Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243503 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#143605 Dec 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
When it comes to these mass murders. Doing nothing is not an option.
Well you could have only one option in the scenario , you know like...die?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143606 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could have only one option in the scenario , you know like...die?
I hate that it has come to this but we are going to need to allow Teachers to conceal & carry. It’s going to have to be mandatory for School Administrators.

Our kids need to be protected at all cost.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#143607 Dec 15, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Twisting the facts as usual now would like state how many died?
And how he defines mass murder.

I can't imagine somebody killing 26 barehanded in one place, at one time, without somebody stopping him.

Even kindergartners.

Even Buck.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143608 Dec 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Dec12.....
.....it was NOT designed for civilians.
Ps:....Problems began to happen when hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists 'like YOU' got their hands on 'em.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I'd be willing to bet most owners are god fearing christians.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143609 Dec 15, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What counts as violent crime?
Could somebody have caused this kind of carnage without a gun?
In the 1930's, a guy did the same thing with explosives. Guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82.
Now, what was your point again?
It's much more gratifying to hurt someone with bare hands. That's my experience, at least.
You're what's wrong with the world.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#143611 Dec 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Trinity:
Clementia, Catcher1, Happy Lesbo
These three are one!
.. we are !! the Holy Trinity ..
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#143612 Dec 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate that it has come to this but we are going to need to allow Teachers to conceal & carry. It’s going to have to be mandatory for School Administrators.
If you have access to someone in law enforcement, talk to them about it. I have spoken with detectives, uniformed cops, and an agent in the FBI on this very subject, and their general consensus is, sadly, this sort of tragedy is impossible to stop. There are simply too many variables involved and you can't possibly cover all of them. The wisest course to take is to accept it as one of the ugly realities of life and move on.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#143613 Dec 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more drive-by, Buck?
Come on, man.
.. Buck only likes to tease women. Can't deliver the goods, ya know ??..

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#143614 Dec 15, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have access to someone in law enforcement, talk to them about it. I have spoken with detectives, uniformed cops, and an agent in the FBI on this very subject, and their general consensus is, sadly, this sort of tragedy is impossible to stop. There are simply too many variables involved and you can't possibly cover all of them. The wisest course to take is to accept it as one of the ugly realities of life and move on.
Sad but true. The only thing I see that we can do it educate people. If you don't feel that you fit into society, there is no shame in seeking help.

The statement that we must do whatever at all cost, proves that the moron who said it has no clue.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143615 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine somebody killing 26 barehanded in one place, at one time, without somebody stopping him.
Even kindergartners.
Even Buck.
Believe, I don't feel comfortable supporting buck, but..

Hong Kong (CNN)-- On Friday morning, a man walked through the entrance of an elementary school and, without warning, began ruthlessly cutting down children at the school. Before he was subdued, nearly two dozen were hit.

While it sounds like the horrific massacre in Connecticut, this attack took place about 8,000 miles away in central China. And while several of the victims were reported in critical condition, none of the 22 children were killed. The 36-year-old suspect in China -- which has strict gun control laws -- attacked the children with a knife, according to local reports.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/world/asia/chin...

Guns are not needed, a deranged person will find a way to harm others. While you can easily point out that no one died, I am sure that the man did not know how to use a knife. A few minutes are the internet or reading a book could have changed that.

A few minutes on the internet or reading a book, one could build a bomb, create a chemical attack, poison a water supply. Man has been killing for a long time and is getting pretty good at it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143616 Dec 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we are !! the Holy Trinity ..
I think you forgot the 'UN' somewhere in that statement? ;)

“Rising”

Milky Way

#143617 Dec 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree , there should never be a situation that cannot be handled by the administration of any workforce.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#143618 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Even kindergartners.
Even Buck.
Like hunting in the petting zoo, I can't help but cry no way. I don't want to believe this , it has to be a conspiracy.
No one is insane enough to kill babies. It just can't be.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#143619 Dec 15, 2012
Cept , Anakin Skywalker , but he too is imaginary.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143620 Dec 15, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked in law enforcement for a duration. Perhaps we may not be able to prevent losses with armed Administrators and Coaches & Teachers. But we just might be able to minimize the carnage. Resisting may also buy time for Law enforcement to get on the scene.

Schools are responsible to do all they can to protect our kids. The kind of threats have changed over the years and now mass killings are a possibility.

I don’t accept that we can’t do anything. In fact all public places like schools, churches, government buildings, need to have someone designated with conceal & carry.

These mega movie theaters should be able to afford armed security.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143621 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree , there should never be a situation that cannot be handled by the administration of any workforce.
There are about 100,000 public schools in America. Two guns per school would be 200,000 guns in schools. If the average capacity is 10 rounds, that's 2 million bullets, in American schools, every day, waiting to be fired at humans.

I think I'd give them tasers.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#143622 Dec 15, 2012
It tubs out the shooter's mother was a big time gun collector who made sure her kids had lit of experience with guns and shooting them.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143623 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing that we need most of all, at least in my opinion, is education. If you are going to allow someone to carry a gun, make them take some training.

If you are carrying while in the mall and you hear gun shots and screams from the back of the store, what do you do?

Before you can get away, you see a man with a pistol run toward you, what do you do?

You have two possibilities that you have to work out in less than a second.

Is he the shooter or is he, just like you, a law bidding citizen who has a permit to carry and is running to take cover, or is he the shooter and if you don't shoot him, he is going to shoot you.

I have no idea how I would react and I have some training.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#143624 Dec 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
It tubs out the shooter's mother was a big time gun collector who made sure her kids had lit of experience with guns and shooting them.
Well they could do nothing...then there will be less kids next year?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143625 Dec 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
From what I am reading, the kid had a mental disorder. If that is true, then the mother is certainly at fault for not taking that into consideration.

Many people are afraid of the negative stigma attached to mental health issues, so they hide it.

Nothing ever good comes out of hiding from issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 596,694
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Burke Devlin 855,842
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min WasteWater 6,165
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 32 min Burke Devlin 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min onemale 272,098
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min Bella Italia 40,722
Mercedes C63 AMG 2015 1 hr jack webber 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr American_Infidel 177,224
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Bella Italia 612,652
More from around the web