Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148979 Jan 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Looks more as if atheists get upset when people don't follow the party line?
What party line?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148980 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Party!! Party!!!

Clementine, there's a party!

Let's go!!!

Hey Lincoln dude, where's the party?
Get in line.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#148981 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm left wondering how they stripped the dead down to bones. Takes a while for that to happen naturally.
Did they eat their dead?
Funny how godbots can always ignore simple things like ..... facts!!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148982 Jan 20, 2013
tiddlywinks wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists share a common goal to let everyone know how persecuted they are. How Christians shove their beliefs down their throats. Paradoxically, these pseudo geniuses are oblivious to the fact that since they label themselves atheists, no religion has been forced upon them. They are excercising their constitutional right (freedom of religion) not to practice any faith at all. Hello, is anybody in there?
When we go to public school and prayers are offered or crosses hung in classrooms, or when we go to city hall or a courtroom and the 10 commandments are displayed, we are being told that the government favors Christianity over all other beliefs and non belief as well.

That means that the government thinks less of atheists, and indeed those of ANY other religious beliefs, than it does of Christians.

"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Sweden

#148984 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm left wondering how they stripped the dead down to bones. Takes a while for that to happen naturally.
Did they eat their dead?
bbq party

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148985 Jan 20, 2013
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just dumb. These are living cells, living molecules and atoms. If not then they could not receive signals. You are stupid, we do not have a secular government. I suggest you read the Schemff vs Abbington School District supreme court decision. It says that the government is neutral, neither secular or religious and it can not favor or promote either.
The idea that the atoms that make up living things are different than the atoms that make up unloving things is as ancient as the bible.

I'm watching Deep Space Marvels right now on how life may have formed on Earth.

It's fascinating. I bet you couldn't even watch it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148986 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Because he's right how you people freak out when you see a cross?
You hate that we finally have a voice, don't you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148987 Jan 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>ItÂ’s not typical for one to leave tools at a campsite. Neither is it the norm to leave pottery laying around. These type of items go with the campers when they break camp.
Even when they break pottery?

I suppose they never broke a single clay pot or wore out a tool.

Either that or they took all the shards with them, right?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148989 Jan 20, 2013
You're doing the right thing by ignoring the bible.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers big ears ~ written a posting to Wilderide with my opinion on this :O)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148990 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that the atoms that make up living things are different than the atoms that make up unloving things is as ancient as the bible.
I'm watching Deep Space Marvels right now on how life may have formed on Earth.
It's fascinating. I bet you couldn't even watch it.
Unliving, not unloving.

Athough...

Nah.

That would include christians, and I think we all agree that they're living things.

“People say I look like him! ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#148991 Jan 20, 2013
Maybe not as much faith per se, but anything that might be missing by means for dedication is made up in the requirement of being able to resist the dogma and the harassment that atheists and agnostics constantly receive from people.

The people who are ultra-religious may mean well, but they end up coming off as religious zealots and becoming opposite or contrary beacons to the message they originally intended to portray or convey for the sake of conversion, their idea of what enlightenment opportunities are available, etc.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148992 Jan 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
It's not what you say in one sentence , it's that you keep saying sentences. AKA, no matter how much evidence that comes up that refutes what you believe. You will fabricate yet another reason why you should believe. The walls to your castle all propped up ,
to stop them from caving in on itself.
I'm sorry if using logic to back up my beliefs bothers you, but oh well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148993 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Prince Charming at it again..... are they too chicken siht to tell you your are one flipping rude dude, or aren't you worth the effort?
LMAO!

Naw, they never say nothing to liberty about being rude. In fact, Clementia is even PM-ing him.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148994 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ I wanna see it too ..... can I get you reported for your sicko jokes about laughing about my Sister being buried in the ground? Racist against the dead and those who can't defend themselves is pretty damned flipping low, but I guess you can really get down there, and I probably 'aint seen nothing yet!!
Come on Clem, lady, give us the link
Some people can dish it out, but they sure can't take it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148995 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they eat their dead?
No, they likely buried them. And after a few thousand years, there's nothing left but dust.

Strange.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148996 Jan 20, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how godbots can always ignore simple things like ..... facts!!!
I suppose you ignored the ....fact.... that bones decompose after just a few hundred years.

They turn to dust.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148997 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
When we go to public school and prayers are offered or crosses hung in classrooms, or when we go to city hall or a courtroom and the 10 commandments are displayed, we are being told that the government favors Christianity over all other beliefs and non belief as well.
That means that the government thinks less of atheists, and indeed those of ANY other religious beliefs, than it does of Christians.
"In god we trust" does not belong on our currency and "under god" does not belong in our pledge.
Can I get you a tissue?

LMAO this is where you atheists freak out.

"Oh no, there's a cross. I'm offended! WAAAH! I think I'll sue!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148998 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate that we finally have a voice, don't you.
What? I can't hear you...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148999 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if using logic to back up my beliefs bothers you, but oh well.
Don't be sorry.

You haven't used any logic yet.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#149000 Jan 20, 2013
Not only is the atheist's superhero, Richard Dawkins, a bigot but he is a coward as well. He wouldn't dare tour an Islamic country hawking his book, "The God Delusion", condemning Allah, Muhammad, Islam or Muslims. Oh, no! He values his pretty face enough to confine his rage against God within the comfort and safety of countries based on Christian principles to avoid a death contract like the one that kept Salman Rushdie hiding in seclusion for nine years.

Good old dunderheaded Dawkins can thank God that modern Christians are far more tolerant of irreligious rabble rousers than Muslim extremists otherwise he'd be surrounded with body guards and nervously looking over his shoulder 24/7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min lightbeamrider 175,640
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min pusherman_ 775,301
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min jethro8 559,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min truth 605,020
Is A Race War Brewing? 10 min yon 51
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min cheer the f up 119,656
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 16 min Johnny 1,023
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 265,147
More from around the web