Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#147199 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
What did I do?
Explain or I'll sick Eagle on you.
He'll attack with sentence fragments, you know.
Instead of helping me with the 'Tide' thing, i mean the poem he wrote, u kept taking the mickey! u know the answer, I know u know it and U know u know it.

What the hell does "sick" mean? I never heard anyone use it in that context!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#147200 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorists took over 4 planes with box cutters.....
It is indeed the action of the person or people who commit murder, breaking the Statute of GOD as they do. Some care not for GOD, as such, for they have no belief nor understanding of HIM, but find GOD when they are locked away in solitude. Not all find GOD, some go to their deaths the very criminals they were at the beginning of their solace. Those who do are happy that they did find GOD and it shows by their new reasons and actions for living. They become better people. There are many reasons why we should not Judge people, unless we are learned and appointed people in fair and equal Law.

I am on hold at the moment to my internet, phones & Fox provider; and the waiting time is 12 minutes. This is my second time around,'cause the first time I got cut off just as I was being transferred. Telstra now have offices all around the world, so they provide 24 hour service, which is a grand thing, because through the week would probably be twice as long.

When I heard the phone line disconnect, my first thought was "Dear GOD" and out of frustration. It made me recall the postings last night, and I thought of how I would have reacted if I was in my early 20's, still new on the road to Humility. I probably would have sworn....in fact, more probable chance I would have, than wouldn’t have. We also have a saying down here; “Strewth”

***strewth.(UK, Australia, New Zealand) A mild oath expressing surprise or generally adding emphasis. Strewth! I guess I&#8242;ve been too trigger happy!***

I posted this link due to the trigger happy bit, and thought it also fits the picture of that which I am saying but more importantly, that which others have been writing about. I don’t like to get into the gun debate, not ever having been involved with guns, I have no knowledge of their need to people.

“Struth” is an abbreviation of “GOD’s Truth” and an old saying when someone died was “So and so gave up his/her ghost” and that was what is written when Abraham gave up his ghost in some versions of the Bible. New versions write,“took his last breath” which doesn’t present the same picture to mind.

I grew up in a Church and Sunday going family, and I loved Sunday School. I had been baptized as a Baby, and was again Baptized when I was 13 by my own choice, but in reality, I have no Church or Religion that I feel comfortable completely with, which is why my Church is my Home and my Temple is my Body.

I would much rather be the person I am today, quietly thinking “Dear GOD” than the one who would have sworn in the days gone by. I also usually manage to find a Scripture that suits my need, after the thought, so somehow or another, I have given myself enough knowledge of the Bible to suit my need.

I have also written much about Prayer and Faith, in my journal that was once a book, and when I re-edit my book, as I do each time I have grown or changed in thoughts, I will also include my postings about thoughts of GOD and our reactions because in reflection, or hind sight, I am thankful to have had GOD with me throughout my life time experiences; Blessings of Peace to us all, Serah

#147201 Jan 4, 2013
SCIENCEandRELIGION EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>You Scientists and supporters of mad Science make evil stuff, care to talk about it.
We all know Religions nuts are evil, lets talk about your evil mad Scientist and how it ruined world...
It was hard finding a post to reply to, and I scrolled by quite a few, and thought this one was as entertaining as any, and your avatar name as an understanding ring about it.

Actually, I have forgotten what I was going to write, after reading the postings, but will post this anyway; with the birds are singing and the sun is shining, for which I thank GOD :)

#147202 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other factors to consider, as I said in the precious post, few golden scenarios. I wasn't talking about people being "sucked" out either. ;)
I'm still on hold to Telstra, and when I started writing my last posting about Dear GOD, it was 12:18pm and I had already been on hold for about 15 minutes.... it is now 12:36 but I have talked to 2 people, and now one is supposedly checking out something. Have I been cut off? Do I keep on holding, listening to music which is extremely boring, or hang up & start again? I am considering the factors and the variables, and for now, will hang on!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#147203 Jan 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of helping me with the 'Tide' thing, i mean the poem he wrote, u kept taking the mickey! u know the answer, I know u know it and U know u know it.
What the hell does "sick" mean? I never heard anyone use it in that context!
Sick was a misspelling of sic while moderately intoxicated.

It means to incite a dog to attack, basically.

And no, I don't know the answer any more than you do, Clementine.

Location hidden

#147204 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick was a misspelling of sic while moderately intoxicated.
It means to incite a dog to attack, basically.
And no, I don't know the answer any more than you do, Clementine.
U called Eagle a dog? ummmm...I'm tellin'!

How the hell would u have gotten Eagle to attack me? He might be a fanatic but i don't think he's that bad, that he would attack me, would he?

Well, that makes me feel better. Now that I know I'm not alone, I don't feel lonely!

Long Beach, CA

#147205 Jan 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U called Eagle a dog? ummmm...I'm tellin'!
How the hell would u have gotten Eagle to attack me? He might be a fanatic but i don't think he's that bad, that he would attack me, would he?
Well, that makes me feel better. Now that I know I'm not alone, I don't feel lonely!
No, it was metaphorical.

And, of course if he does attack I will protect you.

(But without a firearm.)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#147206 Jan 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
WHAT THE BLUMIN' HELL?!?!!!!
Tell me the answer, I want to know! Please!!!
If u do i'll reply back in hindi, then we'll see who is confused!:-p
My poem was about risk, inspired by the recent gun debates. If you have a lot to lose, personal property and children, it's not going to matter what the laws are, you have more to lose than someone with nothing. It is also about priorities, what one person is willing to risk in order to secure something else.

Location hidden

#147207 Jan 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My poem was about risk, inspired by the recent gun debates. If you have a lot to lose, personal property and children, it's not going to matter what the laws are, you have more to lose than someone with nothing. It is also about priorities, what one person is willing to risk in order to secure something else.
Oh sh*t! That was staring me in the face, I thought it had some hidden msg!

That's very good, keep it up!!!

Location hidden

#147208 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was metaphorical.
And, of course if he does attack I will protect you.
(But without a firearm.)
lol, if u say so.

Aww, my hero!*fluttering eyelashes*

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#147209 Jan 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Oh sh*t! That was staring me in the face, I thought it had some hidden msg!
That's very good, keep it up!!!
You try one!

Long Beach, CA

#147210 Jan 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, if u say so.
Aww, my hero!*fluttering eyelashes*
Your wish is my command.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#147211 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wish is my command.
What if her wish is you protect her with a gun?

#147212 Jan 4, 2013
I held on until the end ~ followed my gut feeling and received a $197 credit plus a $10 a month loyalty credit!! Sort of like a gift from GOD in my eyes; believing in GOD and writing about GOD while I was waiting gave me $10 a month.. maybe not much in $ value, but a whole heap valuable in 'mean' time :)

Long Beach, CA

#147213 Jan 4, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess my command will be to somebody else to do the protecting.

Now don't go changing the facts to have her wish that I personally protect her with a gun.

I'll be stumped.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#147214 Jan 4, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
.. depends on what type of gun Clem prefers ..

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#147215 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh.... I just realised that you do hear people say "Oh God" where as in your other posting I sort of got the impression you didn't hear it said. Oh Dear God is often said in times of tragedy and in a different way than Oh God in times of excitement and happiness :)
I do hear it, just not frequently.

I hear it from people who I already know are Christians, but to be fair, atheists aren't very common in my area. Interestingly, "God dammit" or some variation is more common than "Oh God" or anything along those lines, which is why I stand by what I said earlier: it has to do with society, not people internally admitting that God is real. A few hundred years ago, many people would actually find mentioning God out of context offensive.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#147216 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe also that tears are a way of expressing our feelings when mere words will not suffice; which is why we can cry for so many different reasons. I also love the emotions of our emotions..
I'm not sure what you mean by the "emotions of our emotions," but besides that, agreed. Emotions are quite amazing. I feel bad for those who shroud their emotions with... anything.

#147217 Jan 4, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hear it, just not frequently.
I hear it from people who I already know are Christians, but to be fair, atheists aren't very common in my area. Interestingly, "God dammit" or some variation is more common than "Oh God" or anything along those lines, which is why I stand by what I said earlier: it has to do with society, not people internally admitting that God is real. A few hundred years ago, many people would actually find mentioning God out of context offensive.
Mmh, I hear god dammit too, and obviously it is a curse, as in asking GOD to damn something, and in respect feels differently than Oh GOD or Oh Dear GOD... do we need to ask GOD to damn something or someone? I don't think so, I at least am happy leaving it in the hands of GOD,'cause HE surely sees and knows that which I surely can't :D)

#147218 Jan 4, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you mean by the "emotions of our emotions," but besides that, agreed. Emotions are quite amazing. I feel bad for those who shroud their emotions with... anything.
I spent some time in a psychiatric ward of a hospital, and have already written much about it. It was during the period in Adelaide when one of our news readers Son disappeared. Rob (new reader) kept on with his job, night after night, as Adelaide speculated as to where his Son disappeared to. Some stuff that was written was not nice at all; but he kept on, night after night, putting on a brave face.

It was before home computers, and I searched and searched Encyclopedias to try and work out why some held within evil and others shunned it. There was much on the 3rd ear, the spot where our Baby spot is, and how it could not tolerate fleuro lighting etc etc. They found Richard, his son, 2 weeks after he disappeared, dead after being drugged and raped and tortured ~ and Rob kept on reading the news. I lost a lot of weight, finding this all too much, and ended up in the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Their findings ~ I was very sane, but too caring! They wanted me to harden my heart, so that I could handle that which man(kind) dished out on a daily basis, and of course, had drugs that would dull the senses.

I chose to continue to care, and although I no longer stop eating due to lack of time, it still hurts enough to take away the appetite. We all have emotions, but we have different levels of emotion, and I love my emotion of my emotion!! I guess I mean the level we can take that feeling of exhilaration to, we can have a dull thud to the heart, or we can have the brick whacking it.

I love the whack of a brick to the heart ~ it hurts, no doubts about that, but I also feel the feeling of why it hurts :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Chess 560,587
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min Mandela 119,693
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min It aint necessari... 778,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 1 hr vicky9669 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 37,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 21 hr risque 137
More from around the web