Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153466 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Listen all!
If you are not one of god's chosen, you are not allowed to quote the bible!
There are 38,000+ sects of god's chosen, they can't even agree on whether jesus is god or not, but they are the fu[kin' chosen and you best not fu[king forget it!
Now stop quoting the bible! You are just trying to make our god look bad!
Sorry that I had to get ROTC tough on you.
No problem I loved ROTC. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153467 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good teacher, I agree! Wow, she was smart & logical and taught you all something very valuable.
Now use that information here.
God did not own slaves.
God was not a slave owner.
In your religion, what happens to a person who simply does not believe in your god? They are sent to hell for eternity, right?

If the blaspheme the holy spirit, they are damned to hell for eternity, right?

In your religion, god owns you and can put you where ever he wants. Is that not slavery?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God did not condone beating someone to death.
Read this very slowly! What happens to the master who beat his slave to death, IF THE SLAVE SUFFERS FOR A DAY OR TWO before dying?

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Here's a clue, NOTHING! Your god says that nothing should happen to the master. The slave was his property to do with what he liked.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Those were Hebrew laws regarding servants & slaves that was recorded & written by Moses.
They were also the first of their kind.
Those were not the first laws. Many of civilizations had laws, long before the story of moses.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In a way, the ancient Hebrews started what America finished not long ago.
What did America finish? You mean finish in America?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And shavers is STILL a problem in the world.
It is (and was) humans that condoned slavery, then made laws to protect skaves, then abandon slavery altogether.
Exactly! Man wrote the bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'll ask you again, what makes you think God condones(d) slavery or the beating of slaves? Because its in the Bible?
I'll will tell you again.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

What did god say should happen to the master? What is his punishment for beating the slave to death?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153468 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, you are talking to a man with the mind of a cross eyed jackass. He's never going to get it.
You may be right. He DID just admit that his teacher was able to convince him that 4+4=9....

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#153469 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon nitwit, ever hear of metaphor?
You CAN'T be that stupid.
BTW, "talking snake"?
I see your type about every day.
what I do not see is you making lots of sense.

I don't want to steal your treasure, but you don't know there is nothing in the royal bank. Your highness.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153470 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And that law, legally protected by the courts of the day, was revolutionary.
You will have to explain that one in more detail. A slave was protected, as long as he died straight away and did not suffer.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Does God say its OK? Find the scripture.
If a god gives you a number of rules concerning slaves and how you can own them for life and never states that you cannot own slaves, what does that mean to you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Technically, in ancient Hebrew it was a 24 hour time frame, not a day or two.
Brilliant! That completely undermines my entire point! LOL! Now show me where god says that a day or two really only means 24 hours.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What did God do? Really, why are you so stuck on "God demanded slavery"?
Again, you must lie to try to divert from the facts. If you cannot produce the post where I stated, "God demanded slavery", then be a man about it and admit that you lied.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Back then, every nation with a social stratification had slaves.
That is bullshit. Name one nation that did not have a social strata. Name all the nations that have ever existed.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153471 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem I loved ROTC. It was a hell of a lot of fun.
I bet it was! Playing grown up was fun, wasn't it?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153472 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
In your religion, what happens to a person who simply does not believe in your god? They are sent to hell for eternity, right?
If the blaspheme the holy spirit, they are damned to hell for eternity, right?
In your religion, god owns you and can put you where ever he wants. Is that not slavery?
Right
Right
Wrong
Read this very slowly! What happens to the master who beat his slave to death, IF THE SLAVE SUFFERS FOR A DAY OR TWO before dying?
"happens"???
Here's a clue, NOTHING! Your god says that nothing should happen to the master. The slave was his property to do with what he liked.
What did God say?
What did God say?
What did God say?
What did God say?

You seem to keep missing that question.....
Those were not the first laws. Many of civilizations had laws, long before the story of moses.
I've never heard of the land of "many"... Specifics?
What did America finish? You mean finish in America?
Slavery. Try to keep up.
Exactly! Man wrote the bible.
WHOOO-HOOO! You CAN learn!

And man is fallible
I'll will tell you again.

What did god say should happen to the master? What is his punishment for beating the slave to death?
I don't know, you won't answer.

What did God say about slavery?

Don't assume that just because it is written in the Bible, it is a "law from God".

God did NOT force or condone Lot's daughters getting pregnant by him, but it is in the Bible....

So, I'll ask you ONE LAST TIME- What did God say about slaves?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153473 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
TheBlackSheep wrote:
If a god gives you a number of rules concerning slaves and how you can own them for life and never states that you cannot own slaves, what does that mean to you?
There's where your mistake is, right there.

Try to understand that what is recorded in the Bible is not all "law" for us to follow, a lot of it is merely record.

With your illogic, we are "instructed" to not eat of the Tree of Knowledge because it is written in the Bible.........

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153474 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right
Right
Wrong
<quoted text>
"happens"???
<quoted text>
What did God say?
What did God say?
What did God say?
What did God say?
You seem to keep missing that question.....
<quoted text>
I've never heard of the land of "many"... Specifics?
<quoted text>
Slavery. Try to keep up.
<quoted text>
WHOOO-HOOO! You CAN learn!
And man is fallible
<quoted text>
I don't know, you won't answer.
Don't assume that just because it is written in the Bible, it is a "law from God".
God did NOT force or condone Lot's daughters getting pregnant by him, but it is in the Bible....
It is easy to tell when people like you are defeated.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#153475 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And that underscores the skeptic's point, doesn't it? Christians think they can call the Bible the Word Of God, but then dodge out of specifics within as the words of fallible men when confronted with difficult passages. Unless you've got a copy that clearly delineates God's words from man's words, what we have left is just a nice collection of Judeo/Christian philosophy.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153476 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's where your mistake is, right there.
Try to understand that what is recorded in the Bible is not all "law" for us to follow, a lot of it is merely record.
With your illogic, we are "instructed" to not eat of the Tree of Knowledge because it is written in the Bible.........
Try reading the bible. Pick any translation you like!

Exodus 21

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

21 “Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them:

Exodus 21

American Standard Version (ASV)

21 Now these are the ordinances which thou shalt set before them.

Exodus 21

Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 Now these are the ordinances you [Moses] shall set before [the Israelites].

Exodus 21

Common English Bible (CEB)
Instructions about slaves

21 These are the case laws that you should set before them:

Exodus 21

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Parashah 18: Mishpatim (Rulings) 21:1–24:18

21 “These are the rulings you are to present to them:

Exodus 21

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Hebrew Slaves

21 The Lord gave Moses the following laws for his people:

Exodus 21

Darby Translation (DARBY)

21 And these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

Exodus 21

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

21 These are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153477 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easy to tell when people like you are defeated.
Thank you for you submission.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153478 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need time to select a translation? Maybe you need someone to read them to you?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153479 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! 16 minutes and you can't pick a translation! How fu[king stupid are you?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153480 Feb 11, 2013
Never mind! I should have asked. We all know the answer.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#153481 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Who wants an English lesson from a import with nasty black hair balls under his arms?
That should be "an import," not "a import."

You wouldn't want to be called "a idiot," would you?

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#153482 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So, your of the school of thought that says anything is possible. A rock could exist and not exist at the same time. You say it's possible, and of course you weren't there to observe. So you must now accept many possibilities as to our present here on this planet. Panspermia for one, seeded here by an advanced race another possibility. Your weren't here to observe so you really can't say either of these are NOT possibilities. Of course you may still keep you supreme creator theory and just one of many.
Since all logic and deductions are based on present day observations in this time and place, then you simply can NOT know with any certainly that your imaginary being has anything to do with anything.
I think you stretched your brain too much in the past doing those convolutions.

As a human being you see yourself as something special. You pay li[p service to just evolving from matter, but you really feel at the top of the heap. You are special, you can investigate and determine and pass judgments on everything else, even though you just happen to be made up of materials aligned in a certain way. You really aren't in touch with what you proclaim. You think too much for your capabilities. Gets you stuck in loops.

I see humans beings, myself included, as being constructs serving the purpose of something higher on the ladder. My ego is under much better control than yours.

As I said before, I am a technician. I recognize machinery. We are machines. Worrying and guessing about what constructed us is beyond our abilities. The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153483 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
As I said before, I am a technician. I recognize machinery. We are machines. Worrying and guessing about what constructed us is beyond our abilities. The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do.
"beyond our abilities"? You mean now or forever? Only a intellectually defeated person would say, "beyond our abilities", so let's forget about it. We would still be living in trees if we thought like you.

Do we have a cure for that?

No, it is beyond our abilities, so we quit looking.

What the hell are you a tech on?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#153484 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute! What are your holy days?
Croms birthday on June 5th.....April 24th the day he created black raspberry ice-cream........and Aug 10th the day he declared being willfully ignorant was punishable by being dipped in liquid shit!!! and Yours?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#153485 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be "an import," not "a import."
You wouldn't want to be called "a idiot," would you?
Should you be tending to your chickens , ol trained jerkoff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 447,415
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechauns rock 995,062
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechauns rock 15
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 3 hr malvin48 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Gay Equals Pervert 699,410
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122