Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,454)

Showing posts 149,061 - 149,080 of216,706
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking creates a virtual reality of its own. The very act requires a projection of thought patterns and the logic within them. Our thinking is influenced and modified by reactions to those projections, an effect of a larger intertwined network.

We are born with a base pattern that gets modified. The base patterns are different, even before the process starts. This could be stored in the EM of genes, or it might not. It could be the projections of some minds created those genes.

There is an awful lot of relativity and quantum aspects of life, but relativity is the key. This is our base from which we explore. There is no way we can see the total from here, even as a collective of individual facets looking out and trying to discern what it all is. As Topix illustrates, there is too much noise to see through.

Or something like that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes! the real theory of abiogenesis, why does it not work? and as usual theres no evidence that it ever did! faith is its engine.
Bring your creator god over and into the light where we can see it,
and I will concede. Until then all bets are off on exactly who will prove which theory is correct first.
BTW you had 3500 years and can't prove yours. Like poly said we been working on the real theory the last 50.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring your creator god over and into the light where we can see it,
and I will concede. Until then all bets are off on exactly who will prove which theory is correct first.
BTW you had 3500 years and can't prove yours. Like poly said we been working on the real theory the last 50.
Just what would you do if Bible God did show up and said, I am here?

You read the book, you heard the stories.

Such would have to have a rather profound effect on your existence. No more mental masturbating about it. The real deal.

What would you do? What would you think then?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Good work!

I've always wanted to taste the rainbow of fruit flavours.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the rainbow, dude.
We're a shoe in to win that pot.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if she doesn't have a good hand.
Oh yeah, I cheat.
Does your girlfriend know that?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Good work!
I've always wanted to taste the rainbow of fruit flavours.
<quoted text>
There is no "u" in the word "flavor"......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Such would have to have a rather profound effect on your existence. No more mental masturbating about it. The real deal.
Of course I would see it and believe it, but careful how your prophesy says one will come and fool you.

I tend to think that is more likely than the real thing.
At any rate we haven't seen the prediction of either met yet now have we? The description is a bit unnerving though Dave.
If God comes back and as he passes all the dead rise up to follow him, will it be the Witch King Angmar or Sauron himself?

If the dead dig up and follow anyone, I'm loading my clips with zombie max ammo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I would see it and believe it, but careful how your prophesy says one will come and fool you.
I tend to think that is more likely than the real thing.
At any rate we haven't seen the prediction of either met yet now have we? The description is a bit unnerving though Dave.
If God comes back and as he passes all the dead rise up to follow him, will it be the Witch King Angmar or Sauron himself?
If the dead dig up and follow anyone, I'm loading my clips with zombie max ammo.
:-)

Tough talk.

Topix atheists all have the same weakness. They don't understand how this deity would work. They aren't "scientific" enough to read the book and see how it operates. They envision this huge figure in the sky, some sort of separate entity. Like Daddy was. Think more on the line of when part of Daddy met Mommy that resulted in you. A very subtle influence imparted through genes, perhaps.

You have portions of the Bible portraying this huge figure in the sky, which is rejected even by some theists, but for the most part you see things are done through men.

God doesn't move the mountain. He gets men and ants to do that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough talk.
Topix atheists all have the same weakness. They don't understand how this deity would work. They aren't "scientific" enough to read the book and see how it operates. They envision this huge figure in the sky, some sort of separate entity. Like Daddy was. Think more on the line of when part of Daddy met Mommy that resulted in you. A very subtle influence imparted through genes, perhaps.
You have portions of the Bible portraying this huge figure in the sky, which is rejected even by some theists, but for the most part you see things are done through men.
God doesn't move the mountain. He gets men and ants to do that.

Now you express disbelief in your own book of parroted profiteering prophesy nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The quantum effect.

Observation affects outcome. Observation is applied energy. It is a force that works upon the energy of the observed. Even looking at a stream of water will affect the flow, though you won't notice it. Some of that light you receive from it is bounced back to it. If that wasn't true you wouldn't have brown, blue, and green eyed people, and the pupils would be total black.

Because of the polar nature, and which the polar nature is caused by, of this existence, you have a start and a stop. Motion is what happens between. Like switching on a flashlight. This apparent motion causes time. Which causes relationships with other events. It's a simple concept, but very complicated, especially for just a few nodes in the network to keep track of.

But anyhow, all of this starts from a single source. We is just part of it. We can never get the overall picture, and it is unlikely to be able to present us individually with a picture of itself. All we can do is feel it, and do what it tells us within, not necessarily what we "think". That thinking is part of that quantum stuff.

Or something like that.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you express disbelief in your own book of parroted profiteering prophesy nonsense.
Say "parroted profiteering prophesy" three times really fast.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Orally, again you display your kneejerk caught in a bubble of self delusion application of misdirected quantum energy thingie stuff.

Any intelligent and open minded person would know for a fact from the stuff I have posted that I am as far from a fundamentalist of anything, much less a book written by men, as you can get.

I pick pieces out of a huge panorama and try to find patterns that match, and even then still reserve judgment on what it starts to appear to be. I pull them from religious works, science books, and falling in a hole or cutting my fingers.

Booby, you don't become aware until you quit thinking as literal and myopic as you do. Although you do have some promise.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

True.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, you know he plays pigeon chess.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

True that probably doesn't body well for him. Hell I would like to see how he arranges his cards on a chess board! Lol!
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck doesn't like chess because the Queen is the most powerful piece on the board and the King can only move one space at a time unless he's Castled. That can only happen if the Queen moves out and takes her Knights and Bishops with her.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

An ace up your sleeve?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if she doesn't have a good hand.
Oh yeah, I cheat.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Sure you are! You only get a checkmate if you have a good hand remember?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ima chess master.
Besides, the King may be slow, but the Queen can die...
Ah sweet liberty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us.
The meter reader just came by, so I fired up the hot tub. I just have to refrain from looking at the meter flying around for the rest of the day. Ugh, that hurts.

Passing the time through this time and space. All sorts of ways.

You say you are young, and a devout lesbian. Have you thought of expanding your horizons, and thus experiences?

Have you given thought of taking a walk on the wild side? Get involved with men, and maybe add them to your stable?

I just happen to know an older gentlemen who has dedicated his life to making women feel good on a variety of levels. He is gentle, understanding, and definitely not possessive. No desire to "own" you, just a desire for you to experience life to the fullest with the least pain. Ask his kitty. He would be a great starting point to initiate you into that other world. Plus he has a hot tub. Should be warm enough by late this evening.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Wait a second George Burns look alike. How does he show up and say I am here? A voice from the clouds? An old bearded dude glowing? How does he show he is a god? Perform a miracle? Answer properly previously unanswered questions? How he used magnets and string to create the dinosaurs?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Sure you are! You only get a checkmate if you have a good hand remember?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha!
<quoted text>
It was a goofy figure of speech that was obviously too much for your tiny athi-brain.

Apologies.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Sure it was reject sure it was. Full house beats your queen and pawns!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a goofy figure of speech that was obviously too much for your tiny athi-brain.
Apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,061 - 149,080 of216,706
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

509 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Double Fine 679,817
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Michael 511,923
Ray Nunez PMG Studios Designer for Jordin Spark... 55 min Ripped Off Too 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 596,488
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake 109,515
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,079
gay snapchat 1 hr Horny 3
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,507
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr dragonrunner 232
•••
•••
•••