Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155147 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and that is why we say science is STILL correcting itself.

Thank you very much.
And science will go on correcting itself.

Will religion?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#155148 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Or the atheist recruitment motto:

"Be an atheist.
Inflame your ego."
Really?

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155149 Feb 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the knee would be better. Harder for a dead brainless zombie to catch you on one leg than a dead brainless zombie shot between the eyes by a brainless Topix atheist that shot it there. Gee, a zombie might fall in love with a Topix atheist that shot it in the head, and follow it forever. I think that is a gesture of affection for the brainless.
Yeah, shoot a brainless corpse between the eyes to stop it.
You gotta think about things like that, Orrie.

But thinking was never your strong suit.
Admit it Dave, Hollywood figured out zombie death ..long before you ever even thought about it.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#155150 Feb 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And science will go on correcting itself.
Will religion?
Religion will never be able to correct itself because it's so wrong.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#155151 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
How about that theist motto?
"Be a Theist! You can worship anything you want, dragons, lizard mosquitoes on snow fire, it can be anything you imagine, after all, it's not like anyone can prove it doesn't exist.."
You can have whatever you like.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#155152 Feb 19, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I realized my mistake right after I posted it.
She'll never sleep with me now...oh darn :(
I, however, still hold out hope.

Optimism springs eternal, and all that.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155154 Feb 19, 2013
But being a George Burns look alike you have to worry about your Alzheimer's making you think you saw Jesus in your magnets and strings.
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking personally -- if I could be reasonably assured I wasn't hallucinating, I'd heartily welcome it.
Of course, there's some parsing to be done here. The "Bible God" has more than one personality. The Yahweh who gleefully orders the slaughtering of Amalekites (among many, many others) seems to be a far different deity than the (generally) nice Jesus.
In either event, I'd certainly respect whatever deity showed up. I'd respect Brahmin, Zeus, Marduk, Ahura Mazda, Mithras, El, Osiris and Thor too if they showed up.

Lexington, KY

#155155 Feb 19, 2013
Has nothing to do with chess half wit. A good hand doesn't lead to a checkmate as you stated.

Of course you think historians are not scholars.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard a phrase like "Life dealt me a bad deck of cards."?
No?
Not surprised.
'_'

Westcliffe, CO

#155156 Feb 19, 2013
Imhotep

United States

#155157 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How tall are you?
Is it true that leprechauns have the best pot?
No, the Dutch do!

No drooling permitted. ;)

http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html

Lexington, KY

#155158 Feb 19, 2013
Shhhh halfwit you are humiliating yourself again.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eyewitness accounts of human interaction with Him have been recorded and preserved for us in the Bible and are still recorded today.
But does such documented testimony satisfy skeptics? It never has, and it never will.
Even if God Himself appeared & performed miracles, you'd probably say He's an alien or something & make fun of theists for "twisting the truth".
Some of the people who knew of Christ's miracles later shouted for His blood. That would've been you.

Lexington, KY

#155159 Feb 19, 2013
Why should anyone care what the bible says? It's nothing but a collection of myths yes?
Eagle12 wrote:
Atheist put all hope in Science.
Christians put hope in God and Science.
When Atheist die all their hope in science dies.
When Christians die their hope in science dies but hope in God turns to great joy.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155160 Feb 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever seen snotites?
I canít say for sure. I have been in caves with lots of material drooping from the ceiling.

Lexington, KY

#155161 Feb 19, 2013
Oh sure Dave! The church is the scientists best friend and never gets in the way!

You really are senile.
Dave Nelson wrote:
"Lavoisier is listed among eminent Roman Catholic scientists (see List of Roman Catholic cleric-scientists), and as such he defended his faith against those who attempted to use science to attack it. Louis Edouard Grimaux, author of the standard French biography of Lavoisier, and the first biographer to obtain access to Lavoisier's papers, writes the following:
Raised in a pious family which had given many priests to the Church, he had held to his beliefs. To Edward King, an English author who had sent him a controversial work, he wrote, "You have done a noble thing in upholding revelation and the authenticity of the Holy Scripture, and it is remarkable that you are using for the defense precisely the same weapons which were once used for the attack.""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Lavoisie...
The Church didn't kill him.
He is on this list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathers_of_scien...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathers_of_scien...
I guess I could go through and find out what their religious beliefs were. But I won't. Many were prominent while still under Church dominance.
So much for Church anti science.

Westcliffe, CO

#155162 Feb 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
But thinking was never your strong suit.
Admit it Dave, Hollywood figured out zombie death ..long before you ever even thought about it.
Orrie, Orrie, Orrie.

I don't know what to say about you.

You can't kill zombies. They are already dead. That is why they are zombies.

You can only disable or destroy their bodies.

I had a hunch you got your reality from Hollywood and the mass media.

Southern Illinois

#155163 Feb 19, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever touched the moon?
Why do you jump in and ask stupid questions, which have nothing to do with the conversation?
No one looked for life in the hot springs where the temp was thought to be too high for life to survive. Then one day, a scientist decided to look and low and behold, there was life!
Science is asking questions and finding the answers. Science does not care one way or the other about anything supernatural, unless they can found proof of it, then it becomes part of the natural world.
If all you christians could agree on any point, maybe someone would take you seriously, but as it stands, no two christians can agree.
38,000+ sects of christianity and you want me to believe that you have a handle on the right one? You, who tosses the scientific method out the window every chance you get? You who does not act like jesus told you to? You who never read the entire bible?
What are your credentials? I'll tell you. You have none.
As a matter of fact I have touched the moon.

For years NASA at the Johnson Space Center had a moon rock on display. Visitors were allowed to touch it. So to answer your question, I have touched the Moon along with thousands of others.

Since I lived in Houston for many years. We made several trips to NASA. In those early days before Disney came in there. It was free of charge.

Southern Illinois

#155164 Feb 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Actually Iím just picking on some of you Atheist.

Some Atheist are indeed very happy people. But a lot of them are the most miserable souls on the Earth.

Southern Illinois

#155165 Feb 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Shhhh halfwit you are humiliating yourself again.
<quoted text>
More than Myths. Do you think CPR is a myth?

Have you ever been trained or given CPR?

Did you know the first example of mouth to mouth resuscitation occurred in the bible?

You probably donít know much about fire science. But the first recorded backdraft also is recorded in the bible that resulted in fatalities.

Genealogy, songs, poems, history, military tactics that are still taught in West Point are in the bible.

Southern Illinois

#155166 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the atheist recruitment motto:
"Be an atheist.
Inflame your ego."
Lol, Yes indeed and feed your narcissism!

Southern Illinois

#155167 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam:

Men, well theyíre wild animals.

A women, now that is the most beautiful piece of art ever created.

Men are like dogs, good food, good drinks and lots of love making.

But they do know how to fix cars, ride motorcycles, and change flat tires. Like the say, "If you donít find them handsome. You can at least find them handy." That way they werenít born for nothing. You can find some use for them.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Seentheotherside 579,108
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 270,134
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min stemaxgizmo 1,977
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Peace_Warrior 609,855
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min AN NFL FAN 121,451
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 46 min Classic 2,191
Why is Pakistan a world superpower (Dec '08) 53 min Doctor REALITY 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr BenAdam 817,608
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr transdem0n 176,208
More from around the web