Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
139,901 - 139,920 of 224,106 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you prefer to be a liar. Good to see you admit it.
Aww Kitty, you know better than that...

* Now let's look at your words, "The conditions were there to sustain life but" ... notice the past tense. Things change, that is the most constant aspect of the universe.*

Yep, and so does the ideas and knowleedge of scientists, thank GOD!!....

I was replying to that!! Of course we all know how many mistakes scientists have made over the years, and they are in reality, killers ~ but that's OK, it all gets put down to experiments and experience, and all their lies and deceit just get written off as 'progress being made'!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
You don't want to hear it and I don't want to say it.
Embarrassed to talk about the digestive systems? Yeah, even though I am only reading your words, and not listening, it would be pretty boring.....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Yet, if i did tell you that for this particular example, I'd also be entering the realm of hypocrisy. The problem is that most malice is the result of ignorance, so the two concepts are virtually synonymous.
Good point.

You post is, as usual, like a breath of fresh air.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Aww Kitty, you know better than that...
* Now let's look at your words, "The conditions were there to sustain life but" ... notice the past tense. Things change, that is the most constant aspect of the universe.*
Yep, and so does the ideas and knowleedge of scientists, thank GOD!!....
I was replying to that!! Of course we all know how many mistakes scientists have made over the years, and they are in reality, killers ~ but that's OK, it all gets put down to experiments and experience, and all their lies and deceit just get written off as 'progress being made'!!
So now you are using a veiled conspiracy theory. Still trying to make yourself feel important and somehow smart, how sad.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are using a veiled conspiracy theory. Still trying to make yourself feel important and somehow smart, how sad.
No Kitty, just showing you what I replied to.... how sad that you always look for the worst in what I write :(

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to add feul to a fundie bonfire but I have witnessed first hand academic dishonesty. Many academians are more interested in becoming published than in discovering the truth. From anthroplogy to the medical sciences, there is a lot more deceit than is apparent to the outside observer.

Still beats the Hell out of magic books and fairytales.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, any name with GOD in it, and sent my way is a compliment ~ but thanks for the laugh, you are a real crack up :)
Getting back to the issue at hand:-
"You have completely ignored the simple fact that the numbers prove that the story of the flood is pure unadulterated BS and you are desperately trying to steer the conversation away from that fact"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>I have come across doorstops with higher IQs.
And definitely more useful.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Christians believe reality is a myth?

You've really got yourself convinced of that, huh?
You are concrete evidence of that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You can't even spell it, let alone know it LOL.

You don't believe in it, but nit pick about there being a global flood. There is much evidence (that you believe in most times) that there are fossils of ocean dwelling inhabitants of all types high up mountain sides, supporting global flooding, to a degree.

It is your imagination that takes the degree to whatever level it is that you are satisfied with to disprove history and evidence. Are you embarrassed about your inability to spell simple words? If you are doing it on purpose, aren't you embarrassed at your lack of social skills?
Aquatic fossils in mountains support plate tectonics.

Only bible literalists claim they are evidence of a flood.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to add feul to a fundie bonfire but I have witnessed first hand academic dishonesty. Many academians are more interested in becoming published than in discovering the truth. From anthroplogy to the medical sciences, there is a lot more deceit than is apparent to the outside observer.
Still beats the Hell out of magic books and fairytales.
Granted, however the scientific method eventually, though always, ends up bringing these frauds into the open. That's the reason it has worked so well for us as a species. Science doesn't work because scientists are perfect, it works because of the method itself.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>So you claim.
There are multiple, independent historical records of Beethoven's existence, unlike your Jesus, for whom no reliable records outside of the bible exist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Anytime there’s heavy rain there is going to be flooding.
Heavy Rain = Flooding, that’s not too hard to understand. However because it is recorded in the Bible. Atheist think it is a joke.

Atheist think it’s crazy that there was a “first,” Flood Control Commission. With the very first appointed Chairman.

That chairman was instructed in disaster planning and preparedness. He took his job very serious and he went to work preparing for the worlds first massive flood.

Despite the cynicism coming from our dearly beloved Atheist. There was indeed a “first massive flood.” In fact the bible actually records the average depth.

Perhaps it snowed in higher elevations. But only the base of mountains flooded. One must also consider that in a mountain range there are gullies and deep trenches where the water was much deeper.

Questions abound if this was a local flood or a global flood. Local flooding can encompass millions of square miles. Not just a couple city blocks. The world of human kind, as they knew it, flooded. Only those who took the Flood Control Commission serious was saved.

Not much has changed. We still have people building their dream homes on or near rivers, lakes and oceans. When massive rains and storms come. Those home flood, many are washed away from their foundations.
But doesn't the bible, inspired by your omniscient god, SAY that the whole world was covered-even the highest mountains?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, however the scientific method eventually, though always, ends up bringing these frauds into the open. That's the reason it has worked so well for us as a species. Science doesn't work because scientists are perfect, it works because of the method itself.
Exactly!

In the last 100 years, science has provided more beneficial results for humanity than any religion did in the last 2000 years.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There are multiple, independent historical records of Beethoven's existence, unlike your Jesus, for whom no reliable records outside of the bible exist.
So Jesus is as much a fable as Socrates. OK

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>This little joke was posted in FB via another Topix thread, and thought you might enjoy it too :)
***An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know sh#t?"
And then she went back to reading her book.***
Old joke.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I've got the serious face on, I'm being serious. Don't u guys care that she just disappeared? One minute she was here and the next, puff!
Hiding is a pretty busy young lady who gets too involved here, so she occasionally tears herself away from topix.

I'm sure she's fine and just attending to more important matters.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Hang on...are u guys pulling my leg?
She's a teacher.

River's pulling your leg.

And she'll no doubt have a clever response coming.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>If you pull my leg hard enough, it comes off. Well, the right one. Nooo, my right, your left.

;-)
There ya go.

;)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>"And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered" (Genesis 7:19–20).

And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man. All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died (Genesis 7:21–22)
So the flood was 15 cubits (whatever a cubit is) ABOVE the highest mountains.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

392 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min sweets2360 720,661
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 599,062
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min Lokesh paramar 4,628
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min MUQ1 36,501
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 27 min seriously the original 5,229
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 34 min bbbbbb 73
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Rosa_Winkel 93,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,344
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Mi Lin 532,626
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••