Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
144,061 - 144,080 of 224,360 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
They block the ratings for the same reason.
The bigotry and ignorance that drives the modern militant atheist, is no different to the bigotry and ignorance that drove the spanish inquisition.
You are not interested in open polite discussion, you are only interested in silencing your opponents.
There are far more believers than non-believers and it is only an opinion poll. What is does is; it hurts the feelings of the video makers. Like you, they only have blind faith and a bible full of contradictions, and mistakes.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
In my world, reality creates dreams.
See how different we can be?
You want a dream? Try this one on... Last night I dreamt a friend of mine converted an older apartment building storefront into an indoor bass fishing lake, complete with small islands and boats with outboard motors. I kept wondering how the storefront glass could withstand the water pressure, and feared for the safety of the gawkers looking in from the sidewalk. Next thing I know, my friend is introducing me to Kevin Costner, whom he hired to celebrate the grand opening. Before I could say anything, the scene changes and I'm working in some strange delicatessen. They only had two coolers containing various meats and cold cuts, the rest of the store showcased clothing and radio controlled airplanes. Customers were asking me questions, to which I had no answers since it was the first time I was there. Some guy came in, looked around, and asked me if we sold pictures of the current Pope. Another scene change and I'm in my car driving in a blizzard, when I realize my brakes aren't working. Naturally, I opened the door and attempted to stop the car by dragging my foot. At that point I awakened and wrote this down quickly, so as not to forget. Dreams are so freakin' cool.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The term for taking women from a former defeated enemy is called “War Brides.”
If a man is attracted to her and wants to have a loving relationship. Then he must treat her exceptionally well. You know, diamond rings, access to the credit cards, a nice Lexus to drive, nice home, nice clothes with servants. Of course I’m speaking metaphorically.
Nothing has changed since then. In fact after the defeat of Germany in post WWII. War brides were not that uncommon. Thousands of German women were married to American Servicemen and were transported to the USA. The same was for the Japanese.
Because “War Brides,” occurred in the scripture the Atheist opposition think it was just an awful atrocity. These women wanted a chance to survive and not die in the rubble left behind. A radical change no doubt and heartbreak but life goes on.
My grandfather married a German lady after the war and he failed to follow god's laws on the matter.

Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,

11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;

12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

What?!?! He could sell her because he humbled her?!?!? What did you say that meant? LOL!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a dream? Try this one on... Last night I dreamt a friend of mine converted an older apartment building storefront into an indoor bass fishing lake, complete with small islands and boats with outboard motors. I kept wondering how the storefront glass could withstand the water pressure, and feared for the safety of the gawkers looking in from the sidewalk. Next thing I know, my friend is introducing me to Kevin Costner, whom he hired to celebrate the grand opening. Before I could say anything, the scene changes and I'm working in some strange delicatessen. They only had two coolers containing various meats and cold cuts, the rest of the store showcased clothing and radio controlled airplanes. Customers were asking me questions, to which I had no answers since it was the first time I was there. Some guy came in, looked around, and asked me if we sold pictures of the current Pope. Another scene change and I'm in my car driving in a blizzard, when I realize my brakes aren't working. Naturally, I opened the door and attempted to stop the car by dragging my foot. At that point I awakened and wrote this down quickly, so as not to forget. Dreams are so freakin' cool.
Duuuuude !!!

I had the same dream. Wait, was the car blue?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
Agreed. I don't know how it started but i saw the atheist side of the argument to be flawed from what i understand omniscience and free will to be. I believe in neither depending on how free will is defined
The entire concept of "free will" is an illusion. It's probably the most important illusion we have. We have to believe that our choices matter, and that we are responsible for our actions. We take pride in our accomplishments, we are shamed by our failures, even though we are never completely in control. None of us can change the past, yet we are bound to past decisions and past events. Looking at the past, and where that got us, allows us to plot a course towards what we think will be a better future. Our will is trained, not free. A plant grows up towards the sun. If there is an obstacle, it may be able to go around it. That's a bit simplistic, but I think it demonstrates my point.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far behind the times it's scary, scientists at Arizona state have begun new investigations into lifes origin rejecting the premise that life is like baking a cake,..all you need is the right chemicals in the proper amount and walla! life! It's a 19th century concept.
No , not just the right chemicals in the right amounts. But also in the correct location. THAT's the hard part.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
A total evasion.
Please give more detail. What, precisely, did I evade?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far behind the times it's scary, scientists at Arizona state have begun new investigations into lifes origin rejecting the premise that life is like baking a cake,..all you need is the right chemicals in the proper amount and walla! life! It's a 19th century concept.
Yes, the chemicals have to be in the correct locations. That isn't easy, but it is still a physical thing. Life *is* a complex collection of chemical reactions. ALL the evidence shows this.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuuude !!!
I had the same dream. Wait, was the car blue?
Why, yes...

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would reality create dreams? What would be the need?
We dream to 'play out' scenarios in the safety of sleep rather than in the dangerous real world. We are good enough at extrapolation to be able to work through some basics.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire concept of "free will" is an illusion.
The acts of breathing and sneezing prove that.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Science speak for blowing a big bubble. I posted a better link some time ago.
Which you clearly did not understand.
Regardless, all matter, and thus the interactions of it, are contained in this universe, as they are derivatives of that original event. They say.
A bit strangely said, but I can live with this so far.
A muon doesn't decay unless something else helps it along. It has to be affected.
Why do you say that? What do you think 'helps it along'?
Your perception of physics sure has a paranormal tinge to it. Particles appearing out of nowhere. Phenomenons happen just because the phenomenee got a wild hair.
Not exactly. The probabilities of the different possibilities can be calculated. And quite accurately, at that.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

And from now on you will be reported for your copy and paste block spam. Fair enough? You come here to troll but then get furious when treated like a troll? I suggest if you can't handle it stay in the Christian forums.

Thanks Daffy.

Oh and I will be staying, for a long time regardless of how you wail and cry for getting what you ask for :)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, I turned in this individual to Topix yesterday.
I would love “Givemeliberty” to stay but he/she will have to refrain from being abusive. I would encourage you to do the same if this individual becomes abusive.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Indeed. He argues that his god is the absolute standard for morality yet when you show him examples of his god's morality and ask him about that he runs away screaming and pouting.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all he does...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Put every infant to the sword. Moral or no?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I realize it’s hopeless but it’s just down right fun to prove them wrong.
Of course there’s always a chance someone reading that’s on the fence may be persuaded.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

So you were reading your own posts I see :)

Your god commanded his people to kill everyone in a city but save the young virgin girls for themselves and put every infant to the sword. Each and every infant. Moral or no?

Lame dodge in 3....2...1....
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the arguments I have seen are merely arbitrary claims to knowledge with no rational basis of support...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Just a reminder.
RR: Catholics are not Christians!
GML: What is the largest Christian church?
RR: The Catholic Church of course.... D'oh!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You're rising the atheist ranks. You might be able to catch up to that Liberty doofus.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

You see half wit you are doing it backwards. Before you can that god is a creator or an authority you fist need to demonstrate observable proof for a god.

Until you have demonstrated and defined a god the rest is imagination, nothing more.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are alive.
Even debating with me, proves Gods existence.
Without Him, you have no basis for absolute laws of logic.
By debating and occasionally using reason, you prove His existence...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

And by death you mean pay 50 sheckles. Put every infant in the city to the sword so commands your god. Was god immoral here?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make it clear as with many Atheist you are making your own assumptions not based in scripture. Rape was a crime punishable by death. If it happened it was illegal and risky for the perpetrator.
Who says a soldier doesn’t want to have a loving relationship with a former enemy female?
Your assertions are not scripturally based. If I’m wrong then please supply the scripture that says marriage was a form of forced rape. If you can’t supply biblical proof just say you have no proof.
The women were war brides from a defeated enemy. No where does it say they were forced to marry and forced to have sex. Nor does the scripture imply of forced rape.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

This will of course be ignored or the sheep will bleat you took it out of context. The dodgeball will continue bud. They lack the honesty to answer for their bible's atrocities.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather married a German lady after the war and he failed to follow god's laws on the matter.
Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
What?!?! He could sell her because he humbled her?!?!? What did you say that meant? LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

761 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Behind Enemy Lines 532,931
Nine Eleven 6 min passing by 21
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 6 min Incoming votes 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Porkpie Hat 256,663
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,169
I Never Can Say Goodbye 17 min andet1987 6
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Krackerjacks 115,300
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr kalei 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••