Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154504 Feb 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
"I donít know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didnít."
...Jules Renard
"An atheist doesnít have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there canít be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on the werewolf question."
...John McCarthy
"An atheist doesnít have to be someone who thinks"

I can accept that.

Any more truths you have to post?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#154505 Feb 15, 2013
No it's a legit question as not all Christians believe Jesus was god. Many believe he was merely the son of god and completely separate. They passionately believe in Jesus just not that he is god.

You have lived a sheltered Fox News life so you don't know this.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still an ignorant queston. No matter is a Christian believes in Jesus or not, God is still God. And for the Christians that do believe in Jesus, Jesus IS God.
So asking a Christian "Which god" is an ignorant question.

Lexington, KY

#154506 Feb 15, 2013
In the pursuit of a totalitarian state learn the difference. Stalin sunk a fortune into his cherished Russian Orthodox Church as you have been shown and is to this day as back then considered a hero and saint to them. He killed people who his delusions told him was plannin his assassination. Nothing to do with atheism. And you know this. All of your examples are due to totalitarian states nothing to do with atheism. Unlike hitler who said he was going to punish the Christ killer Jews.

The reign of terror in the French Revolution had to do with dethroning a king and killing his cronies. The overwhelming majority of those people were devout Christians. Note there were certain priests marked for death but not all of them. Actually only a small handful.

Again nothing to do with atheism whatsoever.

And you know it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "in the name of" atheism, but in pursuit of an state which was atheist.
Do some reading on the Reign of Terror (1793-4) in France...
The enactment of a law on October 21, 1793 made all suspected priests and all persons who harbored them liable to death on sight.

Lexington, KY

#154507 Feb 15, 2013
They have medicine for hearing voices, you need not suffer.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he "walked" with Adam & "sat with" Abraham, you've concluded that God has a face?
I've felt God's presence & I've heard His voice, but I did not see Him....

Lexington, KY

#154508 Feb 15, 2013
Geriatric Dave and the Alzheimer's of doom strikes again.

Silly old George Burns look alike.
Dave Nelson wrote:
heBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My GOD said 4 + 4 = 8. Your god did not answer. Maybe he is busy somewhere else?
<quoted text>
I could see BS's god having to do that. Probably went to school a long time to learn that neat trick. Ain't education grand?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154509 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you tell your teacher it was 9?
LOL! I did not tell my teacher that it was 9, she told me. Back then, an elementary student did not talk back or contradict the teacher.

She taught us that we should question authority.

The next Sunday, when I was in Sunday school, I started asking all those questions that I had and was afraid to ask.

After a few questions, the teacher got a bit upset and told me not to question god. I was sent to the preacher who very quickly told me the same thing.

Is your god afraid of questions form a fifth grader?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154510 Feb 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are easily confused, talking livestock,
Snakes, witches, devils, and arithmetic???
FAGIDDABOUDIT!
example: 1+1+1=1
Give them a break
Right! And they are not allowed to ask any questions! And if they do, they must accept the answer, no matter how stupid.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154511 Feb 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheer up... Try not to laugh!
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Mike Murdock is one of my all time favorites! Another is Dr. Gene Scott!

Lucky for us, Scott is dead!
Freewheelin Franklin

Denver, CO

#154512 Feb 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you tell your teacher it was 9?
This Langoliers guy is a total scumbag and consistently suggests dangerous cures to sick people on another forum. It is really all about him getting the attention his little underdeveloped mind needs.

On the other forum he is very deceptive and posts under many names, do your best to stay away from this lunatic.

United States

#154513 Feb 16, 2013
If only we could harness the power of Dave's fails and errors, we could put the Saudi's put of business.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Here's his real words;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =f8U_JveHS8EXX

United States

#154514 Feb 16, 2013
That wouldn't surprise me. What was he suggesting they do, stop taking their insulin and pray instead? Post a link if you can.
Freewheelin Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
This Langoliers guy is a total scumbag and consistently suggests dangerous cures to sick people on another forum. It is really all about him getting the attention his little underdeveloped mind needs.
On the other forum he is very deceptive and posts under many names, do your best to stay away from this lunatic.

Location hidden

#154515 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I did not tell my teacher that it was 9, she told me. Back then, an elementary student did not talk back or contradict the teacher.
She taught us that we should question authority.
The next Sunday, when I was in Sunday school, I started asking all those questions that I had and was afraid to ask.
After a few questions, the teacher got a bit upset and told me not to question god. I was sent to the preacher who very quickly told me the same thing.
Is your god afraid of questions form a fifth grader?

Then you grew up?
Imhotep

United States

#154516 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"An atheist doesnít have to be someone who thinks"
I can accept that.
Any more truths you have to post?
'Out of context'! You should know better!

You must be - another Fox News addict!

Try again. ;)
An atheist doesnít have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there canít be a god.
Imhotep

United States

#154517 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! And they are not allowed to ask any questions! And if they do, they must accept the answer, no matter how stupid.
Smirk. ;)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Imhotep

United States

#154518 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Murdock is one of my all time favorites! Another is Dr. Gene Scott!
Lucky for us, Scott is dead!
Excerpt:

Bob Jones: Big-mouthed Bigot from the Boondocks

The son of a Confederate soldier and Alabama sharecropper, the young and poorly educated Bob Jones (1883-1968) discovered a youthful talent for memorizing scripture.

With a natural flair for oratory, the "boy preacher" warmed the hearts and softened the brains of the yokels. At 15 Bob was already an itinerant Methodist and on his way to Jesus loot, an enterprise he continued for half a century, until upstaged by the new boy on the block and dangerous liberal, Billy Graham.

Proudly intolerant, Jones was a racist, anti-Catholic, anti-Darwinian, who supported the Klan. In 1927, with the tide of history moving against religious reactionaries, BJ put money into the Bob Jones College (later University), the purpose of which was to train missionaries and teach the "Christian alternative" to reality.

http://jesusneverexisted.com/sheep.html

Location hidden

#154519 Feb 16, 2013

Lexington, KY

#154520 Feb 16, 2013
Are you for real George Burns look a like? Seriously? The French Revolution??

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha!

Thanks again for confirming you have been a Christian all along. I don't think anyone was buying the former atheist turned deist lie you were telling on here.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W orkweek_and_weekend
Thank God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolutio...
Thank atheists.(one day off out of ten}

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#154522 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My GOD said 4 + 4 = 8. Your god did not answer. Maybe he is busy somewhere else?
I think he doesn't speak sh*thead.

Location hidden

#154526 Feb 16, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/tech/innovation...

Topix atheists will not see the weakness in their methodology. They will immediately fall to the floor and genuflect to these scientists.

Instead of using their brains, they smash things and sift through the pieces looking for clues, when they already have enough.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#154527 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/ tech/innovation/science-explor ation/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Topix atheists will not see the weakness in their methodology. They will immediately fall to the floor and genuflect to these scientists.
Instead of using their brains, they smash things and sift through the pieces looking for clues, when they already have enough.
Sh*t the f*ck up you creationist sh*thead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min River Tam 778,286
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 25 min Protester 16,461
how to lose weight by subway diet 29 min saly ramy 1
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 31 min shem 81
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min Protester 175,778
Are our soldiers traitors? 1 hr Protester 2
Gay snapchat names 1 hr Gay15male 173
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 605,330
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Oxbow 560,442
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rick in Kansas 265,444
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 5 hr Trannyfucker 136
More from around the web