Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,421 - 148,440 of 224,013 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Faceless creator!?!? Are you forgetting that he waked with Adam and sat down with Abraham?
Because he "walked" with Adam & "sat with" Abraham, you've concluded that God has a face?

I've felt God's presence & I've heard His voice, but I did not see Him....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what did he sacrifice?
The pain & agony of what a human torture & death feels like.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what did he sacrifice?
What sacrifice?

The act of offering something to a deity in propitiation or homage, especially the ritual slaughter of an animal or a person.

A victim offered in this way.
Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.
Something so forfeited.
Relinquishment of something at less than its presumed value.
Something so relinquished.
A loss so sustained.
Baseball. A sacrifice bunt or sacrifice fly.

According to popular myth - Jesus, our most famous bastard, died on a cross, refused to have the decency to stay dead, arose to piss off his one single unmarried parent, and came back to life leaving the spook in the dark. Now they are multiple entities but yet one. Dad & Son are the same. I must admit... this is quite a yarn, but a yarn none the less. Disney did a much better job - JRR was superb.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Faceless creator!?!? Are you forgetting that he waked with Adam and sat down with Abraham? Now if jesus had visited every group of people, you may have a leg to stand on, but he didn't and you don't.
I do like how you try to make me out to be the foolish one. LOL! Nice!
The church said that the Earth was the center of the Universe. Science said, "Nope! Nowhere near the center." Yet believers are wiser!
The church said that if a woman could not get pregnant, it was god's will. Science said, "Nope! We have ways around most problems." Yet believers are wiser!
And so on... Yet believers are wiser!
We would still be living in cave and dying of simply cured diseases and conditions.
Your perspectives are too warped to see straight.

You are wrong about science and the center. They have done ALL their measurements and determinations based upon here. Why they have come up with your magical poof Big Bang and expanding universe.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he "walked" with Adam & "sat with" Abraham, you've concluded that God has a face?
I've felt God's presence & I've heard His voice, but I did not see Him....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The pain & agony of what a human torture & death feels like.
Obviously, we are reading from different bibles or more accurately, I am read from the bible and you are not.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What sacrifice?
The act of offering something to a deity in propitiation or homage, especially the ritual slaughter of an animal or a person.
A victim offered in this way.
Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.
Something so forfeited.
Relinquishment of something at less than its presumed value.
Something so relinquished.
A loss so sustained.
Baseball. A sacrifice bunt or sacrifice fly.
According to popular myth - Jesus, our most famous bastard, died on a cross, refused to have the decency to stay dead, arose to piss off his one single unmarried parent, and came back to life leaving the spook in the dark. Now they are multiple entities but yet one. Dad & Son are the same. I must admit... this is quite a yarn, but a yarn none the less. Disney did a much better job - JRR was superb.
I do like the excuse that since we do not have the holy spirit guiding us, we cannot understand the bible; yet there are far too many opposing 'christian' sects for that to be true.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perspectives are too warped to see straight.
You are wrong about science and the center. They have done ALL their measurements and determinations based upon here. Why they have come up with your magical poof Big Bang and expanding universe.
"You are wrong about science and the center." We are the center of the universe? Really?

We are not ready to discuss the BBT or the TOE or Abiogenesis! We have a plethora of proof for many simple science facts that the bible got wrong or ignored.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you always going on about "blind faith"?
Oh ya, because you're clueless.
Ad hominem is a sure sign that you have nothing on content.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are wrong about science and the center." We are the center of the universe? Really?
We are not ready to discuss the BBT or the TOE or Abiogenesis! We have a plethora of proof for many simple science facts that the bible got wrong or ignored.
So your entire focus as an atheist is to just disprove one ancient book, and not seek the real reasons of life?

You have too many personal issues for anyone to take you serious.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I wonder how many people realize that this entire thread was originally only posted in the Topix "Atheism Forum" and only later did Topix add it to the "Top Stories" forum?

Most atheists in this thread are seeing it from the "Atheism Forum" perspective and would naturally see theists as proselytizing where they are not wanted.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So your entire focus as an atheist is to just disprove one ancient book, and not seek the real reasons of life?
You have too many personal issues for anyone to take you serious.
You think that I just want to disprove ONE ancient book? So far, the followers of Apollo haven't tried to force their religion on me, so I do not spend much time on their ancient book.

Just because the followers of your god are blowing up clinics, flying planes into building, forcing their religion into public school's science classes and shit like that, you feel picked on?

The 'real reasons of life'?

There you go! Speaking for 'everybody' again. You judge for your god, speak for everyone on the planet and you tell me that I have personal issues?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
I wonder how many people realize that this entire thread was originally only posted in the Topix "Atheism Forum" and only later did Topix add it to the "Top Stories" forum?
Most atheists in this thread are seeing it from the "Atheism Forum" perspective and would naturally see theists as proselytizing where they are not wanted.
aawwwww........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem is a sure sign that you have nothing on content.
I was attacking you, I was making an observation.

Anyway, you didn't answer the question, so...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that I just want to disprove ONE ancient book? So far, the followers of Apollo haven't tried to force their religion on me, so I do not spend much time on their ancient book.
Just because the followers of your god are blowing up clinics, flying planes into building, forcing their religion into public school's science classes and shit like that, you feel picked on?
There you go! Speaking for 'everybody' again. You judge for your god, speak for everyone on the planet and you tell me that I have personal issues?
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
I don't think Dave's a Muslim. You've got your religions mixed up.

Christians don't blow up buildings or clinics or force religion in public schools...
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I do like the excuse that since we do not have the holy spirit guiding us, we cannot understand the bible; yet there are far too many opposing 'christian' sects for that to be true.
True Believers™ are usually rather incurious.
A serious historical study of ALL religions is very revealing.
What appears on the surface a huge puzzle, is really a very common thread, based on geographic location and societies.

One could say RA was the basis of the desert religions.
Worship? Why?

Religion has inserted itself and its inane beliefs into civil law in many countries, including this one. Zero proof of what they claim. The three desert religions in particular - hate each other and have been waring against one another since their inception

"The arrogance is palpable.
And do you think that unto such as you;
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too."
~Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Dave's a Muslim. You've got your religions mixed up.
Christians don't blow up buildings or clinics or force religion in public schools...
On behalf of dave, thank you for answering for dave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
On behalf of dave, thank you for answering for dave.
And thank you for ignoring my point.

I'll take that as a concession.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troubled idiot.

You have about 24/7 of people trying to force you to think their way and buy their wares. I don't see you ranting against them.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you for ignoring my point.
I'll take that as a concession.
You didn't say anything worth discussing.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troubled idiot.
You have about 24/7 of people trying to force you to think their way and buy their wares. I don't see you ranting against them.
And who is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

421 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 532,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min KENTUCKY 720,156
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 172,254
truth is out 19 min -truthisout- 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Le_le 599,044
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 24 min cretin56 4,093
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 45 min End of Church Ages 32,919
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 4 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••