Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148918 Jan 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're in favor of eugenics.
That was one of hitler's pet projects.
Lol, no I'm not.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#148919 Jan 19, 2013
Nobody is impressed with your retarded rant about your retarded god. The same god who thought men could build a tower tall enough to reach his living room!

You are a chumpstain nothing more, not fit to bag groceries.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And yet science would have you believe that dead matter produces life, that something from nothing is a valid idea.
You atheists are a pathetic lot. Easily reduced to a quivering heap of incoherent sniveling over the mere mention of God. Chronic bellyachers, filing lawsuits under the guise of impinged civil liberties because of your delicate feelings. "Oh, but judge, but judge, I saw a cross and it filled me with fear and loathing." "The words ĎIn God we Trustí on american currency hurts my feelings." "I just canít sleep knowing there is a manger scene at the courthouse." "The sight of the Ten Commandments makes me wet my pants." "I have to pay for the cost of therapy due to recurring nightmares about a monster God trying to get me."
We hear your rage against religion and see it for what it is, a product of your own wild imagination and insecurities.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148920 Jan 19, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And yet science would have you believe that dead matter produces life, that something from nothing is a valid idea.
You atheists are a pathetic lot. Easily reduced to a quivering heap of incoherent sniveling over the mere mention of God. Chronic bellyachers, filing lawsuits under the guise of impinged civil liberties because of your delicate feelings. "Oh, but judge, but judge, I saw a cross and it filled me with fear and loathing." "The words ĎIn God we Trustí on american currency hurts my feelings." "I just canít sleep knowing there is a manger scene at the courthouse." "The sight of the Ten Commandments makes me wet my pants." "I have to pay for the cost of therapy due to recurring nightmares about a monster God trying to get me."
We hear your rage against religion and see it for what it is, a product of your own wild imagination and insecurities.
Nice.

Now watch them all call you retarded or a cristard or whatever.

This'll be funny.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148921 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
Now watch them all call you retarded or a cristard or whatever.
This'll be funny.
He's retarded even for a christard.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148922 Jan 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He's retarded even for a christard.
Why? Because he's right how you people freak out when you see a cross?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#148923 Jan 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're in favor of eugenics.
That was one of hitler's pet projects.
Actually, Germany followed our lead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#148924 Jan 19, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Show me *one* atom in your body that is alive. For that matter, show me *one* molecule that is alive. Yet *you* are made from these pieces of 'dead matter'. So, yes,'dead matter' can produce life.

2) Ever hear of quantum fluctuations? They are an observed phenomenon where something does, indeed, come from nothing.
No, we are simply sick and tired of religious nuts thinking they can control everything in a *secular* society. You get to play your religious games in your churches, synagogues, and at home. For that matter, you can but a *private* building and do whatever you want with it: put up crŤches, crosses, and any religious symbol you feel like. Nobody is attempting to take that right away from you. I would even fight to support it.

BUT, you cannot ask the *government*, even in the guise of public schools, to promote your viewpoint. You cannot have your religious viewpoint dictated to others at *government sponsored* events. So, no, you should not be able to place the Ten Commandments inside a courthouse. You can place them in your church. You cannot have Christian prayers said at school functions. You can do that at home or in church. We have a *secular* government that cannot and should not take any stance on religious questions whatsoever. The government represents *everyone* whether they are religious or not and should keep strict neutrality in regards to anything religious. And that even includes the central question of whether deities exist.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#148925 Jan 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention of pottery or tools that should have been left behind.
Duck12 is in chronic denial.
Itís not typical for one to leave tools at a campsite. Neither is it the norm to leave pottery laying around. These type of items go with the campers when they break camp.

Southern Illinois

#148926 Jan 19, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
More clueless BS
And this comment is coming from the guy who has a BS degree?

Southern Illinois

#148927 Jan 19, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dumbasses. Don't you know that when a person dies in the desert, it's like, "poof!" and all the skin and muscles turn to dust! Then the bones shrink down to pocket size! Duh! Gwad are you people stupid!
You wouldnít happen to know what the average weight of a human skeleton?

My guess itís anywhere between 10 to 15 pounds. You do realize after decomposition thatís all thatís left is hair and bones? Not really a lot of weight to carry by a group of men.

Iím not going to call you a dumbass or stupid such as you did to me. But I will say that you are close minded to plausible possibilities simply because it goes against your ideology.

Itís incredible the lengths some people will go to shore up their weak and vulnerable ideology. I mean what are you afraid of to admit itís not out of the realm of possibility for Israel to have taken their dead with them?

Since you claim you are a biblical scholar. You do remember when Jacob died he was transported from Egypt to his homeland in Canaan where he was buried?

Genesis 50:

5.ďMy father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.Ē

6.ďAnd Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.Ē

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148928 Jan 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess itís anywhere between 10 to 15 pounds. You do realize after decomposition thatís all thatís left is hair and bones? Not really a lot of weight to carry by a group of men.
Iím not going to call you a dumbass or stupid such as you did to me. But I will say that you are close minded to plausible possibilities simply because it goes against your ideology.
Itís incredible the lengths some people will go to shore up their weak and vulnerable ideology. I mean what are you afraid of to admit itís not out of the realm of possibility for Israel to have taken their dead with them?
Since you claim you are a biblical scholar. You do remember when Jacob died he was transported from Egypt to his homeland in Canaan where he was buried?
Genesis 50:
5.ďMy father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.Ē
6.ďAnd Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.Ē
Maybe they think that bones don't decompose....

Maybe they think that all bones become fossilized....

Silly athitards.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148929 Jan 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 50:
The Hebrew did revere the bones of the dead, but the real problem
with the exodus tail is in the actual chronology of events along the way. The actual history of conquest of cities and the alleged timeline by Moses written in the bible do not match.
In fact what is written to have occurred in 40 years, was actually a period of over 1000 years. Now if we were to even believe people ever lived 800 years , it would stretch that figure by 1/5th.
Are you to have us believe Moses lived for over 1000 years?

I think not, I think your historical event is not only exaggerated,
but in fact mostly a complete fabrication. It did however serve it's purpose for many years, which was the motivation of the Hebrew people. In fact it was so good at motivating people, the religion was copied and sprang into two more complete belief systems.

Knowing what we know now, we do know how these tales were used to create an alignment to a common cause. the very same tactic your Christianity used to forge an empire. Yes knowing is not without question , believing is to follow without question.
You choose to believe, we choose to question belief.
We find truth from myth by questioning , you find myth the truth without question.

Location hidden

#148930 Jan 19, 2013
tail/tale

Location hidden

#148931 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they think that bones don't decompose....
Maybe they think that all bones become fossilized....
Silly athitards.
What makes it hard , is when you create logical fallacy to support the myth you choose to believe.
You make shit up to cover the holes in the story.
Such is the desperation of patching up belief, even when faced with impossibility, you will fabricate a band aid to hold your belief together.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#148932 Jan 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I still haven't received any Pm from you love. Are you sure you sent me one? My inbox is empty and lonely. Pm me again.
<quoted text>
CHECK PM, LIBERTY GUY!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#148933 Jan 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts=testicles
Good daughters do not say the f word to their father, it doesn't matter what country they're from!!

i got that but what does spanner mean?
Udiotracemakewor ldPeace

United States

#148934 Jan 19, 2013
Oops !

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#148935 Jan 19, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 50:
So, if they carried their bones with them where did they put the 10-15,000,000 pounds of bones when they got to the "promised land"?
Lincoln

United States

#148936 Jan 19, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so the existence of people who don't believe in your deity nor follow your religion really scares you that much. Your entire rant is one strawman fallacy after another.
It must be hate or fear that drive you to lie so much about a whole group of people like that. And since your religion supposedly teaches you to not hate, it must be fear.
Looks more as if atheists get upset when people don't follow the party line?

Since: Sep 10

Malibu, CA

#148937 Jan 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more as if atheists get upset when people don't follow the party line?
Party!! Party!!!

Clementine, there's a party!

Let's go!!!

Hey Lincoln dude, where's the party?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 9 min Les Belles Chauss... 1,254
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min dirty white boy- 764,992
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min who 263,551
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 35 min truth 7
Illuminati Check-mate Games And More 1 hr Marty Fong 1
Leviathan 666....Started On November 23, 2014 1 hr Marty Fong 5
President Obama Seals The Fate Of Americans 1 hr Marty Fong 30
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 2 hr Johnny 924
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 554,982
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr mike 603,646