Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,401)

Showing posts 148,001 - 148,020 of223,895
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154006
Feb 14, 2013
 
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your complete lack of knowledge on the subject is startling. You certainly come off as though you're some kind of intellectual genius, but this just puts you in a category of musical idiocy.
Music is not the limit of Dave's idiocy. His views of physics are also are also startlingly ignorant.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154007
Feb 14, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>And the millions chanted in unison holding up their right fist as high as possible,“Atheist Power, Atheist Power, Atheist Power!”

Followed by chants,“Long live Stalin, Long live Valdimir Lenin! Long live Mao Zedong!”

Finally long repeated chants,“Long live Communism!”

Zeeee Comrade you have joined zee revolution!
Is your real name Joe McCarthy?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154008
Feb 14, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Atheism belief I must bet it all in one life.
“I” represents Atheist.

I must be a raging as*hole.

I must be angry all the time.

I must deny Christians their civil rights.

I must be a member of the communist party.

I must not give to the United Way.

I must not give to charity.

I must not be kind to others.

I must always think about me.

I must be rude and crude.

I must be mean to children.

I must not have any morals.

I must be deviant.

I must twist the truth.

I must destroy the truth.
I must encourage hate.

I must blame everything on Christians.

I must lie.

I must cheat.

I must steal.

I must beat the neighbors dog.

I must be disrespectful.

I must believe religion is the source of all evil.

I must be evil and wretched.

What are the odds? 1 in 80 million Atheist don’t adhere to the above?
I'm doing it wrong.
Imhotep

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154009
Feb 14, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Atheists are fighting against something they don't believe exists. It's like writing blogs against Caspar the Friendly Ghost or Bilbo Baggins. Why would you bother?
2. Atheists spend more time writing on Christian blogs than they do on their own. Just more gas on a nonexistent fire.
3. Atheists love to act intellectual until you catch them doing something illogical and then they scream profanities cause that's really intellectual.
4. Atheists have the word theist in their name. Every time they say who they are they call attention to God.
5. Atheist condemn all that's wrong with Christianity and yet can not produce one work of art, literature or sacrificial deed done in the name of atheism. Even they realize it's not worth dying for.
6. Atheists only believe in what their senses tell them unless its Darwin telling them things that happened billions of years ago, then they have more faith than a Catholic at First Communion.
7. Atheists believe in science unless the scientist believe in God, then they denounce the scientist and call him a moron.
8. Atheists believe in their fellow man, unless their fellow man believes in God then they denounce their fellow man and call him a moron.
9. Atheists believe in the great atheists of the past like Andrew Flew unless they change their mind and become theists then they denounce them and call them morons.
10. Atheists don't believe in morons unless they are atheists and then they embrace them and call them intellectuals.
Smirk...

I agree with Buddha. ;)

"Believe nothing,
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense."
~Buddha

Other Religions Exist - you are not alone!

Most believe that only 'my'religion could be right, and that every other religion is wrong. Some studied apologetics so they could prove this to anyone they met. Anyone else who claimed to know their religion was true deep in their heart was clearly suffering a Satanic delusion.

At the exact same time, you believed a clearly mythological story with blind faith and nothing more to back it up than the fact that You knew deep in your heart that it was true.

You should realize that people fly planes into buildings, run into crowded plazas with bombs strapped to them, and drink poisoned Kool-Aid in the name of their gods. If faith is really the true measure of the veracity of a religion, You are clearly in the wrong church, and should have become a militant Muslim.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154010
Feb 14, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>If anyone has ever hit the nail on the head you certainly have.
He hit the nail WITH his head.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154011
Feb 14, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
This distance between sections of mass creates that center of mass that both bodies spin about.
The word 'creates' is a strange one here, but OK.
This is where the "attractive forces" of each cancel each other out
This is false. For example, the center of mass in the Earth-Moon system is inside the earth. The location where the gravitational forces 'cancel' is fairly close to the moon. the 'wobble' is around the first.
and they become one, so to speak, to other distant bodies,
Wrong. The force produced by two masses on a third does not have to be directed towards the center of mass of the two.
which are all parts of the same original mass.
Huh?
To a third object, you have a gravitational force between it and those two separately, however the orbiting varies it on a periodic basis. But the barycenter is more stable because it is in the middle.
very nicely described by the vector addition of the different forces. But you don't think math applies here.
But as the gravity force pulls everything closer together, these distances close, thus increasing the cumulative force in all relationships.
If the masses are orbiting, the distances won't close: for two masses, the distance will be periodic.
The barycenter moves closer as the periodic variation of the orbiting bodies does too.
Well, the center of mass of two objects is always between the two.
This happens on the atomic scale. This is how gravity becomes additive with mass.
And here you go from simple ignorance to flat-out kook. The rest of your diatribe goes downhill from here.

Seriously, Dave, go get a book about this stuff and read it. The universe doesn't work the way you seem to think. And yes, the ideas in the books have been tested repeatedly over the last few centuries. They actually work in practice.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154012
Feb 14, 2013
 
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your complete lack of knowledge on the subject is startling. You certainly come off as though you're some kind of intellectual genius, but this just puts you in a category of musical idiocy. Trying to illicit an angry response from me is a rather childish tact, and would have thought well beneath you. I don't usually provide free education, but seeing how desperately you need it, I'll suspend my usual fee.
Lets first begin with the fact that you are completely ignorant when it comes to understanding music, on any level. Your stupid comments on the brass family bear that out. Your first assignment is to listen to the opening of Mahler's 8th symphony and relate the importance of the brass family, yes that includes the trumpets. Next the opening of Strauss's (an Atheist composer) Also Sprach Zarathustra. A piece of music so filled with passion it has been used in numerous Movie scores, used in Stanley Kubrick's 2001. Elvis even used it to open his Las Vegas show. Now go back to the ending of Mahler's 8th symphony and tell me what impact the brass have, include the offstage trumpets. The test will NOT be graded on a curve, so pay attention.
What make s me a music critic? I am not only a performer (trumpet player) but a composer/arranger, and a full professor with a doctorate in composition. I do clinics, teach selected students privately, compose commissioned pieces, arrange for an assortment of vocalists and other performers, teach master classes at the college level, and review graduation portfolios for college seniors.
You are limited to a machine like mind, you're way out of your league here. Stick to your magnet and string and leave the emotions and passions of music to the creative mind, and the superior intellect.
As a professor and a player your study of music has been a formula based understanding and application. Very mathematical and rigid. This will of course affect your appreciation of it. Like I said, you appear to be on each standard classical music snob. Orchestral music requires math because of the amount of instruments involved. That type of music is your basis of music belief.

Jazz is supposed to be improv, which is why so much of it sounds like shit, but for some reason you will have people like yourself claim it is beautiful, and assume a position of superior musical tastes because you have made sense out of cacophony in your own allegedly math based brain. You people have issues. Too much ego overriding real sensation.

High school kids rapping out a beat on their books can get a groove going on in their audience. A note bent at particular moments can can change the whole character of a song. This expression from the personal time line and emphasis on notes, which may not be mathematically perfect, from one soul can elicit more emotional response than your marching music.

I will guarantee you that if you and Buckethead were playing out in a field the biggest crowd will gather around the guy wearing the bucket and mask. You would only get a bigger crowd if you had a serious promotional campaign to get out your fellow pretentious music critics. Real people wandering by will be attracted to that which attracts their soul.

This is an opinion from the end process of the music industry. The one that does the buying. The real critics.

:-)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154013
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Music is not the limit of Dave's idiocy. His views of physics are also are also startlingly ignorant.
Poor Poly. You are very dependent upon a rigid structure and logic in what you learn, as this becomes what you learn and how you understand it. You can't understand how your thinking process is completely artificial.

That is why you can't grok the fact that what I post, in my own words and emphasis, is basic physics extended to the universe it is supposed to be a law in. You can't see or think outside your Scripture.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154014
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sentence is malformed. It should read:
They don't believe gods exist.
Either way, it's the athiest belief...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154015
Feb 14, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, it's the athiest belief...
And they will beat you to death if you don't believe it. They have great passion in their non-beliefs.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154016
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
And they will beat you to death if you don't believe it. They have great passion in their non-beliefs.
True. But their non beliefs are only concerning God. I can sit here and write that I believe in leprechauns, I think Casper was really a friendly ghost, he wasn't evil-he was friendly. They wouldn't argue either of those at all.

That's what these atheists here don't realize that the only thing they're "skeptical" on is God.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154017
Feb 14, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2013/02/14/us-usa-california- cop-idUSBRE91A11B20130214

Interesting. Remember when it couldn't possibly have caused the fire that burned up all those men, women, and children at Waco?
Did you hear the recording saying "Burn it down"?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154018
Feb 14, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the recording saying "Burn it down"?
The event was distracting Hilary's health care initiative at the time, and the lady is known to have a temper and not shy about expressing her dissatisfaction with the performance of law enforcement agencies in particular, even on petty matters.
Imhotep

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154019
Feb 14, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But their non beliefs are only concerning God. I can sit here and write that I believe in leprechauns, I think Casper was really a friendly ghost, he wasn't evil-he was friendly. They wouldn't argue either of those at all.
That's what these atheists here don't realize that the only thing they're "skeptical" on is God.
Smirk cont. ;)

I see thou art still stumping and thumping for thy God!

My God Can Beat Up Your God (Richard Bamford)

Do you know his name? Sure you do. He talks to you every day. You could not live a normal life without him. You believe in him, whether you like it or not. Unless you abandon him completely, you cannot deny he exists.

My god is a more personal god than yours can ever be, for if you have enough sense to understand these words, my god lives within you. He lives within us all, to some degree. A heartbreaking few cannot understand him, but this is not their fault. The real tragedy is the multitudes who ignore much of his counsel, particularly when he questions your god too deeply.

My god has been around longer than your god. He was here before the many other gods that preceded your god.

Though you will likely scoff at the notion, my god was the father of your god, as he was to all gods. But that was long ago when he was young and not yet sure of himself.

Though many of your god's followers try to hold him down, my god grows stronger and more independent each day.

When your god expelled us from paradise for eating an apple, my god taught us to grow our own fruit.

When your god forbade knowledge, demanding we live in ignorance, my god created books.

When your god smote cities like a tantrum-prone child, my god helped to rebuild them.

When your god insisted the world was flat, my god showed his followers it was round, to their peril at the hands of your god's followers.

While your god watched in silence as children sickened and died, my god created medicines to make them well.

When your god winked and nodded at slavery, my god argued passionately against it.

While your god represses half the human race, my god considers woman to be the equal of man.

When your god only helps those who help themselves, my god rolls up his sleeves and actually does help until your god decides to join in, and then steals all the credit.

When your god inspired great buildings and great art, my god made them possible.

While your god says we are all born sinners, tainted before we even draw breath, my god says we are all born innocent; a clean slate with limitless potential.

While your god offers dubious allusions of an afterlife, my god provides for us here in this life.

While your god makes amazing promises, but offers not a shred of proof, my god performs amazing deeds, and the proof is there to be seen by all.

While your god demands blind faith and obsequious obedience, my god encourages questions, even about himself.

When your god says "Thou shalt not," my god says "You can do anything."

My god is reason.

He does more in a day than your god will ever do.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154020
Feb 14, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But their non beliefs are only concerning God. I can sit here and write that I believe in leprechauns, I think Casper was really a friendly ghost, he wasn't evil-he was friendly. They wouldn't argue either of those at all.
That's what these atheists here don't realize that the only thing they're "skeptical" on is God.
Ah, "making shit up", the theist's top skill.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154021
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk cont. ;)
I see thou art still stumping and thumping for thy God!
My God Can Beat Up Your God (Richard Bamford)
Do you know his name? Sure you do. He talks to you every day. You could not live a normal life without him. You believe in him, whether you like it or not. Unless you abandon him completely, you cannot deny he exists.
My god is a more personal god than yours can ever be, for if you have enough sense to understand these words, my god lives within you. He lives within us all, to some degree. A heartbreaking few cannot understand him, but this is not their fault. The real tragedy is the multitudes who ignore much of his counsel, particularly when he questions your god too deeply.
My god has been around longer than your god. He was here before the many other gods that preceded your god.
Though you will likely scoff at the notion, my god was the father of your god, as he was to all gods. But that was long ago when he was young and not yet sure of himself.
Though many of your god's followers try to hold him down, my god grows stronger and more independent each day.
When your god expelled us from paradise for eating an apple, my god taught us to grow our own fruit.
When your god forbade knowledge, demanding we live in ignorance, my god created books.
When your god smote cities like a tantrum-prone child, my god helped to rebuild them.
When your god insisted the world was flat, my god showed his followers it was round, to their peril at the hands of your god's followers.
While your god watched in silence as children sickened and died, my god created medicines to make them well.
When your god winked and nodded at slavery, my god argued passionately against it.
While your god represses half the human race, my god considers woman to be the equal of man.
When your god only helps those who help themselves, my god rolls up his sleeves and actually does help until your god decides to join in, and then steals all the credit.
When your god inspired great buildings and great art, my god made them possible.
While your god says we are all born sinners, tainted before we even draw breath, my god says we are all born innocent; a clean slate with limitless potential.
While your god offers dubious allusions of an afterlife, my god provides for us here in this life.
While your god makes amazing promises, but offers not a shred of proof, my god performs amazing deeds, and the proof is there to be seen by all.
While your god demands blind faith and obsequious obedience, my god encourages questions, even about himself.
When your god says "Thou shalt not," my god says "You can do anything."
My god is reason.
He does more in a day than your god will ever do.
Hmmm...

So quoting the words of another quack reveals your intellectual capabilities in presenting your beliefs?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154022
Feb 14, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't write it, but #1 was the best:
1. Atheists are fighting against something they don't believe exists. It's like writing blogs against Caspar the Friendly Ghost or Bilbo Baggins. Why would you bother?
Why DO they spend so much time "battling" something they claim to not believe in?
It's friggin hilarious.
It's friggin hilarious how you continue to pretend that this hasn't been addressed a million times.

I guess that's why they call you the faithful. Nothing breaks your position.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154023
Feb 14, 2013
 
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk cont. ;)
I see thou art still stumping and thumping for thy God!
My God Can Beat Up Your God (Richard Bamford)
Do you know his name? Sure you do. He talks to you every day. You could not live a normal life without him. You believe in him, whether you like it or not. Unless you abandon him completely, you cannot deny he exists.
My god is a more personal god than yours can ever be, for if you have enough sense to understand these words, my god lives within you. He lives within us all, to some degree. A heartbreaking few cannot understand him, but this is not their fault. The real tragedy is the multitudes who ignore much of his counsel, particularly when he questions your god too deeply.
My god has been around longer than your god. He was here before the many other gods that preceded your god.
Though you will likely scoff at the notion, my god was the father of your god, as he was to all gods. But that was long ago when he was young and not yet sure of himself.
Though many of your god's followers try to hold him down, my god grows stronger and more independent each day.
When your god expelled us from paradise for eating an apple, my god taught us to grow our own fruit.
When your god forbade knowledge, demanding we live in ignorance, my god created books.
When your god smote cities like a tantrum-prone child, my god helped to rebuild them.
When your god insisted the world was flat, my god showed his followers it was round, to their peril at the hands of your god's followers.
While your god watched in silence as children sickened and died, my god created medicines to make them well.
When your god winked and nodded at slavery, my god argued passionately against it.
While your god represses half the human race, my god considers woman to be the equal of man.
When your god only helps those who help themselves, my god rolls up his sleeves and actually does help until your god decides to join in, and then steals all the credit.
When your god inspired great buildings and great art, my god made them possible.
While your god says we are all born sinners, tainted before we even draw breath, my god says we are all born innocent; a clean slate with limitless potential.
While your god offers dubious allusions of an afterlife, my god provides for us here in this life.
While your god makes amazing promises, but offers not a shred of proof, my god performs amazing deeds, and the proof is there to be seen by all.
While your god demands blind faith and obsequious obedience, my god encourages questions, even about himself.
When your god says "Thou shalt not," my god says "You can do anything."
My god is reason.
He does more in a day than your god will ever do.
Awesome.

Who is your god?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154024
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome.
Who is your god?
Nice sounding words and vague associations with them they use. Of course they can't tell you how "REASON" came into being. Except by very vague associations. Then claim to be objective and free thinkers.

Why do Topix atheists have such a hazy relationship with reality?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154025
Feb 14, 2013
 
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, "making shit up", the theist's top skill.
Nothing what I said was made up or a lie.

Care to contest that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,001 - 148,020 of223,895
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

348 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min shyam 4,364
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessarily so 719,588
selena coleman (Aug '12) 13 min Thor 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min magi 385
Miracles Jesus Performed 20 min andet1987 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min MUQ1 256,262
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Chess 532,027
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,129
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Docter REALITY 120
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••