Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Pat

Granby, CT

#149685 Jan 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You fit the MO (Modus Operandi) of a militant atheist. Thank you for taking your time to share your views. Mind you not all atheist fall into this category.
The definition of a Militant Atheist.
-A imperfect being who he/she believes is perfect who doesn’t believe in god, a self appointed judge of Christians, a hypocrite, a hypocritical judge, a Narcissist, he who practices narcissism, one who practices cowardice, one who engages in oppression, one openly practices bigotry, justifies bigotry by self conduct, one who is egotistical, an egotist, a egotistical maniac, vain, self conceded, distorter of truth, a dumb as* who thinks he/she is a genius, self denial, hater of religion, fears death, a distorter of facts and truth, a unbeliever, a cocky self serving unbeliever.
A unbeliever who practices rudeness to believers, a blamer of Christianity, a self justifier of rudeness, a person who denies imperfection, non supporter of benevolence, one who is proudly arrogant, one who believes atheism is a cult force, one who believes atheist is a higher order of humanity, defines the word a**hole, one who has few friends, one who believes in the occult and practices atheism, one who fails to heed, one who is deaf and dumb by choice, pugnacious, aggressive, contentious, irritable, belligerent, combative, petulant, antagonistic, argumentative, bellicose, irascible, quarrelsome, hot-tempered, choleric, disputatious, he who denies all of the above or part thereof.
Stop projecting your flawed logic and inflated ego onto me you dishonest fool. I simply call it as I see it. Faith itself is dishonest for no man knows of any gods and any one who makes an assertion without out knowing if the assertion is true is guilty of falsehood. Every god hustler is a liar and also a coward who refuses to face their own mortality honestly. It's not about god and never has been, it's about your refusal to face death honestly. It is no coincidence that all theists are death deniers. You deny the overwhelming proof that death ends personal memory and awareness for we know for a fact that awareness is brain function, not a ghost.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149686 Jan 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prepared off the shelf response we have heard a million times.
Yes, and factually true for there is no knowledge of any gods for if there were, the existence of god would be a matter of fact not a matter of faith you morally challenged bozo.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149687 Jan 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who believes in God is dishonest is that so?
And you are honest and a perfect example of honesty?
Everyone who claims there is a god is indeed dishonest. If you admit there is no knowledge of god but you choose to beleive in god anyway then you are not being dishonest, then you are simply a death denier clinging to death denying mythology.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149688 Jan 24, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice quote, however history tells us that Abraham Lincoln believed in God and God was mentioned in several of his speeches. There’s plenty written about the 16th President to verify that fact.
Wiki:
Abraham Lincoln's religious beliefs are a matter of debate. Lincoln grew up in a highly religious family, but never joined any church. As a young man he was a skeptic. He frequently referenced God and quoted the Bible; he accompanied his wife and children to Protestant services, and after the deaths of two children became more intensely concerned with God's plan for mankind. He was private about his beliefs and respected the beliefs of others. Lincoln never made a clear profession of standard Christian beliefs; he did believe in an all-powerful God that shaped events and, by 1865, was expressing those beliefs in major speeches.
Based upon the quote I provided by Lincoln he felt every preacher was a lair making claims with no knowledge that the claims were true. All politicians reference god, especially in the 19th century. They do this for support from all the ignorant simple minded biased peasants who believe in god. However the original draft of the Gettysburg Address does not mention god. Dishonest christian historians added it later. Typical.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#149689 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
God caused you.
No, my parents having sex caused me (at least that is the primary cause).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#149690 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you account for the concept that many have that there was state where there was no time?
They took the idea of 'having time' and negated it? Whether this concept actually applies to the real world is another matter.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149691 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***n 1862 and 1863, during the most difficult days of the Civil War and his presidency, Lincoln's utterances were sometimes marked with spiritual overtones.
1862: Bereavement and Emancipation
On Thursday, February 20, 1862, at 5:00 P.M. Lincoln's eleven year old son, William Wallace Lincoln (Willie), died in the White House. Historians suggest that this may have been the most difficult personal crisis in his life. After the funeral, Lincoln attempted a return to his routine, but he was unable. One week after the funeral, he isolated himself in his office and wept all day. Several people report that Lincoln told them that his feelings about religion changed at this time. Willie is reported to have often remarked that he wanted to be a minister someday.[19] When he died, Lincoln reportedly said, "May God live in all. He was too good for this earth. The good Lord has called him home. I know that he is much better off in Heaven."[20][21]
Spiritualism, popularly in vogue during this era, was tried by Lincoln's wife. Mrs. Lincoln used the services of mediums and spiritualists to try to contact their dead son. Lincoln allegedly attended at least one seance at the White House with Mrs. Lincoln at this time.[22]
At the same time, the War was not going well for the Union. General George McClellan's failure in the Peninsula Campaign came about within months after Willie's death. Next came Robert E. Lee's impressive victory at the Second Battle of Bull Run, after which he said, "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."[23][24]
According to Salmon Chase, as he was preparing to issue the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln said, "I made a solemn vow before God, that if General Lee was driven back from Maryland I would crown the result by the declaration of freedom to the slaves."[25] The differences in interpretation of the President's statement can be due to the belief that "swearing or vowing" to God was blasphemous to some religious sects.
At the same time, Lincoln sat down in his office and penned the following words:
The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party -- and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect His purpose. I am almost ready to say that this is probably true -- that God wills this contest, and wills that it shall not end yet. By his mere great power, on the minds of the now contestants, He could have either saved or destroyed the Union without a human contest. Yet the contest began. And, having begun He could give the final victory to either side any day. Yet the contest proceeds.[26]***
Abraham Lincoln certainly showed good sense in his logic!!:)
So he pandered to the god fearing peasants like a typical politician that needs support and votes. It does not change the fact that every god hustler is still a liar making claims they do not know to be true, no different than me claiming to have won the lottery prior to the drawing taking place and me accidentally winning the lottery does not excuse me from my lie.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#149692 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a philosophical argument.
You don't accept philosophy as a valid practice.
I have stated that most philosophers don't do it correctly. I am skeptical that any can.
So you won't understand the argument anyway...
Try me. I have understood much more complicated and intricate arguments than you ever will.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149693 Jan 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it my free will to be born?
Was it my free will to be born in the 1960's?
Was it my free will to be born in Pittsburgh, PA?
Was it my free will to be born into the family that I was?
As a child, was it my free will to attend the church that I did?
As a child, was it my free will to attend the schools that I did?
Was it my free will to have the teachers that I had?
All these things greatly influenced my decisions; yet according to believers, your god arranged all that for me. That is not free will, that is programming.
Funny how god ALWAYS values the free will of the child rapist/murderer over the free will of their young innocent victims. How sweet.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149694 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Arbitrary appeal to your own authority.
Do you have a rational argument to present?

That was exactly the point nimrod, you do not have a rational basis based on evidence in your argument. Hubble's law the cosmic background radiation, the position of galaxies in the past support
the BBT. The fact it is a paradox is not evidence it needed a uncaused causer of causes , or even that causality applies.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149695 Jan 24, 2013
The passion of the christ was just a load of Mel Gibson shite.

Did you realise that the princess shagged in Braveheart was a real person? But she would've been 4 years old at the time. Mel Gibson made Braveheart a paedophile.

The crucifixion was probably just a sex game that went wrong.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Judas knew the strength that JESUS had, he had witnessed it himself on many occasions, and Judas knew that JESUS could defend Himself. It didn't turn out that way at all.....
And Judas took his own life .... and if I had witnessed what was going on back then, I probably would have to. I had to watch "The Passion of the Christ" with no volume, and it was a huge shock to see what they actually did to Him. But, in Sunday School, we coloured in little driplets of blood running from short thorns, just scraping His flesh, and although we knew about the sword in the side, actually watching it on the screen was horrific.
Thank GOD we have moved on from those days, although of course, there are circumstances that actually have not moved on at all.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149696 Jan 24, 2013
Why?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything rational to present?
Pat

Granby, CT

#149697 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the argument you made.
You made the argument that if you cannot comprehend something, it cannot exist.
You cannot comprehend abiogenesis, therefore abiogenesis does not exist.
Do you retract that argument?
To grow as a person, you need to be able to admit it when you do not understand something.
Well, it's obvious why you are a theist. God is just your substitute for a malfunctioning brain.

I can comprehend abiogenesis. That does not mean I possess the knowledge to perfectly describe it. I can also use your same flawed logic against you. You can not comprehend god, or what it is does or wants since there is no knowledge of any gods, therefore god does not exist according to you.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149698 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything rational to present?
No, that was a factually correct remark. All arguments for god are arguments from ignorance for they are based not upon what you know (knowledge) but rather upon what you don't know (your ignorance).

Life is too complex, there must be a god = argument from ignorance.
Life must have a purpose therefore there must be a god = argument from ignorance.
Life could not have created itself = argument from ignorance.

All arguments for god are arguments from ignorance. God = your ignorance, nothing more.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149699 Jan 24, 2013
7 posts in a row gets you a "Cuntard of the Day" award.
Way to go cuntard!
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you account for the concept that many have that there was state where there was no time?
Your reduction to absurdity is incredible to watch...
Pat

Granby, CT

#149700 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been presenting evidence, but your fanatical goggles have not allowed you to see the evidence, let alone discuss and critique it...
You have no evidence for god. You are a liar. God is still linked to the word faith and you know it so you can stop lying now.

Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can and do use normal reasoning. They can even serve on juries! It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist, attempting to protect their cherished beliefs.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149701 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know if a line is curvy?
I like to wear socks.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149702 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so, atheists look at a rock and see abiogenesis...
If you were not so insecure about your blind faith you would have no desire to project your stupid onto the atheist like this. All you can honestly say about every atheist is that they lack belief in god, that's it. Deep down you know you are living a lie and the atheist reminds you of that and you don't like it one bit.
Pat

Granby, CT

#149703 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you want to hide behind it so God can't see you.
Just like Adam and Eve in the Garden.
Man still attempts that foolishness to this day.
Except these days, it is no longer a bush, but a rock.
Adam and Eve? Give me a break! So what was the original sin, eating from the tree of knowledge or the planting of the tree there in the first place? Creating morally challenged imperfect humans only to deliberately tempt them so you can then punish the imperfect objects of your own creation is both evil, and sadistic.

Is there an intelligent man or woman now in the world who believes in the Garden of Eden story? If you find any man who believes it, strike his forehead and you will hear an echo. Something is for rent. Robert Green Ingersoll, "Orthodoxy" (1884)

The inspiration of the Bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it. Robert Green Ingersoll, speech (1881),
Pat

Granby, CT

#149704 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a philosophical argument.
You don't accept philosophy as a valid practice.
So you won't understand the argument anyway...
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.-- Arthur Koestler

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Pokay 809,834
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Gods r Delusions ... 574,098
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min onemale 268,896
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 24 min abi 48
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min trifecta1 608,209
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 28 min ptaz3 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min Freebird USA 176,092
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 6 hr coco 204
More from around the web