Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
UidtiotRaceMakew orldpeace

United States

#148938 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Party!! Party!!!
Clementine, there's a party!
Let's go!!!
Hey Lincoln dude, where's the party?
I think he talking about 1-900 party lin(e) dial extention (e) to Xtain hell.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#148939 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Party!! Party!!!
Clementine, there's a party!
Let's go!!!
Hey Lincoln dude, where's the party?
Uu-Oh-Uu...Uu-Oh-Uu!!!!!!!!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#148940 Jan 19, 2013
Oh pajama bottoms, oh pajama bottoms,
I wonder if the neighbor got em',
maybe they lay in the back of my Chevrolet,
I do not know, I cannot say.

Can you say, friend,
does my bulge offend?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148941 Jan 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What makes it hard , is when you create logical fallacy to support the myth you choose to believe.
You make shit up to cover the holes in the story.
Such is the desperation of patching up belief, even when faced with impossibility, you will fabricate a band aid to hold your belief together.
What? Why is it a logical fallacy that bones decompose? Do you think I'm making that up?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148942 Jan 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Good daughters do not say the f word to their father, it doesn't matter what country they're from!!
You're right. My boys would never talk down to me like that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#148943 Jan 19, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Show me *one* atom in your body that is alive. For that matter, show me *one* molecule that is alive. Yet *you* are made from these pieces of 'dead matter'. So, yes,'dead matter' can produce life.
2) Ever hear of quantum fluctuations? They are an observed phenomenon where something does, indeed, come from nothing.
<quoted text>
No, we are simply sick and tired of religious nuts thinking they can control everything in a *secular* society. You get to play your religious games in your churches, synagogues, and at home. For that matter, you can but a *private* building and do whatever you want with it: put up crèches, crosses, and any religious symbol you feel like. Nobody is attempting to take that right away from you. I would even fight to support it.
BUT, you cannot ask the *government*, even in the guise of public schools, to promote your viewpoint. You cannot have your religious viewpoint dictated to others at *government sponsored* events. So, no, you should not be able to place the Ten Commandments inside a courthouse. You can place them in your church. You cannot have Christian prayers said at school functions. You can do that at home or in church. We have a *secular* government that cannot and should not take any stance on religious questions whatsoever. The government represents *everyone* whether they are religious or not and should keep strict neutrality in regards to anything religious. And that even includes the central question of whether deities exist.
Here we go again with the victim card rhetoric. "Woe is me...those bullying Christians refuse to acknowledge my special atheist sensitivities and needs." Sniff...snort. The motto IN GOD WE TRUST placed on United States currency by the government itself renders your argument about the separation of church and state a moot point. If you can accept a Catholic nun in a habit, or a Muslim in Islamic religious apparel walking on your secular streets, you can accept a crèche in front of a courthouse for a brief time during the Christmas season.

What would an atheist know of the nature of atoms when he believes scientific myths? Something comes from nothing, there are no absolutes, natural selection is a creative process not a selective one, scientific hypotheses are physical laws in the making, the scientific method is a universal principle and can answer all questions, evidence always results in truth, scientists are always objective, peer review keeps scientists honest etc. etc.

If atheist forums prove anything, it's that atheists are generally intolerant quarrelsome, socially challenged people, who are unable to present a coherent definition of their beliefs, let alone, an intelligent reason why they choose to deny God.
tiddlywinks

UK

#148944 Jan 19, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with the victim card rhetoric. "Woe is me...those bullying Christians refuse to acknowledge my special atheist sensitivities and needs." Sniff...snort. The motto IN GOD WE TRUST placed on United States currency by the government itself renders your argument about the separation of church and state a moot point. If you can accept a Catholic nun in a habit, or a Muslim in Islamic religious apparel walking on your secular streets, you can accept a crèche in front of a courthouse for a brief time during the Christmas season.
What would an atheist know of the nature of atoms when he believes scientific myths? Something comes from nothing, there are no absolutes, natural selection is a creative process not a selective one, scientific hypotheses are physical laws in the making, the scientific method is a universal principle and can answer all questions, evidence always results in truth, scientists are always objective, peer review keeps scientists honest etc. etc.
If atheist forums prove anything, it's that atheists are generally intolerant quarrelsome, socially challenged people, who are unable to present a coherent definition of their beliefs, let alone, an intelligent reason why they choose to deny God.
Atheists share a common goal to let everyone know how persecuted they are. How Christians shove their beliefs down their throats. Paradoxically, these pseudo geniuses are oblivious to the fact that since they label themselves atheists, no religion has been forced upon them. They are excercising their constitutional right (freedom of religion) not to practice any faith at all. Hello, is anybody in there?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148945 Jan 19, 2013
So you would be cool with Christian children being told they had to pray to Allah on a prayer rug in class? How about they would have to participate in a pagan ritual to the moon god?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148946 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Why is it a logical fallacy that bones decompose? Do you think I'm making that up?

It's not what you say in one sentence , it's that you keep saying sentences. AKA, no matter how much evidence that comes up that refutes what you believe. You will fabricate yet another reason why you should believe. The walls to your castle all propped up ,
to stop them from caving in on itself.
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

#148947 Jan 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn’t happen to know what the average weight of a human skeleton?
My guess it’s anywhere between 10 to 15 pounds. You do realize after decomposition that’s all that’s left is hair and bones? Not really a lot of weight to carry by a group of men.
I’m not going to call you a dumbass or stupid such as you did to me. But I will say that you are close minded to plausible possibilities simply because it goes against your ideology.
It’s incredible the lengths some people will go to shore up their weak and vulnerable ideology. I mean what are you afraid of to admit it’s not out of the realm of possibility for Israel to have taken their dead with them?
Since you claim you are a biblical scholar. You do remember when Jacob died he was transported from Egypt to his homeland in Canaan where he was buried?
Genesis 50:
5.“My father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.”
6.“And Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.”
I did not call you a dumbass! I called the stupid people who did not believe you, a dembass!

We all know that a body will decompose overnight in the desert, right?

And we all know that God sent Mana to Moses and the former slaves, so really, they never aged! No one died on the 40 year journey! And since God gave them Mana and water, they had no pottery!

You see; I believe you! There is no evidence, because there was none to leave!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148948 Jan 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the Bible is misogynistic is not an opinion. Nor is the fact that it is also racist, homophobic, supports slavery, genocide, incest, and ethnic cleansing. It's all in there.
You're gonna love this then ~ my working week (and taking on extra work to get my own work done quicker) has been cut down to a 9 day fortnight, although they are happy for me to have nearly a week with no pressure because they like my reports, and my work ethics. I give the Board of Directors their financials each month, am a Quality Auditor and use efficiently, Work Instructions & Procedures to make sure I use time to the best of my ability.

So, I am intending to use one of these days a fortnight to hold Spiritual Workshops ~ and use the Cards, Oracles, Crystals, Oil and knowledge accordingly (I also have Rune Stones, Romanian Scrolls, Aromatherapy Oils and information on additives and chemicals on hand).

Of course, my Holy Bible holds first place and sits at the Head of the Table, and everything I know I can link back, one way or another, to the Bible. I have an Indian Healing Wand across my Bible, not a traditional one as such, but one with the Crystals set across the Wand and certainly, a grand energy.

I have discussed using other means to get the Spiritual messages across with Ministers and representatives of GOD as such, and they feel that the Bible is the only Tool we need. Of course, I agree; it is. But not all love it when one opens their Bible, and will perhaps run the other way instead, but in their eyes, this is of no consequence, and in my eyes, it is.

So, am I attempting to teach a man anything I know about Scriptures? Not at all...... but I can assure you, there will be many who think I am evil because I believe GOD won't mind how I tell of HIM, as long as I do my telling, in my way, and the way that I know best.

We are our own Masters; which ever it is we are Mastering! IMO of course :)

#148950 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way have I demonstrated that I think I'm above God?
In what way have I demonstrated that I spread hate?
I think people have forgotten that JESUS was hated by the rich and powerful and accordingly, tortured and executed, and it wasn't for not standing up for what was right.
**This is the only account of Jesus using physical force in any of the Gospels and is related to the topic of "but to bring a sword." The narrative occurs near the end of the Synoptic Gospels (at Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33, Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27 and Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8) and near the start in the Gospel of John (at John 2:13–16). Some scholars believe that these refer to two separate incidents, given that the Gospel of John also includes more than one Passover.[4]
In this episode, Jesus is stated to have visited the Temple in Jerusalem, Herod's Temple, where the courtyard is described as being filled with livestock and the tables of the money changers, who changed the standard Greek and Roman money for Jewish and Tyrian money.[1] Jerusalem was packed with Jews who had come for Passover, perhaps numbering 300,000 to 400,000 pilgrims.[5][6]
Creating a whip from some cords, "he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. But he said to those who sold doves,‘Get these out of here! Do not make My Father’s house a house of trade!’"[Jn 2:13-16]
Israel Museum model of Herod's Temple, referred to in John 2:13.
"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all of them who sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."
—Matthew 21:12-13 ****
We should spread the word of love, and we should turn the other cheek, but we don't have to allow people to mock and ridicule us purely because they have no comprehension of that which is inherent within. All of us.
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. KJV
And we do need to live GODly, as such, but the persecution of man(kind), if replaced by the love of GOD, is not a curse, but an honor :)

#148951 Jan 20, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u r ignorant, u r mean, racist, u say things and don't even understand u r hurting someone's feelings. You would probably get more hurt if i called God or Jesus names then if i called Catcher names and started picking on him. You would probably laugh at his pain.
Why do u people feel the need to defend God, when he is capable of defending himself? Why can't u see the pain of human-beings, but u believe u feel the pain of God? You love God but u don't love his creation! You walk around with your eyes closed, but u think u can see!
You know, when posters laughed and joked about my Sister (the one burned to death at 2 and a half) rotting in the ground, some said it was cruel and not many laughed, but no-one said much of anything.

We don't know each other ~ we are in here, for what ever reason we see fit, and we will be judged by what we write. I don't expect you to support anything I write, but you obviously don't really care about other's feelings, unless it suits you, because I have seen some shocking stuff written in here.

A Christian does have to turn the other cheek and we are only Christians because of our Natures; and in reality, we don't even have the right to Judge anyone as a Christian because that sort of Judgement sits where it should; with GOD and JESUS.

Your posting in itself is probably hurtful ~ so in reality, you are the kettle calling the pot black??

No

#148952 Jan 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Timothy 2:12
So STFU or do the right thing: disobey your bible.
<quoted text>
Cheers big ears ~ written a posting to Wilderide with my opinion on this :O)

#148953 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, ok.
Sorry if you think I come off as mean. I'm just honest & blunt. That's my character. I don't put much thought into people's feelings.
I'm by no means racist. To be racist implies that you think your race is superior, I don't think that at all. So I tell racist jokes here & there. I see that as BIG DEAL. Was it the "towel-head" thing that pusses you off? I'm sure it wasn't any if the redneck jokes I've posted...
What do you think I'm ignorant of? One cannot be flat out ignorant of everything.
Of course God is capable of defending Himself, I'm here as a Christian voice to defend Christians, not God.
Oh my dear, my eyes are wide open. I see the world in a way you don't.
Don't be so quick to judge. It's suits you wrong.
Agree with your posting.... but think we should all try and have empathy to what the impact of our words will have on others! Hard to be the happy chappy all the time though, I have learned from experience :)
uIDIOTracemakewo rldpeace

United States

#148954 Jan 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people have forgotten that JESUS was hated by the rich and powerful and accordingly, tortured and executed, and it wasn't for not standing up for what was right.
**This is the only account of Jesus using physical force in any of the Gospels and is related to the topic of "but to bring a sword." The narrative occurs near the end of the Synoptic Gospels (at Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33, Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27 and Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8) and near the start in the Gospel of John (at John 2:13–16). Some scholars believe that these refer to two separate incidents, given that the Gospel of John also includes more than one Passover.[4]
In this episode, Jesus is stated to have visited the Temple in Jerusalem, Herod's Temple, where the courtyard is described as being filled with livestock and the tables of the money changers, who changed the standard Greek and Roman money for Jewish and Tyrian money.[1] Jerusalem was packed with Jews who had come for Passover, perhaps numbering 300,000 to 400,000 pilgrims.[5][6]
Creating a whip from some cords, "he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. But he said to those who sold doves,‘Get these out of here! Do not make My Father’s house a house of trade!’"[Jn 2:13-16]
Israel Museum model of Herod's Temple, referred to in John 2:13.
"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all of them who sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."
—Matthew 21:12-13 ****
We should spread the word of love, and we should turn the other cheek, but we don't have to allow people to mock and ridicule us purely because they have no comprehension of that which is inherent within. All of us.
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. KJV
And we do need to live GODly, as such, but the persecution of man(kind), if replaced by the love of GOD, is not a curse, but an honor :)
Are there any passage(s) in The Christian Bible you read is dirty...?

Are Christian's more moral and Superior in Intelligence over other races, or even Atheists, or over other religions?

Why did you pick Christian over other religions or beliefs...?

#148955 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, my presence here is permanent.
So be careful.
You just may find yourself under the white sheet.
(One piece of advice: Don't make a complete fool of yourself with the fish-evolving-into-a-man sort of argument.)
hahaha.... no, get down and boogy with the rock evolving into man argument; much flipping funnier LOL

#148956 Jan 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Like in Mein Kampf where he goes on and on about his religious faith and how important god is? Or his actions of killing the Jews as revenge for them killing Jesus? He called them Christ killers and he was going to make them pay for what they did to his messiah and god Jesus. Again where did he claim he was an atheist or even claim to no longer believe in god?
Hurry up retard! Wake up retard! Hey wake up riverside retard and eat your retarded breakfast before someone flushes!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Prince Charming at it again..... are they too chicken siht to tell you your are one flipping rude dude, or aren't you worth the effort?

#148957 Jan 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what I wrote would fly right over your head, and that you would continue your mindless rant.
Produce a deity not a rumor of one and we will be inclined to "believe". Until then we simply "do not believe".
Nor do we believe you can possibly believe any different, being the brainwashed idiot you are.
I'm stepping up a notch ~ everyone seems to be wanting to let people know they are rude and ignorant at the moment, but it's one sided, so I'm helping with the balance...... Very rude crap posting, AM, and not worth reading or actually writing. Having thoughts that tell your fingers to write such trash must really be mentally challenging :(

#148958 Jan 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The riverside retard is upset we don't believe in his retarded god. And trust me nothing has retarded the human race like god and religion.
<quoted text>
One some back????? Puhlease ~ you're just not worth the effort...... but at least we know who cares about what in here, don't we??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kelly bright 2 min bigbadwolf91869 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 773,426
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 10 min Sniper II 95
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min truth 558,852
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min truth 5,704
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 30 min Ruby88 53,246
Snow in Chicago! 44 min andet1987 21
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min AussieBobby 264,978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web