Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151227 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another deflection.
Does it trouble to you know the fact that Christianity is rising faster than the wrold's population?
Not at all, because all its growth is occurring in regions irrelevant to my life.

Does it trouble you that its dying in the 1st World?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151228 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In that context yes, a historian is a scholar. But a scholar isn't a historian.
What IS so difficult with that?
I never said all scholars were historians.

Here was my statement: "Historians ARE scholars."

Thank you for agreeing that I was right.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151229 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada is an underdeveloped country?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Canada
Total religious people count:
1991 - 22.4 million
2001 - 22.7 million
2006- 24.3 million
2031 estimate - 27.8 million
huh
From your own link:

2006 Christianity: 74.8%
2031 Christianity: 64.8%

It sure is convenient when you prove yourself wrong!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#151230 Feb 1, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
From your own link:
2006 Christianity: 74.8%
2031 Christianity: 64.8%
It sure is convenient when you prove yourself wrong!
He likes to ignore population growth when it suits him. Can't say I am surprised.
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

#151231 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some weird pursuits and interests in life.
The search for knowledge is only weird to a cowardly death denier. Theists are just mentally lazy dishonest fools who just go with what ever makes them feel good instead of actually attempting to learn something.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#151232 Feb 1, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
From your own link:
2006 Christianity: 74.8%
2031 Christianity: 64.8%
It sure is convenient when you prove yourself wrong!
Wow... and the non-religious is increasing

Poor redneck....*FACEPSALM

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#151233 Feb 1, 2013
Religion is Fraud wrote:
<quoted text>
The search for knowledge is only weird to a cowardly death denier. Theists are just mentally lazy dishonest fools who just go with what ever makes them feel good instead of actually attempting to learn something.
Like Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, and a host of other scientists?

What happened to your pat moniker? Are you having a personality rotation?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151234 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, and a host of other scientists?
What happened to your pat moniker? Are you having a personality rotation?
its sad that a creationist like you who believes the earth is 6000 years old and that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs are name dropping scientists.

Scientists are called scientists because they do science, not because they believe in god. You fraudulently use their scientific authority to try to validate their religious beliefs.

Typical creationist liar with no morals and no proof of god.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#151235 Feb 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
its sad that a creationist like you who believes the earth is 6000 years old and that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs are name dropping scientists.
Scientists are called scientists because they do science, not because they believe in god. You fraudulently use their scientific authority to try to validate their religious beliefs.
Typical creationist liar with no morals and no proof of god.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday

ALL of your modern physics is a direct result of this man. Read about him.

Einstein kept a picture of him on his wall. Along with pictures of Newton and Maxwell.

God's gifts to science.:-)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151236 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday
ALL of your modern physics is a direct result of this man. Read about him.
Einstein kept a picture of him on his wall. Along with pictures of Newton and Maxwell.
God's gifts to science.:-)
God isn't real. Just because a man does great science does not mean that his views on politics or religion are valid.

This is the point which you fail to realise.

Again, you make the mistake of name dropping Einstein - an atheist through and through.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." - Albert Einstein.

Keep trying to lie creationist. I'll serve you out with the facts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151237 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday
ALL of your modern physics is a direct result of this man. Read about him.
Einstein kept a picture of him on his wall. Along with pictures of Newton and Maxwell.
God's gifts to science.:-)
YOu have a tough ladder to climb. First you need to get an atheist to doubt their position. Then once they doubt you have to work them all the way up to believing that the earth is 6000 years old.

We're not f*cking stupid and we will never submit to your ridiculous cult. You are wasting your time in this forum creationist dave.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#151238 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday
ALL of your modern physics is a direct result of this man. Read about him.
Einstein kept a picture of him on his wall. Along with pictures of Newton and Maxwell.
God's gifts to science.:-)
Appeal to authority. That's a fallacy in case you didn't know.

Newton believed you could turn lead to gold with funny words and water. Geniuses often believe in something crazy, it's possibly a side effect of being genius, it doesn't make their beliefs fact, it just means they have some odd beliefs.
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

#151239 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Faraday
ALL of your modern physics is a direct result of this man. Read about him.
Einstein kept a picture of him on his wall. Along with pictures of Newton and Maxwell.
God's gifts to science.:-)
While it takes a certain level of intellect to reject an appealing world view of life after death and a loving father figure in the sky watching over you, this does not mean that intelligent people still can't choose, due to their lack of moral character, to go with the feel good personally appealing world view over a world view guided by reason.

If Faraday was a theist then he was a hypocrite like evey other theist, holding his death denying dogma to zero standard of proof and when a scientist does this it is even more hypocritical for they know full well what proper reasoning is for they use it every day in their work.

Your use of Faraday proves how intellectually dishonest you are. It would be like me using the very bright Bernie Madoff as a means to justify stealing.
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

#151240 Feb 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, and a host of other scientists?
What happened to your pat moniker? Are you having a personality rotation?
Where did I argue that a scientist can't be a coward or a hypocrite? I'm glad you like my new name!

"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being."-- Albert Einstein, 1936

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151241 Feb 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
.
So stop lying about a god that isn't really there
LMAO!!

So you're telling the truth?

It's spelled: hypocrite, btw.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151242 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for demonstrating that your religion is most likely wrong.
That is most likely a terrible argument.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151243 Feb 1, 2013
The_Box wrote:
Sure. When deprived of oxygen, the brain is damaged very quickly. People who aren't breathing for 10 minutes will already have suffered severe brain damage. Jesus was out 3 days. His brain would have been totally gone.
Sure, for a human...

Jesus is God. He can survive without oxygen...

It's really cute how atheists feel a need to put human limitations on God.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#151244 Feb 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't real. Just because a man does great science does not mean that his views on politics or religion are valid.
This is the point which you fail to realise.
Again, you make the mistake of name dropping Einstein - an atheist through and through.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." - Albert Einstein.
Keep trying to lie creationist. I'll serve you out with the facts.
"Just because a man does great science does not mean that his views on politics or religion are valid."

:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151245 Feb 1, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, because all its growth is occurring in regions irrelevant to my life.
Does it trouble you that its dying in the 1st World?
No, not at all. Because it isn't dying.

Christianity gets appr 3 million conversions per year and 22 million new adherents

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#151246 Feb 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu have a tough ladder to climb. First you need to get an atheist to doubt their position. Then once they doubt you have to work them all the way up to believing that the earth is 6000 years old.
We're not f*cking stupid and we will never submit to your ridiculous cult. You are wasting your time in this forum creationist dave.
You are wrong. About the stupid, anyhow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min River Tam 3,428
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min andet1987 5,788
Josh Glidewell Lifetime Exteriorz roof. One sat... 18 min Joshy G 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min WasteWater 270,659
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min June VanDerMark 584,144
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min His Eminency dr S... 40,142
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 50 min Neelakaran 6,291
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 828,423
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr duststorm 442,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web