Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153932 Feb 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
September 11th - The day Allah 'won' and Jesus 'lost'.
Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of inspiration but the child of human invention.
My 'respect' vanished as I watched the 'Day of Prayer' in Washington Cathedral, where people of mutually incompatible faiths united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place: RELIGION.
It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.
Simple task... Are you up to the challenge Dave?
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
And the millions chanted in unison holding up their right fist as high as possible,“Atheist Power, Atheist Power, Atheist Power!”

Followed by chants,“Long live Stalin, Long live Valdimir Lenin! Long live Mao Zedong!”

Finally long repeated chants,“Long live Communism!”

Zeeee Comrade you have joined zee revolution!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153933 Feb 13, 2013

This guy was a blues great. Quite a life.

New Orleans blues.

Southern Illinois

#153934 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> I was gong to join the band, but considered that a wimp thing to do. Yes, I saw some Bush time. Joined the band after my tour. Spent the remainder of my service time between teaching and playing at the Navy School of Music in Norfork VA. and Fort Dix New Jersey, the last 4 months of my service.
I’m going to take up for those military musicians. They provide a service to their country. Not everyone can do what they do and they have a history going back into the American Revolution. Musicians were no sissies but played a vital role in military battlefields.

Today their role is no less than it ever has. Thank you Doctor for your service you provided to your country.[Salute]

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153935 Feb 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
According to Islam, you know... the ones with most recent prophet, Mohammad, you have 9/11 bass ackwards!
Ya, the most recent prophet that was copied from Christianity.

Way to go, Allah!
The martyrs were granted 72 virgins +(milk n honey) and the 'infidels' sent to Hell!
You call them chicken shits "martyrs"? Those cowardly terrorists?

HA !

They can have their 72 male virguns. They'll love pouring milk & honey on each others virgin pee-pees.
Imhotep

United States

#153936 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume that God isn't real?
It is not a assumption but rather a observation based on observable facts, logic and reason.

Of course headlines like this remind me of you...

MIDDLESBORO, Ky.(WKYT)- He says without his snakes that he's not obeying the word of God.
A Kentucky pastor is fighting to get back his snakes after police in Tennessee confiscated them.
Police say they found five snakes in his car during a traffic stop.
And now the pastor says his religious rights have been violated.

VATICAN (The Borowitz Report)—Pope Benedict XVI stunned the world for the second time in twenty-four hours today by announcing his decision to come out of retirement.

“I thought I was getting too old for this,” the Pope explained via his Twitter account,“but I’ve still got plenty left in the tank.”

The Pope’s abrupt unretirement left many fans wondering if his original decision was little more than a publicity stunt, but according to one Vatican source,“The situation was a lot more complicated than people know.”

“The Vatican doesn’t make resigning your job as Pope an easy thing to do,” the source said.“In his exit interview, they told him he would have to agree not to sign with another organized religion for three years. Plus, he was going to have to give his 1.5 million Twitter followers back to the Church. The Twitter thing was the deal-breaker.”

For his part, the newly unretired Pope took to his Twitter feed to announce his return in a nonchalant way:“So it turns out I’m not infallible.#FTW.”

Southern Illinois

#153937 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have something to say to young people...
Pull your damn pants up, put the pot down, get a friggin job & move outta mom's house already!
Good advise but I would go a little further.

Work hard, get a good education, when you get a job stay off the phone, show up on time, go to work everyday, don’t complain, work, stop smoking, stop asking people for cigarette money, stop stealing from you Mothers purse, stop breaking into peoples homes and stealing, stop eating others peoples lunches when they aren’t looking at work.

When you do move out of Mom’s house, don’t move back in.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153938 Feb 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
It is not a assumption but rather a observation based on observable facts, logic and reason.[/QUOYE]

Oh, I see.

Then please show your observable facts that God isn't real.....

[QUOTE] Of course headlines like this remind me of you...
MIDDLESBORO, Ky.(WKYT)- He says without his snakes that he's not obeying the word of God.
A Kentucky pastor is fighting to get back his snakes after police in Tennessee confiscated them.
Police say they found five snakes in his car during a traffic stop.
And now the pastor says his religious rights have been violated.
VATICAN (The Borowitz Report)—Pope Benedict XVI stunned the world for the second time in twenty-four hours today by announcing his decision to come out of retirement.
“I thought I was getting too old for this,” the Pope explained via his Twitter account,“but I’ve still got plenty left in the tank.”
The Pope’s abrupt unretirement left many fans wondering if his original decision was little more than a publicity stunt, but according to one Vatican source,“The situation was a lot more complicated than people know.”
“The Vatican doesn’t make resigning your job as Pope an easy thing to do,” the source said.“In his exit interview, they told him he would have to agree not to sign with another organized religion for three years. Plus, he was going to have to give his 1.5 million Twitter followers back to the Church. The Twitter thing was the deal-breaker.”
For his part, the newly unretired Pope took to his Twitter feed to announce his return in a nonchalant way:“So it turns out I’m not infallible.#FTW.”
You buy that bullshit? Lol, that's your version of facts, isn't it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153939 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Work hard, get a good education, when you get a job stay off the phone, show up on time, go to work everyday, don’t complain, work, stop smoking, stop asking people for cigarette money, stop stealing from you Mothers purse, stop breaking into peoples homes and stealing, stop eating others peoples lunches when they aren’t looking at work.
When you do move out of Mom’s house, don’t move back in.
HA HA !!!

I forgot those key points. My apologies.

Also, ask the kiddies to pay for their own damn car & insurance. Quit whining like little babies because mon's teet is all dried up.
Imhotep

United States

#153940 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And the answer is:
Jesus saw him first, after the Greeks came to Philip.
Nope ...

"Cults are not new. There have always been inspiring, charismatic, guru-like leaders who have been able to persuade devoted bands of followers that they have the answer to the big question: the meaning of life."
– Jean Ritchie, The Secret World of Cults.

All that is required to be Christian huckster

A towering ego, an insatiable appetite for adoration and applause, a rampant libido, and above all, an eye on the big money, mark out the "charismatic" personality well-suited to the business of religion.

All that is needed is oratorical skill, unbridled ambition and a leg-up from a "name" already in the business if selling Jesus.

Many have trod the path. The roll-call of dishonour speaks volumes. Hiding behind their Bibles and clerical collars are a bunch of crooks and hucksters, womanising egotists and dangerous megalomaniacs.

But they love you!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#153941 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago blues are Delta blues. They settled in there from down south.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D5LmLtQNuzAXX
This guy was great.
Fair enough. Call Chicago blues electrically amplified blues as opposed to acoustic Delta blues. Like 'em both, but something about a Stratocaster in the right hands...

Southern Illinois

#153942 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA !!!
I forgot those key points. My apologies.
Also, ask the kiddies to pay for their own damn car & insurance. Quit whining like little babies because mon's teet is all dried up.
Amen to that, lol. You must have grown kids, lol.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#153943 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advise?

Poor spelling.
Imhotep

United States

#153944 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy that bullshit? Lol, that's your version of facts, isn't it?
Yes, organized superstition (religion) is a steaming pile of BS.

According to the Christian faith I must bet it all, my whole life. I must die daily. I must take up my cross and follow Jesus.

I must be totally committed and have total faith. That’s what I’m called upon to do, daily, even to the point of guarding my very thoughts.

I must sacrifice that which I think about and I should not lust, hate, covet, nor entertain any doubts.

I must abandon reason.

I can understand betting a few dollars to win the lottery even though there is a 1 in 80 million chance to win.

I would never consider betting everything I own based on those odds, even if the payout was 800 trillion dollars, nor would I want to bet my whole life on a 1 to 10,000 chance of eternal bliss.

Southern Illinois

#153945 Feb 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ...
"Cults are not new. There have always been inspiring, charismatic, guru-like leaders who have been able to persuade devoted bands of followers that they have the answer to the big question: the meaning of life."
– Jean Ritchie, The Secret World of Cults.
All that is required to be Christian huckster
A towering ego, an insatiable appetite for adoration and applause, a rampant libido, and above all, an eye on the big money, mark out the "charismatic" personality well-suited to the business of religion.
All that is needed is oratorical skill, unbridled ambition and a leg-up from a "name" already in the business if selling Jesus.
Many have trod the path. The roll-call of dishonour speaks volumes. Hiding behind their Bibles and clerical collars are a bunch of crooks and hucksters, womanising egotists and dangerous megalomaniacs.
But they love you!
Your touching on one of my favorite subjects.

The money preachers that have a lust for the sheep’s money. They are out there and fleecing every chance they get. Money, money, money.

Some Churches have a board of directors. Those that don’t and let the preacher run amuck with the money are naive.

These TV preachers like Kenneth Copeland with no fewer than five Jets and his own airport. Living large on the peoples money, needs to be prosecuted.

It’s not just preachers but some of the office personal including these self appointed accountants that are not degreed and ethical. Money just seems to slip away in the abyss.

But it also goes on in other non profit organizations including Atheist organizations. If I recall Madeline Murray O'Hare employee was dipping into the till and ended up murdering her and her son.

Southern Illinois

#153946 Feb 13, 2013
Oh one more bit of advice to young people.

If you become a lawyer don’t be an as**ole and it’s never a good idea to accept drugs and chickens as payments.

Ride a car and not a donkey to court.

Southern Illinois

#153947 Feb 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, organized superstition (religion) is a steaming pile of BS.
According to the Christian faith I must bet it all, my whole life. I must die daily. I must take up my cross and follow Jesus.
I must be totally committed and have total faith. That’s what I’m called upon to do, daily, even to the point of guarding my very thoughts.
I must sacrifice that which I think about and I should not lust, hate, covet, nor entertain any doubts.
I must abandon reason.
I can understand betting a few dollars to win the lottery even though there is a 1 in 80 million chance to win.
I would never consider betting everything I own based on those odds, even if the payout was 800 trillion dollars, nor would I want to bet my whole life on a 1 to 10,000 chance of eternal bliss.
According to the Atheism belief I must bet it all in one life.
“I” represents Atheist.

I must be a raging as*hole.

I must be angry all the time.

I must deny Christians their civil rights.

I must be a member of the communist party.

I must not give to the United Way.

I must not give to charity.

I must not be kind to others.

I must always think about me.

I must be rude and crude.

I must be mean to children.

I must not have any morals.

I must be deviant.

I must twist the truth.

I must destroy the truth.
I must encourage hate.

I must blame everything on Christians.

I must lie.

I must cheat.

I must steal.

I must beat the neighbors dog.

I must be disrespectful.

I must believe religion is the source of all evil.

I must be evil and wretched.

What are the odds? 1 in 80 million Atheist don’t adhere to the above?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153948 Feb 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y89vfNpxbW0XX
Are you sober yet?

I'm going to speak real slow. See if you can keep up and understand what I am explaining.

I posted that animated link demonstrating what a barycenter is. It was a large circle being orbited by a smalll circle, representing two bodies of mass which then wobbled due to them orbiting the center of gravity between them. They are the same mass, but portions separated by distance. Keep in mind that is a most significant aspect of the whole phenomenon of existence, but I will not try to explain it now.

This distance between sections of mass creates that center of mass that both bodies spin about. This is where the "attractive forces" of each cancel each other out and they become one, so to speak, to other distant bodies, which are all parts of the same original mass. To a third object, you have a gravitational force between it and those two separately, however the orbiting varies it on a periodic basis. But the barycenter is more stable because it is in the middle. But as the gravity force pulls everything closer together, these distances close, thus increasing the cumulative force in all relationships. The barycenter moves closer as the periodic variation of the orbiting bodies does too.

This happens on the atomic scale. This is how gravity becomes additive with mass. However, you have other forces at work keeping them from colliding, such as the EM skin. You wind up with a ball of matter compressed as tight as it can be without going nuclear. Fusion, fission, etc. All from this relatively close contact between mass particles. This is a 3D process, happening in all directions except the surface, where it is down, sideways, with the potential of acting on far distant objects upwards.

You can call that earth if you wish.

You have other bodies formed from the same process scattered around the universe. Like asteroids, planets, stars, etc. They have this same surface potential as the earth, but due to distance, this potential is felt only from the direction those objects face each other, and a cross sectional factor is introduced because of the sizes of the bodies involved. The gravitational attraction is more like a beam now than the all encompassing activity of the ball that formed from roughly the same process on the aomic scale.

As creatures formed on the surface of this ball, their molecular construction was guided by the relatively strong force of this ball, which as I mentioned works downward and sideways. All of the gravity beneath your feet are beams similar to between those distant objects, but it is concentrated and magnified because of that 3D action of those barycenters. All of the ground you see below the horizon on this ball is also working on you. When you leave the planet, you are existing and being continually rebuilt outside the design you were created in. This is a relatively slow process, but essentially foreign and incomplete materials are now being manufactured by your body for replenishment. Your body has to have the existing gravity field and signature to manufacture the products needed. It doesn't magically produce that from within. Those beams from space are insufficent not so much because they are beams, after all, some are strong enough to hold this solar sytme in orbit, but in the local redistribution. The angles it works from. You will run into the same problem with centrifuges because they are very directional.

Until you can unify gravity and EM, which can be done, you don't want to leave far from home for very long. It will be a one way trip.

Long Beach, CA

#153949 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your touching on one of my favorite subjects.
You're, not your.

Your grammar is absolutely atrocious.

You're embarrassing.

Try to figure out the difference, PLEASE !!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153950 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that, lol. You must have grown kids, lol.
No, sir. 13 & 16.

But I guarantee they won't be like the typical kid.

After high school, they're out.

They're good, responsible boys.

Long Beach, CA

#153951 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Oh one more bit of advice to young people.
Yaaaay!!

See? You CAN learn, if you really try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 6 min Swedenforever 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 765,081
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Innocent Holy dr ... 603,691
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 29 min Protester 33,136
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 34 min Trunketeer 4,966
Macy's Parade - Bah Humbug! 38 min Protester 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Remnant of 144000 39,166
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min June VanDerMark 555,038
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 263,608
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE