Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#147983 Jan 12, 2013
That's why you don't take your psychiatric medication because the voices tell you they're all these evil poisonous pills trying to take the angel voices out of your head.

Get help screwball
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and that's why I trust the original script!
***Thalidomide, Class Action - Slater & Gordon Lawyers
www.slatergordon.com.au/thalidomide
Thalidomide Class Action - The release of thalidomide in the 1950s and 1960s led to the world's most publicised pharmaceutical disaster
https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sugexp=l... ***
This one was a beauty wasn't it??

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#147984 Jan 12, 2013
Follistim (900IU)- expire 5/2014, Box Menopur (75IU)(5 single dose vials + 5 0.9% sodium chloride)with 15 q-caps, 15 3ml syringes, 3 25g x 5/8" needles - expire 2/15, Cetrotide(.25)- expire 2/15, Crinone 8% Comes with 15 applicators (1.45g per applicator)-expire 8/2014, Pregnyl 10,000 unit kit. for more information contact via email at angelarice31@yahoo.com

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#147985 Jan 12, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.
Vladimir Lenin
If those using the church and religion were motivated by power and control and committed atrocities frequently mentioned this is their mirror image.
Lenin used atheism as a tool,his motivation being power and control. If one doesn't care for judging all Atheists by Lenins actions one should afford Christians the same courtesy.
Here we agree. People of today are responsible for their own actions, not those of previous generations even of those who shared some aspects of one ideology or the other. While we can and should--must--learn from the past, using elements of it to denigrate people today is nothing more than a pseudo intellectual variation of childish playground taunting. This whole argument about which monsters of the past were atheists and which were believers is nothing more or less than a childish exercise in shoveling hoseshit and flinging it back and forth at each other. Can't we all grow up just a little bit? Can't we talk about things that actually have meaning?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#147986 Jan 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly willing to learn, there is no doubt about that.
As for compromise, you should never compromise with a delusion, other than that, it's a good way to live. ;)
I lost all respect for most of the Atheists on here. They slam the fundie for not looking at the facts, basing their beliefs on feelings and indoctrination; and then they do the same damn thing.

Have a good one, KK!
Lincoln

United States

#147987 Jan 12, 2013
"that's why you don't take your psychiatric medication...

seems the typical post when
the poster has lost.:-)

Knoxville, TN

#147988 Jan 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
It seems more likely to me that whatever species eventually evolved into chickens was laying eggs long before that happened. Roosters are chickens, as are hens. I'd have to look into it, but I suspect that the difference is the same as with humans, i.e., XY as opposed to XX genotypes and that fertilizing hens rather than laying eggs is just a variant on the two roles in human reproduction.

Except for species that were modified by human breeding techniques, birds that can't fly have other have other attributes that allowed their species to thrive in the conditions in which they evolved.

Species don't need to overcome one another, only to survive and propagate.

You're not silly so much as unlearned. If a relatively uneducated musician can answer these questions so easily, why can't you?

Knoxville, TN

#147989 Jan 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Doubt it .... I do read up on it and where the scientists are with their findings!! Do you? If you do, then feel qualified to comment, but of course, have some links to back you up, otherwise people will call you an idiot, or something similar!!
***Which came first, the chicken or the egg - MSNBC.com
www.msnbc.msn.com/...science-science/.../whic... -...- United States
14 Jul 2010 "It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first,"***
Scientists are allowed to change their minds; they can kill us with their drugs and chemicals, and they have and still do, and it is put down to progress.
They are only learning what was known in the first place! And if you don't think that evolutionists believe that every life form we see evolved from the first organism, then debate it with them.
And if you don't think Darwin's theory was evolution was prevention of extinction, what do you think it is? And if you have no thoughts, don't even consider yourself 'ignorant' on the subject, you are not even that competent to be called ignorant.
The article is absurd. If "a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg," then only chickens should be able to lay eggs. So are all birds chickens? Were the dinosaurs that laid eggs with similar shells actually chickens? I was rather surprised that the dateline on the article was not April 1. Too many species that are definitively NOT chickens lay eggs with shells for this article to be true.

Knoxville, TN

#147990 Jan 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Duh ~ that is exactly why I have never had one .... I AM protecting it! Or didn't you read that bit???
And spam? That's not spam, that is proving that I am not an ignoramus about the topics that someone called me ignorant on. If one lays down the gauntlet like that, then they can expect links to back up what I have said.
You all know the stuff, and take no notice of it.... you probably drink things that have the 950's in them! Or some 230's... some charming stuff. DNA stuffing up stuff
With all due respect, the articles you've posted don't add to your credibility at all. The pattern--or lack of on--in the articles you cite implies that you believe articles too easily, ranging from legitimate science to junk science and seem unable to distinguish the difference between the two. You would benefit from greater skepticism and a more rigorous methodology in evaluating what you read.
Lincoln

United States

#147991 Jan 12, 2013
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.

Despite the many changes that have rippled through American society over the last 6 decades, belief in God as measured in this direct way has remained high and relatively stable. Gallup initially used this question wording in November 1944, when 96% said "yes." That percentage dropped to 94% in 1947, but increased to 98% in several Gallup surveys conducted in the 1950s and 1960s. Gallup stopped using this question format in the 1960s, before including it again in Gallup's May 5-8 survey this year."

Secularism remains a potent force
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#147992 Jan 12, 2013
Angellarice wrote:
Follistim (900IU)- expire 5/2014, Box Menopur (75IU)(5 single dose vials + 5 0.9% sodium chloride)with 15 q-caps, 15 3ml syringes, 3 25g x 5/8" needles - expire 2/15, Cetrotide(.25)- expire 2/15, Crinone 8% Comes with 15 applicators (1.45g per applicator)-expire 8/2014, Pregnyl 10,000 unit kit. for more information contact via email at angelarice31@yahoo.com
anyone buying this shyt from. a total stranger online would be an IDIOT

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#147993 Jan 12, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, the articles you've posted don't add to your credibility at all. The pattern--or lack of on--in the articles you cite implies that you believe articles too easily, ranging from legitimate science to junk science and seem unable to distinguish the difference between the two. You would benefit from greater skepticism and a more rigorous methodology in evaluating what you read.
That's my point ~ how often and how regularly things change..... and whether or not you think it is legitimate, you are probably partaking in their killer chemicals.

And with all due respect to you too, at least you had the sense to realise I was posting stuff written by scientists, where as some of the posters in here thought it was my own stuff.

#147994 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's why you don't take your psychiatric medication because the voices tell you they're all these evil poisonous pills trying to take the angel voices out of your head.
Get help screwball
<quoted text>
Ever thought you need help just to be nice in this world? Or are you happy with your mean ego? Try taking some calming medication, they love handing it out, and it stops you from caring so much you feel the need to laugh at death and insult others!! Get help man.... and maybe the man in you will step up!!!

#147995 Jan 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.
Despite the many changes that have rippled through American society over the last 6 decades, belief in God as measured in this direct way has remained high and relatively stable. Gallup initially used this question wording in November 1944, when 96% said "yes." That percentage dropped to 94% in 1947, but increased to 98% in several Gallup surveys conducted in the 1950s and 1960s. Gallup stopped using this question format in the 1960s, before including it again in Gallup's May 5-8 survey this year."
Secularism remains a potent force
Because it is proven that there is another realm ~ by too many to be ignored!!

#147996 Jan 12, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone buying this shyt from. a total stranger online would be an IDIOT
What about buying it from a trustworthy source??

collection of fluid around the lungs
ectopic pregnancy
fever
headaches
injection site problems such as bruising, pain, redness, swelling, itching, rashes or allergic reactions
liver problems
may affect pregnancy test results
miscarriage
mood changes
multiple pregnancy
oedema
ovarian problems such as enlargement of the ovaries, ovarian cysts which may be prone to rupture or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome - seek immediate medical advice if you get any of the following symptoms: breast pain, nausea, diarrhoea, pain, discomfort or a feeling of fullness in the stomach, ascites or weight gain
reproductive-system tumours
skin rash or rashes
thromboembolism
tiredness
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Infertility/Page... ***

Like a shot from your Doctor? Nice ~ tumours to boot!!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#147998 Jan 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
Because it is proven that there is another realm ~ by too many to be ignored!!
Proven how?

#147999 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Gracing us with your tremendous ignorance I see. I hear your god has burning little girl air freshener spray, it is his favorite scent according to your bible.
<quoted text>
You are actually despicable, but then again, I guess you work hard at it! How many of your cronies will come and laugh at your joke?? As I said, thank GOD I don't have a mental sickness that you enjoy..... and in fact, I will Pray my thanks regularly, sicko!

#148000 Jan 12, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven how?
By too many different sources for me to post here, perhaps do a bit of research yourself, you might be surprised. Then again, you might choose not to believe all those who have experienced such communication!! I would be amazed if you had not experienced some such messages yourself, and perhaps put them down to amazing coincidences or deja vu or just ignored them altogether...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#148001 Jan 12, 2013
Proven how?
Serah wrote:
By too many different sources for me to post here, perhaps do a bit of research yourself
It's not *my* responsibility to do research to support *your* claim.

Are any of these sources *objective* sources?

#148002 Jan 12, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
Proven how?
<quoted text>
It's not *my* responsibility to do research to support *your* claim.
Are any of these sources *objective* sources?
What do you mean *objective*? More *objective* than all life species originating from something either in the sea or out of it?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#148003 Jan 12, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven how?
The twilight zone strikes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 1 min Hidingfromyou 716
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min UWarRaceMaKEWORLD... 4,675
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Anthony MN 558,833
bless the jews (Nov '08) 3 min Alive jews freedom 7,046
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Catcher1 773,384
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 15 min Neelakaran 1,233
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 25 min WasteWater 5,700
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 264,975
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web