Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#149781 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god commanded rape, killing and putting the infant to the sword. Do you find this moral? Regardless of whoever's words you are deliberately obfuscating it meaningless. Your god your absolute authority for morality commanded his people to rape kill and even put infants to the sword. Is that moral yes or no?
Stop running like a coward, retard and answer.
<quoted text>
Same tired old post...

nothing to raise atheism from
the obscurity of 4% support
in the United States.

Disproving the Bible
in no way proves that latest
trend in atheism.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#149782 Jan 24, 2013
Yawn special pleading logical fallacy. So again for what the 12th time is it?

Your god ordered his people to take slaves, rape children and put every infant to the sword, moral yes or no?

We're these good things to do in your opinion? Chopping up infants in front of their screaming and crying pleading mothers is cool with you?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
If God was outside of time and space, as He created it, then He would have to reveal that fact in some form.
To do this, He has shown, through prophecy, that this is the case.
It is a logical conclusion.
1. To prove God is eternal, He has to show knowledge that He operates outside the bounds of time.
2. God reveals the future through prophecy, operating outside of time.
3. God proves He is eternal.
Second Part:
1. The universe had a start, a first cause that was not of the universe.
2. That first cause has to show that it is outside of time.
3. God has shown He is outside of term and therefore the first cause.
Plenty of evidence that God is the Creator, using very simple logic.
God presents His own argument here:
Isa 42:8 I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#149783 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god commanded rape, killing and putting the infant to the sword. Do you find this moral? <quoted text>
I will answer, even if these christians are too cowardly to be honest. YES, this is highly immoral and objectionable.

The god of the OT is a monster. Any enlightened person can see this.

See Linc and mtimber not difficult!

Lexington, KY

#149784 Jan 24, 2013
Ah yes Adam and Eve. Your god decided to allow the suffering an deaths of trillions of people due to Eve's dietary choices. Lol! She ate a magical apple because she was tricked by a talking snake and god decides everyone has to suffer because of that!

What a psychopath your god is.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you want to hide behind it so God can't see you.
Just like Adam and Eve in the Garden.
Man still attempts that foolishness to this day.
Except these days, it is no longer a bush, but a rock.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#149785 Jan 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Disproving the Bible
in no way proves that latest
trend in atheism.
Disproving the Bible is very important. As this is the by far majority religion in the West.

Lexington, KY

#149786 Jan 24, 2013
Do you have anything other than lame dodges?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Arbitrary appeal to your own authority.
Do you have a rational argument to present?

Lexington, KY

#149787 Jan 24, 2013
All mtimber does is regurgitate lame Hovind questions again and again, ask him a question and he dodges it hurls an insult and fires off another lame Hovind question.

If anyone thinks this is reasonable or respectable they need to check their head.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer, even if these christians are too cowardly to be honest. YES, this is highly immoral and objectionable.
The god of the OT is a monster. Any enlightened person can see this.
See Linc and mtimber not difficult!
Lincoln

United States

#149788 Jan 24, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Disproving the Bible is very important. As this is the by far majority religion in the West.
In no way advances atheism

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#149789 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It doesn't? Lol you had to look long and hard for some crazy no name translation with explanations added lol!
Yes stone her to death and if she is raped pay the father 50 shekels! Lmfao some morality eh?
So yes indeed if she is not a virgin or is an unlucky girl without a hymen or just doesn't bleed on a cloth for her dad to wave around stone her to death!
<quoted text>
Blacksheep #149223 {The bible god stated that girls who lost their virginity before marriage were to be stone or burned to death. Most of the world does not believe that is proper or moral anymore.

Now since the bible god said to do it and most of us ignore him, that should tell you something about the bible god!}

The scripture you referenced doesnít say that any woman who is not a virgin should be stoned. You only took a small portion of the scripture that does not tell the entire story. This scripture you referenced is about a dispute resolution as a result of a married man making the claim his wife was not a virgin when he married her. Such accusations are a result of two people who are obviously not getting along. Or the possibility he married the town whore and no longer loves her.(Deuteronomy 22)

Where there was proven a false accusation against a woman the man is whipped and fined.

In cases of rape the woman was spared and the man is stoned.

In cases of fornication. The man must marry the woman and canít divorce her.

It has been my pleasure to shoot down in flames your misinterpretations.

Southern Illinois

#149790 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ah yes Adam and Eve. Your god decided to allow the suffering an deaths of trillions of people due to Eve's dietary choices. Lol! She ate a magical apple because she was tricked by a talking snake and god decides everyone has to suffer because of that!
<quoted text>
Rattlesnake diplomacy at its best.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#149791 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I am troubled by the quality of maturity, rationality, and intellect that has recently gathered on this forum. People such as mtimber and EmpAtheist, among others.
The quality is too high. It's unnatural for this forum.
Something must be happening.
Lol. Thank you!

Southern Illinois

#149792 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Do you have anything other than lame dodges?
<quoted text>
Do you have anything other than lame assertions and intentional misrepresentations of the bible?

Lexington, KY

#149793 Jan 24, 2013
If she is not a virgin the men in town are to stone her death. If she is raped the rapist is to pay her daddy 50 shackles and marry her because she is damaged goods.

Your god commanded his people to take slaves, rape children and put infants to the sword.

What a monster you worship!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacksheep #149223 {The bible god stated that girls who lost their virginity before marriage were to be stone or burned to death. Most of the world does not believe that is proper or moral anymore.
Now since the bible god said to do it and most of us ignore him, that should tell you something about the bible god!}
The scripture you referenced doesnít say that any woman who is not a virgin should be stoned. You only took a small portion of the scripture that does not tell the entire story. This scripture you referenced is about a dispute resolution as a result of a married man making the claim his wife was not a virgin when he married her. Such accusations are a result of two people who are obviously not getting along. Or the possibility he married the town whore and no longer loves her.(Deuteronomy 22)
Where there was proven a false accusation against a woman the man is whipped and fined.
In cases of rape the woman was spared and the man is stoned.
In cases of fornication. The man must marry the woman and canít divorce her.
It has been my pleasure to shoot down in flames your misinterpretations.

Lexington, KY

#149794 Jan 24, 2013
No a rattlesnake is by far morally superior to your god. Never has a rattlesnake forced trillions to suffer and die because a woman ate a magical apple.

What a monster you worship.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rattlesnake diplomacy at its best.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149795 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your post spontaneous or did you cause it to be posted on the internet?
What caused your god into existence?

Southern Illinois

#149796 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice the definition doesnot include God.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/psychopath
psy∑cho∑path n.

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

Lexington, KY

#149797 Jan 24, 2013
Let's see if the Hovind rip off or even you will finally answer my question. I am willing to bet he dodges it and runs away from it much like you do.

Your god ordered his people to take slaves, rape women and put every infant to the sword. Is this moral?

Lame dodge in 3...2...1...
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything other than lame assertions and intentional misrepresentations of the bible?

Lexington, KY

#149799 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmm am I the only one who has noticed that a certain copy and paste troll who always flooded the thread with spam has vanished ever since the Hovind fan club president timber has arrived?
If you want to save yourself the time of reading his posts all you have to do is click.
http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
This is where he stole it from, word for word.

Southern Illinois

#149800 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Let's see if the Hovind rip off or even you will finally answer my question. I am willing to bet he dodges it and runs away from it much like you do.
Your god ordered his people to take slaves, rape women and put every infant to the sword. Is this moral?
Lame dodge in 3...2...1...
<quoted text>
If you are talking about abortion, I think it's immoral in most cases especially as birth control.

Rape was against the law and still is.

Slaves were permitted this is true but not by kidnapping.

Southern Illinois

#149801 Jan 24, 2013
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/psychopath
psy∑cho∑path n.

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 775,709
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min RADEKT 265,197
mexican don't want to learn english (Sep '07) 22 min koni 49
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min mannibterf 441,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min mannibterf 605,059
wanted women for chat in or around pathankot/gu... 40 min rajesh5697951 1
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr June 221
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr pusherman_ 559,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web