Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
146,161 - 146,180 of 224,351 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mm,
Well, your Hindu culture is rather large and diversified, the bit about the Sati was a Hindu claim from someone else, but I don't remember the details.
In one way, you actual describe what Judaism, or the Israelites believed before Christ. That all people had to life rightly to and follow the conscience. Or as we say, God's laws are written on our hearts, so even the pre-Christian had only one way to God, exactly as you stated. That was the universal way.
But that changed with Jesus in our faith, now He is the only way, because the old way was not working, and mankind was sinning to much for the way you described to work. So He came up with a new plan, His Church. Does this not differ from your religion, that God came to us to save us, that God paved the way to heaven?
You stated this: "Our religions respect other people's belief. We think we are all the chosen people, the human species as a whole, their is no special race or religion, but i know u think different from us."
That my friend is very offensive, we do not think any differently at all. Race has never played a role in Christianity, but many, like some British, perverted it to be racial. We also respect all cultures, and do not destroy them as the Muslims do. Armenia to this day still practices old pagan rituals with the understanding that it is cultural, not religious now. Halloween is pagan, but still practiced in respect to the old ways.
And I know Catholics in India adapt many Hindu beliefs and culture as well, bringing the new way to God, while retaining the wonderful cultures of all peoples and races.
People like to make stuff up, including hindu's, when they can't explain the evil in their religion they blame it on others.

It worked fine in India, Since the beginning of Hinduism and then Sikhism was created only 500 years ago, it implemented the same rules again! It worked perfectly even on a larger scale, but then the british came and it all went down hill!!!

But Christians are still sinning now, majority of the people at the time of Jesus did sin, his own disciples betrayed him. How was that not a sin?

But we believe our prophets were God too, we believe God comes over and over again.

I said the truth, I don't think u are going to hell for your belief in Christ, but I know christians think i'm going to hell for mine, they have said it straight to my face!

FYI, I live in England u know, i went to a christian school.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know, with Bobby Darin.
Dude, can't you see I'm trying to impress Clementine?
Hmmmm....singing a song about a girl called Clementine who has drowned coz she was fat, is meant to impress me?

Oh, I'm SO impressed, come here i wanna give u an award coz i'm so impressed!*rolling my sleeves up*:-D

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
I don't speak or understand your language! R u angry with me?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, thanks, but sorry if i push your head under the water and try to drown u! It happens, when u panic!!
I'm singin', quickly put tape on the windows!!!! I saw it in a film, it must work.
Where's Tide? I wanna tell him about a film.
I don't know what has happened to Tide.

He was here yesterday. I think....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Sources?
<quoted text>
Amusing, and quite telling.

Topix atheists always want an authority figure to tell them what is right and true. As long as they are humans. No ability to think on their own.

Guess they never got out of grade school. I wonder what causes that sort of arrested emotional development?
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Straw man.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing, and quite telling.
Topix atheists always want an authority figure to tell them what is right and true. As long as they are humans. No ability to think on their own.
Guess they never got out of grade school. I wonder what causes that sort of arrested emotional development?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist believe in the very beginning RNA and DNA self assembled into complex organism. From that self assembly all life spawned into what it is today.
For RNA and DNA to self assemble would be the equivalent of fine sports car like the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS building itself.
Atheist believe this without any scientific proof complex life forms can derive out of sterile lifeless material and self construct. That my friend takes a hell of a lot of faith.
Yawn...the only thing that all atheists agree on is that there is no god.

Seriously, in addition to being a monster and a troll, you're also pretty damn stupid...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what has happened to Tide.
He was here yesterday. I think....
OK, I'll trying shouting out for him.

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE, WHERE R U?????? IF U CAN HEEEEAAR MEEEEEEE, GIVE ME A SIIIIGN, ANYYYYYTHIIIING!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Humanity may be but a small part of a greater arena of life. And our unique expressions of goodness creativity and spirit would seem valuable even in a vast spectrum of intelligent expressions. It is time to look again at the meaning of God in light of a universe teaming with life. A more complete understanding could only strengthen my value for creation and for the Creator.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
That my friend takes a hell of a lot of faith.
Nice try but not necessarily true. Faith is not one thing. There is all kinds of faith. The kind that of faith that religious people use is NOT the same kind as a atheist would use.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix religious people always want some book to tell them what is right and true. As long as they are religious. No ability to think on their own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
TIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE, WHERE R U?????? IF U CAN HEEEEAAR MEEEEEEE, GIVE ME A SIIIIGN, ANYYYYYTHIIIING!!!!
Shhhhh! You'll wake the neighbors...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Few have reached this Coleridge level in literature.
OK:
The stag at eve had drunk his fill,
Where danced the moon on Monan's rill,
And deep his midnight lair had made
In lone Glenartney's hazel shade;
But when the sun his beacon red
Had kindled on Benvoirlich's head,
The deep-mouthed bloodhound's heavy bay
Resounded up the rocky way,
And faint, from farther distance borne,
Were heard the clanging hoof and horn.
As Chief, who hears his warder call,
'To arms! the foemen storm the wall,'
The antlered monarch of the waste
Sprung from his heathery couch in haste.
But ere his fleet career he took,
The dew-drops from his flanks he shook;
Like crested leader proud and high
Tossed his beamed frontlet to the sky;
A moment gazed adown the dale,
A moment snuffed the tainted gale,
A moment listened to the cry,
That thickened as the chase drew nigh;
Then, as the headmost foes appeared,
With one brave bound the copse he cleared,
And, stretching forward free and far,
Sought the wild heaths of Uam-Var.
Oh, dear.

"Do you ask what the birds say? The sparrow, the dove,
The linnet, and thrush say,'I love and I love!'
In the winter they're silent, the wind is so strong;
What it says I don't know, but it sings a loud song.
But green leaves and blossoms, and sunny warm weather,
And singing, and loving, all come back together.
Then the lark is so brimful of gladness and love,
The green fields below him, the blue sky above,
That he sings, and he sings, and forever sings he--
'I love my Love, and my Love loves me!'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
Dude, can't you see I'm trying to impress Clementine?
That reminds me, I need to buy oranges....
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

The total weight of termites alone is more than humanity.
StreetWave wrote:
Humanity may be but a small part of a greater arena of life. And our unique expressions of goodness creativity and spirit would seem valuable even in a vast spectrum of intelligent expressions. It is time to look again at the meaning of God in light of a universe teaming with life. A more complete understanding could only strengthen my value for creation and for the Creator.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

For anyone that wants an intelligent and noninflammatory argument for atheism or to just better understand how natural selection could even work without "a prime mover" (a god, or some greater force, etc), check out Richard Dawkins "The Blind Watchmaker". For those more interested in a science minded skeptic's view of religion, check out "The God Delusion". If you have great faith, it's always a good idea to take a look and see what the other side thinks and where they come from so you can better discuss your ideas with those who are opposed.

I'd advise to avoid Christopher Hitchens' work. He's more grounded in insult and mockery than any leveled logic or reason.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Shhhhh! You'll wake the neighbors...
SORRY..i mean, sorry!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me, I need to buy oranges....
What, for me? Aww thanks, who told u i love oranges?

Coz u thought of me, i'm gonna think of u and get u some carrots!:-)
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I'm going to see Hardeep Singh Kohli cook us Sunday lunch in the not too distant future. Pink turbans rule!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll trying shouting out for him.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím positive that prayer works. I canít share the testimonies with you because you would think that I was making it all up so I will spare you from hearing them. Yes, Iím certain prayer works.
God doesnít answer every prayer as I would like but there are reasons why. You mentioned the Jews in the death camps. The atrocities against the Jews resulted in a new nation being born. That nation is Israel, created in 1948.
If it werenít for the Holocaust there would be no Israel today. It took something so horrible to bring the majority of the world together to fulfill bible prophecy. Isaiah 11:12
I believe in medical care and modern medicine. Jesus never criticized medicine or Doctors. There comes a time when medicine can do no more. Then itís time to take up a prayer before the King of Kings.
Prayer can not only be used for healing but for well being such as jobs and blessings. Your missing out my friend but thatís your choice.
Missing out? What is there to miss?

Why are you attracted to atheists?

We have nothing to offer ' true believers'.
We do not share common myths worshiped the world over.

I think this is your personal need to believe, to surrender your scepticism, your reason, and your willingness to discard the true origins of religions... in order to put all your trust or faith in someone or something based entirely on superstition.

I find this odd, especially in the Information Age!
I reject any 'faith' that contradicts scientific fact, that outrages reason and common sense.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

424 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 3 min andet1987 179
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 721,055
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min bad bob 172,467
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 256,627
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Cisco Kid 532,912
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Holy dr Shrink 38,460
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min karl44 93,766
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr guido atheist infidel 115,275
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••