Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,390)

Showing posts 147,781 - 147,800 of223,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A manned space telescope would be nonsensical.
What do you think would be the benefit?
Didn't they try that once?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
SLS is the HLLV system that was chosen. This entire concept is still the brute force method and the per pound to LEO cost is still way too high. But it is a tried and true type of multi-stage system.
I don't think any technology have been born, to counter the price of overcoming gravity from a Earth launch. But this is why the eventual
establishment of a moon base is inevitable. Along with mining space for the fuel and resources .

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't they try that once?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Maybe get duck12 to ride one?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No you haven't.
You've seen nothing of the sort, and you know it.
Why do you knowingly lie?
God hates liars.
They lie because they have no morals. The funny thing is that they are here trying to sell us on how great their morals are...
Siro

Leichhardt, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They lie because they have no morals. The funny thing is that they are here trying to sell us on how great their morals are...
Thus speaketh the maltheist who has no sense of right and wrong and thinks morality is relative to whoevers salad hes tossing
Imhotep

Silver Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
The Pope is resigning, a new Pope will be selected, and we are all going to have to hear about it even if we donít want too.
I believe in religious freedom. But I donít believe the Pope and the Catholic church deserve the thousands of hours the news media is going to give them.
If they want to advertise it, place a small add in the El Paso Newspaper and be done with it.
Did you know? ;)

The only 'true faith' is the Catholic one, all others were created after the Vatican establishment.

The Bible was written by some 50 men, only one of whom (Luke) was a Gentile.

The first five books of the OT (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) are known as the Five Books of Moses, the Pentateuch, or the Torah.

They are traditionally held to have been written by Moses, but modern scholars have proposed that there were four or five authors.

The book of Esther is the only book of the Bible that never mentions God.

Let the Pope slide into obscurity, he was a pedophile protector (crimens solicitations) and a former Hitler Jugen.

http://nationalcatholicreporter.org/update/bn...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It sure did seem more carefree...maybe because we were young. Simpler times. You ate your breakfast and out the door you went. Back for lunch and then back out till supper. No parents to organize our activities. We occupied ourselves and made our own rules and learned how to interact with others. Walked into town by ourselves to go to the movies. I remember taking my 22 rifle into town to buy some ammo. Walked down the road with the gun over my shoulder on my way to pluck cans and bottles. Wonder what would happen today if you did that. Use to take my horn out in the field by my house and practice all day. No one complained, not even the cows.
Life was centered much more locally, particularly the legal system. So much of it was county and state based jurisdiction. There were a lot of crimes you jut had to step over a county line to escape. Lots of municipal courts. Lots of abuses of powers by the local authorities, too. There came quite a change in the legal system as state and federal government took over more jurisdiction of such offenses. Laws got applied more evenly, and you had less places to run to. Between that and the ascent of insurance companies, there came a more preventative mindset than punishment for violations on an individual basis, criminal and civil.

Insurance companies run the government now.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This'll be good...
<quoted text>
By whom?
Who, other than skeptics, view Christianity as a negative influence?
Surely not the millions upon millions that Christianity feeds & houses.......
By anyone who prefers rational thought over superstition. By anyone who sees Christianity's cultural views to be outdated (ie most young people).
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you post this garbage?
The 4 questions go unanswered, why is that? Coward? Can't understand the question? Just plain stupid?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
8 churches, one McDonald's.
Since both are extremely unhealthy, this goes to show what a danger religion is to our society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

There was an interesting aspect of the old days and its litter that was kinda beneficial.

Soda bottle deposits. Millions of kids were kept in gum, candy, and other little things from those wonderful little neighborhood stores by picking them up.

Had one of those stores on the way to school. The original owners sold it to a guy that built an addition to it. A couple of years later it was raided. The addition was a gambling den hidden behind a false wall.

People never change.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
blacklagoon says:
Christians can't do science.
You enjoy lying, thats why you're so good at it. Blacklagoon NEVER said Christians can't do science, the proof is in reading the post. Blacklagoon said Lying Redneck hillbillies can't do science. I thought lying was a sin!! we know were your headed. LOL
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x15z0w_dav...
One of the finest... ;)
I agree!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

We had this large military surplus store across the street from the grade school I went to. Back in the 50's this was a little boy's dream. Every so often they would discard things from their inventory and throw it on a truck parked out back. After school you would have dozens of boys in the back of the truck scavenging for treasures. Old helmets, haversacks, miscellaneous and sundry items from the military. Oh, the treasures carried home.

No one from the store interfered. They would watch with amusement. Now they wouldn't let you on the property because of insurance liability.

That place eventually got bought and was turned into the Yahweh Temple. Black Jews. The true Jews who would reclaim the religion from the evil white man. Led by Yahweh Ben Yahweh. With armed guards on the roof. He eventually wound up in jail.

What a place. I drove by a few times and they would hand out their newspaper, which was not white man friendly, from the corner to me. Funny as hell. Some black dude full of the fire handing a white man a newspaper calling for the elimination of the white man. with a gun sitting on the seat in view. We would smile at each other and wish each other a good day.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
By anyone who prefers rational thought over superstition. By anyone who sees Christianity's cultural views to be outdated (ie most young people).
Oh, duh. I forgot, sorry.

It's the young people that have all the wisdom....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The 4 questions go unanswered, why is that? Coward? Can't understand the question? Just plain stupid?
I answered one, nitwit.

I ain't obligated to answer and/or respond to everything query you pose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you omitted the part about supporting the rational over the superstitious. I guess you know you're on the latter side.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that you have no proof of god. maybe one day when you grow up you will discover morals and realise that lying is not a good way to live. You may also realise why atheists don't believe a word you have to say.

I will leave you to continue whining at the fact that you have no proof of god.

Meanwhile you can easily go and get a DNA test which proves you are descended like all of us from a common ancestor to apes. But this fact of life is too difficult for you to comprehend or accept, because you are arrogant and willfully ignorant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not pretend that senior citizens gathered their cultural leanings based on wisdom. Thanks.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,781 - 147,800 of223,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

545 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min WasteWater 3,875
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 716,616
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 530,040
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 255,702
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min shyam 4,078
avandia 2014 14 min SallyinKY 146
POPE: "personal encounter w/ Jesus is dangerous" 30 min headlinesYTube 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Strength and Honor 171,450
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••