Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,249)

Showing posts 144,961 - 144,980 of216,906
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
How big is a single point in space?
That link kinda don't jive with what you say.
You're a proven creationist with no proof of god, who lies about science. Why do you think your opinion even matters in this forum?

What do you hope to achieve here with such outright stupidity. I mean you deny fossil evidence for f*cks sake.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
By this time your wife must be craving some intellectual stimulus.
Have you thought of bringing some outside talent in to save your marriage?
It's better for you to sh*t up and let the atheists educate your sorry creationist a$$.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more accurate to say the universe *was* a single point. Once again, we see the problem of 'dumbing down' so the average person can get *some* idea of what was going on, even if not completely correct.
"'dumbing down' so the average person can get *some* idea of what was going on,"

:-)

The high priestliness shows its head.

Poly, there are people squatting in the dirt in various locales of the world that understand physics better than you.

No offense meant, a statistical fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
She is actually taking a well deserved nap after 3 romps of uh stimulation :))
<quoted text>
You are a stupid man. Or even a stupider woman if you are a lesbian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better for you to sh*t up and let the atheists educate your sorry creationist a$$.
You really don't want to lick it. Trust me.

That is the closest you could get to doing so.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What imaginary god would that be, Orrie?
You seem to be stuck on this anti-Jehovah kick, equating any belief in a supernatural with a belief in Bible God as you perceive it. Then your knees start jerking.
I was "your" definition of an atheist for over 50 years. I, too, was against the ritual and blind following of the words of men claiming to be shepherds. The religious ones and the progressive liberal secular humanist ones. I even had a death experience and didn't see a god.
But I have been a technician all of my life, and a very good one. Instead of focusing my skills on small parts of this existence, I started to looking at it as a system, with reliance on modern physics stating it is a closed system. I see the transfers of energy and interactions from a detached view. I, including my consciousness, is a part of the schematic I am watching unfold.
That is why I have been suggesting we are glorified light bulbs, so to speak, constructed devices, to accomplish the ends of something larger than us. What it is I don't know.
You and most people are stuck staring out. You don't know how to detach yourself from your function to realize what you really are. You are too busy processing the energy flowing through you.
Belief was a thing you stumbled about with.
Make no mistake, you if have legs you will be cut from them.
Then you will have no legs to stand on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I could use your granddaughter's mouth as gift wrapping for my boner who is a god, providing she is over 18 and attractive. He is demanding some worship today and hey she could be the lucky believer to receive my holy sperm-it!
Now stay away from sharp objects Gramps, your fingers can't take much more.
You are very welcome :)
<quoted text>
You Sir are vile and disrespectful , do you have any honor? or Are you in fact devoid of reason?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are an agnostic, how can you then deny the possibility of God?
That is contradictory.
I do not deny possibility of god, but have found no better candidate than myself.

Does this mean you will worship me?

Or will I have to make you?

I refuse to to make you so...Here we are.

My will against yours..and.

I will win.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Belief was a thing you stumbled about with.
Make no mistake, you if have legs you will be cut from them.
Then you will have no legs to stand on.
That was a bit vague.

We all stumble around with our beliefs. Including you.

I've been cut from my body. Still floated around.

C'mon, Orrie, give us something REALLY profound about this existence.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Prove it.
<quoted text>
I was talking about the initial theories describing the Big Bang. In those, if you run things backward, you get to the place that the 'expansion factor' of the universe is zero.

This has since been modified by the introduction of quantum mechanical corrections in string theory and other proposed quantum theories of gravity.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"'dumbing down' so the average person can get *some* idea of what was going on,"
Poly, there are people squatting in the dirt in various locales of the world that understand physics better than you.
That isn't what the physics professors here say. You, on the other hand, get so many things wrong as a matter of course, I am suspecting the Dunning-Kruger effect is operative.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
While I assume you are up for a Nobel prize....right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a bit vague.
We all stumble around with our beliefs. Including you.
I've been cut from my body. Still floated around.
C'mon, Orrie, give us something REALLY profound about this existence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
I want to thank everyone for the Mark Twain quotes.
You are very welcome for the Mark Twain quotes.

Do you want some Robert Ingersoll quotes?

They're really great, just let me know and I'll post some.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a stupid man. Or even a stupider woman if you are a lesbian.
Thank goodness we're back to having an intellectual discussion.

Props to you for that, Dave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
Not exactly what I meant. But educational.

If you really want to learn how to shoot, shoot those flintlocks. That time delay is an edjication. Holding that sight picture, along with the required easy trigger pull, is THE definitive thing in shooting. One shot, one kill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness we're back to having an intellectual discussion.
Props to you for that, Dave.
GML is going to make a great second hand co*ksucker. A talent he/she is unlikely to know they possess.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
How big is a single point in space?
That link kinda don't jive with what you say.
Here's a follow-up article from NASA on this point:

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/bb_concepts...

"Please keep in mind the following important points to avoid misconceptions about the Big Bang and expansion:

The Big Bang did not occur at a single point in space as an "explosion." It is better thought of as the simultaneous appearance of space everywhere in the universe. That region of space that is within our present horizon was indeed no bigger than a point in the past. Nevertheless, if all of space both inside and outside our horizon is infinite now, it was born infinite. If it is closed and finite, then it was born with zero volume and grew from that. In neither case is there a "center of expansion" - a point from which the universe is expanding away from. In the ball analogy, the radius of the ball grows as the universe expands, but all points on the surface of the ball (the universe) recede from each other in an identical fashion. The interior of the ball should not be regarded as part of the universe in this analogy.

By definition, the universe encompasses all of space and time as we know it, so it is beyond the realm of the Big Bang model to postulate what the universe is expanding into. In either the open or closed universe, the only "edge" to space-time occurs at the Big Bang (and perhaps its counterpart the Big Crunch), so it is not logically necessary (or sensible) to consider this question.

It is beyond the realm of the Big Bang Model to say what gave rise to the Big Bang. There are a number of speculative theories about this topic, but none of them make realistically testable predictions as of yet."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Please keep in mind the following important points to avoid misconceptions about the Big Bang and expansion:
The Big Bang did not occur at a single point in space as an "explosion." It is better thought of as the simultaneous appearance of space everywhere in the universe. That region of space that is within our present horizon was indeed no bigger than a point in the past. Nevertheless, if all of space both inside and outside our horizon is infinite now, it was born infinite. If it is closed and finite, then it was born with zero volume and grew from that. In neither case is there a "center of expansion" - a point from which the universe is expanding away from. In the ball analogy, the radius of the ball grows as the universe expands, but all points on the surface of the ball (the universe) recede from each other in an identical fashion. The interior of the ball should not be regarded as part of the universe in this analogy.
By definition, the universe encompasses all of space and time as we know it, so it is beyond the realm of the Big Bang model to postulate what the universe is expanding into. In either the open or closed universe, the only "edge" to space-time occurs at the Big Bang (and perhaps its counterpart the Big Crunch), so it is not logically necessary (or sensible) to consider this question.
It is beyond the realm of the Big Bang Model to say what gave rise to the Big Bang. There are a number of speculative theories about this topic, but none of them make realistically testable predictions as of yet."
That is called bullshit and obfuscation.

Space and time as we know it. Which is as far as we think we see.

This space and time, which is as big as what we think we can see came into existence all at the same time, or maybe it originated from a zero volume to fill the present. But believe us when we say we are the experts and know the truth.

Showbiz. Bullshit. Snake oil.

Drop something in the collection plate, please.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
"By definition, the universe encompasses all of space and time as we know it, so it is beyond the realm of the Big Bang model to postulate what the universe is expanding into. In either the open or closed universe, the only "edge" to space-time occurs at the Big Bang (and perhaps its counterpart the Big Crunch), so it is not logically necessary (or sensible) to consider this question."

I really love that part.

The only discernible "edge", which I guess means boundary, is when we poof into existence, or out of it.

God, how scientific.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,961 - 144,980 of216,906
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

487 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min An NFL Fan 109,572
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 512,092
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 250,375
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 17 min GO Le Gay levi GO 36,097
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min pusherman_ 680,145
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 27 min Doctor REALITY 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min KiMare 89,567
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr alisha24 249
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 3 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••