Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257121 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153720 Feb 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line of the bible should be, "In the beginning, god created time."
I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#153721 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!
You were a musician?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153722 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
MCDonalds is 20 miles away. Christian churches a half mile or so.
Don't go to either.
Kinda blows your war on christianity bs out of the water, doesn't it?

La Veta, CO

#153723 Feb 12, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda blows your war on christianity bs out of the water, doesn't it?
How so?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153724 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
If there were a "war on christianity" would you expect to find a church on every street corner? I think not.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153725 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rationality is affected by some deeper issues as exemplified by your passion on the subject.
Those special moments will come to a screeching halt. You might not even have the opportunity to realize how insignificant they truly were.
So, tell me, how is it going now that you have entered the Previously Important Person phase of your existence?
Oh, and in regards to your music criticism. It is most fortunate for the vast majority of humans that we are not under your influence like those in your previous important person phase, and thus be forced to appreciate your aesthetic values and determinations of what is special and what is not.
Have a nice day.:-)
You seem to think that displaying passion is somehow evidence of some kind of disfunction. I guess that emotion is an uncommon occurrence in the mechanical mind. Sorry you are so....incomplete.

The "important person" phase of my existence had been going on since I was basically a teenager. So for quite some time now, thanks for asking!!!

You may listen to any music you care to, I could give two shits what you find entertaining. I was simply commenting on the childlike and vapid nature of that particular piece of music.

It is said that you can tell a lot about a society by its architecture and art forms. It appears you would be perfectly happy in a society of mud huts and childlike scrawling on the walls. It takes a certain level of intelligence to listen to complex music. The intellect is key in understanding and thereby appreciating complex music. If you simply listen of "ear candy" then vapid, transparent music is fine for you and millions more. There are however, a substantial number of those who demand more, who enjoy the journey, who revel in the complex fabric, who have the ability to follow the melodic and harmonic threads and realize there destinations. With your machine like mind you could never experience these moments, so better you stick to your vapid and transparent music. Leave the heavy lifting to creative mind. And thanks, you have a nice day also.....
Siro

Canberra, Australia

#153726 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Given my success in an industry very difficult to survive in, there are many that would consider me far from worthless.
Yeah, I imagine it would be tough at times being a professional welfare recipient.
At least you take a step up in life every week when you are called up to the counter at social security.

La Veta, CO

#153727 Feb 12, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were a "war on christianity" would you expect to find a church on every street corner? I think not.
I think you are overreaching to make some sort of point.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153728 Feb 12, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!
There is no true christian.
All Christian religions have some commonalty. The believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. And they believe in the Constitution and the Bill of rights. The right to freedom of religion.

Your statement,“Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian;” This happens to be not true as you are prone to make untrue claims.

There are doctrinal differences between different Christian religions but they all believe in Christ.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153729 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"because they don't share your particular personal belief"
"What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman."
Subhuman. Nice. Makes you superior, right?
Gee, and you don't even believe in a Hell.
You got issues.
Yep, I have serious issues with people I don't even know wishing me eternal torture. Ahh, Christians, what a warm and loving bunch!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153730 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thanks for stopping by.
very good..clap...clap...clap!!!!

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#153731 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christian religions have some commonalty. The believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. And they believe in the Constitution and the Bill of rights. The right to freedom of religion.
Your statement,“Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian;” This happens to be not true as you are prone to make untrue claims.
There are doctrinal differences between different Christian religions but they all believe in Christ.
So you think the Vatican believe in the Constitution and the Bill of rights?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#153732 Feb 12, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!
There is no true christian.
Most Christians think that a majority of Atheist are as**oles. That’s another thing we all have in common. When I read your post that shores up my position on Atheist.(Shoring up is a Naval term, I got from ROTC).

La Veta, CO

#153733 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to think that displaying passion is somehow evidence of some kind of disfunction. I guess that emotion is an uncommon occurrence in the mechanical mind. Sorry you are so....incomplete.
The "important person" phase of my existence had been going on since I was basically a teenager. So for quite some time now, thanks for asking!!!
You may listen to any music you care to, I could give two shits what you find entertaining. I was simply commenting on the childlike and vapid nature of that particular piece of music.
It is said that you can tell a lot about a society by its architecture and art forms. It appears you would be perfectly happy in a society of mud huts and childlike scrawling on the walls. It takes a certain level of intelligence to listen to complex music. The intellect is key in understanding and thereby appreciating complex music. If you simply listen of "ear candy" then vapid, transparent music is fine for you and millions more. There are however, a substantial number of those who demand more, who enjoy the journey, who revel in the complex fabric, who have the ability to follow the melodic and harmonic threads and realize there destinations. With your machine like mind you could never experience these moments, so better you stick to your vapid and transparent music. Leave the heavy lifting to creative mind. And thanks, you have a nice day also.....
Aww, I touched a nerve.

I enjoy music. Have a nice collection of everything from Barbershop to Wagner, with a lot of blues, New Age, world, Celtic, country, rock,etc. Like most all of it except Italian opera. Ugh. I like things that resonate with me. Some simple, and some very complex. I certainly don't feel obligated to accept someone else's critiques, particularly when they are on a false ego trip, and come up with that complex crap. You sound like one each standard classical and opera snob.

Don't take it personal, I am an equal opportunity pompous ass poker.:-)

Have a pleasant evening.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#153734 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>very good..clap...clap...clap!!!!
Doc, I have a musical question for you.

Is there an age limit to playing brass inst?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153735 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a musician?
"Were?"....I'm still alive!!!!!

La Veta, CO

#153736 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I have serious issues with people I don't even know wishing me eternal torture. Ahh, Christians, what a warm and loving bunch!!!!
A soul settled within themselves that didn't believe in such things would just smile. They are only people, after all.

:-)

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#153737 Feb 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>So you think the Vatican believe in the Constitution and the Bill of rights?
Good question, to some extent they do because they have a large following here in the United States.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#153738 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Were?"....I 'm still alive!!!!!
Doc do you ever play the flugalhorn?

What is your favorite b flat brand of trumpet?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#153739 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
NASA should have considered a new shuttle fleet with shuttles that are about 1/3 the size they were and a cabin ejection system similar to what the F-111 had. I’m a fan of NASA and worked down the road from Johnson Space Center. I just don’t think they are going in the right direction as far as man space exploration goes.
The Orbiter bay is the size it is specifically to be able to launch specific USAF satellites, and since the gov't was paying, this was their one primary requirement.

Everything else about the Orbiter design was cost cutting decisions to accommodate their 1 primary requirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min andet1987 2,997
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 70,177
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min No more Mr nice guy 45,584
topic sex forum gone? 15 min Kgroot1234 42
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Mars in Leo 618,833
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min trifecta1 974,645
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 658,426
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Buck Crick 282,890
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr gundee123 4,940
More from around the web