, that's why infants often appear to move about randomly, it's the brain learning what impulses accomplish which movements. Even the regulation of the heart and lungs has to be learned, but due to the simplicity of those communications it is learned very quickly. The brain is a learning engine, not a predefined set of instructions, there is no JMP FFFF op code.
Huntington's puts that all in reverse.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155207 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Huntington's puts that all in reverse.
Ah yes, sad illness, one of many genetic diseases. It's rather ironic about how much we know about the brain, the brain is almost fully understood, and way simpler than we had originally thought. The problem is getting inorganic processors to behave like organic processes, if we could accomplish that then we could make true artificial intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliott and Associates: Counseling voor alle ge... 3 min jervsc0ut 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Double Fine 828,616
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 13 min Demi lovato 1,916
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 21 min thetruth 9,331
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Liam 584,335
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min AussieBobby 270,672
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr par five 3,540
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ugly Truth from d... 611,869
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr HipGnosis 442,875
More from around the web