Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
147,641 - 147,660 of 224,097 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Its your duty to sh*t the f*ck up and demonstrate some morals by not lying to us about a god that simply does not exist.
I've never lied to you about a god that doesn't exist.... Get a grip.
You people are annoying, just f*ck off back to your caves and spreading your ridiculous mental illness to sane people.
I'm sorry, are you forced to be here, reading everyday about God?

I think that shows your innate curiosity that God is real. You're looking for answers.

That's a good start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
That won't provide historical proof for Jesus will it Dave? It is a standard Christian argument, one you being a Christian you are well versed on. Still it is a logical fallacy. We all know you gush over how you perceive the Jesus myth has in your words and opinion shaped the whole world! Lmfao!
But your opinion doesn't count as fact. The Jesus myth has hindered not helped mankind. It has stymied free thinkers since it was forced down the people's throat by Constantine.
Christians can't even figure out if Jesus was born in Mary and Joseph's house on Bethlehem or if they were living in Nazareth and stopped off in Bethlehem because Mary's water broke and she gave birth in a barn. Ah yes Jesus born beside piles of horsesht! Fitting no!
:)
<quoted text>
Would you like it better if Jesus was born in a palace?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well Dave you are the one saying you dream about men being tied up and sedated. That was your statement yes?
Do you want a mulligan on that one? If not own it.
<quoted text>
You are the one with the virtual testosterone level of a bull dagger.

Chunky, remember the night we were on stage? Poor little darling, you had to run off and "trade recipes". Bet you wore that violet wand out.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

What is being projected from me again? Something about being sad?? Regardless of your lack of the English language Dave made the statement not me. I being a good sport am willing to give Dave a mulligan, a chance to take it back but he has to state that he wants to take it back. Otherwise he will continue to own it and will be reminded, frequently may I note, about his fetish for tying up men and sedating them.

You are already looking like a jackass for saying an unknown Arab man walked uninvited to your dying Dad's hospital room and converted him to believing in Allah.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"being tied up and sedated"
Saddism being projected from you again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
I bet he'd then say something like "If you don't believe in god, why do you spend so much time talking about him."
Good question.

Your answer?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Your Pope wants to speak directly to you, my people as you so deservedly need to hear from Your Pope.

Yesterday, Your Pope tendered his resignation as HEAD of the Holy Roman Catholic Church and has made arrangements for a New Pope to be installed within a month.

Your Pope has taken such actions personally, because Your Pope has become fragile and the Holy Roman Catholic Church always needs its HEAD to be astute in Body and Soul 'all the time'.

For those of you who are a little lost by Your Pope's actions (a Pope has not resigned in nearly 600 years), do Not despair. Your Pope knows that your Holy Roman Catholic Church wil continue to be as it has always been.....with Truth, Honesty, Humbleness, and Kindness in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Filled with members who want to help and assist the Needy, the Desperate, the Blind and the Insane in all countries and towards all cultures, and to Keep the Commandments of Christ, Our Lord, ONE in Being with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

And so, Your Pope wants to thank you all for your kindness over the past eight years and especially for your Prayers in times of Need by Your Pope.

Carry on in the Spirit of Our Lord. Forgiveness is your greatest Goodness. Do Good to those who hate you, Bless those who persecute you, and most of all Love One Another.

GOD Bless You All.

Et nominee Patri, et Felio Dei, etSpirituo Sancti, Amen.

Your Pope in Obedience to Christ.

Pope Benedict XVI

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I'd just like it if we had actual secular historical proof he existed.

Jesus Ben strada the so called evil Egyptian sorcerer messiah made proper historical note by actual living secular historians who lived when he did and seen the man.

Jesus of Nazareth? Nope.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like it better if Jesus was born in a palace?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Going into full meltdown now after you let it slip about you dreaming about tying men up and sedating them? You said it, own it.

Dave just say you take it back and want a mulligan, you are only making yourself look worse otherwise.

By offering you a mulligan I am being beyond generous and kind. Your dithering is so bad today I am starting to pity you.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one with the virtual testosterone level of a bull dagger.
Chunky, remember the night we were on stage? Poor little darling, you had to run off and "trade recipes". Bet you wore that violet wand out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I'd just like it if we had actual secular historical proof he existed.
Then you'd start believing? Quote the atheist, you are.....

the so called evil Egyptian sorcerer messiah made proper historical note by actual living secular historians who lived when he did and seen the man.
Jesus of Nazareth? Nope.
<quoted text>
Ah. You'll believe one story but not the other.

Huh...

Hypocrite.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Going into full meltdown now after you let it slip about you dreaming about tying men up and sedating them? You said it, own it.
Dave just say you take it back and want a mulligan, you are only making yourself look worse otherwise.
By offering you a mulligan I am being beyond generous and kind. Your dithering is so bad today I am starting to pity you.
<quoted text>
Oh, Chunky, you make me so hot.

Male or female, or whatever you really are, reading your words just gives me a huge erection and the desire to share it with you to shut you up.

I bet you do that to all the guys.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
Eagle baby.
That isn't a sentence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, u called him "baby"!
Maybe, it has something to do with Saddam hussein.
Saddamism:
Verb

The atheist act of murder & torture to advance one's ambitions.

:O

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
You thought a rainbow bridge was a gay hangout and kneejerkedly kicked into denying the knowledge of such a thing?
Hahaha.

You haven't found it either.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't a sentence.
Salutations need not be complete sentences.

I thought you said common sense is better than education.

I took that to mean that you lack the latter.

In which case, you should at least show some common sense!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
Your answer?
It's not a good question. It's a question that's been answered countless times. And every time, the answer is ignored in favor of some pop-psychology or conspiracy theorist-type nonsense.

Why do skeptics rail against Christianity?

Answer: Christian superstition is viewed as a negative influence on society. It must be confronted, as this is the best way of defeating superstition.
Nonsense: Uh, whatever, you just love sinning or you're possessed by demons.

Why do skeptics rail against Anti-Vaxxers?

Answer: Anti-vaxxers are a negative influence on society by reducing vaccination levels. Their misinformation must be confronted.
Nonsense: Uh, whatever, you just love making kids sick or you work for Big Pharma.

Why do skeptics rail against Moon Hoaxers?

Answer: Moon Hoaxers are making factually incorrect statements about history and science, which is bad. Those statements must be confronted.
Nonsense: Uh, whatever, you're just sheep or you're a NASA shill in on the conspiracy.

It's so tired.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddamism:
Verb
The atheist act of murder & torture to advance one's ambitions.
:O
There's the bigotry and hate that so epitomizes your religion.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the bigotry and hate that so epitomizes your religion.
you're a bigot and liar

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins" (Acts 13:38).

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" (Ephesians 1:7).

"Who gave himself for our sins" (Galatians 1:4).

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1Timothy 1:15).

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause it wouldn't work was the likely cause. But a great source of income studying it for a while....
Funded by ARPA, so you paid for it. Oh, and it does work, but I can fully understand it might be beyond you.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Free fall is nothing but scooting out of the way of a direct line of acceleration. However, you just move into another line on a continuous basis. A tangential resistance. Believe or not, there is also a straight line aspect to that movement. Your motion has to actually counter gravity. Instead of a perfect circle, you have a series of straight lines. Sort of sawtoothed, but very fine. It could make it appear as a wave.
You still have the force of gravity. It's a law or something.
A trip to Mars means the sun will be the strongest attraction for a good ways.
Gravity works on the molecular level on humans. One of the things that keeps it together and functioning properly. You can not duplicate that on a spacecraft. Just not enough mass and directions being tugged on.
I kind of figured you didn't really understand it when you made the erroneous comment about LEO (low Earth orbit) being 90% less gravity effect than sea level.

At sea level the pull of gravity is 9.81 m/s^2.
At leo it's 9 m/s^2.

Freefall is just that - falling.

No different that skydiving EXCEPT

1. there is no atmospheric drag (okay, some on the orbiter, but not on the people inside); AND

2. the forward momentum of the vehicle is great enough to miss hitting the Earth as it constantly *falls* around the Earth (about 7.8 km/s).

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

A lying tongue is not only something God hates, it is also something that is an abomination to Him.

Prov 6:16-19
16 There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19 A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.

GET SAVED LIARS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

427 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,605
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Commander Bunny 256,448
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 532,620
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Strength and Honor 172,337
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min Al Capone 3,949
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min shyam 4,579
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 23 min sss223 398
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••