Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,455)

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of217,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Greenfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what would you do if Bible God did show up and said, I am here?
You read the book, you heard the stories.
Such would have to have a rather profound effect on your existence. No more mental masturbating about it. The real deal.
What would you do? What would you think then?
Speaking personally -- if I could be reasonably assured I wasn't hallucinating, I'd heartily welcome it.

Of course, there's some parsing to be done here. The "Bible God" has more than one personality. The Yahweh who gleefully orders the slaughtering of Amalekites (among many, many others) seems to be a far different deity than the (generally) nice Jesus.

In either event, I'd certainly respect whatever deity showed up. I'd respect Brahmin, Zeus, Marduk, Ahura Mazda, Mithras, El, Osiris and Thor too if they showed up.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Sure it was reject sure it was. Full house beats your queen and pawns!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!!
<quoted text>
Ever heard a phrase like "Life dealt me a bad deck of cards."?

No?

Not surprised.

'_'

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking personally -- if I could be reasonably assured I wasn't hallucinating, I'd heartily welcome it.
Of course, there's some parsing to be done here. The "Bible God" has more than one personality. The Yahweh who gleefully orders the slaughtering of Amalekites (among many, many others) seems to be a far different deity than the (generally) nice Jesus.
In either event, I'd certainly respect whatever deity showed up. I'd respect Brahmin, Zeus, Marduk, Ahura Mazda, Mithras, El, Osiris and Thor too if they showed up.
It could be argued the appearance of such a deity would actually leave you with no choice but to respect the hell out of it.

Those would outward manifestations. Things you would feel were separate from you. Like a master to a pet.

And thus goes your illusion of free will and choice.

Remember one thing, for every outer, there is an inner.

Interesting thing about deities. In particular a singular one. One could think it would tolerate more bullshit if it was itself arguing with itself than if it was something separate.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Wait a second George Burns look alike. How does he show up and say I am here? A voice from the clouds? An old bearded dude glowing? How does he show he is a god? Perform a miracle? Answer properly previously unanswered questions? How he used magnets and string to create the dinosaurs?
<quoted text>
Eyewitness accounts of human interaction with Him have been recorded and preserved for us in the Bible and are still recorded today.

But does such documented testimony satisfy skeptics? It never has, and it never will.

Even if God Himself appeared & performed miracles, you'd probably say He's an alien or something & make fun of theists for "twisting the truth".

Some of the people who knew of Christ's miracles later shouted for His blood. That would've been you.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be argued the appearance of such a deity would actually leave you with no choice but to respect the hell out of it.
Those would outward manifestations. Things you would feel were separate from you. Like a master to a pet.
And thus goes your illusion of free will and choice.
Remember one thing, for every outer, there is an inner.
Interesting thing about deities. In particular a singular one. One could think it would tolerate more bullshit if it was itself arguing with itself than if it was something separate.

You forgot the zombie max ammo we got waiting for it.
Now that's actually scary.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eyewitness accounts of human interaction with Him have been recorded and preserved for us in the Bible and are still recorded today.
But does such documented testimony satisfy skeptics? It never has, and it never will.
It wouldn't satisfy you, if you weren't already a believer.

It's pathetically weak evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the zombie max ammo we got waiting for it.
Now that's actually scary.
Where is the best place to shoot a zombie?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Correct. But there is a "u" in the word "flsvour".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "u" in the word "flavor"......
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

into a church.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

"flavour", even.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Correct. But there is a "u" in the word "flsvour".
<quoted text>
"How do you like that ice cream?"

"mmm, it's flsvourful!"

Lol

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Thinking wrote:
"flavour", even.
No, no, no...

It's written "flavor".

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Atheist put all hope in Science.

Christians put hope in God and Science.

When Atheist die all their hope in science dies.

When Christians die their hope in science dies but hope in God turns to great joy.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Thinking creates a virtual reality of its own. The very act requires a projection of thought patterns and the logic within them. Our thinking is influenced and modified by reactions to those projections, an effect of a larger intertwined network.
We are born with a base pattern that gets modified. The base patterns are different, even before the process starts. This could be stored in the EM of genes, or it might not. It could be the projections of some minds created those genes.
There is an awful lot of relativity and quantum aspects of life, but relativity is the key. This is our base from which we explore. There is no way we can see the total from here, even as a collective of individual facets looking out and trying to discern what it all is. As Topix illustrates, there is too much noise to see through.
Or something like that.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/2...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
And the idiot hits keep on rolling! The enviroment would have to had been able to support life, wylie coyote, like today. And it is you SUPER GENIUSES who are stuck in the 1700's thinking spontaneous generation is a plausible idea.
You mean like the life that survives around hydrothermal vents? The life that we did not think could exist until 1977? Is that the life you are talking about? The life that survives in pressures and on chemicals that would kill any other living creature on Earth?

You sound as if you know a lot about such life! Do tell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

scaritual wrote:
I am not surprised at your being confused by words conveying ideas and perceptions instead of grunts.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, those "people" were scientists that "knew" that...
lol
Yep and that is why we say, science is self-correcting.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anywhere but there,(hand pointing).

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the life that survives around hydrothermal vents? The life that we did not think could exist until 1977? Is that the life you are talking about? The life that survives in pressures and on chemicals that would kill any other living creature on Earth?
Have you seen the life around "Old Faithfull."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the life around "Old Faithfull?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of217,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

637 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 512,180
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Dr Shrink 38,019
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 680,244
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min EdmondWA 89,574
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 7 min Some1 Else 24,626
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 12 min -USA-1 37,865
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Dr Shrink 596,562
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min -USA-1 109,600
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr dave 252
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••