Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#145525 Dec 28, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lost count how many times godbots here have been told we evolved from apes not chimps, they never learn.
Well, you better keep up with it, eh, Richardfs, because you are slipping down the grade pole. You have no flipping idea where anything came from, but that's OK, you're not alone :)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#145526 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Aue contraire, Hippy.

"What we don't know yet" is not shrinking; it's getting larger.

Each new discovery expands the cosmic canvas of what-is-not-known.

It's only your arrogance that lets you think you are gaining on it.
It's only your arrogance that lets you make a statement like that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#145527 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes you did..... the Ape type of monkey that is LOL. But wait, Apes came from Whales.... oh, but Whales came from something else before that...
***SPOTLIGHT
Did Whale Evolution Go Backwards?
Whales swim, but their ancestors walked. Whales are mammals (like us) whose ancestors lived on land. Life probably began in
http://ocean.si.edu/ocean-over-time ***
Praise your jebus indeed, until next time they change their mind!!
I'm sorry the fact of Evolution disproves your creationist fantasy story.

Please take your anger and frustration out on someone else, because we're not the ones lying to you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145528 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I waste my time here...
Good question.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145529 Dec 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You are now saying unknowing is infinite. Is unknown also not round?
How many pizzas can you fit in an unknown?

Location hidden

#145530 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ just keeping on changing your mind to keep up with your scientists, and at least they admit they are allowed to change their mind, it is indeed, progress!! hahaha
Scientists update their knowledge according to new evidence and findings.

Meanwhile creationists still believe the earth is 6000 years old and don't want to become more intelligent or knowledgeable about the world or nature.

I suppose its because you don't have any respect for the hard work and curiosity of scientists.

Location hidden

#145531 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Resentment? I don't care if you are a monkeys uncle, but don't be afraid about revisions; it is something that has been on the top of the science agenda for centuries!!
The only agenda of science is to increase human understanding.

The only agenda of creationism is to lie about human understanding.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145532 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Universal common ancestry is not "a fact that has been learned".

It is a hypothesis, in this case, an interpolation from scant evidence, and there are multiple problems with it.

You have just illustrated the problem with modern teaching, while claiming the problem does not exist. The problem is cultural advocates of materialism claim to have science they do not have.
"Scant evidence"?

How much evidence do you require?

Why should we require any less of YOUR particular "hypothesis"?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145533 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Then you were stoned when you watched it.

Did Harris use his line that it is justified to kill people for what they believe, even if they haven't acted on it?

It's in his book.
You're too stupid to realize when you're getting you ass kicked.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#145534 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ just keeping on changing your mind to keep up with your scientists, and at least they admit they are allowed to change their mind, it is indeed, progress!! hahaha
I am sure glad that you religious types have never changed your minds!

The Earth is at the center of the universe, Pi = 3, killing daughters who are not virgins on their wedding night, forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, abstaining from shellfish and wearing two fabrics, killing a bird then bathing another in its blood to cure leprosy and of course, since you have remained constant, there is only one religion and only one denomination of that one religion.

And you wonder why people laugh at religion!

As you say, "hahaha"

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145535 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say anything was infinite.

The other side of a door is not infinite. But if you are looking through a keyhole, a bigger keyhole makes you think there is less to be known. Instead, you find more of the unknown.

I don't know if it's round. I know the earth is not round.
Define round.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145536 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Argument from incredulity is not a tactic for explaining, but merely for drawing existing explanations into question.
Existing explanations that you need to be false in order to hold tightly to your beliefs.

Location hidden

#145537 Dec 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Existing explanations that you need to be false in order to hold tightly to your beliefs.
At the end of the day creationists are living in a world that they simply cannot cope with.

Its why we see these people try desperately to lie about established facts and principles.

They are fighting against a world they don't understand, equipped with the mind of a unintelligent, yet arrogant and frightened 5 year old.

No wonder they don't feel like its a fair fight...all those scientists doing their intelligent science things, who listens to the stupid, predujiced and ignorant in today's world? The answer:any religion that needs bums on seats and donations to keep going...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145538 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you better keep up with it, eh, Richardfs, because you are slipping down the grade pole. You have no flipping idea where anything came from, but that's OK, you're not alone :)
The problem is you are so far down the pole you can't even see the rest of us.

But you arrogance of ignorance will not let you see.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#145539 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Catcher, Tide, River...Where r u guys? Catcher, I looked back and u were gone, r u batman?
And also...WHERE IS HIDING?
I was sleeping, jet lag hit me.

YOU find Hiding for us, girl.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145540 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes you did..... the Ape type of monkey that is LOL. But wait, Apes came from Whales.... oh, but Whales came from something else before that...
***SPOTLIGHT
Did Whale Evolution Go Backwards?
Whales swim, but their ancestors walked. Whales are mammals (like us) whose ancestors lived on land. Life probably began in
http://ocean.si.edu/ocean-over-time ***
Praise your jebus indeed, until next time they change their mind!!
So ... you know nothing about science, much less about evolution, and it's probably a miracle you manage to turn your computer on too. Care to betray just how stupid you are and post something else?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145541 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you better keep up with it, eh, Richardfs, because you are slipping down the grade pole. You have no flipping idea where anything came from, but that's OK, you're not alone :)
... oops, too late.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#145542 Dec 28, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Whales have no pelvis.
You keep lying and denying, and I'll keep posting. You're up next!!!

The observation that seemingly different organisms may exhibit similar embryological forms provides indirect but convincing evidence of a past evolutionary relationship. Slugs and giant ocean squids, for example, do not bear much superficial resemblance to each other, but the similarity of their embryological forms provides convincing evidence that they are both mollusks.
Vestigial Structures

Many organisms possess vestigial structures that have no apparent function, but that resemble structures their presumed ancestors had. Humans, for example, possess a complete set of muscles for wiggling their ears, just as a coyote does (table 22.1). Boa constrictors have hip bones and rudimentary hind legs. Manatees (a type of aquatic mammal often referred to as "sea cows") have fingernails on their fins (which evolved from legs). Figure 22.17 illustrates the skeleton of a baleen whale, which contains pelvic bones, as other mammal skeletons do, even though such bones serve no known function in the whale. The human vermiform appendix is apparently vestigial; it represents the degenerate terminal part of the cecum, the blind pouch or sac in which the large intestine begins. In other mammals such as mice, the cecum is the largest part of the large intestine and functions in storageusually of bulk cellulose in herbivores. Although some suggestions have been made, it is difficult to assign any current function to the vermiform appendix. In many respects, it is a dangerous organ: quite often it becomes infected, leading to an inflammation called appendicitis; without surgical removal, the appendix may burst, allowing the contents of the gut to come in contact with the lining of the body cavity, a potentially fatal event.

FIGURE 17
Vestigial features.The skeleton of a baleen whale, a representative of the group of mammals that contains the largest living species, contains pelvic bones. These bones resemble those of other mammals, but are only weakly developed in the whale and have no apparent function.

It is difficult to understand vestigial structures such as these as anything other than evolutionary relicts, holdovers from the evolutionary past. They argue strongly for the common ancestry of the members of the groups that share them, regardless of how different they have subsequently become.
Comparisons of the anatomy of different living animals often reveal evidence of shared ancestry. In some instances, the same organ has evolved to carry out different functions, in others, an organ loses its function altogether. Sometimes, different organs evolve in similar ways when exposed to the same selective pressures.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#145543 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you know nothing about science, much less about evolution, and it's probably a miracle you manage to turn your computer on too. Care to betray just how stupid you are and post something else?
She wonders where the sun goes on a cloudy day. Thinks Alaska is off the coast of Mexico. Has never visited a science museum, nor read any type of science book. I'm convinced that being willfully ignorant is one of the worst traits a human can have. She has it in spades!!!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#145544 Dec 28, 2012
Since science doesn't claim that chimps evolved into humans (chimps and humans had a common ancestor), I don't see your point.
Serah wrote:
You probably aren't aware that they 'used to think' that we evolved from apes, or chimps
Humans *did* evolve from apes, because humans *are* apes.

But no, scientists never "used to think" that humans evolved from chimpanzees. Humans and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestral population.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 17 min dess71 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min truth 765,473
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min truth 555,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min AussieBobby 263,715
Moses never existed 1 hr truth 568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 hr BottomNow 1,191

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE