Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,087)

Showing posts 141,721 - 141,740 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I could care less if non believers identify themselves as ultra super cool non deluded people of the awesome, we are not hung up on labels like you are. And the only reason many non believers avoid the atheist title is because of negative baggage thrown on the term from believers. Non believers are non believers regardless of what they dub themselves.

And non believers are growing at an alarming rate for the leaders of faith.

Just accept it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with it?
LOL, ok.
2% of Americans are self-identified atheists.
Dealt with.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I cannot provide evidence and not that the earth and moons and planets don't show any signs or the fact that these threads are loaded with point after point of evidence. No it's not that I can't provide it it that I won't!
If you refuse to provide evidence of your assertions, then you are more dishonest than I had originally thought.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The evidence is there. You choose not to except it as evidence. There are 2.03% of the worlds population that is atheist! 97.07% don't agree with you. And 35% of the earths population whole heartily accept the evidence. That is like about 33% more then you have.
"The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
Type all the lie you want survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%"
The CIA factbook does not show its methodology for arriving at those figures nor is there any indication of how old the data on which it is based are. Other sources are more transparent, notably the Pew Forum and ARIS. Without that metadata, there is no way of knowing how reliable its statistics are.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Discarded teapot was an attempt at humor and not an attempt to create a straw man.
2. The diety is not "mine".
3. Central point is their is actual evidence against the teapot vs no evidence against the diety.
You contradicted yourself in the last statement. You cannot disprove that there is a teapot orbiting the sun.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Oh so your IQ just got lower I see. Thanks for clearing that up. So do you accept the divine teapot that brewed up the universe and all life on earth?
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you do believe in a diety.You just call it a teapot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Imagination doesn't qualify as evidence.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect KK you know we have evidence you have ruled it out for you and only you. The evidence is still here.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The evidence is there. You choose not to except it as evidence. There are 2.03% of the worlds population that is atheist! 97.07% don't agree with you. And 35% of the earths population whole heartily accept the evidence. That is like about 33% more then you have.
"The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
Type all the lie you want survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%"
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

Can't you make one point without invoking a fallacy. Let's look at the "majority" track record.

When Adolf said "let's torture Jewish people to death," the majority of Germans thought that was a good idea ... and the majority of the world thought it was none of their business, until he threatened to take over the world.

During the Crusades, a majority of the people thought the church knew what it was doing. So they killed a bunch of "brown" people who were minding their own business. Now the majority of those people blame the US for these slights, go figure.

The majority of the people thought the Inquisitors knew what they were doing, which resulted in the torture and death of a lot of innocent people.

The majority of England thought the US should be under English rule. So the US fought back. Then the majority of the US thought black people were less than human and should be slaves. Once they were freed the majority of the US thought they were still less than human and thus deserved no rights. Nice track record there.

The majority of Ancient Egyptians thought the pharaohs were demi-gods, so much that they took what they said as law even though the priests and preistesses were actually pulling the strings.

The majority of the world's population thought human sacrifices were a great thing for a few thousand years.

The majority thought the Earth was flat.

The majority thought lightning was some magical power of the gods.

The majority thought you could use your hands to wipe your butt.

Not a very good track record for the majority, it's more often wrong than correct, so if you want to pull that fallacy, it actually makes your religion look like a really bad idea.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

A highly opinionated personal philosophy by intelligent design loving Chris Langan. He is a theist with an able average IQ and some media popularity.

Regardless, like all theists who want to try to happily combine evolution and god he runs into the brick wall of first showing observable proof for god. He is unable to so his silly little CTMU is no more convincing than the divine teapot created the universe with the big brew.

It's a work of his imagination and nothing more.
Freebird USA wrote:
Anyone here familiar with CTMU theory?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am confused here, you said :-
Getting rid of guns will not prevent children from getting murderedÖ
EndQuote
And I replied
Nope but it will get rid of children being murdered with guns
Endquote
So you counter by showing how easy guns are to obtain?
How can arms trafficking and illegal possession of guns ever be classed as
Getting rid of guns
EndQuote.
The point is... Make a law banning guns then only criminals will have guns.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

River Tam wrote:
You should read the short story if you haven't. As good as John Cusack is, you just can't get the insanity of King's mind into a movie.
Is it a popup book?

Those are the best.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
The point is... Make a law banning guns then only criminals will have guns.
Batman doesn't need a gun.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Right. Let's all streak. Wait, let's get the amputee. She'll get caught first.
I'll meet you all at the pub when they let me go :)
I'll wait at the pub.

I'm just an enabler.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Batman doesn't need a gun.
Batman deploys many type guns in his arsenal. But...
Batman doesn't want to kill people, he captures them for trial mostly. This is because his parents were murdered and he doesn't want to be like the murderer.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Batman deploys many type guns in his arsenal. But...
Batman doesn't want to kill people, he captures them for trial mostly. This is because his parents were murdered and he doesn't want to be like the murderer.
None of that matters because DC comics suck.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>None of that matters because DC comics suck.

We all need our heroes , even if they aren't real.
But it is a nice concept but our batmen in reality kill quite efficiently, ask OBL.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We all need our heroes , even if they aren't real.
But it is a nice concept but our batmen in reality kill quite efficiently, ask OBL.
Yeah, you don't Spiderman or the Avengers shooting up movie theaters.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The point is... Make a law banning guns then only criminals will have guns.
Wrong, that's a symptom of poor policing and not the effect of banning guns in public.

Your argument is ridiculous.

If you as a society choose to let go of your guns, you will have less murders its an unedniable fact.

Of course anything is deniable by creationists...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>None of that matters because DC comics suck.
Irrelevant point that doesn't excuse the fact that batman doesn;t need a gun.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you don't Spiderman or the Avengers shooting up movie theaters.
Anyone who believes in not banning guns is an idiot, its because they ignore facts and make excuses.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your comments. There was a time early in my life when my belief in God was pure faith. Since that time I have gone beyond faith.

I know God is real. The proof is my own personal experiences. There’s no need to share these experiences. Because nothing I can say will persuade you and others.

I’m 100% sure in God’s existence.. I searched for God as a young man and found that he is not a fairy tale. But indeed God is as real as you or I. And so we are at a impasse. I can’t persuade you and you can’t persuade me.
So your mind is closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,721 - 141,740 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

357 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Al Garcia 716,730
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 11 min andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 37 min Doctor REALITY 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min marge 530,165
Hijacked jumbo jets in exchange for the sins of... 44 min Doctor REALITY 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 46 min maro 457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••