Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255504 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#143375 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do give a sh** or you wouldn’t have responded back.
Tell me, genius, is it possible to respond forward?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143376 Dec 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
The belief system which follows the line of thought which indicates that there is no God.
Everyone believes what they believe because they have had certain experiences that lead them to believe that way.(or a lack of certain experiences) An individual's belief that there is no god is supported by a system of interconnected underlying data and thoughts collected by the individual to support that assertion.
Wrong, lack of belief is simply the default position based on total lack of evidence. Lack of experience has nothing to do with lack of belief.

An individuals lack of belief is not "supported" by any underlaying data, there simply is NOT data connected to God. And lack of belief is NOT an assertion. An assertion is a positive claim. "I believe in God." That is an assertion. As such, all positive assertions demand supporting evidence. If God exists show me the evidence, if you can't then I reject that any such being exists. I haven't made an assertion, I have simply dismissed God just as I dismiss Tinkerbell, Peter pan, and Superman. If I dismiss fictitious beings like Bugs Bunny, Santa Clause, ect, do I then have a belief system that says these imaginary things don't exist. Theists have a funny way of twisting the meanings of phrases. I think deep down they're all embarrassed by their beliefs and the lack of evidence to support this beliefs, so they want non-believers put into the same category as having a "belief system" makes them feel less isolated and foolish. Any intelligent person knows the difference between having a "positive" belief, and having a "Lack" of belief. They just love to manipulate the phrase so they won't feel so lonely. Pretty funny actually!!!!

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143377 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#143378 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the shoe fits wear it, not in your case. If the bra fits wear it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.

Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#143379 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Trinity:

Clementia, Catcher1, Happy Lesbo

These three are one!

Hermosa Beach, CA

#143380 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Trinity:
Clementia, Catcher1, Happy Lesbo
These three are one!
One what, dopey?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143381 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughes H-4 Hercules, also known as the "Spruce Goose."
Was built out of wood, weigh 400,000 pounds, 218 feet long, wing span of 320 feet, and be five stories tall. At the time (1947) it was the largest aircraft ever built. It held that record for decades.
Critics claimed that it was not air worthy, it was too big and would not be able to fly because it was heavy. It was a ship with wings.
Wiki:
During a Senate hearing on August 6, 1947 (the first of a series of appearances), Hughes said:
{The Hercules was a monumental undertaking. It is the largest aircraft ever built. It is over five stories tall with a wingspan longer than a football field. That's more than a city block. Now, I put the sweat of my life into this thing. I have my reputation all rolled up in it and I have stated several times that if it's a failure I'll probably leave this country and never come back. And I mean it}.
If an wooden airplane as big as a ship can fly, then the Ark could be built and float.
What is your basis for the premiss that if a large wooden airplane can fly, then a large wooden boat could be seaworthy? Remember now, you just can't make stuff up, you have to support your idea, so I'll be waiting!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143382 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not an oceanographer or an expert on the ice age. I do know that ice and snow in North America can melt pretty damn fast. Causing widespread flooding all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.
When I lived in Arizona there were these deep canals that were nearly always dry. There would be signs saying,“Danger - Flash Flood Area.” At the time it looked like a joke because the canals were dry as a bone and this was the desert.
But at certain times of the year a wall of water comes rushing down the mountains. Like a dam break sort of speak. There’s no slow trickle of water or gradual increase in the water level in the canal. One minute the canals are bone dry. The next 10 seconds there is a massive wave of water moving down the canal.
It’s hard to understand when you haven’t seen that kind of water movement. It wouldn’t matter if you were a Olympic swimmer. The water would take you down. Lots of people have drowned in these canals because they don’t believe a flash flood can happen in seconds.
As water begins to melt it pools up in certain areas in the mountains. Ice and debris prevents the water from flowing down into the valley. Then the natural ice dam breaks and a wall of water come gushing down at a pretty rapid clip.
I said that to say there’s a lot you don’t know about ocean science Doctor. You may think you do but it’s not your field of discipline. Flooding doesn’t have to be from melting ice. A earthquake in the oceans can send a wall of water higher than a 10 story building. Japan knows something about that kind of energy. And it’s not a slow gradual flood. It happens in seconds.
I give up!!!! My 9 year old granddaughter understands this perfectly, go figure!!!!

Hermosa Beach, CA

#143383 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you allowed to be Catcher?
I am the one and only Catcher.

Master of the white sheet.

Feared by the bravest.

Leader of the pack.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143384 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "decent social environment"? There's no one single definition for it. It's relative.
<quoted text>
You avoid the question by shit talking?
A decent social environment is were one doesn't talk in public about have vagina juice on his mustache, nor wallowing in juvenile bathroom humor and fart jokes. Seems as though you never made it out of the 5th grade. Hope that answers your question.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143385 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, with THAT kind of argument..........
Thanks for agreeing with me!!!
tip

Mount Hope, OH

#143386 Dec 13, 2012
Atheism is a cult of its own.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143387 Dec 13, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that his wife took a page or two of his translations and challenged him to translate them again.
He came up with some hair brained excuse as to either why he couldn't or why they were different.
yes, I had read that. Apparently it makes little difference to those who believe in this totally bizarre religion.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#143389 Dec 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I had read that. Apparently it makes little difference to those who believe in this totally bizarre religion.
I agree.

But I'll go one step further.

Religion, by definition, is bizarre.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#143391 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do give a sh** or you wouldn’t have responded back.
I have a question perhaps you can answer it for me. Why is it you dumb ass Brits are missing half your teeth? I think it’s because you buttheads can’t keep your punk ass mouth shut and inevitably someone beats the hell out of you.
You have confirmed on thing, miracles still happen. You said you had a friend. Holy shitscow, that’s too much to take in one day. Let me guess he is also missing half of his teeth. There’s a cop somewhere in the UK that has a bag full of teeth and some of them are yours. And some of them are his.
Those who act like jerks will be treated likewise. You butted in with your distasteful comment and that brought you up on the scope. You need to go back to the restaurant and ask for your job back washing dishes. This time spend more time working than smoking dope in the back alley.
This reminds me of the story of the emperor's new clothes. You too, right?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#143392 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...
Oh, we're playing armchair psychologist? Here's your condition - the dunning kruger effect.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.[1]

Wiki.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143394 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What? What did I say that was filthy?
14Dec12.....

.....You used the 'F' word.....you bad, bad girl.

Ps:.....You'll be using the 'C' word like 'dimKing next!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#143396 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's shaved off on purpose. It's the hair style some men want. There doesn't need to be hair to have a hair style.
A hairstyle, hairdo, or haircut refers to the styling of hair, usually on the human head. The fashioning of hair can be considered an aspect of personal grooming, fashion, and cosmetics, although practical, cultural, and popular considerations also influence some hairstyles.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairstyle
14Dec12.....

.....da 'Bald' look came in some few years ago when Queer hairDressers noticed that they were going bald and decided to do something about it as they couldn't 'afford' to spend thousands on the better toupeeeeees anyways.

...And so, they began to shave their heads.

They still do so today and quite a few bald eeejits are those with the tatoooos running up and down their necks, body piercings, and da whole 9 yards. It just looks terrible and in the Oil & Gas business 'We Don't Hire 'Em'.....for safety sake. Also, they are usually uneducated and dumb and dumber.

Back to the bald, MOST bald male people today are bald because they were going bald anyways and bald people include a whole lotta hAtheists. Of course, with the introduction of Queer hairDressers shaving their heads, it was looked upon as a 'new' style and it caught on....'Safety in Numbers' one might say. BobLoblah would wager dat Most of the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists hereIN are bald.

Nope. BobLoblah is most certainly NOT bald.

Ps:....Neither does BobLoblah have tattooooos and any other forms of bells & whistles and fakery.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#143397 Dec 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
This is a keeper! Ya just try calling a catholic a Christian they get furious!
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
14Dec12.....

.....For those of the General Public who are very young and members of TOPIX Forums and visit ALL topics, would you 'SPELL out what Lmfao'....really means....so that youth do NOT get hooked into the negatives of Life as you most obviously did.

Ps:.....Guess you Really & Truly didn't readUP your Terms & Conditions 'before' you clickedON to TOPIX. Huh!!!

You 'sliverty' are a filty-minded, foul-mouthed prick.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#143398 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your response more than you could ever know. If it wasn’t for you Brits we wouldn’t have the grand festivities every 4th of July. We have one hell of a party every 4th and have for over 200 years thanks to you arrogant Brits.
That must have been one hell of ass kicking. You b*stards haven’t been back. That’s really a shame because we would love nothing more than to have the privilege of kicking you ass again.
So with very much appreciation, thanks for being a good loser, c*nt. Every football and baseball game all across the United States we pay tribute to you losers by singing the Star Spanked Banner. We sing it millions of times every year and salute our flag you b*stards tried to destroy.
I apologize, we love that victory more than any other in our history. Yes, we do party a bit too much on the 4th of July, but damn we enjoy it so.[tipping hat and flipping you the bird]
14Dec12.....

.....and don't forget dat the Brits loved their David Beckham so much that they couldn't afford him.

Ps:.....They also chased the Beatles, Stones, Elton, Clapton and hundreds of udders...outta town because the Brits couldn't afford them. The government wanted ALL their monies.

.....Sean Connery and Michael Caine told'em to go to hell and got out. Make no wonder that Sean is heading up the party that wants to take 'Scotland' out of the union of the UK.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Steve III 44,664
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Thinking 48,427
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Catholic Witch Bu... 646,510
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 13 min The Truth Hurts 7
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 51 min Catholic Pharisee 384
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 281,244
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,711
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Toby 105,572
More from around the web