Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#143349 Dec 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yawn link less spam. Ashamed to show your source for this tripe? There is a plethora of catholic hating pentecostal sites that scream the pope is satan and such. Yawn.
Let's try it this way. What is the largest Christian denomination Riverside Retard?
<quoted text>
hmmmmm...... You answer a question with a question.

Nice evade.

Lets try again.

Question: What is the difference between Catholicism and Christianity?

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143350 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Not a problem, cu*t.
<quoted text>
I appreciate your response more than you could ever know. If it wasn’t for you Brits we wouldn’t have the grand festivities every 4th of July. We have one hell of a party every 4th and have for over 200 years thanks to you arrogant Brits.

That must have been one hell of ass kicking. You b*stards haven’t been back. That’s really a shame because we would love nothing more than to have the privilege of kicking you ass again.

So with very much appreciation, thanks for being a good loser, c*nt. Every football and baseball game all across the United States we pay tribute to you losers by singing the Star Spanked Banner. We sing it millions of times every year and salute our flag you b*stards tried to destroy.

I apologize, we love that victory more than any other in our history. Yes, we do party a bit too much on the 4th of July, but damn we enjoy it so.[tipping hat and flipping you the bird]

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143351 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just not getting it.
I don't think I can help you.
Catholics are Christians like white people are Americans.
They have a different belief system, different bible, different way of practicing their religion, etc.
Catholics are a member of Christianity, but they are by no means Christian.
(which is why they're called "Catholics")
By your logic there are thousands of religions that are called christian but are not, you are also not a christian by your own logic.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#143352 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as a gnostic atheist.
Can there be a gnostic theist?

Can there be two different kinds of gnostic theists, whose beliefs contradict each other?

Do you know that God exists? Do you believe that God exists? Do you believe you know that God exists? Do you think it's possible that there are no deities at all? Do you think it's possible that a whole bunch of deities exist, like 100?

Location hidden

#143353 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bald is a hair style. Talk to Bruce Willis...
('bald' doesn't mean male-pattern balding, btw)
I'll concede on the grounds that shaving the head leaves short hairs in place.

It was a flawed analogy, but the others hold.

Is not collecting stamps a hobby?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143354 Dec 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations for belonging to one of the more batshit crazy religions. Your Joe Smith was a snake oil salesman with his Golden plates, transcribing what was supposedly on them behind a curtain. And of course like the Mythical Jesus, they eventually rose up into the sky on their way to heaven. I can't imagine what makes potentially intelligent people believe total bullshit like this, amazing!!!!
Did you know that his wife took a page or two of his translations and challenged him to translate them again.

He came up with some hair brained excuse as to either why he couldn't or why they were different.

Location hidden

#143355 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Like I said, "If you could prove ANY of it, it becomes fact instead of belief."
Which is it, TwB? Is it a fact that God isn't real or is it your belief?
It's a strawman.

There are no atheist beliefs. Atheism tells you what you don't believe. It says nothing about what you do believe.

If you don't get this, there's no point in taking you any further.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143356 Dec 13, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that his wife took a page or two of his translations and challenged him to translate them again.
He came up with some hair brained excuse as to either why he couldn't or why they were different.
It was that he was "commanded" to because the theft proved that they were "unworthy" of it. He was a great scam artist, could have easily been the one to start all of christianity, had he been born earlier.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#143357 Dec 13, 2012
I couldn't give a sh!t. Shall we talk about Vietnam or would you like to grow up?

I party on 4th July with our ex-USAF American friend, and do Thanksgiving with him since he's a long way from home. In return, he gets to do November 5th fireworks with us, and we get 4 days off over Easter unlike you in the US. He likes that too, even though we're all heathens.

Unlike you, he's not a cu*t, he's a great guy, and a great ambassador for the US. I'm not going to descend into anti-American abuse just because you're a hopeless POS.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your response more than you could ever know. If it wasn’t for you Brits we wouldn’t have the grand festivities every 4th of July. We have one hell of a party every 4th and have for over 200 years thanks to you arrogant Brits.
That must have been one hell of ass kicking. You b*stards haven’t been back. That’s really a shame because we would love nothing more than to have the privilege of kicking you ass again.
So with very much appreciation, thanks for being a good loser, c*nt. Every football and baseball game all across the United States we pay tribute to you losers by singing the Star Spanked Banner. We sing it millions of times every year and salute our flag you b*stards tried to destroy.
I apologize, we love that victory more than any other in our history. Yes, we do party a bit too much on the 4th of July, but damn we enjoy it so.[tipping hat and flipping you the bird]

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#143358 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's shaved off on purpose. It's the hair style some men want. There doesn't need to be hair to have a hair style.
A hairstyle, hairdo, or haircut refers to the styling of hair, usually on the human head. The fashioning of hair can be considered an aspect of personal grooming, fashion, and cosmetics, although practical, cultural, and popular considerations also influence some hairstyles.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairstyle
I've never been so confused about the definition of hairstyle!

@Batty...wow, did u fly the proper planes that people use to go on holiday in?

Location hidden

#143359 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Christians allowed to swear?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#143360 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Their god has a hissy fit when christians swear.

Eagle does it anyway, he's a tough guy, doesn't mind spending eternity in the lake of fire.

When he hits the end of the trail, he's a gonna be a sorry cowpoke.

Location hidden

#143361 Dec 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll concede on the grounds that shaving the head leaves short hairs in place.
It was a flawed analogy, but the others hold.
Is not collecting stamps a hobby?
Well, if you enjoy and take an interest in NOT collecting stamps, then I guess you could call it a hobby. lol.

How could you give up with the hairstyle thing? What if you wax the head?

Location hidden

#143362 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you enjoy and take an interest in NOT collecting stamps, then I guess you could call it a hobby. lol.
How could you give up with the hairstyle thing? What if you wax the head?
As long as there is still hair, the possibility for hair, and a choice to keep it cut "short", baldness could be considered a hair style. I should have used "hair color" instead.

As for not collecting stamps being a hobby, nope. That would make all life experience apart from collecting stamps, a hobby, and clearly we can't call THAT a hobby. If we did, every person would be involved in an infinite amount of hobbies, like not riding asteroids, or not tying horses' tails together.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#143364 Dec 13, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
As one of those people who went door to door, within the first hour of talking to some one who invited me to talk with them, I always invited them to "experiment" on it. Anyone who has talked to Mormon missionaries for a while knows they are always trying to get you to experiment on what they are saying. The missionary discussions basically go something like this:
Missionary: "There is a God, this is what He has done and this is how you can find out if I'm telling the truth..."
Or for just about anything the missionary says...
Missionary: "Doing ..... will make you happier because you are living as God would have you live. Try it and see if you are happier."
When people see how much happier they are living the gospel, they want to do more and join the church. Conversion is based on faith promoting experiences or evidences that the convert collects.
Dear Elder Sam:

Why did it take so long to have my name removed from the LDS Membership Rolls?

In advance, thank you for trying to respond to my inquiry.

HL

Location hidden

#143366 Dec 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there is still hair, the possibility for hair, and a choice to keep it cut "short", baldness could be considered a hair style. I should have used "hair color" instead.
As for not collecting stamps being a hobby, nope. That would make all life experience apart from collecting stamps, a hobby, and clearly we can't call THAT a hobby. If we did, every person would be involved in an infinite amount of hobbies, like not riding asteroids, or not tying horses' tails together.
Lol, I'm going to go up to a bald guy and say, "I like your hairstyle, ;-)." If I get into trouble it's your fault.

I know, I was joking. I'm smart, remember? hehehehe

Location hidden

#143367 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I'm going to go up to a bald guy and say, "I like your hairstyle, ;-)." If I get into trouble it's your fault.
I know, I was joking. I'm smart, remember? hehehehe
I stand behind my words.

Sometimes I use big words to get more cover.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#143368 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
If you belong to a org that doesnt allow you to swear you are in a cult clemingtime.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#143369 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been so confused about the definition of hairstyle!

@Batty...wow, did u fly the proper planes that people use to go on holiday in?
No.

I only flew very improper planes. ;)

Mine is a 4 seat, 1953 fabric covered airplane.

It has patches.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143370 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I couldn't give a sh!t. Shall we talk about Vietnam or would you like to grow up?
I party on 4th July with our ex-USAF American friend, and do Thanksgiving with him since he's a long way from home. In return, he gets to do November 5th fireworks with us, and we get 4 days off over Easter unlike you in the US. He likes that too, even though we're all heathens.
Unlike you, he's not a cu*t, he's a great guy, and a great ambassador for the US. I'm not going to descend into anti-American abuse just because you're a hopeless POS.
<quoted text>
Apparently you do give a sh** or you wouldn’t have responded back.

I have a question perhaps you can answer it for me. Why is it you dumb ass Brits are missing half your teeth? I think it’s because you buttheads can’t keep your punk ass mouth shut and inevitably someone beats the hell out of you.

You have confirmed on thing, miracles still happen. You said you had a friend. Holy shitscow, that’s too much to take in one day. Let me guess he is also missing half of his teeth. There’s a cop somewhere in the UK that has a bag full of teeth and some of them are yours. And some of them are his.

Those who act like jerks will be treated likewise. You butted in with your distasteful comment and that brought you up on the scope. You need to go back to the restaurant and ask for your job back washing dishes. This time spend more time working than smoking dope in the back alley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tellthetruth 989,858
Spread This Around & Stop The Lies! 33 min Truth 1
News Arresting the homeless isn't the answer (Jul '12) 1 hr Christie Taylor 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr iamcuriousnow 42,498
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr European Slave 156
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 690,591
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
More from around the web