Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
147,121 - 147,140 of 224,123 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, let us say, so far there is absolutely no evidence of life on Mars. Now we must be clear when we say “life” we are talking plants and animals of various sorts.
Having lived in a desert myself. I can tell you that it is beaming with life. A different kind of life perhaps but life indeed.
Mars was very much Earth like at one time including rain showers. Lots of evidence of water but absolutely no evidence of life, so far. I know this is a disappointment to Atheist. It would be a grand slam home run if there were signs of life. We have been studying Mars not just this decade but for decades. And the scientific thought is at this time, that there’s no life there, in the past or present.
As far as manned missions to Mars. I’m completely against it. Mainly because of the cost factor. I would prefer to explore Mars in the most scientific economical way. We are doing that right now. We don’t have to send mankind to Mars when we can bring Mars to us.
Until life or remains of life is revealed on Mars. It will remain an example that life can’t simply self spawn from sterile material. The pendulum swings toward creationist Doctor when it comes to Mars.
What will your thought process be if life is found on Mars?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
Mars was very much Earth like at one time including rain showers. Lots of evidence of water but absolutely no evidence of life, so far. I know this is a disappointment to Atheist. It would be a grand slam home run if there were signs of life. We have been studying Mars not just this decade but for decades. And the scientific thought is at this time, that there’s no life there, in the past or present.
Actually, ancient bacterial life is still a distinct possibility and some thing *current* bacterial life is possible.
As far as manned missions to Mars. I’m completely against it. Mainly because of the cost factor. I would prefer to explore Mars in the most scientific economical way. We are doing that right now. We don’t have to send mankind to Mars when we can bring Mars to us.
One of the few things I will agree with you on.
Until life or remains of life is revealed on Mars. It will remain an example that life can’t simply self spawn from sterile material. The pendulum swings toward creationist Doctor when it comes to Mars.
Mars was a borderline case because of distance from the sun in any case. I'm more curious is Titan has an ammonia based life (as opposed to water based). That would be *way* cool.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, you can start by writing the word, "bible" instead of babbling. I don't have to make you look like a fool. You don't need help in that regaurd.[Tipping Hat]
says the fool who belives everything in the bible
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Bless.
<quoted text>
GFY, atheist.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
Now we must be clear when we say “life” we are talking plants and animals of various sorts.
Too bad for you that's not the definition of "life".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as manned missions to Mars.
How far is that?

Oops, I guess you don't mean far, as in distance.

How I wish you would write in complete sentences.

It would be so much easier to understand what you are writing.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Richard's a bit of a moving target. Leicester, where he was dug up, expect him to be buried in their local cathedral- in fact, that was a condition of his disinterment. York now want him to be buried there.
I don't yet know where Richard of York will end up.
<quoted text>
I vote for Westminster Abbey.

It's a wonderful place, he would be in very good company, and for the visitor it makes it so much easier to have everybody together.

See what you can do.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It was being gentrified back in the 70's.
Some steep streets there.
I was TDY at The Presidio, but was billeted over at Ft. Ord. Gorgeous view. Big difference between there and Ft Ord.
Was real neat watching the airplanes take off and land across the bay,
Went to the Santa Cruz pier and to San Francisco and walked up the Golden Gate. Long ways down.
There was a bridge near Point Sur where you could pull off and park and walk out to the shore. Took me a while to get used to those big waves coming in. We didn't have them anywhere near that height in Miami.
Do they still have the rainbow bridges?
Don't know about the rainbow bridges, haven't heard of thelm.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws of logic are immaterial and universal and cannot be verified by empiricism, yet they are true, so on that basis, do you reject them?
Your wrong, the universe is NOT subject to any laws of logic, the universe merely exists. The rules of logic are properties of mankind, devised from common sense and experience of nature. Logic tells me that if I stick my hand in fire I will get burned. The fact that people contradict each other has no bearing on the absoluteness of logic. It merely reflects the failure of many to grasp the rules and play by them.

Logic dictates that either A is or it isn't, it can't be both. Either something is or it isn't. What methodology do you use to determine if something either is or it isn't? It appears to me that your logic consists of making shit up and then proclaiming it to be true. Either your god exists or it doesn't. The question is how to determine if this thing is real or not.

Here, chew on this. If god exists outside the boundaries of logic, then you are saying God can exist and not exist at the same time. Now there are three possibilities.

1.) God exists

2.) God doesn't exist

3.) God both exists and not exists.

NOTICE two out of three say God does not exist!!!!!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Atheists KNOW God is REAL. They just CHOOSE to be STOOPID.
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW God is REAL. They just CHOOSE to be STOOPID.
I couldn't agree more.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Search Results

EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA

www.insider-magazine.com/christianmafia.htm

EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA. Where Those Who Now Run the U.S. Government Came From and Where They Are Taking Us ...

The Fellowship (Christian organization)- Wikipedia, the free ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_ (Christian_organization)

In Newsweek, Lisa Miller wrote that, rather than calling themselves "Christians," as they describe themselves they are brought together by common love for the ...

History - Influence - Beliefs and theology - Leadership model

MSNBC's Maddow Show Propels Growing DC "Christian Mafia"

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../msnbcs-imaddow-sho... ...

Aug 19, 2009 – The Family is a secretive fundamentalist Washington DC ministry which runs the National Prayer Breakfast and Bible study groups attended by ...

Inside the “Christian Mafia”| Harper's Magazine

harpers.org/blog/2009/07/inside-the-christian...

Jul 16, 2009 – They proudly call themselves the “Christian Mafia.” With the political careers of two high-profile members, Mark Sanford and John Ensign, now ...

Christian mafia: the Family at C Street - Portland Progressive ...

www.examiner.com/article/christian-mafia-the-...

Jul 19, 2009 – The house on C Street Washington D.C. is home to the self-styled Christian mafia, a secretive Christian fundamentalist organization with deep ...

The Christian Mafia, by Rev. Brian Abshire

hushmoney.org/christian_mafia_brian_abshire.h...

Rev. Brian Abshire discusses that make it easy to join but that won't let you leave.

The Family on C Street: The Christian Mafia | The Road Upward

theroadupward.wordpress.com/.../the-family-on... ...

Jul 8, 2011 – Right-wing politicians may seem to be pursuing their goal of enshrining free-market capitalism as a sacred doctrine. That's because they are.

THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA #1 - A CIA ILLUMINATI MIND ...- YouTube

&#9658; 10:45&#9658; 10:45

www.youtube.com/watch...

Apr 24, 2011 - Uploaded by kcraigdc
THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA #1 - A CIA ILLUMINATI MIND CONTROLLED .... j00ztube has made a comment on ...

The Christian Mafia!!!????- American Theocracy ...- YouTube

&#9658; 4:01&#9658; 4:01

www.youtube.com/watch...

Sep 3, 2009 - Uploaded by Balancedefleurs
it's hard to believe how ass backwards people are, the real bible the banned books make a lot of sense.

C Street and The Family - The Christian Mafia - Video Dailymotion

&#9658; 8:46&#9658; 8:46

www.dailymotion.com/.../xaoqge_c-street-and-t... ...

Oct 3, 2009
C Street and The Family - The Christian Mafia. drewsome By drewsome. Follow. 36 views. Add to. By drewsome ...

More videos for the christian mafia »
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
In a universe were free will is permitted, suffering is also a consequence of the rejection of God...
And what of those who do NOT reject God but also suffer?

No one "permits" free will. Free will from the point of a Theists is an illusion, for you there is NO free will. Your God is omnipotent, he knows everything, there is nothing that he cannot know. Therefore he knows exactly what you will do. Your pathway is already determined. You think that by taking a right instead of a left is an example of free will, but God knew you would turn right. You can't do anything other than what God has predetermined for you. NO FREE WILL.

God also knew that Eve would taste of the apple from the tree of knowledge, he knew it but punisher her and all of mankind for all times. God also knew that Jesus could never really die, he offered him up as a sacrifice knowing he would rise from the dead and become as God. What kind of a sacrifice is that, and you Theists fell for it. Histories biggest hoax, and you people think it was a sacrifice. LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about the rainbow bridges, haven't heard of thelm.
I seem to remember a place I think was called Pacific Gardens or something on the southern end of highway 1 toward Paso Robles. Was really just a roadside attraction, but large with a lot of pretty flowers. Can't locate it on Google Earth.

That was almost 40 years ago, wasn't it?

Many weekends I drove to SE AZ and back through LA, and 101 or 5 up north. Long drive. 16 hours back then with the 55 limit. Tried through Bakersfield once. No more.

Loved the portion through Indio.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to remember a place I think was called Pacific Gardens or something on the southern end of highway 1 toward Paso Robles. Was really just a roadside attraction, but large with a lot of pretty flowers. Can't locate it on Google Earth.
That was almost 40 years ago, wasn't it?
Many weekends I drove to SE AZ and back through LA, and 101 or 5 up north. Long drive. 16 hours back then with the 55 limit. Tried through Bakersfield once. No more.
Loved the portion through Indio.
To me, the desert is masochism.

I have never understood the attraction, but many people here enjoy it-- Joshua Tree, even Death Valley. They say it's the geology. I'll take the coast, Sonoma Valley, that sort of stuff.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not understanding your question.
If you rephrase it clearer I might be able to deal with it.
There are so many implied assumptions in it, that at this point, it would make no sense to answer it.
Present your argument.
Is there another way to say it? What is the process, that your god say that you must do, to cure leprosy?

You refuse to answer because you know that it is absurd bullshit written by idiots who believed in magic.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And what of those who do NOT reject God but also suffer?
No one "permits" free will. Free will from the point of a Theists is an illusion, for you there is NO free will. Your God is omnipotent, he knows everything, there is nothing that he cannot know. Therefore he knows exactly what you will do. Your pathway is already determined. You think that by taking a right instead of a left is an example of free will, but God knew you would turn right. You can't do anything other than what God has predetermined for you. NO FREE WILL.
God also knew that Eve would taste of the apple from the tree of knowledge, he knew it but punisher her and all of mankind for all times. God also knew that Jesus could never really die, he offered him up as a sacrifice knowing he would rise from the dead and become as God. What kind of a sacrifice is that, and you Theists fell for it. Histories biggest hoax, and you people think it was a sacrifice. LOL
Amusing.

You Topix atheists don't want anyone to define you, yet you feel free to define the powers and intents of a god to the theists that believe in it.

Where do you get your information? Where do you get the gall to do such a thing?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Acadia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger as an atheist negates all of your attempts.
You misinterpret anger for scorn. I have no patients when it comes to people being willfully ignorant. Now why don't you piss off!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I hope for your sake your list is longer than that, because nearly every president was religious and sent people to kill in wars, and we haven't even gotten to other countries leaders either. There is NO doubt, religion spreads more mass murder than anything else on the planet. Religion is an insult to human dignity. There will always be good and bad people in the world, but history has recorded that for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Correct, it certainly wasn't an Atheists who ordered the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think by me quoting Proverbs I have in some way invalidated Proverbs?
Maybe you have simply misunderstood what Jesus said, because of your predisposition to reject any truth the Bible presents.
:-)
Believers try to chastise me for quoting the OT, but they, like you, do mind quoting it, when it suits you.

This is your god's way of curing leprosy.

Leviticus 14:49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:

51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:

52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:

53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

518 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Truth 532,661
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,696
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Naveen kumar 4,644
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 9 min wooddee 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min An NFL Fan 115,038
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Charlie Sheen 256,461
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 24 min Fa-Foxy 8
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 172,348
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••