Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,501 - 142,520 of 224,508 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are right, however there is much to learn and not all men have that much to teach, so we go to where our interests are, to get that which we seek.
***For Jews of today, Serah bat Asher serves as a traditional model for our contemporary women leaders, imbued with worldly wisdom, Torah learning, and spiritual power.
http://huc.edu/faculty/faculty/pubs/pbregman.... ***
Although I am not Jewish, as such, I can comprehend that we are linked and then separated .... JESUS Himself was a Jewish Rabbi, and Christianity as we know it came after the death of JESUS; and we each went our separate ways, seeking the Path that takes us to that where we are heading :)
It really doesn't bother you that you are to be subjugated to men, can have any leadership roles, and can't even discuss Christian ideology?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Check for holes in your ice trays. Try not to open the door so much, either.
There is an amount of EM waves bouncing around in that freezer. Freezers aren't that cold. It is colder in many parts of the world, yet the glaciers don't seem to shrink too much.
OOPS!!!!
I forgot!! They are! Global warming. The scientists say so. Must be because we don't use them often enough. The glaciers, that is.
Everybody!! Go to the Arctic and fix a drink! Save the planet.
:-)
Global warming is a well-established scientific fact. And not because scientists say so, but because objective evidence over several disciplines do. Now, you could argue what the ramifications of climate change might be, but the phenomenon is happening.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an amount of EM waves bouncing around in that freezer. Freezers aren't that cold. It is colder in many parts of the world, yet the glaciers don't seem to shrink too much.
OOPS!!!!
I forgot!! They are! Global warming. The scientists say so. Must be because we don't use them often enough. The glaciers, that is.
A freezer running and seldom opened , would take keep ice indefinitely, presuming it ran that long.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS!!!!
Actually, the phenomenon incorrectly called "Global Warming" is caused by evaporation of the ice, not the inverse ... well ... not the inverse only.

The problem is that the ice in the glaciers does always evaporate, and more is laid on top. That is why ice core samples are used to help out a bit, but we can't get core samples to past a few thousand years because of the cycle.

What happens is when the atmosphere temperature increases, the surface ice melts and releases pockets of gas, thus increasing the temperature of the atmosphere through the greenhouse effect. This then causes more of the ice to evaporate at a faster than typical rate, which in turn causes climatological chaos.

Point is, the ice has always been evaporating there, it's just the lower levels that evaporated first before the atmospheric conditions changed.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A freezer running and seldom opened , would take keep ice indefinitely, presuming it ran that long.
I know.

The only time I ever saw it shrink was due to cheap ice trays.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
Again, women are not to discuss religious ideology at all. The Bible says they are to be living examples merely, and subjugated in all ways to men. Any women who instructs in the Word is sinning. She must defer to her husband or a male relative. They can hand out all the Bibles they want, and tell everyone how much they love Jesus, but it can go no futher than that.
I tries to be specific, but you may have missed something.

The bible teaches that women should not preach the bible to men, not that they are subserviant.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
It really doesn't bother you that you are to be subjugated to men, can have any leadership roles, and can't even discuss Christian ideology?
They can teach children :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming is a well-established scientific fact. And not because scientists say so, but because objective evidence over several disciplines do. Now, you could argue what the ramifications of climate change might be, but the phenomenon is happening.
I quite agree it is happening, but not with the reasons they state, and especially the money making opportunity they envision.

Pure and simple reasons. Two, actually. Much, much, much, much, much more EM emissions, which induces charges in all materials they pass through,and thus elevating temp, and direct deposit of greenhouse gases in the stratosphere by jets and rockets. Those are gases that wouldn't get there any other way. However, you will not see the aerospace or aviation industries take a hit to combat that.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you choose to ignore those who have almost died and been delivered back to their bodes. Out of body experiences, or NDE's ..... the corpse represents the Vessel that the Soul traveled in, and when the Soul departs the Vessel, it is empty and devoid of 'life' as we know it!
Rather you choose to deny that horse poop has been debunked long long ago. Magic magic magic!

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tries to be specific, but you may have missed something.
The bible teaches that women should not preach the bible to men, not that they are subserviant.
Ephesians 5:21-24: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Pretty clear, no?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They can teach children :)
Not Christian ideology.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_...

Note the oscillation, vibration, and rotation. This causes heat. Kinda stresses things.

Radios, TV's, microwaves, and all of those other frequencies except for infrared pretty much came from space before we started creating them locally. Full strength sources on a local level.

The sun's magnetic field is supposed to be about the strength of a refrigerator magnet, albeit a rather large one. A long ways distant. We have stronger magnets than that powering this planet locally.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite agree it is happening, but not with the reasons they state, and especially the money making opportunity they envision.
Pure and simple reasons. Two, actually. Much, much, much, much, much more EM emissions, which induces charges in all materials they pass through,and thus elevating temp, and direct deposit of greenhouse gases in the stratosphere by jets and rockets. Those are gases that wouldn't get there any other way. However, you will not see the aerospace or aviation industries take a hit to combat that.
Greenhouse gasses emitted into the air from the ground never rise up into the atmosphere? Huh?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously inattentive and unable to grasp things, perhaps a genetic defect.
My brain, or even yours, would be panicking like crazy when it sees the final curtain coming down. Didn't happen. Just having to move along. Be advised I just ate a dump truck pulling a bulldozer moments before. I was not dreaming. I've been under the knife and didn't remember a thing, but I recall that experience very well.
It boils down to if you believe meat makes the mind, or the mind makes the meat. If you are stuck on being a piece of stellar poop, then I will not argue with you, and certainly won't hold you in any special regard. You are just a piece of meat, just a bit warmer than that corpse you refer to.
You are assuming a lot about what happens just because a body ceases to function anymore. Here is something to think about. It is everyone else that has died, not you. Your "physical" proof is that a mechanism just ceased to exist, not a consciousness.
The walking dead like you are a drag on mankind. Man must aspire to something more than being just animated collections of molecules.
After many millenia of experience, mankind still refers to the spirit in each of us. Spirit is intangible. Non-physical, but very, very real.
You have no license for passing judgments or determining truths for others.
"If you are stuck on being a piece of stellar poop, then I will not argue with you, and certainly won't hold you in any special regard. You are just a piece of meat, just a bit warmer than that corpse you refer to."

Dave, your foolish inflated ego is showing...

"You are assuming a lot about what happens just because a body ceases to function anymore."

No Dave, you are. The function of your brain NEEDS your brain to exist, no different than the memory on your hard drive needs the hard drive to exist. Your five senses NEED a functioning brain to deliver the information to. These are not assumptions Dave, they are facts. We know what awareness is and awareness is not magic, it's the information gathered by your five senses and processed by your brain. Awareness is not an entity unto itself you foolish death denier.

"After many millenia of experience, mankind still refers to the spirit in each of us. Spirit is intangible. Non-physical, but very, very real."

Experience or ignorance and fear? Your ignorant baseless belief in ghosts may be real but the ghosts aren't. There is no knowledge of any ghosts so you can stop lying now.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Greenhouse gasses emitted into the air from the ground never rise up into the atmosphere? Huh?
Give the fool a break, he was creamed by a truck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Put your hand on a running electric motor under load on even a cold day. Or a transformer, including some of those you plug into the wall. Or your laptop and even its power transformer. Most any power generating or using appliance.

What do you feel?

Heat.

That wouldn't have been there "naturally".

How many of those thingies do you think are cranked up in this world at this moment?

Trust me, carbon credits won't mitigate the phenomenon much. Could buy some neato mansions and vacations for some, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
They normally don't get into the stratosphere. That is a boundary layer.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E lectromagnetic_spectrum#Ration ale
Note the oscillation, vibration, and rotation. This causes heat. Kinda stresses things.
Radios, TV's, microwaves, and all of those other frequencies except for infrared pretty much came from space before we started creating them locally. Full strength sources on a local level.
The sun's magnetic field is supposed to be about the strength of a refrigerator magnet, albeit a rather large one. A long ways distant. We have stronger magnets than that powering this planet locally.
Actually, it's not. That is just an over simplified explanation of how it works.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They normally don't get into the stratosphere. That is a boundary layer.
Erm, yes it does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you are stuck on being a piece of stellar poop, then I will not argue with you, and certainly won't hold you in any special regard. You are just a piece of meat, just a bit warmer than that corpse you refer to."
Dave, your foolish inflated ego is showing...
"You are assuming a lot about what happens just because a body ceases to function anymore."
No Dave, you are. The function of your brain NEEDS your brain to exist, no different than the memory on your hard drive needs the hard drive to exist. Your five senses NEED a functioning brain to deliver the information to. These are not assumptions Dave, they are facts. We know what awareness is and awareness is not magic, it's the information gathered by your five senses and processed by your brain. Awareness is not an entity unto itself you foolish death denier.
"After many millenia of experience, mankind still refers to the spirit in each of us. Spirit is intangible. Non-physical, but very, very real."
Experience or ignorance and fear? Your ignorant baseless belief in ghosts may be real but the ghosts aren't. There is no knowledge of any ghosts so you can stop lying now.

Your time will come.

But you won't even remember me telling you this.

Your body in shock shuts off the processing of those senses. People vary in just how much shock it takes to do that. It is a potential reset state for the mind, dependent on the injury sustained. There is no way strict evolution can save such things in genes, as most tend to die exposed helpless to the elements and animals. Particularly if man evolved as proclaimed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 2 min Doctor REALITY 506
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 533,239
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min KENTUCKY 721,860
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 9 min Doctor REALITY 17
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min Gray 115,453
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Porkpie Hat 256,832
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min WasteWater 3,988
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••