Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 242983 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148593 Jan 17, 2013
You can be equal if you dump the misogynist bible.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I meant tell me why we can't be equals LOL
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148594 Jan 17, 2013
Top half or bottom half?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww!
I made half a snowman yesterday and now i got cold!:-(

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148595 Jan 17, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Considering one lives a full life. Which is longer, seven years of slavery or a entire lifetime of slavery?
How long have YOU been a slave?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148596 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Assistant door greeter he dreams to one day reach door greeter skill.
Still waiting for that quote where Hitler calls himself an atheist. Any year now pussyassbitch any year now.
You're a sad little troll.
When did I say that Hitler called himself an atheist?
I'll wait.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148597 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He pulled it out of his buttermilk chugging @ss. Hitler was a lifelong Christian and never once claimed himself to be an atheist. He is using the sad old whoever was bad must have been an atheist because I don't like atheists shtick.
No, I'm going off of Hitler's own words.

And not the propaganda words he used in public in order to get elected, I mean Hitler's private words. He hated Christianity & thought it was the blight of humanity.

You're an odd troll but a troll none the less.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148598 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
God allowed Noah to enslave his own son and all of his children for their entire lives all because he found Noah drunk.
<quoted text>
You need to stop reading the Bible like it's one of your Hairy Pooter books....

What you're referring to is a prophecy, which came true btw, in the times of Joshua, when the Israelites, who came from Shem, conquered the land of Canaan, killed thirty of their kings, and took their cities and kept them as their own.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148599 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop reading the Bible like it's one of your Hairy Pooter books....
What you're referring to is a prophecy, which came true btw, in the times of Joshua, when the Israelites, who came from Shem, conquered the land of Canaan, killed thirty of their kings, and took their cities and kept them as their own.
A prophecy written after the fact is called a legend.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148600 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
in the times of Joshua, when the Israelites, who came from Shem, conquered the land of Canaan, killed thirty of their kings, and took their cities and kept them as their own.
First this is not history but legend and highly dubious at that.

Second the conquest of Canaan as a story we would today call genocide, it is repulsive and insane, and should be regarded with complete contempt by any rational thinking person.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#148601 Jan 17, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First this is not history but legend and highly dubious at that.
Second the conquest of Canaan as a story we would today call genocide, it is repulsive and insane, and should be regarded with complete contempt by any rational thinking person.
Why is genocide wrong in an atheistic worldview?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148602 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is genocide wrong in an atheistic worldview?
Because our species evolved a social trait called empathy, which is very common in all mammals, and even some insects.
Pat

Granby, CT

#148603 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is genocide wrong in an atheistic worldview?
How is the golden rule linked to an irrational belief in gods?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148604 Jan 17, 2013
You claimed Hitler was an atheist remember retard? Do you remember stating that retard? I asked for you to show where Hitler ever referred to himself as an atheist and you cherry picked a out of a huge stack of his pro religion comments the rare negative comments he made. That doesn't make him an atheist it just means he at times grew weary of religious leaders. Are you able to understand that retard drinking river water?

Again for you to back up your claim that he was an atheist you will be required to show him stating he was an atheist. Otherwise all you have is your imagination. Much like all you have for the proof of god is your imagination so hey! Lol!

Hurry up retard either show where hitler called himself an atheist or be factually crushed, again.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a sad little troll.
When did I say that Hitler called himself an atheist?
I'll wait.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148605 Jan 17, 2013
Apologetic nonsense. Hey while you are looking up where Hitler claimed to be an atheist let's have another laugh at your expense ok retard?

RR: Catholics are not Christians!
GML; what is the largest Christian church?
RR: The Catholic Church of course! Errr uh uh ... Dammit!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop reading the Bible like it's one of your Hairy Pooter books....
What you're referring to is a prophecy, which came true btw, in the times of Joshua, when the Israelites, who came from Shem, conquered the land of Canaan, killed thirty of their kings, and took their cities and kept them as their own.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148606 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You claimed Hitler was an atheist remember retard? Do you remember stating that retard? I asked for you to show where Hitler ever referred to himself as an atheist and you cherry picked a out of a huge stack of his pro religion comments the rare negative comments he made. That doesn't make him an atheist it just means he at times grew weary of religious leaders. Are you able to understand that retard drinking river water?
Again for you to back up your claim that he was an atheist you will be required to show him stating he was an atheist. Otherwise all you have is your imagination. Much like all you have for the proof of god is your imagination so hey! Lol!
Hurry up retard either show where hitler called himself an atheist or be factually crushed, again.
<quoted text>
All you're doing is showing how much of a troll you really are...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148607 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A prophecy written after the fact is called a legend.
When atheist misquotes or misinterprets the bible (which is often the case), I have to correct them.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148608 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is genocide wrong in an atheistic worldview?
I know what you are doing here. Not facing up to the reality of the insane cruelty and barbarity of the old testament. These "prophets" are nothing but deluded psychotic barbarians. That is why these desert religions are best consigned to the waste bin.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148609 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Apologetic nonsense. Hey while you are looking up where Hitler claimed to be an atheist let's have another laugh at your expense ok retard?
RR: Catholics are not Christians!
GML; what is the largest Christian church?
RR: The Catholic Church of course! Errr uh uh ... Dammit!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Lets see if I can make this clear fit a troll like you.

I didn't say that hitler SAID he was an atheist, I said that hitler BECAME an atheist.

His words & actions support that.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148610 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop reading the Bible like it's one of your Hairy Pooter books....

What you're referring to is a prophecy, which came true btw, in the times of Joshua, when the Israelites, who came from Shem, conquered the land of Canaan, killed thirty of their kings, and took their cities and kept them as their own.
Ya don't say.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148611 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Why is genocide wrong in an atheistic worldview?
Atheism says nothing at all about morals.

Atheism only addresses the lack of a belief in gods.

Secular humanism considers genocide to be morally repugnant.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148612 Jan 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed Hitler was an atheist remember retard? Do you remember stating that retard? I asked for you to show where Hitler ever referred to himself as an atheist and you cherry picked a out of a huge stack of his pro religion comments the rare negative comments he made. That doesn't make him an atheist it just means he at times grew weary of religious leaders. Are you able to understand that retard drinking river water?

Again for you to back up your claim that he was an atheist you will be required to show him stating he was an atheist. Otherwise all you have is your imagination. Much like all you have for the proof of god is your imagination so hey! Lol!

Hurry up retard either show where hitler called himself an atheist or be factually crushed, again.
He has barely enough intelligence to pull a trigger.

Fortunately for him, it's hard to reach when the gun's pointed the wrong way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 3 min Ann Bonney 53,427
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min I Am No One_ 444,060
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 595,718
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Joe Fortuna 853,175
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 6 min who 21
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min Al Capone 6,106
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min WasteWater 5,768
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min WasteWater 100,636
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,581
More from around the web