Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,641 - 142,660 of 226,389 Comments Last updated 50 min ago
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148499 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler sees Christianity the same way some of you atheists do.
I agree with you there. The evidence of Hitler's Christianity is mixed. However many nazis and supporters were Christians. And the church did... nothing.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#148500 Jan 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Infrared energy.
Clues for sale.
Cheap!
infrared=light

You're dumb. That's why your clues are so cheap.
Lincoln

United States

#148501 Jan 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there. The evidence of Hitler's Christianity is mixed. However many nazis and supporters were Christians.

And the church did... nothing.
Church in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom did a great deal.
Christian and Jewish soldiers died to end the Nazi's.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#148502 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again, I don't see how any one can agree with it in total when it contradicts itself, both in facts and in ethics. If you accepted the entire Bible, you would be living with an inhuman amount of cognitive dissonance. Not to mention some very outdated mores. For example, do you support slavery?
Do I support slavery?

You do realize that slavery continues today even in our country. There are young girls who were drafted into prostitution and some were smuggled here for that purpose. My answer is absolutely a no, past, present or future.

In my own family history we had family members on both sides of the issue pre and post civil war. The Bible does talk about slavery but you must understand it was a legal and accepted practice at the time. Itís a historical fact but in Jewish history there were limits on slavery.

Another point Atheist seem to forget. In Jewish Biblical history the Children of Abraham were also slaves including Joseph who rose in rank in the Egyptian government.

Southern Illinois

#148503 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful! Yahweh get's upset when you add to or take away from the Bible! The Bible never calls them man-made in that context.
Also, don't you find the idea that God could be jealous, and by extension insecure, an interesting passage?
Care to recant?

Psalm 115:4-8
King James Version (KJV)

4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

Southern Illinois

#148504 Jan 16, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Printmaking is an art that produces multiple copies by its very nature. Using technology to reproduce a work of art does not detract from the artistry that went into making the original. A piece's merit lies in its beauty and expressiveness, not the means by which it came to be.
{Tipping hat]

Southern Illinois

#148505 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you are supposed to love your wife while she subjugates herself completely to you. It's like slavery, but with a pretty bow on top.
A wife has ownership of the husband. I think a lot of men would claim they are the slave to the woman, lol.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#148506 Jan 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the Scripture would have had a bit more of an impact LOL; JESUS told Mary to go to the Disciples and pass on His message ~ as I said, if it is good enough for JESUS, well, it is good enough for me IMO
Mary may have been a messenger, but she was in no way authorized to interpret or discuss. She ran an errand. As a servant. Perhaps an important servant, but a servant nevertheless. If that is good enough for you, then I am sorry for you. I really am. There is absolutely no rationale for making women second-class citizens. Period.

San Francisco

#148507 Jan 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And the male (husband) should be loving, caring, protecting and also the provider of food.... No issues with that; just finding the man that fills the role is probably a tad hard :)
Yet why must you be subjugated to the man? Why can't you be equals, mutually agreeing who will be responsible for which tasks?

San Francisco

#148508 Jan 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that you would know the smell of a Queer's crotch.
I think we'd all rather not know that much about Bob.

San Francisco

#148509 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
I ain't gonna bother explaining it all to you, your mind is made up.
Sounds to me more like you can't rationalize it. That's a good first step toward recovery.

San Francisco

#148510 Jan 16, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does talk about slavery but you must understand it was a legal and accepted practice at the time.
What difference does that make? God could not simply forbid slavery as evil? God managed to find time to condemn eating shrimp as an abomination. Is God forced to conform to human custom? Who is in charge?

San Francisco

#148512 Jan 16, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A wife has ownership of the husband.
Not according to the Bible.

San Francisco

#148511 Jan 16, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to recant?
Psalm 115:4-8
King James Version (KJV)
4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
Well, if you are asserting that this passage covers all other Gods, then you've just pointed out another Biblical inaccuracy. Nice going?

Now, about God being jealous...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148513 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me more like you can't rationalize it. That's a good first step toward recovery.
It's supposed to sound like I'm sick n tired of writing the same shit over & over for you people.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148514 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading the last few pages, it seems the athiests can't understand that we are equal...
Cheers!
Yep ~ and that we are all here to make each others lives happy, not miserable LOL

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148515 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet why must you be subjugated to the man? Why can't you be equals, mutually agreeing who will be responsible for which tasks?
You tell me?

San Francisco

#148516 Jan 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me?
Tell you what? If you want to be subjugated because you are a woman, that's your affair. I was just trying to understand your point of view.

San Francisco

#148517 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's supposed to sound like I'm sick n tired of writing the same shit over & over for you people.
Was it? It sounded much more like you got nuthin.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#148518 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitlers "love" of Christianity is apparent:
10th October, 1941, midday
"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure." (p 43)
14th October, 1941, midday
"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....
"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse....
"...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little....
"Christianity <is> the liar....
"We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State." (p 49-52)
13th December, 1941, midnight
"Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... <here insults people who believe transubstantiation>....
"When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease." (p 118-119)
14th December, 1941, midday
"Pure Christianity-- the Christianity of the catacombs-- is concerned with translating Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind." (p 119 & 120)
9th April, 1942, dinner
"There is something very unhealthy about Christianity." (p 339)
Hitler sees Christianity the same way some of you atheists do.
This is all taken from " http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler 's_religious_views"

So you skip over the pages and pages of pro-Christianity speeches given by Hitler and go down to the DISPUTED quotes from supposed table talks.

That's real desperation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 1 min andet1987 4,156
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 3 min Toshi Sanyo 18
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Peace_Warrior 600,006
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Johnny 2,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 733,197
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USFemail XXXII 539,169
Good bye Michael Sam 9 min andet1987 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Insults Are Easier 258,069
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr JUDEletePete 118,007
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••