Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,381)

Showing posts 147,601 - 147,620 of223,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How could it not be?
Time was caused, that is painfully obvious.
It isn't obvious to me. In fact, the exact opposite is obvious to me since time is required for causality. To talk about the cause of time shows a lack of understanding of the nature of causality.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sick and twisted little mythology you have that would include such a place as hell.
And that you are okay with the idea of fellow human beings spending eternity there is even more twisted. Only a real psychopath could be okay with that.
Yeah...I know what you mean.....
I'd probably be of the same opinion if I counted Stalin and Pol Pot as my brethren.
But keep strong Hedonist, your brothers need you.
Maybe you could draft up a petition to outlaw hell and present it to the U.N.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
That won't provide historical proof for Jesus will it Dave? It is a standard Christian argument, one you being a Christian you are well versed on. Still it is a logical fallacy. We all know you gush over how you perceive the Jesus myth has in your words and opinion shaped the whole world! Lmfao!
But your opinion doesn't count as fact. The Jesus myth has hindered not helped mankind. It has stymied free thinkers since it was forced down the people's throat by Constantine.
Christians can't even figure out if Jesus was born in Mary and Joseph's house on Bethlehem or if they were living in Nazareth and stopped off in Bethlehem because Mary's water broke and she gave birth in a barn. Ah yes Jesus born beside piles of horsesht! Fitting no!
:)
<quoted text>
I am having a vision of you in a sort of Jesus position.

Limbs restrained, but instead of vinegar and water, Haldol.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd probably be of the same opinion if I counted Stalin and Pol Pot as my brethren.
Show us all with your mighty intelligence where it says that all atheists must commit genocide.

Exactly, you can't - you're full of sh*t and bitter at the fact you have no proof of god.

Remember, it's your mental illness, not ours.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What else can you say, when you have no facts and no morals?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Why? That doesn't provide historical proof for Jesus. A rather weak argument on your behalf don't you think?

Can't you do better Dave than the weakest logical fallacy talking points? Ask your preacher this Sunday maybe he can pray with you and help you out.
I thought he was pointing out to us that we're always in spitting distance of a Christian.

I bet he'd then say something like "If you don't believe in god, why do you spend so much time talking about him."

Good ol' Dave.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"we have empirical evidence for the age of Mars"
Please, divulge this evidence...
You can't, you know you can't.
The age of Mats is estimated & assumed based on the age of meteors, not based on the age of Martian rocks or soil.
Again, please share your secret knowledge of empirical evidence on the age of Mars.
We can show that certain meteors are from Mars by comparing the chemical composition. Different planets (and asteroids) have different isotopic abundances and we can fairly easily determine the origin of some meteors from that. So the age of meteors from Mars together with the age of the solar system (as determined in other ways) does give an age for Mars. Are there uncertainties? Yes, of course. There always are. All scientific measurements come with error bars. So the age of Mars is 4.6+-.1 billion years.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

So are you the third or fourth wife of your Muslim husband?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us all with your mighty intelligence where it says that all atheists must commit genocide.
Exactly, you can't - you're full of sh*t and bitter at the fact you have no proof of god.
Remember, it's your mental illness, not ours.
Where it says???????
Its a given, as history books demonstrate.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Ah yes the bandwagon logical fallacy argument, I expected as much.:sigh:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he was pointing out to us that we're always in spitting distance of a Christian.
I bet he'd then say something like "If you don't believe in god, why do you spend so much time talking about him."
Good ol' Dave.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

You dream about me being tied up and sedated? Well Dave when you have role played this in the past with young men I certainly hope they were willing participants.

Good grief BBsting and langoliers going on and on about my trouser snake and now Dave is dreaming about bdsm. Guys guys look I am flattered you are all wanting to line up to suck and swallow my load, but I am very happily married and wifey, the love of my life just won't share. Plus I am only into chicks, sorry just gotta let you three know.

Now Dave you were due to post a long rambling wall of text about god is magnetism right? That even though we have natural, observable, tested means of explaining magnetism you believe it's Jesus.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem and strawman fallacy in the same post. And absolutely nothing addressing the content you were supposed to be replying to.

Well, when you have nothing, try attacking with a bunch of BS. That seems to be about all you are capable of.

Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Talking of error bars, Simon Singh corrected a Katie Melua song in his science blog in the Guardian. Katie was sporting enough to sing the amended version on BBC Radio 4.

www.youtube.com/watch...
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can show that certain meteors are from Mars by comparing the chemical composition. Different planets (and asteroids) have different isotopic abundances and we can fairly easily determine the origin of some meteors from that. So the age of meteors from Mars together with the age of the solar system (as determined in other ways) does give an age for Mars. Are there uncertainties? Yes, of course. There always are. All scientific measurements come with error bars. So the age of Mars is 4.6+-.1 billion years.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem and strawman fallacy in the same post. And absolutely nothing addressing the content you were supposed to be replying to.
Well, when you have nothing, try attacking with a bunch of BS. That seems to be about all you are capable of.
Youre the one complaining about hell, I take that as you think good and evil should be equally rewarded.
That would be true for you as atheists have no sense of right or wrong because such things as morality are relative to you depending on your own personal desires at the time.
Your motto is 'If it feels good then do it and f*ck everyone else'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You dream about me being tied up and sedated? Well Dave when you have role played this in the past with young men I certainly hope they were willing participants.
Good grief BBsting and langoliers going on and on about my trouser snake and now Dave is dreaming about bdsm. Guys guys look I am flattered you are all wanting to line up to suck and swallow my load, but I am very happily married and wifey, the love of my life just won't share. Plus I am only into chicks, sorry just gotta let you three know.
Now Dave you were due to post a long rambling wall of text about god is magnetism right? That even though we have natural, observable, tested means of explaining magnetism you believe it's Jesus.
<quoted text>
You are so easy to get you to show your ass. Sure you aren't gay?

Chicks, huh?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
have no sense of right or wrong because such things as morality are relative to you depending on your own personal desires at the time.
Your motto is 'If it feels good then do it and f*ck everyone else'
Are atheists really saying that? I think we all agree morality is a good thing. Just whether to get that morality from a discredited book, or from our own natural sense of morals.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Annes wrote:
seems that the faith in atheism is just too weak.
Atheism no faith since ever

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so easy to get you to show your ass. Sure you aren't gay?
Chicks, huh?
Chunky Poo, are you there?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
you just illustrated why there is a hell for you to erode and perish in.
Stop stealing Norse religion punishment place hell

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
this is why i became a christian. i didn't want to become worthless like you.
Hatefull christian detected

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,601 - 147,620 of223,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

468 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 529,766
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 12 min Dr_Zorderz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Truths 598,721
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min NEWS-FLASH 171,405
Join the Online IT & software Training with Sky... 25 min Sky Infotech 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min It aint necessarily so 716,209
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Charlie Sheen 255,618
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Sasha 108
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••