Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255963 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#143848 Dec 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He told me its not.
What portion of the Book of Mormon did you read?
How many times did you attend an Mormon church service?
How long did you pray about it?
And if you don't mind, how do you feel He told you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#143849 Dec 16, 2012
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> love does that to you Clementia,as far is near and near is far, heart you have for him is talking, you can't eat, drink because every moment you think of him! love is not easy! but you doing find!
LOL! I don't think catcher notice me, he would not, i'm a guy!:)
Ghandi is human with fault just like us all but some his wise saying carried does merits and look at good thing someone does even small bad things associate with the person. Why you hate him?
Oh no, tell me it's not true? This can't be love, it can't!! Nooooooooooooooooo, he's going to break my heart!!!!!

I don't hate him, I'm not going to ruin my health coz of him. Ghandi was a hypocrite, very racist, dirty man, it's coz of him 1947 happened, I mean the india/pakistan partition, it's coz of him bhagat sikh was hung, I know my sikh/Indian histoty, he did more bad than good, but he pretended to be a saint! Patriotic indians are blind coz they have been brainwashed that way

Don't trust me, trust penn and teller, LOL, THEY SOO FUNNY!

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143850 Dec 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! The media is not concerned with truth or compassion, just ratings.
Neither is the entertainment industry. It’s the all mighty dollar.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#143851 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, tell me it's not true? This can't be love, it can't!! Nooooooooooooooooo, he's going to break my heart!!!!!
I don't hate him, I'm not going to ruin my health coz of him. Ghandi was a hypocrite, very racist, dirty man, it's coz of him 1947 happened, I mean the india/pakistan partition, it's coz of him bhagat sikh was hung, I know my sikh/Indian histoty, he did more bad than good, but he pretended to be a saint! Patriotic indians are blind coz they have been brainwashed that way
Don't trust me, trust penn and teller, LOL, THEY SOO FUNNY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_21XD74JKHwXX
hey do feel warm or hot in which part of the body, it tell you if u in love with him?

You don't look Asiatic more Eastern European?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143855 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is disgusting and you want to blame a reporter when it is yuor gay atheism at work. This was just another gay who committed suicide, but his great evil was to take others with him and to destroy innocence. The gay man who caused the AIDS American continent killer was a serial killer, but you all ignore that too.
Wasn't Obama great. He sounded like a Christian preacher and prayed and asked God to bless the families and said God at tleast 30 times. He basically told you gays and atheists, not now, I will not hide Christianity and God, today I am a Christian president and we must be a Christian nation to overcome this evil and combat the evil that your agenda brings. I you willing to put down your hate and seek Christ so that thgese gay atheists can be met and cured???
Another of you self hating morons who wants to politicize a tragedy. Grow a conscious, a book of fables does not suffice as one.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#143856 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, don't be sad, sweetie!!
It's not that interesting, it's just water!:)
un ugh!

United States

#143857 Dec 16, 2012
Jeff Sharlet
author of "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power"

www.democracynow.org/ , August 12, 2009

A secretive group known as The Fellowship, or “The Family,” is one of the most powerful Christian fundamentalist movements in the United States. The Family’s devoted membership includes congressmen, corporate leaders, generals and foreign heads of state.

Unlike other Christian right groups, they [The Family] don’t really believe that you’re in power because you’re a good person.They believe that they are the “new chosen,” that you’re chosen for power by God. You’re not so much elected by the people as selected from above. And when you’re in that position, it doesn’t matter what you do. In a similar vein, the foreign leaders with whom they work, the dictators, about whom they have no illusions, are chosen by God for their countries, regardless of how brutal they are.

United States

#143858 Dec 16, 2012
Cornel West, Democracy Matters, p146
k
The three dogmas that are leading to the ... devouring of democracy in America- freemarket fundamentalism, aggressive militarism, and escalating authoritarianism - are often justified by the religious rhetoric of ... Christian fundamentalism.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143859 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer was an angry militant atheist, regardless if he claimed to be affiliated with any church or denomination. You should be ashamed of what your evil cult has done to our culture, rendering the world a very unsafe place.
Jump into the pool and create your own version of this shooter. Everyone else seems to be doing it. He was a homosexual, thats why he slaughtered innocent children.....He was an Atheists and that why he slaughtered innocent children (You).....My Turn, he was a religious person who heard God whisper to him to commit this horrendous crime.......Next he was a pedophile.....what ever your biased is, pin it on the shooter, I guess it makes you feel better somehow.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143860 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer was an angry militant atheist, regardless if he claimed to be affiliated with any church or denomination. You should be ashamed of what your evil cult has done to our culture, rendering the world a very unsafe place.
"the killer was an angry militant Atheist." Evidence please!!!! How do come by this knowledge, the police are keeping every detail about the shoot very secret. Do you have an inside track or are you just lying your ass off to serve your hatred for the more intelligent being on the planet. That would be Atheists.

Yeah, you're a lying scumbag, using this horrific innocent as a vehicle for your hatred. You pathetic loser, how pitiful you really are. Is this what it means to be a Christian, to use the deaths of these little children to fuel your campaign against Atheists. I've never been so glad to be an Atheist if this is what Christianity does to a person. Shameful, pathetic, sick and twisted human that you are.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143861 Dec 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is the entertainment industry. It’s the all mighty dollar.
Holy shit, I agreed with you twice now........WTF is gong on?????

United States

#143862 Dec 16, 2012
Was Ronald Reagan (Christian Fundie) an Even Worse President Than George W. Bush (Christian Fundie)? by Robert parry

In Latin America, Reagan's brutal strategy of arming right-wing militaries to crush peasant, student and labor uprisings left the region with a legacy of anti-Americanism that is now resurfacing in the emergence of populist leftist governments.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143865 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you listen to the media and the stories about the gay boy, because he was an angry gay atheist adult 20 year old male.
Once again, you are another gay, who used the Matthew Shepard murder, Harvey Milks, and Stonewall incident to run your political agenda and now you want to hide from the fact that another gay atheist was being himself, mentally ill.
You gays and gay supporters decided that homosexuality was not a menbtal illness, now you want to hide from gay pedoohilia child abuse, gay mass murders of children,, Sandusky, Dahmer, and the lsit goes on and on and on.
Grow some balls, and accept the truth now.
You're venting your hidden homosexual tendencies ONCE AGAIN. You know how you can tell a person has homosexual tendencies? It's all they talk about. Its their primary focus no matter what the subject. The conversation could be about anything, and suddenly you inject homosexuality. I started a conversation about the biblical God murdering little babies, and suddenly you started talking about gays. The question we are all wondering is, why is homosexuality always on your mind? I mean ALWAYS. You seem to eat, drink and sleep homosexuality, why is that? I think we all know the answer to that. ha ha ha ha .
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143866 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is always you gays who wish to hide from your acts. Your gayness is the tragedy and once again it has led to another serial killing. If you had a conscious then you gay wouyld not keep abusing and killing innocent children. In the upcoming week, I plan to send Obama a letter in repsonse to his admission that under his presidency 4 mass murders by gays has happened. You forgot the 150 church burnings and bombings.
Today I saw a president face the evil of his presidency and get on his knees before God and ask why me. I saw him call evil evil and God Lord. I saw him seek God's answer. He will find it.
Leviticus 18, the sins of a nation will destroy a nation.
What I find laughable is that you liars have tried to pin the blame of Hitler's gay issues on Christianity, the tragedy of 6 millioin Jews and over 6 million Christians killed. I have seen you gay haters try to use the tragedy of millions of blacks victimized due to civil rights issues and slavery. Now, you want us to back down and ignore another gay killing our children.
Where was your gya mouth when you made the Matthew Shepard murder political and blamed it on a Christian homophobic nation, when in fact it was just another gay/bisexual killing a gay during a robbery.
Yet another gay post for you. Keep em coming!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143867 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you listen to the media and the stories about the gay boy, because he was an angry gay atheist adult 20 year old male.
Once again, you are another gay, who used the Matthew Shepard murder, Harvey Milks, and Stonewall incident to run your political agenda and now you want to hide from the fact that another gay atheist was being himself, mentally ill.
You gays and gay supporters decided that homosexuality was not a menbtal illness, now you want to hide from gay pedoohilia child abuse, gay mass murders of children,, Sandusky, Dahmer, and the lsit goes on and on and on.
Grow some balls, and accept the truth now.
I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143868 Dec 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.

To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.

What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.

I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE1

United States

#143869 Dec 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.
To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.
What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.
I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
Hollywood is one tools USe by US military and those in corrupted power as it incite wars agaisnt people, nations,use racism, to startup of wars... you name

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#143871 Dec 16, 2012
Butler Area School District directors voted this week to arm school police within three months, but upon Friday‘s school shooting in Newtown, Conn., board members plan to meet early next week to speed up the process.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/western-p...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143873 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is always you gays who wish to hide from your acts. Your gayness is the tragedy and once again it has led to another serial killing. If you had a conscious then you gay wouyld not keep abusing and killing innocent children. In the upcoming week, I plan to send Obama a letter in repsonse to his admission that under his presidency 4 mass murders by gays has happened. You forgot the 150 church burnings and bombings.
Today I saw a president face the evil of his presidency and get on his knees before God and ask why me. I saw him call evil evil and God Lord. I saw him seek God's answer. He will find it.
Leviticus 18, the sins of a nation will destroy a nation.
What I find laughable is that you liars have tried to pin the blame of Hitler's gay issues on Christianity, the tragedy of 6 millioin Jews and over 6 million Christians killed. I have seen you gay haters try to use the tragedy of millions of blacks victimized due to civil rights issues and slavery. Now, you want us to back down and ignore another gay killing our children.
Where was your gya mouth when you made the Matthew Shepard murder political and blamed it on a Christian homophobic nation, when in fact it was just another gay/bisexual killing a gay during a robbery.
How many times do I have to tell you perverts, I am not interested nor capable of fulfilling your perverted fantasies, I just don't have that "equipment."

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#143874 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Butler Area School District directors voted this week to arm school police within three months, but upon Friday‘s school shooting in Newtown, Conn., board members plan to meet early next week to speed up the process.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/western-p...
Where were the school police in Conn.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Dr Banonator 55,910
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Brian_G 445,893
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 25 min Tony 6,077
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 32 min ImFree2Choose 2,306
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min bad bob 182,934
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,062
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,927
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 650,010
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 22 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web