Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#143896 Dec 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Show one shred of proof that he was an atheist. One. Him an his Mom were both end of the world nutters.
You don't hear many atheists screaming about the end is nigh.
<quoted text>
Adam Lanza and his mother attended Saint Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143897 Dec 17, 2012
Get preppin'
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the sun will burn itself out in about 5 billion years.
The earth will become uninhabitable long before that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143898 Dec 17, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Get preppin'
<quoted text>
Don't forget to pack a toothbrush.
Sher e Panjab

Caroline Springs, Australia

#143899 Dec 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, tell me it's not true? This can't be love, it can't!! Nooooooooooooooooo, he's going to break my heart!!!!!

I don't hate him, I'm not going to ruin my health coz of him. Ghandi was a hypocrite, very racist, dirty man, it's coz of him 1947 happened, I mean the india/pakistan partition, it's coz of him bhagat sikh was hung, I know my sikh/Indian histoty, he did more bad than good, but he pretended to be a saint! Patriotic indians are blind coz they have been brainwashed that way

Don't trust me, trust penn and teller, LOL, THEY SOO FUNNY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_21XD74JKHwXX
Master Tara Singh was also partly to blame and ofcourse Mahachutiya Ghandu
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143900 Dec 17, 2012
It is rare that an American person recognises we also have teeth in Europe(!)

btw your Aussie Tribute Troll is posting on "Atheists are better for politics than believers... "
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#143901 Dec 17, 2012
Thinking wrote:
It is rare that an American person recognises we also have teeth in Europe(!)
btw your Aussie Tribute Troll is posting on "Atheists are better for politics than believers... "
<quoted text>
I like Europe a million times better than the US, and I have seen more people with missing teeth or fake teeth than even in Mexico. lol Seriously. The US people just have this huge problem with projection.

Also, good to know, I am a bit bored forcing myself to take a break from code and all.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#143902 Dec 17, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>This is a cause of great concern to me.
*snicker*
Me too.

I'm wondering if I should buy heating oil or not.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143903 Dec 17, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Get preppin'
<quoted text>
I bought an extra toothbrush.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143904 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops.

Just read this.

Way ahead of you.

;)

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143905 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up more signs?
Install,“No Guns Allowed,” billboards at ever school?
How about more laws and even bigger signs?
Tazers for teachers.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143906 Dec 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satan made them do that "in the name of God". When are you ever going to learn when someone is tricking you?
Long before you, apparently.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#143907 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact - I've never said that the way we celebrate Christmas now is the way it's always been.
Who cares about the UK....?
Fact – who cares what you say.

A little over 60 million people so I the interpretation of RR is outnumbered by 60,000,000 to 1

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143908 Dec 17, 2012
just an allusion wrote:
Here's a question about the current progression of this threads' topic (which might prove to be somewhat telling about the TRUE motivations behind this threads' origination):
How did this thread go from a discussion about Atheism to one about homosexaulity*...?!
*(hint: Perhaps because it was ALWAYS one about homosexuality/Atheism and homosexuality are one in the same)
Perhaps, except for the fact that it's almost always the so-called christians that bring it up.

And it ALWAYS the christians that beat it to death.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143909 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, I agree 100%
Assault weapons have no purpose other that to spay death to many. I know there are many out there but a ban would man fewer, and that never hurt. maybe a buy back plan would eliminate more, I realize your not going to eliminated them, but some attempt MUST be made to reduce the numbers.
I can't ever remember feeling so helpless and sad over those poor children and their parents. The other school movie shooting were terrible I know, but there is just something about little innocent children that seems especially cruel. Helpless to prevent and all hope lost that this will not be repeated has left me sad beyond anything that has ever happened to me.
Temptation is a Gun by the Allman Brothers just played on my iPod.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143910 Dec 17, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you listen to the media and the stories about the gay boy, because he was an angry gay atheist adult 20 year old male.
Once again, you are another gay, who used the Matthew Shepard murder, Harvey Milks, and Stonewall incident to run your political agenda and now you want to hide from the fact that another gay atheist was being himself, mentally ill.
You gays and gay supporters decided that homosexuality was not a menbtal illness, now you want to hide from gay pedoohilia child abuse, gay mass murders of children,, Sandusky, Dahmer, and the lsit goes on and on and on.
Grow some balls, and accept the truth now.
I wonder just how many of us here on this site would be shocked to read in the paper tomorrow that YOU had strolled into a gay bar and massacred everyone there? The newspapers would be showing the kind of posts you just wrote above and saying "someone should have warned that this person was so deranged." I would examine myself very closely if I were you, you are obsessed, and sever obsessions like you have for gays is extremely dangerous.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#143911 Dec 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Can there be a gnostic theist?
Can there be two different kinds of gnostic theists, whose beliefs contradict each other?
Do you know that God exists? Do you believe that God exists? Do you believe you know that God exists? Do you think it's possible that there are no deities at all? Do you think it's possible that a whole bunch of deities exist, like 100?
I guess you'd call me a gnostic theist - I KNOW that God exists.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#143912 Dec 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll concede on the grounds that shaving the head leaves short hairs in place.
It was a flawed analogy, but the others hold.
Is not collecting stamps a hobby?
If atheism is akin to just not collecting stamps then theism is akin to just collecting stamps....

A flawed analogy, TwB.

A you don't have to believe in stamps in order to not collect them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#143913 Dec 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a strawman.
There are no atheist beliefs. Atheism tells you what you don't believe. It says nothing about what you do believe.
If you don't get this, there's no point in taking you any further.
Atheism acts as a crutch. It gives folks a prepackaged worldview and saves them from having to think for themselves or to seek answers to or even ask life's difficult questions.

Atheism is the opiate of the egotistical.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#143914 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you'd call me a gnostic theist - I KNOW that God exists.
Then you are lying or delusional, no less dishonest than those who say that no god could exist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#143915 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A decent social environment is were one doesn't talk in public about have vagina juice on his mustache, nor wallowing in juvenile bathroom humor and fart jokes. Seems as though you never made it out of the 5th grade. Hope that answers your question.
That's YOUR opinion of a decent social environment.

IMO - Your opinion is sounds like a pretty lame place to live. What's so undecent about bathroom humor & vagnial juice on a 'stache?

You can't understand that what you find decent is relative?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min As It Is 26,213
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,757
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 985,692
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
More from around the web