Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#153095 Feb 10, 2013
I stayed there one night.£421 for dinner, bed and breakfast. I managed to blow the electrics in my room after a particularly heavy night. Great place. They need to sort their landscaping out though. There are sandpits and flagpoles everywhere.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live close to the Gleaneagles Hotel? I have wanted to go there!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#153096 Feb 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Stalin
Himler
Hitler
Mao
Zinoviev
Kaminev
Fidel Castro
Lenin
Trotsky
I hope for your sake your list is longer than that, because nearly every president was religious and sent people to kill in wars, and we haven't even gotten to other countries leaders either. There is NO doubt, religion spreads more mass murder than anything else on the planet. Religion is an insult to human dignity. There will always be good and bad people in the world, but history has recorded that for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Location hidden

#153097 Feb 10, 2013
Turkey wrote:
It is also true that Dave makes fools of all of the topix atheists regularly. Its quite amusing. Dave makes a mockery of even the most ardent psuedo elite atheists.
Get a room.
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

#153098 Feb 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I am making every attempt here to be civil. "
Your anger as an atheist negates all of your attempts.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#153099 Feb 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I stayed there one night.£421 for dinner, bed and breakfast. I managed to blow the electrics in my room after a particularly heavy night. Great place. They need to sort their landscaping out though. There are sandpits and flagpoles everywhere.
<quoted text>
Haha.

I would have to add the expense of travel....

Long Beach, CA

#153100 Feb 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
On another note, you're close enough to go visit Richard III, no?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153101 Feb 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I am making every attempt here to be civil. Your contention that if Mars had once possessed life we should know about it. Thats the same as someone walking to the edge of a desolate beach, scooping up some water, kicking over same sand and declaring,,,NOPE NO LIFE EXISTS HERE!!!! Hopefully you can see how stupid that is. We have a few roving probes analyzing rocks and soil, thats it. Imagine an Alien probe landing in the middle of the Sahara desert, what would the find? Two rovers on a planet basically the size of Earth, and you have concluded that there is no evidence of life on Mars? REALLY?? You might very well be right, but lets at least wait until a manned mission has spent considerable time looking for sign of life before we say NO LIFE THERE. It somewhat angers me that the only reason you make such a ridiculous and unfounded statement is because you are desperately trying to support your religious beliefs, and it has nothing to do with real discovery. And if they fine evidence of life then what will you say? Don't answer I already know....."See how God has created life even on planets other than our own"
My good Doctor, let us say, so far there is absolutely no evidence of life on Mars. Now we must be clear when we say ďlifeĒ we are talking plants and animals of various sorts.

Having lived in a desert myself. I can tell you that it is beaming with life. A different kind of life perhaps but life indeed.

Mars was very much Earth like at one time including rain showers. Lots of evidence of water but absolutely no evidence of life, so far. I know this is a disappointment to Atheist. It would be a grand slam home run if there were signs of life. We have been studying Mars not just this decade but for decades. And the scientific thought is at this time, that thereís no life there, in the past or present.

As far as manned missions to Mars. Iím completely against it. Mainly because of the cost factor. I would prefer to explore Mars in the most scientific economical way. We are doing that right now. We donít have to send mankind to Mars when we can bring Mars to us.

Until life or remains of life is revealed on Mars. It will remain an example that life canít simply self spawn from sterile material. The pendulum swings toward creationist Doctor when it comes to Mars.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#153102 Feb 10, 2013
Richard's a bit of a moving target. Leicester, where he was dug up, expect him to be buried in their local cathedral- in fact, that was a condition of his disinterment. York now want him to be buried there.

I don't yet know where Richard of York will end up.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
On another note, you're close enough to go visit Richard III, no?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#153103 Feb 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I doubt it--it's been what, almost 40 years?
On another note though, although the sardine canneries immortalized by Steinbeck are all gone, they have done a wonderful job of preserving the aura and the history in Monterey itself. The "downtown" area, with the shimmering ocean and its sealife performing alongside, is one of the more beautiful places I have visited--anywhere.
It was being gentrified back in the 70's.

Some steep streets there.

I was TDY at The Presidio, but was billeted over at Ft. Ord. Gorgeous view. Big difference between there and Ft Ord.

Was real neat watching the airplanes take off and land across the bay,

Went to the Santa Cruz pier and to San Francisco and walked up the Golden Gate. Long ways down.

There was a bridge near Point Sur where you could pull off and park and walk out to the shore. Took me a while to get used to those big waves coming in. We didn't have them anywhere near that height in Miami.

Do they still have the rainbow bridges?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#153104 Feb 10, 2013
Bless.
Acadia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger as an atheist negates all of your attempts.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#153105 Feb 10, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, let us say, so far there is absolutely no evidence of life on Mars. Now we must be clear when we say ďlifeĒ we are talking plants and animals of various sorts.
Having lived in a desert myself. I can tell you that it is beaming with life. A different kind of life perhaps but life indeed.
Mars was very much Earth like at one time including rain showers. Lots of evidence of water but absolutely no evidence of life, so far. I know this is a disappointment to Atheist. It would be a grand slam home run if there were signs of life. We have been studying Mars not just this decade but for decades. And the scientific thought is at this time, that thereís no life there, in the past or present.
As far as manned missions to Mars. Iím completely against it. Mainly because of the cost factor. I would prefer to explore Mars in the most scientific economical way. We are doing that right now. We donít have to send mankind to Mars when we can bring Mars to us.
Until life or remains of life is revealed on Mars. It will remain an example that life canít simply self spawn from sterile material. The pendulum swings toward creationist Doctor when it comes to Mars.
What will your thought process be if life is found on Mars?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#153106 Feb 10, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Actually, ancient bacterial life is still a distinct possibility and some thing *current* bacterial life is possible.
One of the few things I will agree with you on.
Mars was a borderline case because of distance from the sun in any case. I'm more curious is Titan has an ammonia based life (as opposed to water based). That would be *way* cool.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

SŲdertšlje, Sweden

#153107 Feb 10, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, you can start by writing the word, "bible" instead of babbling. I don't have to make you look like a fool. You don't need help in that regaurd.[Tipping Hat]
says the fool who belives everything in the bible
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

#153108 Feb 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Bless.
<quoted text>
GFY, atheist.

Location hidden

#153109 Feb 10, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Now we must be clear when we say ďlifeĒ we are talking plants and animals of various sorts.
Too bad for you that's not the definition of "life".

Long Beach, CA

#153110 Feb 10, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as manned missions to Mars.
How far is that?

Oops, I guess you don't mean far, as in distance.

How I wish you would write in complete sentences.

It would be so much easier to understand what you are writing.

Long Beach, CA

#153111 Feb 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Richard's a bit of a moving target. Leicester, where he was dug up, expect him to be buried in their local cathedral- in fact, that was a condition of his disinterment. York now want him to be buried there.
I don't yet know where Richard of York will end up.
<quoted text>
I vote for Westminster Abbey.

It's a wonderful place, he would be in very good company, and for the visitor it makes it so much easier to have everybody together.

See what you can do.

Long Beach, CA

#153112 Feb 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It was being gentrified back in the 70's.
Some steep streets there.
I was TDY at The Presidio, but was billeted over at Ft. Ord. Gorgeous view. Big difference between there and Ft Ord.
Was real neat watching the airplanes take off and land across the bay,
Went to the Santa Cruz pier and to San Francisco and walked up the Golden Gate. Long ways down.
There was a bridge near Point Sur where you could pull off and park and walk out to the shore. Took me a while to get used to those big waves coming in. We didn't have them anywhere near that height in Miami.
Do they still have the rainbow bridges?
Don't know about the rainbow bridges, haven't heard of thelm.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153114 Feb 10, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws of logic are immaterial and universal and cannot be verified by empiricism, yet they are true, so on that basis, do you reject them?
Your wrong, the universe is NOT subject to any laws of logic, the universe merely exists. The rules of logic are properties of mankind, devised from common sense and experience of nature. Logic tells me that if I stick my hand in fire I will get burned. The fact that people contradict each other has no bearing on the absoluteness of logic. It merely reflects the failure of many to grasp the rules and play by them.

Logic dictates that either A is or it isn't, it can't be both. Either something is or it isn't. What methodology do you use to determine if something either is or it isn't? It appears to me that your logic consists of making shit up and then proclaiming it to be true. Either your god exists or it doesn't. The question is how to determine if this thing is real or not.

Here, chew on this. If god exists outside the boundaries of logic, then you are saying God can exist and not exist at the same time. Now there are three possibilities.

1.) God exists

2.) God doesn't exist

3.) God both exists and not exists.

NOTICE two out of three say God does not exist!!!!!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#153115 Feb 10, 2013
Atheists KNOW God is REAL. They just CHOOSE to be STOOPID.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 min Grunt56 221,555
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 797,402
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 568,758
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr Fred 178
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 1 hr Marc MIller 414
sexy boobs (Jul '14) 1 hr manjunathramaswamy 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 267,640
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 607,271
More from around the web