Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
143,081 - 143,100 of 226,397 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148953 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, ok.
Sorry if you think I come off as mean. I'm just honest & blunt. That's my character. I don't put much thought into people's feelings.
I'm by no means racist. To be racist implies that you think your race is superior, I don't think that at all. So I tell racist jokes here & there. I see that as BIG DEAL. Was it the "towel-head" thing that pusses you off? I'm sure it wasn't any if the redneck jokes I've posted...
What do you think I'm ignorant of? One cannot be flat out ignorant of everything.
Of course God is capable of defending Himself, I'm here as a Christian voice to defend Christians, not God.
Oh my dear, my eyes are wide open. I see the world in a way you don't.
Don't be so quick to judge. It's suits you wrong.
Agree with your posting.... but think we should all try and have empathy to what the impact of our words will have on others! Hard to be the happy chappy all the time though, I have learned from experience :)
uIDIOTracemakewo rldpeace

United States

#148954 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people have forgotten that JESUS was hated by the rich and powerful and accordingly, tortured and executed, and it wasn't for not standing up for what was right.
**This is the only account of Jesus using physical force in any of the Gospels and is related to the topic of "but to bring a sword." The narrative occurs near the end of the Synoptic Gospels (at Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33, Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27 and Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8) and near the start in the Gospel of John (at John 2:13–16). Some scholars believe that these refer to two separate incidents, given that the Gospel of John also includes more than one Passover.[4]
In this episode, Jesus is stated to have visited the Temple in Jerusalem, Herod's Temple, where the courtyard is described as being filled with livestock and the tables of the money changers, who changed the standard Greek and Roman money for Jewish and Tyrian money.[1] Jerusalem was packed with Jews who had come for Passover, perhaps numbering 300,000 to 400,000 pilgrims.[5][6]
Creating a whip from some cords, "he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. But he said to those who sold doves,‘Get these out of here! Do not make My Father’s house a house of trade!’"[Jn 2:13-16]
Israel Museum model of Herod's Temple, referred to in John 2:13.
"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all of them who sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."
—Matthew 21:12-13 ****
We should spread the word of love, and we should turn the other cheek, but we don't have to allow people to mock and ridicule us purely because they have no comprehension of that which is inherent within. All of us.
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. KJV
And we do need to live GODly, as such, but the persecution of man(kind), if replaced by the love of GOD, is not a curse, but an honor :)
Are there any passage(s) in The Christian Bible you read is dirty...?

Are Christian's more moral and Superior in Intelligence over other races, or even Atheists, or over other religions?

Why did you pick Christian over other religions or beliefs...?

#148955 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, my presence here is permanent.
So be careful.
You just may find yourself under the white sheet.
(One piece of advice: Don't make a complete fool of yourself with the fish-evolving-into-a-man sort of argument.)
hahaha.... no, get down and boogy with the rock evolving into man argument; much flipping funnier LOL

#148956 Jan 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Like in Mein Kampf where he goes on and on about his religious faith and how important god is? Or his actions of killing the Jews as revenge for them killing Jesus? He called them Christ killers and he was going to make them pay for what they did to his messiah and god Jesus. Again where did he claim he was an atheist or even claim to no longer believe in god?
Hurry up retard! Wake up retard! Hey wake up riverside retard and eat your retarded breakfast before someone flushes!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Prince Charming at it again..... are they too chicken siht to tell you your are one flipping rude dude, or aren't you worth the effort?

#148957 Jan 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what I wrote would fly right over your head, and that you would continue your mindless rant.
Produce a deity not a rumor of one and we will be inclined to "believe". Until then we simply "do not believe".
Nor do we believe you can possibly believe any different, being the brainwashed idiot you are.
I'm stepping up a notch ~ everyone seems to be wanting to let people know they are rude and ignorant at the moment, but it's one sided, so I'm helping with the balance...... Very rude crap posting, AM, and not worth reading or actually writing. Having thoughts that tell your fingers to write such trash must really be mentally challenging :(

#148958 Jan 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The riverside retard is upset we don't believe in his retarded god. And trust me nothing has retarded the human race like god and religion.
<quoted text>
One some back????? Puhlease ~ you're just not worth the effort...... but at least we know who cares about what in here, don't we??

#148959 Jan 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Clem lady can you show me where he made this racist joke perhaps page and post number so it can be properly reported?
Thanks so much :)
<quoted text>
Yeah ~ I wanna see it too ..... can I get you reported for your sicko jokes about laughing about my Sister being buried in the ground? Racist against the dead and those who can't defend themselves is pretty damned flipping low, but I guess you can really get down there, and I probably 'aint seen nothing yet!!

Come on Clem, lady, give us the link

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148960 Jan 20, 2013
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just dumb. These are living cells, living molecules and atoms. If not then they could not receive signals. You are stupid, we do not have a secular government. I suggest you read the Schemff vs Abbington School District supreme court decision. It says that the government is neutral, neither secular or religious and it can not favor or promote either.

Secular is neutral dipwad.

#148961 Jan 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is no faith
It is having faith in the faith there is no faith..... so it is a faith

Location hidden

#148962 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm stepping up a notch ~ everyone seems to be wanting to let people know they are rude and ignorant at the moment, but it's one sided, so I'm helping with the balance...... Very rude crap posting, AM, and not worth reading or actually writing. Having thoughts that tell your fingers to write such trash must really be mentally challenging :(
No what is rude is for you to try to tell me that not having a belief, is a belief. We get tired f theists telling us how we interpret our non-belief, if I'm rude sorry.
But I will never try to tell you what you believe, but would ask you instead.

Location hidden

#148963 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is having faith in the faith there is no faith..... so it is a faith

See what I mean? Rude , you should ask not tell us .
I don't tell you what you believe.

#148964 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on the prove a God thread, one was about black people and the other was when he called Muslims towel-heads and i said to him i'm a sikh, we wear turbans more than Muslims do, but he told me not to get offended.
I'll try and find the page number, liberty guy!:-)
Towel Heads? I guess you know there is war happening and there is a lot more tougher stuff going on than being called a Towel Head. Have you thought of protesting against war and killing?

Americans are allowed to call people Black, although in Australia that is a racist comment.***African Americans[3](also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, and formerly as American Negroes) are citizens or residents of the United States who have total or partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.[4] The term is not usually used for black residents of other countries in the Americas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American ***

#148965 Jan 20, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, you're so thoroughly indoctinated by science's fictions, I bet you tossed your laptop out the window just to see if it was intelligent enough to evolve into a bird.
Yes ~ the quickly becoming extinct bird through failure to adapt worked out a new plan ~ quickly change their DNA (by mutating the right ones) to that of a solar powered laptop, knowing they are bound to be auto adapting with the new technology in the making!! There is so much evidence of all this adaptation, that something has to be going on somewhere, today, as we write,'cause something that smart sure as heck just woudn't stop, without a reason :)

#148966 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say your jokes are for the light-hearted, meant just for fun.
But they are nevertheless rude, which makes you rude.
I didn't say "that bigot RR."
Although you do give the impression of being something of a bigot.
Mirror image.......you also give the impression of being a bigot.

***a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.***

#148967 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What, u got little feet? u know what they say about men with little feet, don't ya!!! ;-)
heheheheheheehheeeeeeeeeeeeee heh hehe heh heheheee
is that your laugh? hurts my eyes and my ears

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148968 Jan 20, 2013
Nothing I said there was rude you schizo. Take your medicine already and get over the fact that we don't believe in your retarded god.

Hitler called the Jews Christ killers and he was going I make them pay. It's just a fact. Sorry if the voices in your head disagree.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Prince Charming at it again..... are they too chicken siht to tell you your are one flipping rude dude, or aren't you worth the effort?

#148969 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what's to understand about hillbilly's, i seen american films, u know!
i get that, that's funny! we always take the piss out of ourselves.
Where did u get these jokes?
Did u here the one about a sardar ji going to see the pope or something?
I Googled it and thought it very funny.....

***About a century or two ago, the Pope decided that all the Sikhs had to leave Italy .

Naturally there was a big uproar from the Sikh community.

So the Pope made a deal.

He would have a religious debate with a single chosen member of the Sikh community.

If the Sikh won in the debate, the Sikhs could stay.

If the Pope won, the Sikhs would leave.

The Sikhs realized that they had no choice.

So, they picked a middle-aged man named Manjeet Singh to represent them. manjeet asked for one condition to the debate - neither side would be allowed to talk. They could only make gestures to make the opposite side understand their view points. The Pope agreed to this.

The day of the great debate came.

Manjeet Singh and the Pope sat opposite each other for a full minute.

Then the Pope raised his hand and showed three fingers.

Manjeet looked back at him and raised one finger.

The Pope waved his fingers in a circle around his head.

Manjeet pointed to the ground where he sat.

The Pope pulled out a wafer and a glass of wine.

Manjeet pulled out an apple.

The Pope stood up and said,

"I give up. This man is too good. The Sikhs can stay."

An hour later, the cardinals were gathered around the Pope asking him what had happened. The Pope said, "First I held up three fingers to represent the Holy Trinity.

He responded by holding up one finger to remind me that there was still One God common to both our religions.

Then, I waved my finger around me to show him that God was all around us.

He responded by pointing to the ground and showing that God was also right here with us.

Then, I pulled out the wine and wafer to show that God absolves us from our sins.

He pulled out an apple to remind me of original sin.

He had an answer for everything. What could I do?"

Meanwhile, the Sikh community had crowded around manjeet Singh.

"What happened?" they asked. "Well," said manjeet, "First he said to me that the Sikhs had three days to get out of here.

I told him not one of us was leaving.

Then he told me that this whole city would be cleared of Sikhs.

I let him know that we were staying right here."

"Yes, and then???" asked the crowd.

"I don't know", said manjeet, "He took out his lunch, and I took out mine!":

http://www.urdushanas.com/showthread.php... ***

#148970 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you'd have to first understand hillbillys before you can understand the joke.
Why did 18 sardarjis go to a movie?
Because below 18 was not allowed.
A sardarji was filling up an application form for a job. He promptly filled the columns titled NAME,AGE,ADDRESS etc.
Then he came to the column Salary Expected : He was not sure as to what to be filled there. After much thought he wrote : Yes
I carried on and read a few..... good prompting LOL. I had a Sikh lady (Jasmine) staying with me for 3 months and we got on well. She brought me back a pack of Tarot Cards, a Scarf and a nice hand made bag from India after a holiday there. I had told her there was some jewelry in the family from her grandfather, like a ring or something, and she didn't think there was. She talked to her Mother about it, and found out there was a watch he had left. She brought the watch back with her too, and also lent me a book, Eat Pray Love, written by Elizabeth Gilbert, that perhaps it is time for me to read!! Just got it out of the Cupboard of Treasures 'cause I couldn't remember the name :O)

#148971 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, not just yourself, u can take the piss outta anyone or thing.
It's sometimes said in a serious way too. like when i ask my papa to take me somewhere and i'm taking too long getting ready or something, my papa says, "stop talking the piss/mickey and hurry the hell up" or he'll say, "stop pissin' around and get in the bloody car!"
Must be why you swear so much..... can't stand that word myself, very crass and brass, if you get my meaning.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148972 Jan 20, 2013
Racist against the dead? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a! Schizo you are something else! And generally we bury the dead in the ground so what is your problem? Was your so called burned to death sister cremated and not buried? If she was cremated I am sorry but in that case after death she would just be ashes in an urn.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ I wanna see it too ..... can I get you reported for your sicko jokes about laughing about my Sister being buried in the ground? Racist against the dead and those who can't defend themselves is pretty damned flipping low, but I guess you can really get down there, and I probably 'aint seen nothing yet!!
Come on Clem, lady, give us the link

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min seriously the ori... 539,243
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Tide with Beach 733,276
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min An NFL Fan 118,015
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min dirty white boy- 600,021
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr Don 91
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 2 hr Suzie-C 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr playful 756
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ1 258,090
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 4 hr Jojo 29
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE