Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149028 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, i said if u did, i won't get offended, i'll do that much for u!
I don't get it, why would he think it's a joke? coz normally jokes start like that, is that why? if that is the joke, then that's not very funny, u gotta do better, Redneck!!
Yes, Clementine... That was the joke.

I can switch to dirty jokes if you like :)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149029 Jan 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
and yet its
the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to dictate who can marry who. Conservatives want to be able to tell complete strangers who they can marry.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medical procedures a woman can have.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medications a woman can use.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what you can smoke and what you can't.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what religious dogma, symbology and prayers are acceptable in public and gov't buildings and land
when it comes to having gov't intrude on the private lives of adult U.S. citizens, I'd have to say the conservatives who are forcing others to live their lives according to conservative ideals
Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.

Liberals want the government out of their bedrooms, unless birth control is handed to them.

Liberals are ok with smoking pot, but cigarettes are a no-no. Now they're telling us where we can smoke.

Liberals are ok with abortion - as long as the woman getting the snort ion doesn't pay for it.

Liberals are ok with abortion, but against the death penalty.

Liberals claim to be environmentalists, but left 100 tons of trash at Obama's inauguration in '08. They are so proud to drive their hybrid cats made with Korean batteries that are produced with deadly products.

Liberals want organic food but them complain about the price.

Liberals want more jobs but then raise taxes.

Liberal women wear the loose pants in the relationship while liberal men wear the skinny jeans. Then the liberal woman cheats on her passive liberal twit with a real man.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149030 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>That is like asking you how do you know that round is not square! Do your not understand that the definition defines in either case so that satan could not be God and a square could not be round. Thinking is not only a concept, it is a brain condition which you must try.

One does not exist without the other and both of them in your mind.
Sure sounds like the same thing to me, just opposite sides of the same coin.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149031 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you don't like all the meanings of Faith, but you have confident belief in something, whereas mine lies with my Creator, yours lies with science and their ideas and things. I have Faith in our Historians and Scribes, although I do believe that man(kind) has influenced some of the writings, so I read them with love in my heart, and care in my eyes. I care for the Father who gave us life to the point where I would like to make Him happy; and am happy with that path. You have Faith there is no need for Faith, thinking that your belief is only called a belief, but as you can see confident belief does equal something other than 2 words:)
Faith is ......
***faith - definition of faith by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. 2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence****
Exactly my point, science is not faith.
Because it relies on logical deductive reasoning , material evidence, empirical evidence , and observation.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#149032 Jan 20, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct but you posted:-
<quoted text>
In actual fact you are not far off.
Now seeing how the number of people who went on the 40 year picnic was somewhere between 600,000 and a couple of million and the average life expectancy was about 40 years. The number of people who died on the trip was about equal to the starting population. Also, remember you said that they carried their dead with them.
So let us a nice round number of 1,000,000 people then the total mass of bones was:-
10-15,000,000lbs = 1,000,000 x (10 --> 15)
or somewhere between 6000-7000 tons. Now is it not a little odd that they have never been found? Don't you think that someone would have noticed a mass grave of 1,000,000 people.
The information is available on the net about the historic burial grounds in Israel and surrounding area. There are several and some graves contain many family members.

Since: Sep 10

Malibu, CA

#149034 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.
Liberals want the government out of their bedrooms, unless birth control is handed to them.
Liberals are ok with smoking pot, but cigarettes are a no-no. Now they're telling us where we can smoke.
Liberals are ok with abortion - as long as the woman getting the snort ion doesn't pay for it.
Liberals are ok with abortion, but against the death penalty.
Liberals claim to be environmentalists, but left 100 tons of trash at Obama's inauguration in '08. They are so proud to drive their hybrid cats made with Korean batteries that are produced with deadly products.
Liberals want organic food but them complain about the price.
Liberals want more jobs but then raise taxes.
Liberal women wear the loose pants in the relationship while liberal men wear the skinny jeans. Then the liberal woman cheats on her passive liberal twit with a real man.
You are becoming a whiny baby.
yilbegan

Williamsburg, KY

#149036 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Which defines you on the side of satan and trying to justify that. Hitler did not think he was evil but indeed he was on the same side of the coin as you.
there is good in the worst of us and there is the potential for evil even in the best of us.

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?
UiidotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#149037 Jan 20, 2013
solopassage wrote:
No religious affiliation more likely to cause suicide. In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:
"Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived FEWER REASONS FOR LIVING, particularly FEWER MORAL OBJECTIONS TO SUICIDE. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
But more died in religion/wars on worldwide scale! Better read history on world wars and Religions, are interrelated.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149038 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Which defines you on the side of satan and trying to justify that. Hitler did not think he was evil but indeed he was on the same side of the coin as you.
I'm sorry satan exists in YOUR mind, not mine.
Also if there is evil, it would be you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149039 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Clementine... That was the joke.
I can switch to dirty jokes if you like :)
Clementine?!?! Oh dear, i hope Catcher didn't notice!

Do something, do anything, it's snowing again, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE PRISON.....OH GOD, GIVE ME A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!

I probably won't get the dirty jokes for sure, but go on then, lets have 'em!!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149040 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine?!?! Oh dear, i hope Catcher didn't notice!
Do something, do anything, it's snowing again, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE PRISON.....OH GOD, GIVE ME A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!
I probably won't get the dirty jokes for sure, but go on then, lets have 'em!!
You're the one that wants to live in England....

It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!

======

How are women and tornadoes alike?

They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.

=======

A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"

=======

Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149041 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming a whiny baby.
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149042 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Here's something we can whine about...another multiple shooting in New Mexico.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/teen-gu...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149045 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Another gay gone gay for sure.
You take idiocy to an entirely new level. I suppose congratulations are in order...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149046 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that wants to live in England....
It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!
======
How are women and tornadoes alike?
They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.
=======
A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"
=======
Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!
I never. When did i say that? I said i wanna move to america.

stop rubbing it in, it's depressing!!:'-(

hallelujah!!!!! i get them!! I'm not too sure about the grass one tho, how could u not know that u were eating grass?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149048 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then you satanists have a choice, one is to leave and form your own country and the second is to get your BB guns and try to take this one from us.
See?

THERE'S the freaking out RR was talking about.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149049 Jan 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>really?

and yet its
the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to dictate who can marry who. Conservatives want to be able to tell complete strangers who they can marry.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medical procedures a woman can have.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medications a woman can use.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what you can smoke and what you can't.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what religious dogma, symbology and prayers are acceptable in public and gov't buildings and land

when it comes to having gov't intrude on the private lives of adult U.S. citizens, I'd have to say the conservatives who are forcing others to live their lives according to conservative ideals
I'd say you've got that exactly right.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149050 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's a problem with that.

America is one nation under God, not Satan....
But Satanists live here too.

And they're a recognized religion.

And one nation under god wasn't added until the great commie scare in 1954.

It wasn't there when I was born.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149051 Jan 20, 2013
solopassage wrote:
No religious affiliation more likely to cause suicide. In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:

"Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived FEWER REASONS FOR LIVING, particularly FEWER MORAL OBJECTIONS TO SUICIDE. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
It's because we live in a world full of certifiable nutcases.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#149052 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>When we go to public school and prayers are offered or crosses hung in classrooms, or when we go to city hall or a courtroom and the 10 commandments are displayed, we are being told that the government favors Christianity over all other beliefs and non belief as well.

That means that the government thinks less of atheists, and indeed those of ANY other religious beliefs, than it does of Christians.

"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge.
"That means that the government thinks less of atheists"

Well that should be no surprise to you, everyone thinks less of you.

"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge."

You're totally free to leave and find a place that does not have "In God we trust" on their money.

Isn't it a great thing of this nation that has no problem with you leaving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Happy Lesbo 808,654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 268,771
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min June VanDerMark 573,560
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 608,096
sex (May '13) 1 hr xxx 82
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 1 hr Mantu 38
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 2 hr Responsibility 34
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr dubaimassage 200
More from around the web