Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,398)

Showing posts 147,941 - 147,960 of216,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He's educated enough to understand and enjoy the complexity and passion behind the music, and Oscar's unbelievable technique and improvisational skills. Now here is a REAL guitar player. And look, no bucket on his head!!! LOL
Buckethead can fingertap with his left and flip a numchuk with his right. You have to dig to see just what he can do. Plus he plays multiple instruments. Drums, guitar, banjo, keyboard. He knows music.

That version of Look Up There is not the best. You really need CD and good equipment to capture the full tonality and bass. It is pretty rich.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Perfectly stated. Passion, power, technique off the scale, and creativity without peer. And a wonderful composer, and inspirational teacher.
OP was a treasure... Agree

Few know Aretha's cool material...
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xi2kf7

Or These two superb performers!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Opinion?

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume the tooth fairy isn't real?
Nice. A question "answered" with a question....

You're not very good at this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Buckethead on bass.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N-pShRISHnQ
Old acoustic Delta blues was the bestest.
Can't argue that, but when I'm drunk and depressed, only Chicago blues can take me where I want to go. Stagnant water on dirty streets, dontchaknow...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. A question "answered" with a question....
You're not very good at this.
I'll take stupid theist for 400 Alex and that's the daily double to bring me up to champion for the day.
And thanks for playing, press your luck are are.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you another one if the silly atheists that think war is about religion?
Jesus lost nothing on that day. He gained a few thousand souls to join Him.
Satan won, too. Those terrorists had 72 make virgins waiting for them...
<quoted text>
"Our"? You mean humanity?
<quoted text>
Ya, seeing people's of different races, creeds & religions coming together in unity is terrible, huh?
O_o
<quoted text>
Ah.... Will you now preach your belief of ToE, BBT & abiogenesis?
What makes you think people of faith aren't intellectual?
<quoted text>
Faith & trust is earned, we can't simply hand it to you. Are you afraid of a little extra work & diligence?
According to Islam, you know... the ones with most recent prophet, Mohammad, you have 9/11 bass ackwards!

The martyrs were granted 72 virgins +(milk n honey) and the 'infidels' sent to Hell!

Ask a Muslim.

Respect is earned, faith is for slot machines
Ka-Ching!

Preach is what you do, you are another delusional Jesus Howler Monkey, short on bananas or just plain bananas!

No offense... ;)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take stupid theist for 400 Alex and that's the daily double to bring me up to champion for the day.
And thanks for playing, press your luck are are.
And the answer is:

Jesus saw him first, after the Greeks came to Philip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't argue that, but when I'm drunk and depressed, only Chicago blues can take me where I want to go. Stagnant water on dirty streets, dontchaknow...
Chicago blues are Delta blues. They settled in there from down south.

This guy was great.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And the answer is:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
September 11th - The day Allah 'won' and Jesus 'lost'.
Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of inspiration but the child of human invention.
My 'respect' vanished as I watched the 'Day of Prayer' in Washington Cathedral, where people of mutually incompatible faiths united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place: RELIGION.
It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.
Simple task... Are you up to the challenge Dave?
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
And the millions chanted in unison holding up their right fist as high as possible,“Atheist Power, Atheist Power, Atheist Power!”

Followed by chants,“Long live Stalin, Long live Valdimir Lenin! Long live Mao Zedong!”

Finally long repeated chants,“Long live Communism!”

Zeeee Comrade you have joined zee revolution!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

This guy was a blues great. Quite a life.

New Orleans blues.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> I was gong to join the band, but considered that a wimp thing to do. Yes, I saw some Bush time. Joined the band after my tour. Spent the remainder of my service time between teaching and playing at the Navy School of Music in Norfork VA. and Fort Dix New Jersey, the last 4 months of my service.
I’m going to take up for those military musicians. They provide a service to their country. Not everyone can do what they do and they have a history going back into the American Revolution. Musicians were no sissies but played a vital role in military battlefields.

Today their role is no less than it ever has. Thank you Doctor for your service you provided to your country.[Salute]

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
According to Islam, you know... the ones with most recent prophet, Mohammad, you have 9/11 bass ackwards!
Ya, the most recent prophet that was copied from Christianity.

Way to go, Allah!
The martyrs were granted 72 virgins +(milk n honey) and the 'infidels' sent to Hell!
You call them chicken shits "martyrs"? Those cowardly terrorists?

HA !

They can have their 72 male virguns. They'll love pouring milk & honey on each others virgin pee-pees.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume that God isn't real?
It is not a assumption but rather a observation based on observable facts, logic and reason.

Of course headlines like this remind me of you...

MIDDLESBORO, Ky.(WKYT)- He says without his snakes that he's not obeying the word of God.
A Kentucky pastor is fighting to get back his snakes after police in Tennessee confiscated them.
Police say they found five snakes in his car during a traffic stop.
And now the pastor says his religious rights have been violated.

VATICAN (The Borowitz Report)—Pope Benedict XVI stunned the world for the second time in twenty-four hours today by announcing his decision to come out of retirement.

“I thought I was getting too old for this,” the Pope explained via his Twitter account,“but I’ve still got plenty left in the tank.”

The Pope’s abrupt unretirement left many fans wondering if his original decision was little more than a publicity stunt, but according to one Vatican source,“The situation was a lot more complicated than people know.”

“The Vatican doesn’t make resigning your job as Pope an easy thing to do,” the source said.“In his exit interview, they told him he would have to agree not to sign with another organized religion for three years. Plus, he was going to have to give his 1.5 million Twitter followers back to the Church. The Twitter thing was the deal-breaker.”

For his part, the newly unretired Pope took to his Twitter feed to announce his return in a nonchalant way:“So it turns out I’m not infallible.#FTW.”

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have something to say to young people...
Pull your damn pants up, put the pot down, get a friggin job & move outta mom's house already!
Good advise but I would go a little further.

Work hard, get a good education, when you get a job stay off the phone, show up on time, go to work everyday, don’t complain, work, stop smoking, stop asking people for cigarette money, stop stealing from you Mothers purse, stop breaking into peoples homes and stealing, stop eating others peoples lunches when they aren’t looking at work.

When you do move out of Mom’s house, don’t move back in.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
It is not a assumption but rather a observation based on observable facts, logic and reason.[/QUOYE]

Oh, I see.

Then please show your observable facts that God isn't real.....

[QUOTE] Of course headlines like this remind me of you...
MIDDLESBORO, Ky.(WKYT)- He says without his snakes that he's not obeying the word of God.
A Kentucky pastor is fighting to get back his snakes after police in Tennessee confiscated them.
Police say they found five snakes in his car during a traffic stop.
And now the pastor says his religious rights have been violated.
VATICAN (The Borowitz Report)—Pope Benedict XVI stunned the world for the second time in twenty-four hours today by announcing his decision to come out of retirement.
“I thought I was getting too old for this,” the Pope explained via his Twitter account,“but I’ve still got plenty left in the tank.”
The Pope’s abrupt unretirement left many fans wondering if his original decision was little more than a publicity stunt, but according to one Vatican source,“The situation was a lot more complicated than people know.”
“The Vatican doesn’t make resigning your job as Pope an easy thing to do,” the source said.“In his exit interview, they told him he would have to agree not to sign with another organized religion for three years. Plus, he was going to have to give his 1.5 million Twitter followers back to the Church. The Twitter thing was the deal-breaker.”
For his part, the newly unretired Pope took to his Twitter feed to announce his return in a nonchalant way:“So it turns out I’m not infallible.#FTW.”
You buy that bullshit? Lol, that's your version of facts, isn't it?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advise but I would go a little further.
Work hard, get a good education, when you get a job stay off the phone, show up on time, go to work everyday, don’t complain, work, stop smoking, stop asking people for cigarette money, stop stealing from you Mothers purse, stop breaking into peoples homes and stealing, stop eating others peoples lunches when they aren’t looking at work.
When you do move out of Mom’s house, don’t move back in.
HA HA !!!

I forgot those key points. My apologies.

Also, ask the kiddies to pay for their own damn car & insurance. Quit whining like little babies because mon's teet is all dried up.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And the answer is:
Nope ...

"Cults are not new. There have always been inspiring, charismatic, guru-like leaders who have been able to persuade devoted bands of followers that they have the answer to the big question: the meaning of life."
– Jean Ritchie, The Secret World of Cults.

All that is required to be Christian huckster

A towering ego, an insatiable appetite for adoration and applause, a rampant libido, and above all, an eye on the big money, mark out the "charismatic" personality well-suited to the business of religion.

All that is needed is oratorical skill, unbridled ambition and a leg-up from a "name" already in the business if selling Jesus.

Many have trod the path. The roll-call of dishonour speaks volumes. Hiding behind their Bibles and clerical collars are a bunch of crooks and hucksters, womanising egotists and dangerous megalomaniacs.

But they love you!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago blues are Delta blues. They settled in there from down south.
This guy was great.
Fair enough. Call Chicago blues electrically amplified blues as opposed to acoustic Delta blues. Like 'em both, but something about a Stratocaster in the right hands...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,941 - 147,960 of216,689
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 679,807
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 13 min USA-1 37,845
I want a sugar daddy. 20 min Dean 11
Say hello to everyone and I am new here 50 min Cisco Kid 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr buystripbenoquin 4,410
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 1 hr Some1 Else 12,232
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr mercy_lad 231
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 89,503
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Sheilaa 109,510