Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#149024 Jan 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me say for a man of science that prides himself in facts. I would like to know where you retrieved those numbers. I donít recall the remains of the dead in the Exodus were ever weighed.......
Correct but you posted:-
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldnít happen to know what the average weight of a human skeleton?
My guess itís anywhere between 10 to 15 pounds.......
In actual fact you are not far off.

Now seeing how the number of people who went on the 40 year picnic was somewhere between 600,000 and a couple of million and the average life expectancy was about 40 years. The number of people who died on the trip was about equal to the starting population. Also, remember you said that they carried their dead with them.

So let us a nice round number of 1,000,000 people then the total mass of bones was:-

10-15,000,000lbs = 1,000,000 x (10 --> 15)

or somewhere between 6000-7000 tons. Now is it not a little odd that they have never been found? Don't you think that someone would have noticed a mass grave of 1,000,000 people.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#149025 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That liberty guy will be your friend as long as you agree with him. If not, he'll repeatedly call you a retard.
It's a typical liberal American standpoint: "I'm right, you're wrong. And I'll fight until you live your life just like me."
really?

and yet its
the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to dictate who can marry who. Conservatives want to be able to tell complete strangers who they can marry.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medical procedures a woman can have.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medications a woman can use.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what you can smoke and what you can't.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what religious dogma, symbology and prayers are acceptable in public and gov't buildings and land

when it comes to having gov't intrude on the private lives of adult U.S. citizens, I'd have to say the conservatives who are forcing others to live their lives according to conservative ideals
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#149026 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you are so rude you don't even comprehend your own rudeness, and sorry you do not see the cruelty in your words. Oh, I can go back and find those postings, have no fear, too bad you don't know enough regret to understand you should feel remorse for writing them!!
read Bible,and don't post cheap blind stupidity

Jews said before Jesus death to Pilatus
"His blood goes on us and our children.........
also what hitler did it?

God is creator of evil too,but uncontroled rebelious evil can be used against second wicked and vicious evils- traitors and murders of Jesus be their fathers

God learn something,and aks God if His son died for your dog to take him to a heaven and leave you heare on this earth

Understanding God is not to easy

But blaspheming God by different wicked bamblings is simple and easy for all churchoids,atheists,mockers, and wicked ones immoraly filthy lost 2/3 population of humankind

LOVE GOD AND HIS CHILDREN ALSO IS NOT TO EASY

BUT HATE GODS CHILDREN IS SIMPLE AND EASY TO POST,INSULTS,MOCK THEM AND SPEW AT THEIR TRUTH SAID STRAIGHT TO THE FACES OF EACH EARTHLY PERVERTS

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149027 Jan 20, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now seeing how the number of people who went on the 40 year picnic was somewhere between 600,000 and a couple of million and the average life expectancy was about 40 years. The number of people who died on the trip was about equal to the starting population. Also, remember you said that they carried their dead with them.
So let us a nice round number of 1,000,000 people then the total mass of bones was:-
or somewhere between 6000-7000 tons. Now is it not a little odd that they have never been found? Don't you think that someone would have noticed a mass grave of 1,000,000 people.
What makes you assume there'd be any remains left to find? Bones decompose, too. After several thousand years, they'd be indiscernible from the dirt.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#149028 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, i said if u did, i won't get offended, i'll do that much for u!
I don't get it, why would he think it's a joke? coz normally jokes start like that, is that why? if that is the joke, then that's not very funny, u gotta do better, Redneck!!
Yes, Clementine... That was the joke.

I can switch to dirty jokes if you like :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#149029 Jan 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
and yet its
the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to dictate who can marry who. Conservatives want to be able to tell complete strangers who they can marry.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medical procedures a woman can have.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what medications a woman can use.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what you can smoke and what you can't.
its the conservatives, not the liberals, who want to decide what religious dogma, symbology and prayers are acceptable in public and gov't buildings and land
when it comes to having gov't intrude on the private lives of adult U.S. citizens, I'd have to say the conservatives who are forcing others to live their lives according to conservative ideals
Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.

Liberals want the government out of their bedrooms, unless birth control is handed to them.

Liberals are ok with smoking pot, but cigarettes are a no-no. Now they're telling us where we can smoke.

Liberals are ok with abortion - as long as the woman getting the snort ion doesn't pay for it.

Liberals are ok with abortion, but against the death penalty.

Liberals claim to be environmentalists, but left 100 tons of trash at Obama's inauguration in '08. They are so proud to drive their hybrid cats made with Korean batteries that are produced with deadly products.

Liberals want organic food but them complain about the price.

Liberals want more jobs but then raise taxes.

Liberal women wear the loose pants in the relationship while liberal men wear the skinny jeans. Then the liberal woman cheats on her passive liberal twit with a real man.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149030 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>That is like asking you how do you know that round is not square! Do your not understand that the definition defines in either case so that satan could not be God and a square could not be round. Thinking is not only a concept, it is a brain condition which you must try.

One does not exist without the other and both of them in your mind.
Sure sounds like the same thing to me, just opposite sides of the same coin.

Location hidden

#149031 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you don't like all the meanings of Faith, but you have confident belief in something, whereas mine lies with my Creator, yours lies with science and their ideas and things. I have Faith in our Historians and Scribes, although I do believe that man(kind) has influenced some of the writings, so I read them with love in my heart, and care in my eyes. I care for the Father who gave us life to the point where I would like to make Him happy; and am happy with that path. You have Faith there is no need for Faith, thinking that your belief is only called a belief, but as you can see confident belief does equal something other than 2 words:)
Faith is ......
***faith - definition of faith by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. 2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence****
Exactly my point, science is not faith.
Because it relies on logical deductive reasoning , material evidence, empirical evidence , and observation.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#149032 Jan 20, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The information is available on the net about the historic burial grounds in Israel and surrounding area. There are several and some graves contain many family members.

Since: Sep 10

Malibu, CA

#149034 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.
Liberals want the government out of their bedrooms, unless birth control is handed to them.
Liberals are ok with smoking pot, but cigarettes are a no-no. Now they're telling us where we can smoke.
Liberals are ok with abortion - as long as the woman getting the snort ion doesn't pay for it.
Liberals are ok with abortion, but against the death penalty.
Liberals claim to be environmentalists, but left 100 tons of trash at Obama's inauguration in '08. They are so proud to drive their hybrid cats made with Korean batteries that are produced with deadly products.
Liberals want organic food but them complain about the price.
Liberals want more jobs but then raise taxes.
Liberal women wear the loose pants in the relationship while liberal men wear the skinny jeans. Then the liberal woman cheats on her passive liberal twit with a real man.
You are becoming a whiny baby.
yilbegan

Williamsburg, KY

#149036 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Which defines you on the side of satan and trying to justify that. Hitler did not think he was evil but indeed he was on the same side of the coin as you.
there is good in the worst of us and there is the potential for evil even in the best of us.

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?
UiidotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#149037 Jan 20, 2013
solopassage wrote:
No religious affiliation more likely to cause suicide. In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:
"Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived FEWER REASONS FOR LIVING, particularly FEWER MORAL OBJECTIONS TO SUICIDE. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
But more died in religion/wars on worldwide scale! Better read history on world wars and Religions, are interrelated.

Location hidden

#149038 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Which defines you on the side of satan and trying to justify that. Hitler did not think he was evil but indeed he was on the same side of the coin as you.
I'm sorry satan exists in YOUR mind, not mine.
Also if there is evil, it would be you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149039 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Clementine... That was the joke.
I can switch to dirty jokes if you like :)
Clementine?!?! Oh dear, i hope Catcher didn't notice!

Do something, do anything, it's snowing again, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE PRISON.....OH GOD, GIVE ME A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!

I probably won't get the dirty jokes for sure, but go on then, lets have 'em!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#149040 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine?!?! Oh dear, i hope Catcher didn't notice!
Do something, do anything, it's snowing again, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE PRISON.....OH GOD, GIVE ME A SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!
I probably won't get the dirty jokes for sure, but go on then, lets have 'em!!
You're the one that wants to live in England....

It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!

======

How are women and tornadoes alike?

They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.

=======

A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"

=======

Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#149041 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming a whiny baby.
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149042 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm working on becoming a whiny toddler...
Here's something we can whine about...another multiple shooting in New Mexico.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/teen-gu...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149045 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Another gay gone gay for sure.
You take idiocy to an entirely new level. I suppose congratulations are in order...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149046 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that wants to live in England....
It's 78 degrees & sunny here. Beautiful day!
======
How are women and tornadoes alike?
They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.
=======
A man and a woman started to have sex in the middle of a dark forest. After about 15 minutes of it, the man finally gets up and says, "Damn, I wish I had a flashlight!". The woman says, "Me too, you've been eating grass for the past ten minutes!"
=======
Did you hear they came out with a new lesbian shoe?
They're called Dikes. They have an extra long tongue and only take one finger to get off!
I never. When did i say that? I said i wanna move to america.

stop rubbing it in, it's depressing!!:'-(

hallelujah!!!!! i get them!! I'm not too sure about the grass one tho, how could u not know that u were eating grass?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#149048 Jan 20, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then you satanists have a choice, one is to leave and form your own country and the second is to get your BB guns and try to take this one from us.
See?

THERE'S the freaking out RR was talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min lil whispers 603,699
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min KayMarie 555,062
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min onemale 263,617
Side Effects of Hating Gays 33 min teresa005 6
San Diego Convention Center 1 hr andet198 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Dave Nelson 765,092
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 2 hr andet198 10
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE