Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
143,161 - 143,180 of 226,561 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149040 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine?!?! Oh dear, i hope Catcher didn't notice!
Do something, do anything, it's snowing again, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE PRISON.....OH GOD, GIVE ME A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!
I probably won't get the dirty jokes for sure, but go on then, lets have 'em!!
You're the one that wants to live in England....

It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!

======

How are women and tornadoes alike?

They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.

=======

A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"

=======

Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!

Location hidden

#149041 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming a whiny baby.
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149042 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Here's something we can whine about...another multiple shooting in New Mexico.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/teen-gu...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149045 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Another gay gone gay for sure.
You take idiocy to an entirely new level. I suppose congratulations are in order...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149046 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that wants to live in England....
It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!
======
How are women and tornadoes alike?
They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.
=======
A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"
=======
Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!
I never. When did i say that? I said i wanna move to america.

stop rubbing it in, it's depressing!!:'-(

hallelujah!!!!! i get them!! I'm not too sure about the grass one tho, how could u not know that u were eating grass?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149048 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then you satanists have a choice, one is to leave and form your own country and the second is to get your BB guns and try to take this one from us.
See?

THERE'S the freaking out RR was talking about.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149049 Jan 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>really?

and yet its
the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to dictate who can marry who. Conservatives want to be able to tell complete strangers who they can marry.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medical procedures a woman can have.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medications a woman can use.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what you can smoke and what you can't.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what religious dogma, symbology and prayers are acceptable in public and gov't buildings and land

when it comes to having gov't intrude on the private lives of adult U.S. citizens, I'd have to say the conservatives who are forcing others to live their lives according to conservative ideals
I'd say you've got that exactly right.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149050 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's a problem with that.

America is one nation under God, not Satan....
But Satanists live here too.

And they're a recognized religion.

And one nation under god wasn't added until the great commie scare in 1954.

It wasn't there when I was born.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149051 Jan 20, 2013
solopassage wrote:
No religious affiliation more likely to cause suicide. In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:

"Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived FEWER REASONS FOR LIVING, particularly FEWER MORAL OBJECTIONS TO SUICIDE. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
It's because we live in a world full of certifiable nutcases.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#149052 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>When we go to public school and prayers are offered or crosses hung in classrooms, or when we go to city hall or a courtroom and the 10 commandments are displayed, we are being told that the government favors Christianity over all other beliefs and non belief as well.

That means that the government thinks less of atheists, and indeed those of ANY other religious beliefs, than it does of Christians.

"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge.
"That means that the government thinks less of atheists"

Well that should be no surprise to you, everyone thinks less of you.

"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge."

You're totally free to leave and find a place that does not have "In God we trust" on their money.

Isn't it a great thing of this nation that has no problem with you leaving.

Location hidden

#149053 Jan 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know god isn't Satan? Have you got a picture of them together? They might be the same thing.
You must be drunk. Or else you simply have chosen not to engage you brain.
What a Dolt!

Location hidden

#149054 Jan 20, 2013
solopassage wrote:
No religious affiliation more likely to cause suicide. In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:

"Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived FEWER REASONS FOR LIVING, particularly FEWER MORAL OBJECTIONS TO SUICIDE. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
Shhhhh don't tell them that!
We enjoy them blowing out their brains because they can't stand just being an ape.

Location hidden

#149055 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I never. When did i say that? I said i wanna move to america.
stop rubbing it in, it's depressing!!:'-(
hallelujah!!!!! i get them!! I'm not too sure about the grass one tho, how could u not know that u were eating grass?
If you come to America, DO NOT hang out with liberals. They'll mess up your mind.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149056 Jan 20, 2013
"you brain"
What a dolt!
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What a Dolt!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149057 Jan 20, 2013
In the free world, "liberal" is not a pejorative.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you come to America, DO NOT hang out with liberals. They'll mess up your mind.
Serah

Australia

#149058 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Satanists won the right in a Florida school to offer prayer over the PA system, just like the christians have been allowed to?
No, I didn't

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149059 Jan 20, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What a Dolt!
You're the dolt that can't see that god and the devil is your religion. Not mine, you believe in them, they are you.
They are who you are, not me. I don't believe in your myths, and I don't believe you.
Serah

Australia

#149060 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Naw, they never say nothing to liberty about being rude. In fact, Clementia is even PM-ing him.....
Ah Well ~ the lady that was staying in my home (of the Sikh Faith) is a real lady and Christians and Sikhs get along quite OK, in India, I guess. Her language was impeccable, although she did speak Indian quite a bit and perhaps a bit loudly, but never once did I hear her swear ~ she was, I presume, the modest type :)
Serah

Australia

#149061 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
@Serah....look, sweetheart, when me and Redneck are 'fighting', don't get involved! U know, he gave me the shirt off his back when i spilt choco(?) on mine and I've given him permission to fart! U see, we have this....'connection' that u wouldn't understand. I like pullin' his leg, so get off your high horse and sit down and have some butter milk!!
Tell her i'm right, Redneck! Tell her, cowboy!!
And yh that was the sikh and pope joke, we were told it in the gurudwara, i thought it was funny, too.
Maybe TMail him if you need to get so personal with your accusations and racist attacks!! What did you say to Liberal about him getting on his high horse about the postings between you and Redneck?? I'll just carry on reading and see what I find, hey?
Serah

Australia

#149062 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah... I don't need permission to fart.
:)
A priest, a rabbi & a Sikh walk into a bar.
The bartender said "Is this some kind of joke?"
hahaha....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 539,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 734,047
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 173,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Jim Justice 118,133
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 45 min please help me 46
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 258,216
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 1 hr dobryidrug 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••