Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
147,741 - 147,760 of 225,723 Comments Last updated 52 min ago

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Orbiter bay is the size it is specifically to be able to launch specific USAF satellites, and since the gov't was paying, this was their one primary requirement.
Everything else about the Orbiter design was cost cutting decisions to accommodate their 1 primary requirement.
Reusable spacecraft was a good idea. To bad they donít build on that.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
We really don't need the Moon rocks. I guess everything else I've been typing about spin-offs was just beyond your comprehension.
Like I said Iím a fan of NASA. I understand the spin offs. We used the same brand of computers initially in the chemical industry,(Modcomp).
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, I touched a nerve.
I enjoy music. Have a nice collection of everything from Barbershop to Wagner, with a lot of blues, New Age, world, Celtic, country, rock,etc. Like most all of it except Italian opera. Ugh. I like things that resonate with me. Some simple, and some very complex. I certainly don't feel obligated to accept someone else's critiques, particularly when they are on a false ego trip, and come up with that complex crap. You sound like one each standard classical and opera snob.
Don't take it personal, I am an equal opportunity pompous ass poker.:-)
Have a pleasant evening.
Oh, yes, I'm sure you "Enjoy" you music.....lol And such diversity wow...you are cool!!! New age eh!!! wonderful......

There are those with "false" egos" those are people who can't back up what claim to be. Then there are those who's egos can be demonstrated and therefore justified. I am hired because of what I can do. I am commissioned because of what I can do. There is no "false" ego involved. People hire me because I have demonstrated over the years that whatever ego I have is fully justified. Glad I could clear up your total misconception on what constitutes a "false ego." Your entirely welcome!!!!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
We really don't need the Moon rocks. I guess everything else I've been typing about spin-offs was just beyond your comprehension.
Who says we don't need moon rocks? I could use a few to decorate my driveway.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I have a musical question for you.
Is there an age limit to playing brass inst?
None, Doc Cheatam (sp) played well into his 90's. Both Clark Terry and Snooky Young played into their late 80s, and Doc Severenson is still playing strong, I think he's in his mid 70s. Good luck!!!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There were (and are) better shuttle designs, but the 1 "primary requirement" kind of overrides every other consideration.

We (actually they, I'm retired) are looking at HLLV (heavy lift launch vehicle) type craft and some other smaller shuttles.

But funding limits and lack of clear goals have really hampered a lot of the basic research needed.

Right now KSC (and CCAFS, i.e., Cape Canaveral Air Force Station) have various configuration of Delta and Atlas and that's about it.

Private enterprise still isn't quite ready to take on this industry in force (yet), so we're kind of drifting along aimlessly right now.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yes, I'm sure you "Enjoy" you music.....lol And such diversity wow...you are cool!!! New age eh!!! wonderful......
There are those with "false" egos" those are people who can't back up what claim to be. Then there are those who's egos can be demonstrated and therefore justified. I am hired because of what I can do. I am commissioned because of what I can do. There is no "false" ego involved. People hire me because I have demonstrated over the years that whatever ego I have is fully justified. Glad I could clear up your total misconception on what constitutes a "false ego." Your entirely welcome!!!!
:-)

One man's music is another man's caterwauling.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are overreaching to make some sort of point.
Weren't you the one bragging about churches being closer than McDonalds?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc do you ever play the flugalhorn?
What is your favorite b flat brand of trumpet?
Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.

Bach is a very nice trumpet, as are some of the japanese horns like yamaha.Personally I play a custom horn made specifically for me by Shires. This is a company that made great trombones for years, but only a few years ago started making trumpets. Lots of new design's out there, but some very expensive like Adams. You must also find the trumpets players holy grail, a quality mouthpiece that matches the horn. Not an easy task, it has taken me years to find the right setup. But once you find it...look out!!!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a fact the idea the shuttle would save money was a dismal failure. The next generation SLS (space launch system)
Will rival the Saturn five and surpass it , in dimensions and payload. We are going to Mars , it just a matter of time now.
Expendable rockets are back "in".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
There were (and are) better shuttle designs, but the 1 "primary requirement" kind of overrides every other consideration.
We (actually they, I'm retired) are looking at HLLV (heavy lift launch vehicle) type craft and some other smaller shuttles.
But funding limits and lack of clear goals have really hampered a lot of the basic research needed.
Right now KSC (and CCAFS, i.e., Cape Canaveral Air Force Station) have various configuration of Delta and Atlas and that's about it.
Private enterprise still isn't quite ready to take on this industry in force (yet), so we're kind of drifting along aimlessly right now.
The SLS is in motion the engines are huge, and more powerful than the shuttles. But it will use solids too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

America doesn't like taking rides from Russians..lol

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/systems/sls/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the one bragging about churches being closer than McDonalds?
I was just responding that I didn't go to either. I live in a small city of less than 3000 people with a DQ and churches. The closest McDonald's is 20 miles away in a larger city.

The ride to that city cost more than the hamburger.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.
Bach is a very nice trumpet, as are some of the japanese horns like yamaha.Personally I play a custom horn made specifically for me by Shires. This is a company that made great trombones for years, but only a few years ago started making trumpets. Lots of new design's out there, but some very expensive like Adams. You must also find the trumpets players holy grail, a quality mouthpiece that matches the horn. Not an easy task, it has taken me years to find the right setup. But once you find it...look out!!!!!
A trumpet player.

No wonder you blow your own horn so much.

Grew up with that one. Ingrained in my soul.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A trumpet player.
No wonder you blow your own horn so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cCoZLDwMamEXX
Grew up with that one. Ingrained in my soul.
Just went back and looked at the photos in that video. The cars and the babies.

No seat belts. No child carriers. Momma held the baby while driving, or Daddy did while driving. Burping your little rug rat on your shoulder while you steered those metal monsters through town.

Lots of people had lots of empty beer cans in the car, too. Cigarettes went out the window.

Was a different world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Oh, you weren't required to have car insurance unless you had been charged with causing an accident.

A different world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I'm not waxing nostalgic. You had more personal freedom back then, but everything was seedy and filthy. The litter and pollution was bad. Today is better overall socialwise, but you did have more paths to follow on your own back then. The population has also more than doubled. Lots of competition.

Goodnight.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.
My son plays the Bach with a gold inlay bell. Made in the 80's I think. When they were still hand made. He had a real nice custom made Bach "C" trumpet but he ended up selling that.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As a fact the idea the shuttle would save money was a dismal failure. The next generation SLS (space launch system)
Will rival the Saturn five and surpass it , in dimensions and payload. We are going to Mars , it just a matter of time now.
Expendable rockets are back "in".
I really don't think we are going to Mars. That may remain a goal but the budget is going to keep it from happening. NASA needs to scrap man space flight beyond Earth orbit or Congress will. With the baby boomers getting older there's not going to be enough money for it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think we are going to Mars.
I'll buy you a ticket to Mars.

One way only though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liam 537,379
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 5 min lil whispers 8,211
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min CWOODYMAN 730,875
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min Senecus 2,233
More Brutal? American Indians or ISIS Muslims? 23 min yon 1
Is HELL a R-E-A-L place???? 32 min yon 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min lisw 173,005
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,387
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••